Page 1 of 18 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiseup! The Manhattan Project II Servant Thread

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wiseup! The Manhattan Project II Servant Thread

Since it would bog up the main thread for The Manhattan Project, I'm making this separate thread here for each of the Servant profiles, as well as any questions you may have and discussion.

WARNING! This thread contains SPOILERS if you scroll down any further. If you want to avoid knowing Servant identities and powers before they are officially revealed, STAY AWAY!!

--------x---------

Servant: ???
    Class: Saber
    Master: James

Background: ???

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance – A

Riding – C

Personal Skills:

Charisma – B

Divinity – C

Instinct – B

Battle Continuation – C

Noble Phantasm(s):

???

Stats:

Strength - A
    Agility - A
    Magic - B
    Luck - D
    Endurance - B

-------------------

Servant: Hannibal Barca
    Class: Rider
    Master: Nigel

Background: Hannibal Barca was a Carthaginian general during the late 3rd and early 2nd centuries, who famously fought against the Romans in the Second Punic War. After crossing the Rhone river and the Alps, and campaigning in Italy for 15 years, he was defeated by Scipio Africanus at the Battle of Zama. Afterwards, Hannibal became the leader of Carthage and helped the city recover from its economic losses following the war with Rome. He was later unjustly accused by bureaucrats of trying to start another war with Rome, and so he exiled himself form the city. He fought in a few other wars for various empires and city-states, often as an admiral, eventually being backstabbed by the king of Bythnia who exposed him to the Romans. Refusing to let himself be captured, Hannibal committed suicide with a vial of poison he had kept in his ring. He is a determined and honourable man, though he tends not to forget grudges and takes the promises of himself and others very seriously.

Class Skills:

Riding – A

Personal Skills:

Charisma – A

Pioneer of the Stars - A++

Military Tactics – A+

Eye of the Mind (True) – B

Logistics – A+ (ability to utilize resources and energy efficiently, at higher ranks becomes a form of Independent Action)

Adaptability – A (the Servant's ability to judge a situation and adjust their tactics accordingly)

Noble Phantasm(s):

Banner of the Thousand NationsArmy of LiberationB
    Type - Anti-Army

Hannibal summons 40,000 mercenary troops, 37 elephants including his own Surus, as well as his brothers Hanno, Hasdrubal and Mago. The troops' equipment is determined by the wealth of Hannibal as well as his Master, and their experience never increases over time, unlike Alexander's troops. However, this army is easier to maintain prana-wise, and can be fully customized to suit Hannibal's needs, drawing from the many different soldiers in his army. The Logistics and Military Tactics skills determine Hannibal's ability to manoeuvre this army, and since they're both very high, well, he has a lot of control. Troops killed in battle are automatically replaced when the army is dematerialized, hopefully due to victory. Surus the elephant, Hannibal's personal steed, is a Phantasmal Beast specific to Hannibal himself, having been elevated to that rank upon Hannibal's ascension as a Heroic Spirit, and he is her only rider; she is exceptionally powerful, and the other elephants in the army are quite strong as well. Hannibal’s brothers are minor Heroic Spirits and are much more powerful than an average soldier in the army, but are not quite great enough to have their own legends, and so are attached to Hannibal's own great fame. With this army, only a small camp can be created, making it more efficient to be constantly on the move rather than waiting in one spot for long periods of time.

1. Saber (Julius Caesar)

3. Rider (Boudicca)
    4. Archer (Edward Teach)
    5. Archer (Napoleon)

------------------------

There are about 23 in total!
    Last edited by Five_X; December 25th, 2011 at 05:27 PM.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    Delicious wise up. Must nom.
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Tip: link this thread to the fanfic one and viceversa, it may help newcomers.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I will tonight once I get the chapter done.

In any case, though, discuss!! I want glorious conversation on these Servants, ahahahahaha!

Or, in another way: with the latest chapters, (and more so the one I'm posting hopefully tonight) what are your guesses for Saber's identity? Not that I'm going to tell you if you're right, I'm just interested in seeing what you all have to think on it.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Five_X, it would be almost impossible to guess. You're not nasu, and therefore we can't apply his routine in servant stats to you. But anyway, I think the key points are:

a) her very low Luck
    b) high magic resistance.
    c) Divinity and battle continuation.

Blog Entries
    Actually, Magic Resistance is based a lot on the Master, IIRC. In this case, at least, it is.

It's funny, since after looking over a few of the chapters, I've dropped quite a few notable hints. I'd quote a couple, but at least one of them is subtle but very telling.

Blog Entries
    I am terrible at Servant guessing games. Oi.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ok, if I'm gonna do this, I need some word of god.

Is she genderbended? Does she have divinity because demi-human?

Blog Entries
    All I'll say is that her divinity comes from being deified in some manner after her death. That's why it's rank C and not any higher.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    So she can be genderswapped? Then she/he could be anyone...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    All I'll say is that her divinity comes from being deified in some manner after her death. That's why it's rank C and not any higher.
    Hervor? She did use a sword, and a valkyrie with her name later appears in another Norse legend.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Hey, never thought about Valkyries! But... aren't they goddesses? If so, they can't be summoned (unless Five_X uses them like they were Saints, human raised to the level of small gods)

Blog Entries
    They're not goddesses, at least not in actual mythology, maybe in the Nasuverse they were though. Regardless of that, there could always be exceptions. Hervor, in her original myth, wasn't a valkyrie at all. Brunhilde is also a valkyrie turned mortal. This is all just wild guessing, though. Hervor is just the first heroine that came to mind from what little tidbits he's given her.. Not to mention I've totally thought of her as a Servant before, so the idea was already ingrained into my head.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    They're not goddesses, at least not in actual mythology,
    ehm, what are they then?

Brunhilde is also a valkyrie turned mortal.
    then she should be eligible for a summoning.

This is all just wild guessing, though.
    Not to mention I've totally thought of her as a Servant before, so the idea was already ingrained into my head.
    No, no, I agree. It's a possibility.

Blog Entries
    Valkyries would count as divine for all intents and purposes. Why exactly they're divine depends on the specific person.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    ehm, what are they then?
    Odin's "Shield-maidens", the "choosers of the slain." They flew over battlefields and collected fallen warriors to bring to Valhalla. They were certainly divine, but they weren't exactly goddesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Valkyries would count as divine for all intents and purposes. Why exactly they're divine depends on the specific person.
    So.. wait, that doesn't answer my original question.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    So.. wait, that doesn't answer my original question.
    I think valkyries is the wrong choice, then... goddesses are no, and if Five_X consider them as divine spirits...

Blog Entries
    It could be the right choice, who knows? Personally, I think Valkyries are pretty badass and awesome and should be used more in Grail Wars!

But no plain answers from me, anybody. :P

Blog Entries
    Bah, fair enough. I'll just have to wait and see. I'm still sticking to the Hervor guess, though. I also look forward to seeing your other Servants, especially your Assassin and Rider class Servants. Now back to quietly lurking the forums for me.

/Presence Concealment (EX)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    your Assassin and Rider class Servants.
    Assassin, yes, but I'm also curious about Archers and Berserkers. There aren't many choices for them...