Thread: Fake FSN CM

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors fraggle's Avatar

Fake FSN CM

I know that the works of Gabirel Blessing are one of the most discussed and base-breaking subjects on this forum, so I know that posting this here is a bit risky. However, I need some help with the translation of Shirou's dialog from the UBW movie, as i noticed that the UTW subtitles are a bit incomplete.

The Video is based on the fact that in 'In Flight" both Shirou and Musibi are ' distorted' after nearly dieing, as they both copied the wishes of the one who saved them ( Kiritsugu's ' Hero of Justice' in Shirou's case and 08-Yume ' Love conquers all' in 88-Musubi's case).

It shows both their rescues from certain death, and a gimps of the distorted persons they will become.

http://youtu.be/1neYyJdvsjE

I know that Shirou speaks of being empty at some point ( thanks to hours of watching subbed Anime), but I can't find the literal translation. Does anyone know the literal translation of his dialog from that scene in the UBW movie? I would be able to fix the subtitles that way. ( press the cc butten to turn subs on.)

Also, any comments and remarks on the video itself would be nice too.

Illya is best servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Nice video, but I didn't understand what this is about.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; August 28th, 2011 at 07:06 AM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I also don't understand what you mean by "UTW fansubs incomplete." The video above just doesn't have everything UTW put in their subtitle track, missing the line "At the time, empty as I was..." between the mind couldn't be revived and admiring something.

@Arashi Well, for some reason I missed that line then, Ill have to fix that later.

@Sherrinford: This video Is based on Gabriel Blessings fanfic 'In flight'. One of the interesting things about it is that both Shirou and one of the female Characters( number 88, Musubi) were both saved, and both have a distorted view( Musubi believes in the absolute power of love conquering all, while at the same time being an battle freak who will defeat all her enemies, no matter if that means destroying their love. While Shirou has his distorted view on his own life compared to humans.

It made for a niche WHAM-moment in the Fic, as the ditsy girl suddenly got a shitload of character developement once Shirou realized why she could say such corny things with a straight face.

Still, there was one point that I was curious about. "How do you even know Karasuba anyway? You two," I tried to find a polite way to say that they seemed to have absolutely nothing in common, and settled finally on, "don't seem like a likely couple."

"Oh!" Musubi chirped, smiling innocently. "That's because I was saved by her."

I blinked, not having expected such a simple response. "Saved?" I repeated. I couldn't help but focus on that particular word. 'Saved' and I have always had a long and strange relationship after all. "From what?"

Musubi grinned. "A long time ago Musubi was kidnapped!" she proclaimed as though mentioning something like having stubbed a toe or tripped in the sand. "It was Karasuba-sama and Yume-sama who saved me. But Yume-sama isn't here anymore," she admitted, still smiling at me. "I think that Yume-sama was Karasuba-sama's best friend, so she used to visit me while I was recovering."

A wave of vertigo struck me, and I tried my best not to let it show. "Recovering?" I echoed, feeling like a broken record as I did so. Musubi nodded.
    "Yes. When I was kidnapped, they did all kinds of things to me. If it wasn't for Yume-sama, then I would have surely died." A shudder swept through me as Musubi elaborated. "It was thanks to Yume-sama that I… Shirou-san?" the shrine girl trailed off, giving me an innocently curious look as I stood silently.

"You were saved," I repeated. That word again: saved. A distant memory, a hellish landscape, the scent of smoke and the sounds of screams and weeping, my body failing me, hope disappearing, my inevitable death a welcome release, and then a face, so happy to see me, weeping at having found me, overcome with relief at having been able to rescue one soul from the inferno he had been the cause of, of the thought of wanting to be as happy as that man was at that very moment….

I should be used to this. I really should be. This was the second time Musubi's innocent words had literally shattered my confidence in my understanding of the situation. I should have seen this coming. A belief so strong that even when forced to act in a way that was contradictory to it the act would be committed in its name. To casually dismiss the horrors and agony and death that must have happened in their life, despite how much those thoughts should linger. That blatant inconsistencies, the strange responses to casual stimuli. It all added up to a horrible conclusion, one I shouldn't have had to see coming, but was experienced with nonetheless.

"Musubi-chan," I murmured, staring at the shrine girl who was looking at me in curiosity at my response to her story. "You're distorted."

Distorted. Was this what Rin felt, so long ago, when she labeled me so? The sudden realization that it wasn't just an abnormal character trait that caused the person you were addressing to act like they did, and that there truly was something seriously wrong with the person, something they couldn't see, something they wouldn't see, or something they did see and simply didn't care about?

"Distorted?" Musubi repeated, tilting her head to the side curiously. "Is that like 'discretion'?" she ventured cautiously. "If it is, I don't think I'm quite ready for it. We haven't even gotten started on 'discretion' yet."

Illya is best servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Ah, thanks Fraggle. The fanfic seems good, you recommend it?

Sure, It's quite good, and used to update at a good pace, before the writer went off to japan. He's back now, but needs to get back into his writing mood again.

Illya is best servant

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The video was good I think! Great callbacks to In Flight, lemme tell ya.

Also, congratulations. You reminded me of that odd urge of watching a Kiritsugu AMV with the song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".
    Well, Fate/Zero S2 is coming. I can still hope someone will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.