Page 414 of 469 FirstFirst ... 314364404409412413414415416419424464 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 9374

Thread: SMT/Persona: General Discussion (P4 Arena, P4 Golden, P5, SMT: IV, Etc.)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    no

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    Yet another gacha hell for me to fall into...

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Blog Entries
    Persona gacha. Between that and DaN it's seems Altus has done the unthinkable, consistently found ways to pimp persona that won't get my money.

cause serious after arena and ultimate for a while it legitimately seemed like I should just mark my bank account "property of atlus" and be done with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    not liking Dancing All Night :thinking:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    DAN literally made me like Yosuke. Kid's got moves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I have hundreds of persona Q hours logged, no judging anyone else for swallowing their shame and tussling "one more time" with the old, well worn hooker.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    if only Q was fun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Persona gacha. Between that and DaN it's seems Altus has done the unthinkable, consistently found ways to pimp persona that won't get my money.

cause serious after arena and ultimate for a while it legitimately seemed like I should just mark my bank account "property of atlus" and be done with it
    Did you even play mainline megaten in the first place, I thought you were Persona-only

Blog Entries
    I think I tried it at one point and then stopped cause I didn't know what was happening.

except for one game that was like a game in two parts and I don't remember much but at the end you end up weirdly soul merged with the heroine and some kind of clone of the bad guy made from her memories, or something, I finished that one.

Blog Entries
    So then they weren't ever getting your money with this even without a gacha so no problem!

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Digital Devil Saga is great, though

It has people turning into monsters and eating each other and weird computer programs and intersex villains and god is a giant brain in the middle of the Sun, it's wild
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Digital Devil Saga is great, though

It has people turning into monsters and eating each other and weird computer programs and intersex villains and god is a giant brain in the middle of the Sun, it's wild
    Especially the Bonus Boss in the first game which has the DemiFiend kick your teeth in.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I've been binge playing persona 5 while i've been in between jobs and the 6th palace kicked my ass
    Spoiler:

The palace itself wasn't too difficult, with the thanks of using the only Soma I had, I charged through it in 2 in game days. When Akechi said I had basically 2 weeks till I had to deliver the calling card I did as much confident stuff I could where I maxed out Mishima and Ryuji (most of everyone else is between 6-9) so on the deadline day against Shadow Sae I checked up the Thieves Guild to see what level everyone was at on average, it was about 59. Because I only went to mementos like once I was at level 52.

This is what happens when you get complacent and don't level grind enough.

Akechi was one of my main hitters while I kept Morgana, Makoto and Ann on rotation to keep us all healed up and we were holding our own till one of the set gambles happened. HP Went down and combined with a strength boosted Berserker Dance or whatever there was nearly a one hit TPK with me left standing with no bullets and at only 3SP which made all my personas apart from one useless.

I had fused Seth together on that very same day and I spammed his One-Shot Kill attack for severe gun damage, I just about managed to take her down when I got dangerously close to hitting 0 myself. Now I'm facing a new palace while 7 levels under.

Blog Entries
    Thou hast forgotten the first rule of Jrpgs.

Might makes right.

now go, seek out the side quest, and yon emerald shaped shadows, venture deep within the halls of mementos,

and kicketh thee much ass, before you are next tested.

There's a lot of Buddist references in Digital Devil saga, but the jist is that the heroine had the ability to create a virtual world and connect with God through data and was being manipulated by the man who the main character (a digital avatar) was based off of, while the main rival who has an attitude tried to protect her but came off as being mean. Eventually, the former killed the latter in front of her while she was connected to God (the Sun) and it created the Demon Virus. In the first game she ends up in a virtual world with the digital versions of the people she knew and they protect her before she gets pulled out of it and into the real world, where they try to stop her crazy mother from ending the world. A good majority of them die before the heroine gains a backbone, takes the souls of all her friends, and guides them to the Sun to convince God to calm down after merging with the main character with some advice from a cat that was his reincarnated form. In the end, the main hero and heroine reincarnate but their combined form leaves the cycle of reincarnation with the cat.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thou hast forgotten the first rule of Jrpgs.

Might makes right.

now go, seek out the side quest, and yon emerald shaped shadows, venture deep within the halls of mementos,

and kicketh thee much ass, before you are next tested.
    Advice has been headed and my Quest continues.

One palace, seven levels and a sub-boss rush without an opportunity to heal later, I arrive at my rival and what appears to be the final boss. 3 Forms later is on the final stretches with less than 20% left but the party has been wiped with only me left. I have no SP, little HP and no restoration items and no way of taking him down in the last turn I have left before I snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I tried to hard and got so far but in the end it didn't even matter.

Naturally I turn to mementos to gain a couple more levels and money so I can buy more healing items. The first enemy i encounter hits me with a 'Wage War' which makes me attack them with melee. They Repel Melee. I One Hit Kill Myself.

This is not going well, at this rate I will betray everything my 14 year old self stood for and turn down the difficulty just so I don't have to go through all this again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Crow gets a costume change when switching Persona. It's a shame that Joker doesn't. Shido believes that a ship's Ruler is its captain. Fate/zero taught us that while that may nominally be true, a ship's true de facto Ruler is its mechanic/repairman.

That 'fake' Jack bros metroidvania game is actually

a) real
    and
    b) Free

Here
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Even though Cavern King isn't in this series, it's nice to know that Tokisada is.