Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Small Idea

A Small Idea

Here is a thought for a oneshot I am considering writing, but alas my type-moon knowledge is sorely lacking.

Rin's actions fail to make Sakura leave from the Shadow and she consumes even more resulting in her becoming a threat to humanity. The Counter Guardians (our protagonists) are sent to deal with her. Its really vague at the moment, so it obviously needs fleshing out. It would be a horror Problem is I am trying to decide which specific Counter Guardian (other then Archer)

Oh yeah, before I forget... Yes Sakura is the villain and is Chaotic Evil, and starts an apocalyptic countdown.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. Is this just a CG destroys Sakura fic, or are you writing the perspectives of bystanders and victims of Sakura before she's taken down, the changes the landscape goes though in the process, and aftereffects?

EDIT: For the record, if your TM background is lacking, I wouldn't post until you get the details are right. This is probably going to be seen as a trolling attempt (possibly rightfully so), so if this is a serious attempt you need to do research to be taken seriously before the fanbase descends on you.

If you just want a cheap laugh at the expense of the board members...eh. You're lacking in content, execution, and sheer scale to get a really good reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

What are you looking at? Fantabulous's Avatar
    To bad Counter Guardians are mindless killing machines, thus would make horrible protagonists.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantabulous View Post
    To bad Counter Guardians are mindless killing machines, thus would make horrible protagonists.
    This is your largest hurdle.

Blog Entries
    You could handwave it, but.....that's usually seen as poor planning.
    ;_;
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantabulous View Post
    It'd probably work better if it's written from the perspectives of bystanders as catastrophe strikes. Less CG kills DS, more what's happening to the world as the CG kills DS.

I mean, last I checked CGs are invisible to humanity. The most interesting parts are the bystanders, the Association's damage control, and whether the Masquerade is broken for the world to see.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

It would not be first person POV, but from the perspective of a Church Executor, who is following the CGs around. The fic would be in the form of reports to his superiors.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanathor View Post
    It would not be first person POV, but from the perspective of a Church Executor, who is following the CGs around. The fic would be in the form of reports to his superiors.
    Hmm. I question how the Church Executor gets into position in time or how Dark Sakura and AG survive long enough for a Church Executor to get into position to follow destruction.

Reports on the aftermath of the attack as the evidence and events of Heaven's Feel are examined through the eyes of an outside observer may be more appropriate. Also descriptions of the aftermath of the disaster and the measures taken.

Mustn't forget the casualty reports either. Through the eyes of a magus, but still.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

That makes sense HoR... though I would probably try for two perspectives, one mundane, and one magus to give both sides of the reaction.

Blog Entries
    That makes sense HoR... though I would probably try for two perspectives, one mundane, and one magus to give both sides of the reaction.
    That's not a bad idea. Possibly multiple perspectives to give different impressions of the aftermath. Taiga, for instance, would have a different reaction than Raiga or Issei.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

I am almost tempted to make Dark Sakura the "winner" , going with a tragedy of sorts.

Except I hate sad endings, so I am debating against it...

Blog Entries
    DO IT LOL
    Now Loading...

[15:09] <KnightTurtle> "I WILL NOT DIE FOR THE BEAUTY OF MATH. MATH IS MY SOUL AND BLOOD, MY PASSION. MATH IS WHAT KEEPS THE WORLD RIGHT. I WILL ON FOR THE BEAUTY OF NUMBER CRUNCHING, THE MIND NUMBING ABILITY OF CALCULUS, THE SOUL OF THE BARE BASICS OF ARITHMETIC"
    [21:21] <+EnigmaticFellow> we derive fun from integration

Blog Entries
    I am almost tempted to make Dark Sakura the "winner" , going with a tragedy of sorts.

Except I hate sad endings, so I am debating against it...
    *looks at DS and AM*

*looks at Counter Force and the unlimited prana source that is Gaia*

I wouldn't be on DS's victory. At all.

Not unless AM is a LOT stronger than I think it is.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

If we go with a "More AM consumes, stronger it gets" approach it could work. Every time Gaia does not win, DS gets stronger.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Well the CG could be made Sentient through the hand wave of them needing an actual ego lest they become fodder for being digested by Sakura or That Cf can't give them perfect back up lest Angra Mainyu lance up through that shit and corrupt the will of humanity.

The through the eye of the bystanders works as well.

Am is a curse a virus and it target is humanity. Alaya as the will to survive might be more vulnerable to it. So it needs a soft touch really.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    AM maybe. Sakura is apparently limited by the prana capacity of her body, so I think AM is the bigger threat than its avatar.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    Well the CG could be made Sentient through the hand wave of them needing an actual ego lest they become fodder for being digested by Sakura or That Cf can't give them perfect back up lest Angra Mainyu lance up through that shit and corrupt the will of humanity.
    Hmm. I would think having no ego to be affected by all the hate and focused only on killing AM might be a defense. Depends how you spin it.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Will CG EMIYA and HS EMIYA(Fate HS Shirou future) be called.? No the no ego would be open door pass through my mental defenses , even though I am mostly unaffected till you finish eating me(and you will cuase I no longer have te will needed to struggle), and slide up my soul uplink to the combined consciousness of one of the human race.
    Last edited by Larekko12; October 20th, 2011 at 10:20 PM.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

JP Friend Code
    I can see the You-Know-Who rage incoming like a storm.
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracer View Post
    I can see the You-Know-Who rage incoming like a storm.
    He claims to be asleep at the moment, so it's all good right now.

As for the story idea itself, I'm rather intrigued. Still, would AM be able to corrupt CGs onto its side? Knowing this would be really helpful in determining who would win.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.