Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Animu 2023: What Time Is It? Anime Time!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Jujutsu Kaisen: Now we're talking. Bless this show's energy and youthful exuberance. Gojo's such a little shit, I love him. It's really funny seeing all of the S E I S H U N energy in the OP and ED knowing how it all goes down. The Eternity Devil making a cameo also gave me a chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Bleach: AHAHAHAH what a goofy OP.
    Fine episode, the Ichigo additons are the clear highlight here. Rly looking forward to proper new content with this.
    Rest was straight from the manga, not the most exciting batch of chapters to adapt.
    burn your dread you coward

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    WOOOOOO! New anime binge night part 1!

Love Live Sunshine spin off: This feels like striking the iron when it's ice cold. Since the origin for this spinoff they've made two other LL shows, with their own unique casts, and given them both second seasons. Just not feeling it, especially when the actually interesting MCs are nowhere to be found.

Level 1 Demon Lord: Wow this show is horny. Like five lingering ass shots in the establishing scene. The rest of the show was decent enough. Tenative continue.

Horimiya Gaiden: More lovable idiots.

Am I The Strongest: The story of NEET Oedipus. Wow this is generic.

Tiny Senpai: Wow. I was too judgmental about Lvl 1 Demon Lord's horniness.

Ayaka: Decent wordbuiling but flat characters. I'll give it a few to see if they expand on it.

Masamune R: It's still fun, but having 3 seasons of Kaguya come out between these parts really hurts it. We just saw a more perfected version of it, so it's hard to go back

Sweet Reincarnation: Like sweets, there's nothing of substance here, it's just empty calories.

Dreaming Boy is a Realist: Anime man take 'no' for an answer, destroys tsundere. I kind of dig it, even if the MC's design is super bland.

Girl Forgot her Glasses: Great if you like Velma Dinkley, but not for me.

Agate: Random Chinese anime. Actually pretty fun if you can get over the language switch. Only like 6 minutes long too.

My Happy Marrige: This looks like it's going to be good. Real Japanese Cinderella going on.

Vending Machine: Was pretty bog standard, doubt I'll keep with it.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Still not sure about Temple, but I am liking Hero Classroom.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Chinese anime
    Please no. China makes donghua, not anime.

Absolute Mistake, and Patriarch of the AAA Clan, a Beast's Lair Subsidiary Anime Aurelius Anomaly's Avatar
    Forbidden Land where there is only Insanity.
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeOfEden View Post
    Please no. China makes donghua, not anime.
    At worst, people might think they're Chinese cartoons. Flashbacks to old internet days.
    In the hidden plains of the Internet, there are only the lurkers.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime Aurelius Anomaly View Post
    At worst, people might think they're Chinese cartoons. Flashbacks to old internet days.
    Never understood how people thought that. Chinese sounds VERY different when compared to Japanese

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Mostly racist assumptions that all of east asia=china. People who have never heard chinese or japanese and all they know is "weird asian language with weird symbols".
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yep, still annoyed when playing Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, and all the Chinese sword-wielding undead use katanas, rather than dao or jian (really, only 1 character should be using a katana)... Of course, the Hunters from Europe also use katanas, so it might just be rule of cool and the sheer laziness of not wanting to make multiple sword models (despite the broadsword model actually being in the game files, but the Arabic-sounding sword is still a katana, rather than a scimitar or shamshir, but I digress). Of course, as I mentioned before, I can no longer complain about Chicoms using swords (an aspect of the Four Olds) in Fallout when Code Geass's China is also a mix of the worst aspects of the 2 systems (commie economic system de facto run by eunuchs).
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 10th, 2023 at 02:38 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Liar Liar is disappointing. From the preview I was expecting some sort of Kaiji or Kakegurai thing about bluffing and basic games. Instead it's a generic A-1 battle harem set-up, only less action and more nonsense.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Helck sounds like Disgaea, but the human hero is actually competent, unlike Gordon. Point is, does Helck actually hate his own species (in Dracula's words from Castlevania when talking about his Devil Forgemasters) or at least doesn't give a shit about them, like Princess Renner from Overlord, or is it going to be some "I can do good to humanity from the other side" bullshit, like I'm Quitting Heroing was?
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; July 11th, 2023 at 04:06 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow the last bit of the list I had was full of bangers. Zom 100 is gorgeous. Gene of AI seems like it's going to be all about the heady sci-fi that GitS liked to do. Masterful Cat is Way of the Househusband but animated. Even Classroom of Heroes was fun enough for me to not give up on it, unlike Seven Swords or whatever it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Helck sounds like Disgaea, but the human hero is actually competent, unlike Gordon. Point is, does Helck actually hate his own species (in Dracula's words from Castlevania when talking about his Devil Forgemasters) or at least doesn't give a shit about them, like Princess Renner from Overlord, or is it going to be some "I can do good to humanity from the other side" bullshit, like I'm Quitting Heroing was?
    The answer is "None of the above." Helck truly wants to kill all humans, but not because of hate or apathy. That said, he is a fundamentally good person so you'll probably hate him.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hey, man. You can play a good karma character in Fallout, but in some ways, by stopping the Enclave's plans, you've doomed "prime normal" humans.

'You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory' ResidentSeagull's Avatar
    A comprehensive guide to living in the Balkans: Step 1) Leave
    LVL, I'm gonna be honest with you. I just finished the manga like 2 days ago.

It gets pretty dark at times, but it is a very optimistic series and the characters all get happy endings etc. I can absolutely guarantee you are not going to like it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In the pre-Disney version of Snow White, the evil queen was tortured to the death.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but you sympathize with the Queen.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am not a woman. I wouldn't even know how to, though I admit that it really depends on the version, but for now, just assume the original one with all the original motivations, so again, I wouldn't even know how to sympathize with female vanity. Now, if you're talking about fairy tale villains, in terms of the Boy Who Cried Wolf... Wait, who is the hero and villain of that story?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    you sympathize with the Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    I am not a woman. I wouldn't even know how to
    Is there somewhere we can immortalise this exchange

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And before you bring up Eliza, no, Eliza's goal was to prolong her own youth, while killing Snow would not have done the same for the queen. Again, in the original version, I think that there is a version where the queen was trying to steal Snow's youth, but derivatives don't count for this purpose. It's like Shide in Summertime Render thinking that he's Sephiroth, but their goals are completely different, with Shide wanting to shut off existence, while Sephiroth wants there to be a universe to spread the Jenova cells across.