Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Moon Wars 2 - Story Development

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries

Battle Moon Wars 2 - Story Development

With regards to this thread, all discussion/writing/bouncing off scenarios and ideas shall be handled in this thread.

To start the discussion off, a concept for a working idea was this:

In the same vein as the latest SRW titles, BMW 2's storyline should involve parallel universes and the denziens of said 'verses. Some crazy shit be going down in the Time-Stream/beyond the Root, and the heroes post-BMW 1 get dragged into it to save all of reality. But something...is afoot.

Regarding the game, it was suggested that there be two (at least) storylines that intermingle with one another. A "Real" route which has a protagonist in the form of Tohno/Nanaya Shiki, and a "Super" route that has Emiya Shirou as a protagonist.

Regarding "Super-route Shirou:"
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I believe that since this was mentioned on the old board, it needs to once again be said here.

Since BMW 1 had a large focus on HF Shirou, BMW 2 will give Fate Shirou the same treatment - due to the character development potential there. Another reason is that we DON'T need to rehash Heaven's Feel for the umpteenth time which is what happened in the first game. BMW 2 is essentially Fate Shirou's chance to really be a hero of justice. The potential for character development on his end is far greater than that of the other possible Shirous.

Also, this Illya would be the Fate-variant and is actually saveable this time because the plot would dictate it/Fate Shirou would be damned if he let anything happen to her/more playable units are good. It will receive an appropirate sub-plot amidst all the universal merging/decay/overlapping/warping/whatnot. Plus, the possibility of a Shirou/Berserker tagteam resulting from this is pretty cool.

Ideally, I would also like to somehow get the other Shirou's in on this as well (UBW and HF) just to maintain a sense of balance amongst the fanbase. Making that work will require a few creative strings being pulled, but I imagine that it can be pulled off well enough.

If push comes to shove, then we can always shoot for a neutral-party candidate such as a psuedo-Hollow Ataraxia Shirou who has equal points with all heroines, and it's up to the player's discretion to pick and choose their relationship chains a la SMT.

Same applies for "romantic options" for Tohno Shiki as well.

Ergast also helpfully provided some basic form of plot back in the day as well. We can use it as a springboard for future ideas, because what we need to keep in mind is that BMW2's plot should involve dimension-hopping and borderline abuse of the Second Magic which begins to affect even the personas of the various characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Let's see if I remember my idea for BMW 2.

It begins a few months after BMW 1. Shiki, Akiha, Kohaku and Hisui go to Fuyuki to pay a visit to Shirou and company. While Akiha and Kohaku visit Rin, Shiki and Hisui go to Shirou's household. The little problem they face is that they had, unknownly, crossed a disruption in the space-time continuum and ended in the Fate timeline. Shirou is obviously surprised with this two strangers than claim to know him, but curious about the fact, he lets them enter (of course, they are confused about why shirou didn't recognize them). Soon after the explanations begin, some monsters attack the house, and just before they get overwhelmed (and Shiki begins to suspect that maybe this isn't the same Shirou they know, as he fights in a different style as the Shirou he knows) either Takumi's sister or mike the cat appear and help them save the day. Inmediatly after this, Akiha, Kohaku and the other character show in the house, and they begin to understand what's happening.

A few chapters later, UBW!Shirou and UBW!Rin appear and they have a few answers about what is really happening.

Meanwhile, in the HF part of the story, Shirou, Sakura and Rider went to Misaki after Shirou having a check up from Touko. They find that Saber and Sacchin are alone in the Tohno mansion, and Ciel and Arcueid appear, as they want to check if Shiki have returned. After chating a bit, Gil swordspams them, aiming mainly at Arcueid and pincushioning her in the wall, while Saber thanks to her instincts parries the blunt of the attack aiming at the others, and Shirou manages to block the rest with projection. After a fight, with Arc unable to do anything, Gil get serious, and just before he defeats them, Ryougi and Touko show themselves, with Azaka. It seems that Araya isn't as dead as they thought, and they followed him to Misaki. Gil runaways, and our heroes settle it to Fuyuki, to discover what happened to Shiki, Akiha and the maids. And they joins with our multiuniverse gang.

Archer, btw, is the same as BMW, and get caught in the distortion, so he had been attacking the group to try to dispell whatever was happening (his reasoning was this: We have too much Shirous running in the city, and I don't recognize any of them, and I know that Shirou is, with Sakura, out of the city. So maybe if I kill them maybe I can get free of whatever I'm imprisoned. And if I can kill a Shirou or two, better), and return to his Rin, and UBW!Shirou angers him more than normal. He joins later, when HF!Shirou smacks him in the head and Fate!Shirou duels him.

Fate!Rin and Sakura are in London for something about Sakura, not that Fate!Shirou knows the specifics (the other Shirous know, and a few of the other characters). and UBW!Sakura was saved a few months ago, just to not have the "Let's save Sakura" once again so we can explore other things.

Saber would end with Fate!Shirou (or maybe Kohaku & Saber, who knows) And Kotomine would troll the hell of everybody while being an ally, and then hijack the devil's power to turn himself into the true final boss, stronger than any type (we are in a Super robot like set up, of course our characters can deal with that xD) Optimus Prime would appear this time for real.

Thoughts?

And of course, the new characters that have yet to appear/be playable in a Battle Moon Wars title:
    Who we really care about, the new/new as playable characters:

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRandomUsername

(Allies, Enemies, and Mid-Bosses, oh my!)

Emiya Shirou (Fate-route)(Saber tag-team)
    Emiya Shirou (Unlmited Blade Works-route)(Rin tag-team)
    Inui Arihiko (support)
    Mitsuzuri Ayako (support)
    Ryuudou Issei (support)
    Illyasviel Von Einzbern (playable)(Shirou tag-team)
    Prism Illya
    Cornelius Alba
    Rani VIII
    Lu Bu!Berserker
    Aozaki Aoko (playable)
    Lio Shirazumi
    Matou Shinji (F/SN)
    Matou Shinji (Fate/EXTRA)
    Rider (Fate/EXTRA)
    Nero!Saber
    Tamamo-no-mae!Caster
    Riesbyfe Strideberg
    Fujimura Taiga (somewhat of a joke character/for a combo attack with Illya)
    Neko-Arc
    Neko-Arc Chaos
    Damien Armies
    G-Akiha
    Vlad III!Lancer
    Diarmund
    Lancelot
    Iskander
    Emiya Kiritsugu
    Irisviel Von Einzbern
    Gilles De Rais
    Nursery Rhyme
    Robin Hood
    Dust of Osiris
    Vampire!Sion
    Gun God
    Arima Miyako
    Luviagelita Edelfelt
    Stheno
    Euryale
    Tohsaka Tokiomi
    Matou Kariya
    Waver Velvet
    Uryuu Ryuunosuke
    Kayneth El' Melloi
    Lil' Gilgamesh
    Kotomine Kirei

And of course, more crossover team attacks.

And there will be Kotomine trolling. And Kohaku-ness. And hero of justice business to be done. And Kojiro Sasaki. And Fate/Zero, possibly, EXTRA, and....
    ...but that's getting ahead of ourselves.

Discussinate, would be game developers!

We also have an IRC Channel now:

irc.highway.net
    #BMW2
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man, this is going to be hard:
    We should focus the cast. Really. The cast is huge already, and more characters aren't really ideal with the skill system that is used in BMW, not to mention the work of the coders (not really a huge problem) sprite artists (but this is). A massive dimension-hopping story might be cool, but I'd advise you not to milk it to introduce as much characters as possible, because of the mentioned problems.
    Also, Fate Shirou wouldn't really be my MC of choice. BMW gave the neglected heroine (Sakura) much more screentime and made her the focus of the story, so the next logical point would be imo to move on to Rin and not just go for the most popular heroine, but that is just personal preference.
    And finally: ask the dude who made the Satsujinki mod. I WANT TO PLAY THAT! Even if it is just some kind of Saber Lily bonus thing.

Hmmm.......

With regards to the story plot...
    I was wondering if kotomine towards the final climax joins up as an 'ally' to take out the 'evil force behidn the distortion', then snatches the power and goes 'Shu Shirakawa'?

Just a random thought based off SRW OGG

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with the idea posted in the other thread that Gil should join the team at a few spots in the story, and I add that he should be a full character for NG+ playthroughs, available from the start a la Saber Lily and such. Perhaps he would have requirements for unlocking him.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Posting here to show my interest in this project as a story developer and a programmer.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    We should focus the cast. Really. The cast is huge already, and more characters aren't really ideal with the skill system that is used in BMW, not to mention the work of the coders (not really a huge problem) sprite artists (but this is). A massive dimension-hopping story might be cool, but I'd advise you not to milk it to introduce as much characters as possible, because of the mentioned problems.
    This is something to keep very much in mind. We don't have that much in the way of sprite artists. At this point, the goal is to begin with a tighter, more focused plot, and then expand it later.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Willing to volunteer as a story developer as well.
    and what other positions are available?

Blog Entries
    ATM, we need story less than we need people who can do XML and sprites.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Yeah. Head story writer is something pretty much everyone in here could do (no offense). A contest would be the best to determine a story idea imo.

Blog Entries
    General announcement: We are no longer taking story developers. Sorry anyone who wants to help, but ATM we have enough people doing story. If you've been working on it already, or if we've talked to you, you're good.

Btw, just a note, I'm willing to help out with anything photoshop related, etc.

Blog Entries
    I think the most needed people right now are sprite artists. And possibly Japanese speakers who manage to get in contact with Werk so this project does not recieve a C&D.

Blog Entries
    You'd be correct: most critical need is spriters. Not sure who we have here that can do that though.

Blog Entries
    (I probably said that 9000 times already but) Have you already contacted the dude who made this?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Well, as long as you retain the main characters (Sakura, Rin, Shirou, Saber etc.) and, preferably, include significant characters who were not playable last time (such as Ilya), I would probably agree with this. You don't need everyone to be there.

Also, Fate Shirou wouldn't really be my MC of choice. BMW gave the neglected heroine (Sakura) much more screentime and made her the focus of the story, so the next logical point would be imo to move on to Rin and not just go for the most popular heroine, but that is just personal preference.
    That logic does make a certain amount of sense but, then again, Rin gets a lot of involvement regardless of the route followed, and is certainly heavily involved in BMW 1.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Mike here. Rin is pretty important in every route, and earlier we discussed the relative merits of Fate Shirou versus BMW Shirou, citing more opportunities for character development and powering up.

Also, do I count as one of the Story Developers? After all, I was working on it (kinda) earlier and you did talk to me back when we were deciding to restart the project.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    I agree with Mike here. Rin is pretty important in every route, and earlier we discussed the relative merits of Fate Shirou versus BMW Shirou, citing more opportunities for character development and powering up.

Also, do I count as one of the Story Developers? After all, I was working on it (kinda) earlier and you did talk to me back when we were deciding to restart the project.
    Yeah, you're onboard.

Blog Entries
    For the story I was thinking we do not do a direct sequel but instead start off kinda fresh from a different route and have a few of the characters from BMW coming in. (Such as HF Shirou.)

Blog Entries
    Do they three Shirous really have to be seperate characters? Why the multiverse crossover? Thats quite ambitious for a project that does not have a single spriter.
    And also, do not forget to hire someone for the Real route too. Because I do not see the slightest bit of discussion about that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    For the story I was thinking we do not do a direct sequel but instead start off kinda fresh from a different route and have a few of the characters from BMW coming in. (Such as HF Shirou.)
    Agreed on that.