Page 320 of 345 FirstFirst ... 220270310315318319320321322325330 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 6893

Thread: Magic: the Gathering - T: Add Three Mana Of Any One Colour To Your Mana Pool

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 14th, 2018 at 12:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Another addition to the (dis)honourable list of Commons that had to be banned.

I guess Standard was never really the format you bought into and played because of stability, but the number of bannings we've had recently is just ... it's got to be doing bad things to player confidence. Both in terms of the fact that their cards won't suddenly crash in price and that the format will just be a fun and worthwhile one to play. Yes, the new design system is meant to help, but I don't think just the announcement of that is really going to have had much of an impact.

WotC really need to step it up (and to have already stepped it up given the design-release scheduling) over the next few sets or the massively successful period they've had recently is going to plunge off a cliff.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Something has to change very soon. I haven't played standard since right before the Emrakul ban, but I've seen enough of standard since then to know that there are major problems going on that WOTC apparently didn't see. Hostage Taker getting errata, all these bans...one of my best friends has outright stated that it's matching up too much to how Yu-Gi-Oh! began to spiral down the drain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Newest Magic Story ends on the perfect note.

Spoiler:
    "You will refer to her as Captain," Jace said in a measured tone.

The sphinx growled and looked past Vraska at Jace. "And what does that make you?"

"I am Jace Beleren, the Living Guildpact," he said with confidence.

The sphinx's wings flinched. "The fail-safe?!"

"The pirate."
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Ugin compelling Jace to 'walk away if someone tried to see memories of him would have been workable on its own. It's pretty in-character. That he specifically shoved him to Ixalan is something I actually want to find out about and see how it ties into the larger plot.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    2,000 YEARS AGO

Azor: Imma build a planeswalker prison, send me the bad guys

Ugin: K
    Last edited by aldeayeah; January 24th, 2018 at 12:53 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    i was right

fuck
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Ended up skipping GDS3 due to lack of time and being inelligible to actually win the thing (not like that would ever come up, heh.)

Considering the test they used, I almost certainly wouldn't have passed anyway, due to a handful of questions having multiple equally defensible answers IMO.

so anyway, I've been scratching my itch by posting random shit to the custom magic reddit

don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Could just be black-bordered if you change the first ability to "U, return target creature you control to its owner's hand: Put ~ onto the battlefield from your hand."

Also, Jace/Vraska d-d-d-deito?!?!
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Keeping the blocking/blocked status was non-negotiable, but so fucking wordy in black border land...

I was all DEATH FLAGS EVERYWHERE in that scene.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I will be platinum mad if they turn this into cheap angst.

Interesting though that they're continuing to poke at the idea of Jace taking up Guildpacting more (and saying that Ravnica is so infused with hierarchy that it really does need one, even without Azor trying to make it so). He's their most recognisable and popular 'walker, so there's no way I see them writing him out of the action.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    I had a bit of fun with this one.

Stormlight Archive, kinda

As for Jace, I guess dissolving the Guildpact (again) would be an out? Once the dust settles in Ravnica, I mean.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 1st, 2018 at 12:45 PM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I have design concerns. (After some thought, I believe I need to brush up on my replacement effect rules knowledge, but I still have concerns).

A) If I board wipe you (let's say you cast Decree of Justice for fifty for some reason and I cast Retribution of the Meek to kill all your 4/4 Angels but not him), doesn't he end up madly flickering between forms? Each creature causes the replacement effect to try to go off, and because it's the same permanent, they still act on the other side.

B) There's a reason all "if something would die, do something else" effects all still cause that object to change zones. Let's say you cycled Decree of Justice for fifty instead and made 1/1 Soldier tokens, because you know I have Retribution of the Meek. Now I play a Night of Souls' Betrayal. The spell resolves, SBAs are checked, they would die, replacement effect happens, they don't die. But they still have toughness 0, so whenever SBAs are checked (does this happen again before he transforms?) they try to die again. I'm not quite sure of the timing, but this might straight-up lock the game state. (Similarly, temporary toughness-lowering effects like Toxic Deluge, and even damage effects like Pyroclasm, because they're still 1 toughness creatures with 2 damage marked).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Now you're having fun too! What a great design!
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    If I got this right...

All SBAs happen simultaneously (704.3) and are replaced by a flurry of simultaneous transformations (how does that even wark), then they're checked again. If Kal ended up on the front side, this is a loop that draws the game, otherwise the creatures die, Kaladin's untransform triggers go on the stack (only one of them will transform him because of 701.26f) and players get priority.

Avoiding death without turning the dying object into a different object (by moving it around or whatever) is pretty hard.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Lantern takes the Modern Pro Tour! Will the PT curse strike again?

oh well it was a great run anyway

Also, against all odds, Black-Red Hollow One was one of the best performing decks, featuring such Constructed powerhouses as Flameblade Adept, Burning Inquiry or Goblin Lore. I don't think anyone saw that coming (not that it would see play, but that it would do so well).
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 5th, 2018 at 10:42 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    February 12, 2018 Banned and Restricted Announcement

Modern:

Jace, the Mind Sculptor is unbanned.

Bloodbraid Elf is unbanned.

It begins.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Keeping it simple, except it's not simple at all.

don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I think you need to add "reveal to your opponent" as well there to avoid being able to just place anycard face down as a land and claim it's a sleepy bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget