Page 92 of 102 FirstFirst ... 428287909192939497 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2037

Thread: To Aru Majutsu no Index

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Almost makes me want to start reading again.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's a late April Fools, don't let him trick you!
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seems like we are nearing the endgame.

Then again, there is all those plot threads like Mikoto trying to grasp more and more power, among many others.

We'll see how this turns out.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I guess being a scientist in Academy City means your lab coat and gun are free of charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Drill-chan is cute.

Also, nicely paced for the first chapter.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    “My friends little sister is in serious trouble due to his crazy accurate stalker profiling!?”

“It’s all about building it up over time. The way of the big bro isn’t learned overnight, nyah. …And don’t turn my tremendous accomplishment into a light novel title.”
    “This pro big bro is seriously scary.”

“Is summing things up as a light novel title a new fad or something?”
    The dream visions of Aleister's past are mostly going over my head, which is unfortunate. Luckily the Misa/Misa stuff is good though; give me more of that Kamachi.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    This volume was worth the wait.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Yes, no matter how hard they tried, they could never get along. They both triggered biological disgust in the other. It was like someone had gathered everything that irritated them and gave it human form.
    Hahaha, Kamachi was right. Combining really is a man's romance.

And wow, I wasn't expecting the great power shuffle. Though there's one thing I'm confused on; is Corozon possessing both Lola and Aleister's corpse, or just Lola? Also Lola? Wasn't it Laura? Eh, you do you, js06.

At any rate, Touma using magic and emotion to beat science and rationality was unexpected and pretty cool. That being said, Kamachi that wasn't enough! You said you'd reveal the mystery of Imagine Breaker! Yeah sure it used to be an arrow to shove demons, but what's the deal with the Invisible Thing! I guess Touma's gonna punch a demon out for the finale, then; it does match up with his name.

The first half was pretty dry, but the second half made up for it. Here's to NT19.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That was a pretty fitting ending. Cat lady addition was great, but I have to be honest, I'm completely forgetting everything about these half-arsed Bond girls Kamijou girls that show up for a volume or two, are convenient "plot" devices for Touma to trip and plant his face into boobage in, and occasionally supply an actual plot device hand tail/hot air balloon. It's been literally five minutes since I read the book and I've already forgotten who went with them up the tower.

The view of just-industrialised London through the eyes of magicians was interesting. I'm impressed by how naturally Kamachi manages to write all of these different places- Russia, Ye Slightly Olde London, Hawaii, that one place he went with Othinus- especially given how limited LN authors tend to be.

Mathers's summoned demon- I wonder if Lola's gonna turn out to be the Western style (for the evulz lul) or Eastern style of demon. Or maybe it's a Djinn, or something that tends to be bound in mythology, but generally doesn't like it. Please be an interesting mythological thing, demon!

The Imagine Breaker formerly being the hand of a saint (or a Saint?) is interesting- I wonder if there's an actual corresponding historical or mythical figure.

I have to wonder, why didn't the leader of the Science side, the guy who literally seeks to wipe magic from the world, use non-magical methods and actually bother to fight Touma? I mean, yes, he's always been a magician, but literally anything he could've prepared, from a gun, to a taser, to a featherweight wrestling champ, to a sturdy wooden fence between him and Touma, could've ensured he complete his plan. For all the nano-nonsense he seems to have floating about Academy city, for all the quasi-magical-quasi-scientific AAA sets, and autonomous robots, and technological reproductions of Level 5 Espers, he could've literally just had a grown adult sit on Touma instead of going "lol wand combat" "lol angel attacks that can be slightly deflected by Imagine Breaker". But maybe that was part of the plan, I dunno.

Also, the Shokuhou and Misaka teamup will either result in the greatest thing, or the worst thing.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    And wow, I wasn't expecting the great power shuffle. Though there's one thing I'm confused on; is Corozon possessing both Lola and Aleister's corpse, or just Lola? Also Lola? Wasn't it Laura? Eh, you do you, js06
    It is just possessing Lola. It was supposed to possess Crowley but tried and failed, so it took the next best thing that would ruin Aleister's life.

Also, apparently her name has been mistranslated this whole time and it was "Lola".
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Mathers's summoned demon- I wonder if Lola's gonna turn out to be the Western style (for the evulz lul) or Eastern style of demon. Or maybe it's a Djinn, or something that tends to be bound in mythology, but generally doesn't like it. Please be an interesting mythological thing, demon!
    Reading up on Choronzon, it is a Western demon but doesn't look like a typical one:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Crowley
    The name of the Dweller in the Abyss is Choronzon, but he is not really an individual. The Abyss is empty of being; it is filled with all possible forms, each equally inane, each therefore evil in the only true sense of the word—that is, meaningless but malignant, in so far as it craves to become real. These forms swirl senselessly into haphazard heaps like dust devils, and each such chance aggregation asserts itself to be an individual and shrieks, "I am I!" though aware all the time that its elements have no true bond; so that the slightest disturbance dissipates the delusion just as a horseman, meeting a dust devil, brings it in showers of sand to the earth."
    Reminds me a bit of Demons and True Demons in the Nasuverse.
    Last edited by All fictions; June 21st, 2017 at 09:27 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wait what the fuck, since when was there NT19
    canon finish apo vol 3

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Hell if I know, I haven't caught up since Kamisato bought it

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wow, taking innocent young girls to love hotels for sex?

To think I thought well of your character, Touma.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Their top products seemed to be gyro-equipped VR goggles and an action game where you controlled a small boy to manipulate Waltraute, fourth of the nine Valkyrie sisters.
    The gamers had been glued to a Youkai battle game where a Zashiki Warashi, a Yuki Onna, and such grabbed at each other’s hair
    kamachi pls
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The self-references are real.

He's even got one of the more meta characters yelling how this is a third rate situation written by a third rate author.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Eh, you're not quoting the bunny girl talking people into weird shit?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm not there yet

And there it is. Also:
    Aleister was tightly clinging to Kamijou’s right arm, but they oddly did not stand out much. When he looked around again, he realized the Christmas-decorated city was filled with young couples flirting. Even a part-time Santa and snowman were sweetly enjoying each other’s company on the job. Did that all sound rather vague? Of course it was. We can’t exactly provide a detailed description of this kind of December night, dammit.
    goddammit kamachi
    Last edited by Rafflesiac; October 17th, 2017 at 02:56 PM.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    He's giving less and less of a shit as the series goes on.

It's great.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, it's weird how Hamazura's treating Accelerator like a psychotic force of nature when he was able to work with him relatively well IIRC during Hawaii and right before then.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mind explaining what these references are to?
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.