Page 410 of 469 FirstFirst ... 310360400405408409410411412415420460 ... LastLast
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 9374

Thread: SMT/Persona: General Discussion (P4 Arena, P4 Golden, P5, SMT: IV, Etc.)

I just made it to 11/21 and spoilers for the unaware.
    Spoiler:

I like the plan they came up with since it built off the smaller things we didn't pay much attention too beyond world-building. But Shido is a hypocrite while Akechi was nuts from day 1, apparently.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Spoiler:
    Every politician ever is a hypocrite. What else is new

Spoiler:
    Tora isn't, but that was only after he'd been humbled. The thing is that he mentions nearly being ruined through a scandal because he was inconveniencing other and he turns around and kills people who inconvenience him. All those talks of sacrifices so he can rise to the top really pisses me off, more so considering how petty he is like when it came to getting the Protag a criminal record in the first place. I think that Yusuke put it best that its another rotten adult forcing others in line with his ideas.
    Last edited by Twi; May 8th, 2017 at 07:07 AM.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Just beat the final boss.
    End Game Spoilers

You know, this is the third time that an evil god has tried to screw over the world in like ten years. You'd think at this point Igor would just have all the other Persona-users on tap to deal with it. Worse, its basically humanity that keeps screwing itself over.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Spoiler:
    The gods aren't evil. From Nyx to even the Demiurge in this game. They were just trying to fulfill the wishes of humanity's twisted majority. But Persona shows us that changes do start small, especially good changes. The majority of humanity may try to screw itself over and over again, but at the same time, one good person can convince even a small, but truly faithful bonds to rise up against that kind of self-destruction.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    The whole Morgana/Ryuji spat before Okumura was dumb. I get why it happened, but it dumb.

but it resolves well, so okay.

Bonding with Futaba as a group felt really nice and Haru is adorkable.

Spoiler:
    I'm totally with Ryuji on that though. Morgana acts like a douchebag the entire game thinking he's some hotshit, insulting Ryuji everyway he can. Once Ryuji actually fought back he went full emo and left

This is why Teddie > Morgana

At least Teddie doesn't act like an unfunny dick to someone

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:

tbh i personally cant stand ryuji more

i mean both morgana and ryuji basically shits on each other on an equal level. but overall for some reason ryuji is more annoying in the game for me. he's loud, dumb, and for some reason lack the good quality of previous game's "best bro", making him feels more bark than bite that i personally cant really correlate with him.

and in the the end he didnt even apologize properly and the whole thing just got swept under the rug, whats up with that

tho im super biased because when i thought id lost my best healer and my car i snapped
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Spoiler:
    Morgana never apologized to Ryuji for the constant abuse he delivered early in the game either

I mean If you gotta talk shit, better be able to take shit as well, no two way around it

Also I don't like Ryuji either but Morgana is just straight up worse. At least Ryuji is straightforward and stand up and not acting like a crybabies when someone more useful than him appear

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fair point.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Actually both own and are in fact good

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoArcDragonhound View Post
    Spoiler:
    The gods aren't evil. From Nyx to even the Demiurge in this game. They were just trying to fulfill the wishes of humanity's twisted majority. But Persona shows us that changes do start small, especially good changes. The majority of humanity may try to screw itself over and over again, but at the same time, one good person can convince even a small, but truly faithful bonds to rise up against that kind of self-destruction.
    They're not evil, they're just boring and constantly reused.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Actually both own and are in fact good
    Why I felt disappointed with the two when it happened.

Spoiler:
    Wow, that was freaky with man in black chuckling while straight up executing Okumura's Shadow

^i feel like there's something to be said on the cyclical nature of it. It's admittedly a belabored point, but that's SMT in general for you.

Banned
    dude it is LIFTED from earlier entries

Just about all Shin Megami entries have that endpoint. Especially the Persona series.

Banned
    It's crap

Blog Entries
    I dunno

Spoiler:
    imo the god is def evil but just trying to rationalize himself as good. Which is interesting because that means the god itself is in denial about what it wants and believes
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    yeah that's basically the demiurge in a nutshel?

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Spoiler:
    yeah that's basically the demiurge in a nutshel?
    I started the series with p3
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?