Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Toaru Betsu no Hanashi

I might give this a shot, but I'm not very good at RPs. ;_;

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post

As for "cross-class" characters... I might be open to ideas on that front. Though it is pretty much a given that a cross-class character cannot get all the same things that a single-class character can. I would probably give an increase in cost of some sort to the Anti-Skills perks and you wont get the stat boosts. (e.g you choose one "main" class and you can take aspects from another class) if your character is really based around it concept-wise.

Also, you could create your own perk in line with that (as I said, personal perks are most welcome). Something like: "Experimental Operative" - You are part of a prototype program to increase integration of Espers into Anti-Skills. As such, you are considered to be a member of Anti-Skills and gain X benefit, etc, etc.
    Regarding my Anti-Skill/Esper character that I'm making, I see two ways to do it. The first is basically what you described, which is to add some additional costs and limits to perks from both classes in exchange for versatility. However, the way I was thinking was that he would only be a level 1 esper at most. The psychic abilities would be minor and mostly play into his background/RP, as the program he was involved in was not successful.

That is, for most intents and purposes he is an Anti-Skill operator. The esper stuff is meant to be more for flavor than combat (like, I might give him a relatively useless or highly situational ability).

This is as opposed to full-fledged espers joining Anti-Skill, like in the scenario you described. That would work better for the first method.

I'm also working on some personal perks. Some of it is just reflavoring the existing ones you've given without changing anything mechanically, while the others will need to be run by the GM for balance.

I might not be goof at RPs but I'm interested in joining so count me in

and heres a link for those who don't have good knowledge of the To Aru Franchise http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com..._no_Index_Wiki

Well, I thought about it, and I'll give this a shot.

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure they start at null or level zero, so moving to rank one cost an AP. Going to level 5 then, requires 5 of the 8 attribute points, in addition to 50 ability points.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Oops, I deleted my post by accident. Thanks.

I ask because I was working on the restrictions for my cross-class Esper feat (for existing Anti-Skill) and I wanted to make sure you don't get an extra extra point to spend on CAL.

Blog Entries
    Do what now?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Eh, perk, not feat. That's D&D, my bad.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If I can catch up with some of the events, be it old and new, I could try that.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well I might think of doing a esper or a doctor character but i got to know can a level 0, level up naturally through thee curriculum since I like to start off with the lowest stats possible so I can rise up bit by bit

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Um, I thought Level 0s aren't actually Espers? Aren't they just normal high school students with no powers? So how are you going to "rise up bit by bit?"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    If we really were to make a hax character, could we still RP them if we agreed to be limited in what our character can do?

Let's say, for example, if we wanted to make a boss-character, like Acqua, they'd be part of the Magical Side, and thus limited in what they're allowed to do in Academy City- they can't just go off on a player-hunt and start sacking the city- or, alternatively, can't attack anybody at all unless the other characters come to try and take them down.
    About powerlevels. The Level 5s should be around "Misaka-level" and the top level mages should be about equal to Terra of the Left or Vento without the Divine Punishment. I might allow this to go a bit further, but only for "villain-type characters" and even then, I probably wont allow the "casual-curbstomp" level characters like Fiamma, Acqua, Accelerator, Ollerus and so on.

Um, I thought Level 0s aren't actually Espers? Aren't they just normal high school students with no powers? So how are you going to "rise up bit by bit?"
    Well, Level 0s are actually "those who possess abilities, but they are of no use". The people who possess "no powers at all" are quite rare. If you come straight into the program, you are most likely not going to get a "LV 4" or "LV 5" ranking "off the bat". Misaka is considered to be the best example for this, since I think she rose to LV 5 "step-by-step".

reserving a spot

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Wait, are you sure? I remember Mikoto started at Level 1 and worked her way up to Level 5. If you show any sign of psychic powers at all, you are classified at least Level 1.

IIRC, I'm pretty certain the Level 0 is the classification for those who have no measurable psychic abilities, but have gone through power development training and theoretically have the potential to manifest them. Which is most of the normal students in the city.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Wait, are you sure? I remember Mikoto started at Level 1 and worked her way up to Level 5. If you show any sign of psychic powers at all, you are classified at least Level 1.

IIRC, I'm pretty certain the Level 0 is the classification for those who have no measurable psychic abilities, but have gone through power development training and theoretically have the potential to manifest them. Which is most of the normal students in the city.
    Not necessarily. Tsuchimikado is a "Level 0" (though in the RP, LV 0 means that you dont have an actual usable ability). If you had an ability that... say allowed you to move a spoon 2 cm to the right at completely random intervals, then that could be considered a LV0 ability. But in most cases you are right. Then again, even then they have the theoretical chance of manifesting an ability, and can, in theory, move from LV0 to LV1.

Hm, I'm just getting into the series, but count me in. I'm still trying to get into Regalia, write a Fate system, DM three games, take part in three others, and get funding for a club at college so...just expect somewhat significant lag on my constructing a profile? xD

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^^ So I need to think of an ability that really can't be usable in order to start as level 0

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The ability to drink apple juice (and ONLY apple juice) from across the room.

...even the Railgun dares not cross one who calls himself "The Acorn Whisperer." 0-0

EDIT:...actually, it strikes me that having a spy network of acorns would be fairly useful.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It strikes me as a good and weird spy skill. You'd possibly be classified as Level 0 since I can imagine the kinds of people who would use this skill well would keep it decently hidden.