Page 399 of 469 FirstFirst ... 299349389394397398399400401404409449 ... LastLast
Results 7,961 to 7,980 of 9375

Thread: SMT/Persona: General Discussion (P4 Arena, P4 Golden, P5, SMT: IV, Etc.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Etrian Odyssey was already good, making it Persona wasn't going to make it less good
    I gave eo4 a shot, and i wasn't terribly drawn into it, so I stopped.

which is kind of ironic coming from a monhun player
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    wait, persona q was actually good????

I avoided it because I was told it was just a dungeon crawler that used smt/persona names
    I thought the same, but figured what the hell, I can play it on the treadmill so bought it on a whim.

probably played the silly thing like 4-5 times in a row. Not only was it good, it was really good. Like, better then P3 but not as good as P4 good, and btw I am seriously not using that to knock P3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Beat Persona 5. Those ending emotions come at ya hard

That was a fantastic 98 hours spent and by far the best Persona game so far

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Beat the second dungeon. I don't know why but that door that opens up to the laser courtyard is mesmerizing to me.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

P5's writing still have something to be desired for me but yeah the emotion it invoked are strong

I wish we didn't get to see all those villain cutscenes discussing their plans and being spoiled about the traitor right at the beginning. Would have made it a lot better

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://gematsu.com/2017/04/atlus-reg...sona-dance-pq2

Hmm...got a feeling so complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    http://gematsu.com/2017/04/atlus-reg...sona-dance-pq2

Hmm...got a feeling so complicated.
    Mixed feelings. On the one hand, Persona is turning into a cash cow, on the other hand, more Persona stuff.

Ehh, more Persona stuff.

So, ranking the persona games, how does P5 compare to the others for those that have finished it?

Blog Entries
    I made it all the way to the end of the first month before I stopped playing which puts it ahead of Persona 3 and 4, but behind Golden.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyronyx View Post
    So, ranking the persona games, how does P5 compare to the others for those that have finished it?
    P2 > P5 > P4G > P1 > P3.

I didn't play the original P4, P3 killed my interest so much that I didn't return until P4G.

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm...

p4g > p5 > p4 > pq > p3 > persona 4 based spin offs such as arena > p2.

played p2 for about thirty hours or so but ultimately never finished it, and if I ever attempted to play P1 I don't remember.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyronyx View Post
    Only things I'd say are worse than previous games are the boss designs, villains pretty much all being two-dimensional hate sinks, and some stuff being a little too easy, especially once you've unlocked stuff from the social links.

Everything else is either just as good, or an improvement. Overall, it's the best game I've played in a long while. Can't wait for the 500 inevitable spin-offs

Banned
    Skull have you attempted to play P2 at any point in the last 10 years

Guhh, seeing all this praise for P5 makes me want to get a PS3 or PS4. Then I see my wallet and all the stacked bills and I realize that I need to live.

Anything on Philemon and Nyarlathotep in P5 though? Or are they still in another dimension?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Skull have you attempted to play P2 at any point in the last 10 years
    I was playing it just the other day.

I'd say Golden > P5 > P4 > P Quest > P3

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Not judging P5 till I finish it. Concerning the others...

P4G, PQ, P3 (I like the story more than P4 but gameplay of 4 and Golden was much more improved), Arena.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    Huh, and here I thought putting PQ in between 4 and 3 would be a minority opinion. Or at least not so majority.

'twas a great game, and surprisingly not at all a quick cash grab

Yeah, PQ surprised me too. Two surprisingly different paths touching on the themes of both games, fun humor and an intuitive battle system. NG+ working well. Even the OGs are thought provoking. As much as I like the Journey and the Answer, PQ delivered the point faster and with more clarity.

Quick question, which route was your favorite?
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Blog Entries
    Hmm...it's hard to say because in a very real sense I enjoyed the characters more from the perspective one I wasn't playing as.

like, take minato for example. You can play him as a hot blooded skirt chasing shounen hero, but if you are playing as yu, he is this placid, unphasable guy who really isn't a hero, he is just going with the flow and strong enough to get away with it. You can play yu as a devil may care pun making strong man who relies mostly on naoto to do his thinking for him, but as minato he is a reliable and forward thinking leader.

i don't know if it makes sense, but what really made the routes enjoyable was seeing the difference in what "my" characters were as opposed to the devs idea of him was.

also, "it's time to release the power of my right eye!"

ahahaha. Classic

I can see what you mean. Personally I preferred P3 since SEES for the most part are professional. I got a real "working by the seat of my pants" vibe from the P4 route. Plus as you said, trolling Yu at the end was hilarious.

On a side note, I loved how in the beginning Ken confirms that time doesn't stop and both MC's just look like idiots just standing around staring off into space whenever you're in the velvet room. Plus it turns out that the party knows about the room considering the games themselves imply the party has no clue.