Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Zodiac Invasion (WIP title for Nasuverse fangame)

Blog Entries

Fate/Zodiac Invasion (WIP title for Nasuverse fangame)

Okay, so a while ago, Mike1984 and I had this discussion where we were thinking of making our own game, after I had accidentally sparked a debate (which wasn't the intent of my topic at the time) on Christianity, but that part is off-topic. Anyway, so Mike and I had this discussion, and we agreed I should share info on what the game was about and what features you guys would like to see. This game itself is going to be an RPG, for starters, though that's as far as I've determined so far.

As far as story goes, one year after the events of Fate/stay Night (you choose which route in-game), peace has returned to Fuyuki, though that's about to change with the arrival of an army of aliens from another part of the galaxy, led by the strongest beings of their planets... in other words, an army of Type worshipers from the planets Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, and Ofis (sounds like Office, but it's the Greek for snake), led by their appropriate Types.

Of course, this is not the planet they're supposed to invade, and definitely not the events of Notes. Therefore, Gaia doesn't want these aliens on its planet whatsoever, and wants someone to kick them off. That's where Shirou and Sakura come in, first off. Alaya contacts them and tells them that they're two of the heroes needed to kick the Types off the planet, and by defeating the armies under each Type, and then the Type leading them, they will be able to give Gaia a chance at a breather, which is what humanity needs anyway.

Still, there's a good reason why the story even exists... it's not like a standard shounen manga (compare with Bleach and its story arcs as an example), the story evolves over time with different mechanics for telling the story. The rescue someone in trouble mechanic... doubt that will be used much.

Anyway, enough for now... anything you guys would like to see in this RPG? Tell us, and we'll put it in when given the chance.

Blog Entries
    As far as story goes, one year after the events of Fate/stay Night (you choose which route in-game), peace has returned to Fuyuki, though that's about to change with the arrival of an army of aliens from another part of the galaxy, led by the strongest beings of their planets... in other words, an army of Type worshipers from the planets Aquarius, Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, and Ofis (sounds like Office, but it's the Greek for snake), led by their appropriate Types.
    You are aware that most of these are constellations, and the rest of them are stars? Ditto with being aware that Types are kind of going to stop the living shit out of anything currently on the planet excluding 100% Arc?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    I'm aware of the first part (though I decided to also make them planets in our galaxy that haven't been discovered yet) and also the second part for normal situations. Mike and I even had a bit of a talk about how that was supposed to work. That's why this is going to be an RPG, first and foremost, where the Level System does have a big play in this. Minions, believe it or not, provide the stuff necessary to level up and face the Types (which are easier to beat because of the fact that this isn't their system to invade, and the wrong time to do so, therefore Gaia wants them off before calling in the Types of the Sol System).

Any other problems you noticed?

Blog Entries
    That if the planets are undiscovered, they are over 5 light years away, and I think you see the problem with that. And... leveling up to face Types... je sais non. Unless you're in Notes and happen to be called Godo or Ado Edem, you aren't killing Types, no matter how much leveling up. Just isn't happening.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Sounds like the bastard child of MuvLuv and Type Moon.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Blog Entries
    Translation please, Leopard?

Also, these Types are unable to do much in the way of bringing in death and destruction... though this story is before Notes, a rather long time before Notes, so it's for the sake of a future where Notes will take place that these Types are going to die off.

...Or is that stupid?

@Lotus: How is it the bastard child of MuvLuv and Type Moon?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    Translation please, Leopard?

Also, these Types are unable to do much in the way of bringing in death and destruction... though this story is before Notes, a rather long time before Notes, so it's for the sake of a future where Notes will take place that these Types are going to die off.

...Or is that stupid?
    Right. Since they're undiscovered planets, they're at least in the Alpha Centauri system or farther. That's 4.5 give or take light years away. We have no reason to believe that Nasuverse includes breaking the speed of light. So, that's 4.5 years for any signal to get there, and at least 4.5 years to get to Earth, assuming that they can travel at C. This is not likely.

And Types. Well, a Type that can't bring death and destruction isn't much of a Type. In fact, it's not much of a Type at all, since, y'know, strongest being on the planet and all.

Blog Entries
    I meant, Translation of the french, please?

Also, consider it this way: the armies use space ships and carry their Type around (after appropriate conquering and such happens), and the Types have no way of using their power much (slackers), so they lose some of their power over time.

Of course, I don't have the whole thing down definitively yet, so don't expect intelligent answers yet.

Blog Entries
    Oh. That was me taking a hacksaw to French and making a bad effort of I Think No.

And still not solving problem of Types needing to travel FTL...

Blog Entries
    Hmm... how about this?

They misinterpret something that reached them 3.5 years before Fate/stay Night to mean that they had to go to Sol System and destroy the entire Human population there. That's why they're there... to rid the System of the humans.

Blog Entries
    Eh... not that I think that the basic framework is bad, but Types are the wrong opponent. Just too powerful.

Blog Entries
    *sigh* I guess you raise a good point.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Right. Since they're undiscovered planets, they're at least in the Alpha Centauri system or farther.
    Well, you'd imagine that they'd be considerably further, since Alpha Centuri is the nearest star (well, technically Proxima Centuri is, but IIRC it's in the same system).

That's 4.5 give or take light years away. We have no reason to believe that Nasuverse includes breaking the speed of light. So, that's 4.5 years for any signal to get there, and at least 4.5 years to get to Earth, assuming that they can travel at C. This is not likely.
    Couldn't they have just left a long time ago...?

And Types. Well, a Type that can't bring death and destruction isn't much of a Type. In fact, it's not much of a Type at all, since, y'know, strongest being on the planet and all.
    It could just be a weak planet

Quote Originally Posted by Xamusel View Post
    *sigh* I guess you raise a good point.
    Yeah, I do definitely see his point here. I'm not sure, however, what would make a good opponent.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    It could just be a weak planet
    Stop bullying Pluto, guys.

Yeah, I do definitely see his point here. I'm not sure, however, what would make a good opponent.
    Mah, I don't think I'm going to play this (if it comes into reality) but...

... generic lovecraftian alien invaders from another dimension?

(I agree with LeopardBear, btw. Types are just too much, how much are you planning to overpower Shirou and Sakura?)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Stop bullying Pluto, guys.
    Erm, Pluto's not a planet....

Mah, I don't think I'm going to play this (if it comes into reality) but...
    Why not?

... generic lovecraftian alien invaders from another dimension?
    Something like that could work, I guess.

Anyway, the basic idea for the story is mostly down to Xamusel, I think. I'm more likely to be coding, together with providing a bit of input to the details of the story.

(I agree with LeopardBear, btw. Types are just too much, how much are you planning to overpower Shirou and Sakura?)
    Well, yeah, I can see his point there, definitely.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why not use generic Nasuverse evil creatures (Vampires, Demon hybrids)

Blog Entries
    That's racism yo

Just because he's a dwarf planet, and his Type likes getting smashed with alcohol, has a manly beard, and is pretty short, doesn't mean he isn't a planet as well! ;_;
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlkonig View Post
    That's racism yo

Just because he's a dwarf planet, and his Type likes getting smashed with alcohol, has a manly beard, and is pretty short, doesn't mean he isn't a planet as well! ;_;
    So, we're going to have Type Eris and Type Ceres, then...?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    that'sthejoke.jpg

(don't worry Pluto, for me you'll always be a planet, no matter what the others establish)

Why not?
    RPG, right? I've never played one... and I don't even know what they are, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Why not use generic Nasuverse evil creatures (Vampires, Demon hybrids)
    That's an idea, too. but I'll use that as a last resource. Let's see what we can brainstorm with the "alien invaders" idea first (this way we can make something never seen before, which isn't a bad thing).

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For some reason "alien invaders" just doesn't sound like Nasuverse to me. Except for Types but Types are not defeatable by Shirou. Trying to play something like that straight is probably impossible without being unintentionally hillarious.