Page 1 of 58 12361151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour (interactive fiction, possible lemon, Archive thread

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour (interactive fiction, possible lemon, Archive thread

Fate's Mirror: Fortune and Favour

This is an interactive fan fiction. The characters of the Nasuverse (along with fan characters, OCs, genderswaps etcetera) are all trapped in a large facility, complete with all the amenities needed for normal living.

Their time in the facility is divided into two categories, daily life and deadly life. In the former characters carry on in a slice-of-life manner, socializing and the like. In the latter characters fight for their lives (unlike situations like dangan ronpa however it is not against each other). The survival and relationships of the characters depend on you, the voters.

However, in addition to the usual voting process, each voter chooses characters to support. In helping Shirou succeed, the chosen characters get points, with enough points you can improve their relationship with other characters, and encourage romance and the like.

The relationships assist survival in deadly life as bonuses to the character's abilities and in recovery in the case they fail. Should they fail too many times they will be confronted by Satsujinki and given one final chance to escape death, should they fail this then they die permanently.

The objective is for the characters to survive until they can escape the facility.

The mechanics.

Alongside their first vote, each player submits a list of six female characters that they wish to support. Note that, once submitted, this can not be changed, so choose carefully.

Choosing the correct option in a vote gets you a point for each character you support. For every ten points a given character obtains, that character's supporters get to choose an event, action or special scene (lemon, comedic, action etcetera) involving them.

Additionally to this, a character's points are also used to develop relationships between them and other characters (both male and female). These relationships give them a bonus to their survival rolls in the deadly life chapters. There are seven relationship levels for each pairing, and for every ten points assigned to the pairing by a character's supporters, the relationship level advances by one (for female/female pairings, the relationship level can be increased by either character's supporters and is shared between the characters, but the ten points needed to increase the level must all come from the supporters of one character).

The relationship levels are as follows:

1. Acquaintance.
    2. Friend.
    3. Buddy.
    4. Best Friend.
    5. More than friends.
    6. Interested.
    7. Romantically Involved.

On reaching the final level, a vote will be held amongst the character's supporters to see if they should pursue a romantic relationship with the character in question (subject to sexuality, compabitility with any existing relationships they may have and, in the case of a female partner, acceptance by the partner's supporters). If the supporters vote against, then no relationship is formed, but the relationship level and associated bonus is still increased.

The story is split into acts. In each act, there are a minimum of three chapters for daily life, and anything from one to six for deadly life. For the deadly life sections, six female characters are chosen from the 30 available using a table and a six-sided dice, and they, together with the male characters, have to fight for their survival.

To survive, the character has to score a roll of 15 or higher (after relationship bonuses) on a 20-sided dice. Male characters have to survive one such roll per act, whilst the chosen female characters must survive three. Each character has ten hit points, and every roll they fail causes them to take damage.

Finally, every character has a synergy with certain others, based on their personal preferences and those of the other character. If these characters are together in deadly life then they get an additional bonus (depending on their relationship level), helping them to survive peril.

The cast

Guys

Shirou
    Archer
    Shinji
    Gilgamesh
    Satoshi
    Lancer

Girls

Arcuied
    Ciel
    Akiha
    Hisui
    Kohaku
    Satsuki
    Sion
    Dust of Osiris
    Mecha Hisui
    Saber
    Rin
    Sakura
    Rider (Medusa)
    Caster (Medea)
    Ayako
    Bazzet
    Caren
    Sella
    Leysritt
    Rin (Extra)
    Saber (Nero)
    Rider (Drake)
    Caster (Tamano)
    Archerko (Swords dancers Ilya)
    Emilya (heavens failure Shirou)
    Fem Gilgamesh
    Fem Archer
    Fem Lancer
    Fem Shirou
    Fem Kirei

Chapter One

"Well, what are you waiting for kid? Use that healing power to wake him up", a familiar voice says, stirring me from sleep.

"Avalon isn't an alarm clock old man. Nothing is wrong with Shirou, we just have to wait", a voice replies, clearly irritated. Even without seeing the two I figure the "old man" must have said it to intentionally piss off the younger man.

Pushing past the odd desire I have to sleep, I force my eyes open and look around, noting that I appear to be in a classroom.

Archer is there, staring at me with irritated relief. He is talking to another man, a blonde, green-eyed man dressed in a pair of black jeans, white sneakers and a black tee shirt sporting a logo consisting of a silver S inside some kind of shield. I feel I've seen the logo before, but I can't place it with my head feeling so heavy.

Archer pulls me up. Normally I would fight him, or at least make a remark or such, but I'm still woozy.

The two take me to a room, where a bunch of people are gathered with Rin and another black haired girl in front of a white board. Looks like a meeting, I guess.

Who should we view the meeting with?

1) Shirou

2) Archer

3) Satoshi

(Voting occurs over at Dark side of the moon)
    http://forums.darksidemoon.net

come join us, Darksidemoon is a new forum for discussion of all things tm

it is my firm belief that regarding the ban of mike1984 I have been given insufficient reason for the affair and it's conclusion, further than this I feel that the light manner it has been treated in is appalling. It is my sincere hope that he is not regarded in the same way as actually malicious posters who have appeared on beast's lair or otherwise as a joke to be snickered at when spoken of in the future. I will not forget my friend or view him in the manner those in charge here have presented him and his actions, nor will I accept the situation as it stands where people snicker at him as if he were a joke.

Blog Entries
    (Voting occurs over at Dark side of the moon)

Then why the hell you post it here?

If there are reasonable people at DSM, they should vote for Satoshi to be ostracized NEET with not relationship who hopefully kicks the bucket ASAP. As he is the cancer.
    Last edited by Kat; April 24th, 2014 at 08:14 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Then why the hell you post it here?

If there are reasonable people at DSM, they should vote for Satoshi to be ostracized NEET with not relationship who hopefully kicks the bucket ASAP. As he is the cancer.
    Exactly. There's no reason to post it here, and we're all going to vote for Satoshi to kick the bucket you know.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    Fem Gilgamesh
    Fem Archer
    Fem Lancer
    Fem Shirou
    Fem Kirei
    why
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    When Satoshi's life in danger, lantz will ragequit and ask Mike to lock his DSM thread. Dunno about this.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Going to correct you here, lantz: it's Tamamo.
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    why
    To be in Satoshi's harem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Going to correct you here, lantz: it's Tamamo.

And that's not gravest of his sins.

Apparently BL Jesus Umbra of Chaos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Should I expect a solid story behind this premise or just leave now?

The meme is dead, long live the meme.

[3:24:35 PM] Italian Leo: i was never a faggot
    [3:24:42 PM] Italian Leo: but rather a shining ray of hope

Blog Entries
    scrubbed
    Last edited by Tobias; April 24th, 2014 at 09:44 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra of Chaos View Post
    Should I expect a solid story behind this premise or just leave now?
    its too late, youre stuck with us now
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Just leave your flowers by the headstone and move on.

Blog Entries

Condolences for relatives of all TM characters lantz defiled with his headcanon.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    scrubbed
    Last edited by Frostyvale; April 29th, 2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Learn to spell scrubbed Toby.

祖 Ancestor
    It's an interesting base concept but need a great amount of retooling.

The number of Shirou's or derivatives makes many of the characters redundant.

Can we just have the voting here? Why would you put it here if its supposed to be interactive. That kills half the reason people would read.

Also is it only your OCs? Why not have some people submit some OCs to you know actually have it be a little fair on the readers. Otherwise its just your extended canon of questionable quality (so i've heard) and that would ruin some of the joy derived from there being OCs as part of the fun is making your own little pieceof work that you can fit into the universe (or if you need them to push a story's plot).

The genderflips are also pretty boring addition to be honest as interactions between genderflipped and original selves works better as a one off gag in my opinion.

Also why aren't you including Shiki Tohno if you even bother to include the Tsukihime girls. Go big or go home man and you're not delivering the full package here with this premise.

Also this seems to be like a harem or dating sim type thing since you have male protags trying to improve their relationships with multiple females at once. Could we drop that element, please? I'd like the ability to influence theme equally regardless of gender. Though you'd probably need to add more males for that to work.

Also what's Satoshi like? Give me the cliff notes on his characters and why people like or hate him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Also what's Satoshi like? Give me the cliff notes on his characters and why people like or hate him.
    "Satoshi Alexander Emiya-Einsbern-Pendragon" is lantz's OC and the son of Shirou and Seibah. Overpowered and with a wish fulfillment harem made up of any and all Type-Moon females, including "aunts".
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Apparently BL Jesus Umbra of Chaos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post

Farewell.

The meme is dead, long live the meme.

[3:24:35 PM] Italian Leo: i was never a faggot
    [3:24:42 PM] Italian Leo: but rather a shining ray of hope

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    scrubbed
    Last edited by Tobias; April 24th, 2014 at 09:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    scrubbed
    Last edited by Tobias; April 24th, 2014 at 09:43 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    *snip*
    If lantz posts again in this thread, it will be to deny this character sheet as applying.

Which begs the question of who he thinks that this particular incarnation of Satoshi is.