Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Moon Wars 2 - Story Development

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Well, the thing is...

I want to avoid as much as possible to have Shirou tied to any heroine at first. However, due to HA being untranslated fully, that's not a focus we can pick. Thus, I went through the pairings, and well, HF already had its time, and Saber x Shirou is used a lot, specially taking in account the main heroine gig.

Me being a Rin Fan nothwithstanding, I do think that going by that pairing is as fair as we can get. It is after all, pretty under-used, and has the less risk of causing a shipping war.
    I share your point (see above) but the thing is, Saber is easy to resurrect. Illya isn't.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Just to clarify, I am considered one of the story developers, yes?

And I'm not really getting how a "multiversal plotline" can be difficult to pull off. The notion behind "multiversal plotline" is merely to use the Second Magic/dimension hopping/some time travel to alternate realities get in characters that aren't from the other storylines so that way they can have extra roles - it's not as if we'd be creating a new set of charcaters for each 'verse. It's a common story-telling element in many SRW games, and I can easily think of several ways to implement it in a BMW2 plot.

And how about for some middle ground (shipping wise, that is) involving relationship chains for the "protagonist" a la Persona? How come no one is considering this?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    I maintain that we should have the Sakura rescue as one of the early 'arcs' and have Zouken as a boss in it.
    I agree.

Also, Mike, we are going to have Sakura, yes, and we even have an advisor about her. I don't think you need to worry about her being under-represented xP.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    @ IRUn: Yes, you are. And the thing that was brought up about the mulitverse plotline is that it may be a bit ambitions to try and pull for a first shot, IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Or we could do a F/HA style thingy where rin royally messes up and merges timeslines (Fate, etc...)
    saves you the trouble of making shirous, and giving shirou UBW, NLBW or something.
    just a random thought.

Calling all ARTISTS AND SPRITE ARTISTS + XML EDITORS:

Best quote ever
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> i am a hard M
    [22:49] <KnightTurtle> there is no shame

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I want to avoid as much as possible to have Shirou tied to any heroine at first.
    Honestly, I don't think it matters, as long as they're involved. After all, BMW involved Saber and Rin perfectly well despite not being in a relationship with Shirou.

However, due to HA being untranslated fully, that's not a focus we can pick.
    Well, yeah, exactly.

Thus, I went through the pairings, and well, HF already had its time, and Saber x Shirou is used a lot, specially taking in account the main heroine gig.
    Yeah, I do think that it would be much more original to follow UBW rather than Fate. But, Fate is probably the easiest route to get a full complement of characters from.

Me being a Rin Fan nothwithstanding, I do think that going by that pairing is as fair as we can get.
    Well, it would have the advantage of making it easier to include Saber (since she is still around in UBW Good), but it also makes it much harder to include Ilya, and doesn't make much difference to any of the other major characters.

It is after all, pretty under-used, and has the less risk of causing a shipping war.
    I don't think it's any more "under-used" than Shirou x Sakura, although I will admit that that one has already been covered by BMW. And, I don't at all see how it would avoid shipping wars any more than any other pairing would....

Not that it's necessarily a bad idea, mind, but I don't think that your arguments (other than that Shirou x Saber and the post-Fate timeline is hugely over-used) really hold up.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    What we talked about as difficult to pull off was having three Shirous running around. Other than that as long as we don't have any duplicate characters it should be easy to have something like 'Misaki due to the demon was separated from its home dimension 6 months later' or something like that. Or we could just have Shiki and co sucked into one of those dimensional portals.

Blog Entries
    We can also use Dark Sakura as a temporary Gil moment, here is an idea me and Racing were thinking of:

oh speaking of gil
    02:00 Milbunk we need to have him join our heroes
    02:00 Milbunk even if it is only temporary
    02:00 RacingeR Yeah
    02:00 RacingeR Maybe when the fights against the most challenging ones come round
    02:00 RacingeR Like DAAs or god knows what
    02:01 Milbunk maybe to take on a corrupted emiya or something
    02:01 Milbunk or that
    02:01 RacingeR Hmm
    02:01 Milbunk we could use corrupted emiya as an excuse to give him an early fight
    02:01 RacingeR I would like to keep the Darknesses as a minimum
    02:01 Milbunk then he's the enemy till the near end
    02:01 Milbunk well by corrupted emiya i mean emiya alter
    02:02 RacingeR Oh right, Caster and Kuzuki should be a boss fight, and after that join the heroes
    02:02 RacingeR hmm..
    02:02 Milbunk along with sasaki
    02:02 RacingeR Maybe when Dark Sakura gets loose?
    02:02 Milbunk and takes emiya
    02:02 Milbunk due to him looking like shirou
    02:02 Milbunk and gil decides to help some mongrels out
    02:03 RacingeR Hmm, sounds good
    02:04 Milbunk and after the fight gil leaves, with maybe a thank you from shirou or emiya

Blog Entries
    Well, not including her as a playable character (or, at very least, as a significant plot character) would certainly be doing that.
    Dude, you're acting like the decision has been made to cut her out. We're working it out, take it easy.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also, Mike, we are going to have Sakura, yes, and we even have an advisor about her. I don't think you need to worry about her being under-represented xP.
    Wait, you have a Sakura advisor that isn't me?

Who is it, then...?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    We can also use Dark Sakura as a temporary Gil moment, here is an idea me and Racing were thinking of
    I'm not sure where Dark Sakura would come from, though, if this is post-Fate....

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Dude, you're acting like the decision has been made to cut her out. We're working it out, take it easy.
    Yeah, sorry. It's just that your initial statement implied that you were at least seriously considering doing so.

I deleted that bit after I read the later posts, but apparently you read it before I did....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Wait, you have a Sakura advisor that isn't me?

Who is it, then...?
    Theo, as it happens.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ah, OK.

haigaiz, is this game anywhere near getting off the ground yet, or are you pansies still lollygagging?

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    It's being organized.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Actually, what Leo said.

We still need artists and programmers, BUT we're working on that in other threads.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Programmers we need less, as it happens, because it's all XML and XML is, well, XML and not a big deal. But we really ​need artists.

So, you guys killed off Haruno and Takumi and their entire bullshit organization yet?

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    The current plan is to not include them, yes.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    They're not dead, just not in the game.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    So, according the IRC we've got some basic outlines going, then?