Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death of Bloodlust 2: Arcueid's Grail War

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's so strange to hear him being respectful, and not snarky - novel, but strange.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorry for taking so long, folks. It took me a long while to decide how exactly to write this one out. That, and dealing with life in general has been long, and exhausting.

Archer is the same Archer from Blades Under a Crimson Moon. I put in the major things involving him there, as well as Omakes I wanted to write, but never could figure out the right way to write them, as his official backstory for Arcueid's Grail War.

Enjoy the chapter, and again, sorry for it being late. It was honestly a pain in the ass to write this one, and decide which scenes would go perfectly here. Tell me how you all like it!

Chapter 7: An Unusual Archer: Redux

I can only remember the last time I was summoned. And my mind flashes back to what I told Rin, before that fight against me and a summoned Arcueid Brunestud.

"Do you recall how a Reality Marble works, Rin?"

"It overwrites reality, using a projection of one's own inner self..."

"But at the basics, it's much easier to understand, for the difference between my Reality Marble, and her Marble Phantasm."

"How so? I don't know much about them besides what I was taught."

"At the core of it, it's like a bag of marbles... thus the name. What her Marble Phantasm does, is with her understanding of the Nature of Reality itself, she can pick out the sole possibility of an action happening. It's like a bag of marbles, with a white marble mixed in with countless black marbles. No matter what happens, she'll pick out the white one, right?"

She's nodding slowly.

"What a Reality Marble does, instead, is that it turns all the black marbles into white ones, so there's only one chance. Because I don't have the innate connection with Nature she does, I can't fully counter her actions."

And cue her being in shock again. My master is rather amusing sometimes.

"But... it's not impossible to force my mind to grasp the reality of Nature that she instinctively has. What I'm doing is slowly refining my ability to comprehend Nature's reality itself, through meditation. Though I don't have it down perfectly, I've gotten it from turning all the marbles white, as an example, to only turning half of them white. I have to have absolute focus to do this, though, or else it'll break my mind so I can't even think anymore. It's too rough on my mind to comprehend reality like she does all the time."

My mind snaps back to the present. Where's the clock...? Ah. 5 hours before she'll wake up. Good.

I can only let my mind fade back into my meditations. And the memories of my past.

I'm meditating in my Reality Marble one last time to be absolutely sure I can't find something else to plant.

I've found water, earth, fire, and air... but life is nearly dead. Perhaps because I'm dead...?

Aggravating. So very aggravating.

Still, I can't help but water the plants, and ask them to grow... if nothing else... I can do that. And I freeze at noticing that it's growing into plantlife all over.

Perhaps... I was foolish by not asking in the first place...?

Still, I can only pray it's enough.

As it is... I can shatter another Reality Marble now. But when I'm using it... unless I'm absolutely focused, or in pain... I can't... even think straight. My body's running on autopilot. And that worries me.... scares me. If I take it to a full Marble Phantasm, my mind feels like it's going to shatter. And I'm afraid it'll destroy me if I go through it fully... and send me back to the Throne of Heroes.

But... I am the bone of my sword. I will always rely on these blades... even though I will never truly hold anything. And so I'll fight.

I'll fight to cause a paradox... or better yet, so Rin can create one using the Holy Grail, if my guessing as to this new Caster's plan are correct.

My mind awakens once more, to check the time. Only 30 minutes? Tch. Still, I can't help but remember my argument with Rin after that.

"We have no other Choice, RIN! Arcueid Brunestud is responsible for killing too many vampires to count, and is possibly on par with Zelretch himself, if not even stronger!

With it, I can secure victory for you against her. And if I start to fail... I want you to use your command seal to remake my mind so I can handle it perfectly without flaw."

"Archer, you..."

"God damn it, Rin, listen to me. I swore that I would be yours. Do you think I would not stay with you if I didn't want to...?

You were my friend, you were my teacher, for Kami's sake! I loved you, but couldn't be with you in my blind rush to become a hero. And I failed. I failed and wound up stuck in hell, instead. I failed Ilyasviel, my adoptive sister, and I failed you, the woman I fell for, by not being there for you. And you want to win this stupid thing. So let me be your bow, and crush your enemies, my Master."

She can't move. She can't speak, and is just staring at me, in numb shock.

"I will kill her. I'm a counter guardian, the only possible bow that might very well hurt her. Let me go forth and shoot my arrows at her, to crush her. For your sake, for the Holy Grail. And if you use the command seal... you can steal Shirou's, and graft them to your arm. You should know how considering Kirei was your teacher."

"Archer... Shirou...you..."

"I can last 2 days without a master. So even if you use your command seals... I can still fight. I can still win this for you, Rin. So let me do this for you."

"Alright, Archer. When it's nightfall... we'll strike."

I snap out of my memories again. "Hah... those memories..." I can only frown, and let my mind wander again. I'm sure, now, that Rin's seeing my memories of this. Perhaps this will help her?

I watch her coming, from my spot in the middle of the park.

Where she fought with Berseker, no less.

Amusing. She's acting like she thinks she can win... no, she's overconfident that she can win.

"Rin, be ready for the mana drain. You'll be very low after a while. Are you sure your reserves are up to it?"

"Of course, you idiot! Now just deal with her like you're supposed to!"

I can hear my heartbeat pounding. Just like the good old days.

Soundtrack: "Emiya ~ Crow's Claw"

And as she runs closer, I close my eyes, and focus.

"Did you know that Reality Marbles can be trumped by other Reality Marbles, Arcueid Brunestud? In this timeline, I've never fought with you once, but in my own, I faced off with you 5 different times."

She stopped, pausing, in surprise. And with that... it's my win.

"I am the bone of my sword.
    Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
    I have created over a thousand blades.
    Unknown to death.
    Nor known to life.
    Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
    Yet, these hands will never hold anything.
    So as I pray, 'Unlimited Blade Works'."

-Fade Out-

Fire runs around them, expanding outwards, and blinding her. And... as reality shifts, his arm raises up. As does every blade inside his reality marble, replicating themselves endlessly.

Then, when he swings his arm down, every blade in Unlimited Blade Works turns, points at her, then fires off as fast as possible, endlessly.

And as reality continually reshapes itself outwards, more blades appear, float up, and head inwards at the single point that is her. Endlessly, constantly, remaking themselves, and firing.

And he dashes in, Kanshou and Bakuya in hands for the kill.

Arcueid's tried to make her chains already, and cannot.

But she will not die so easily. So she uses her claws.

This is no battle like Berserker.

This is unnummerable arrows, meant to utterly annihilate her.

And as she looks up, in realization...

The first sword explodes.

She dodges.

Every moment comes, and a dozen swords try to hit her.

Try to break her.

Try to annihilate her.

And every miss, they explode, trying to send her flying.

Trying to end her life.

This isn't just a fight.

This is an all out attempt to break her.

To destroy her.

To end her life.

And so she dodges.

He just threw his swords at her. And then made more and attacked...?

And she manages to block the sword coming from behind, as well as the one to the front with her claws, shattering them.

Then as the second attack comes, she manages to do that as well, while still dodging, barely.

And then she sees his newest attack, with two more coming. Fragile, broken. His face looks triumphant with victory.

But... when he swings down... she kicks faster. Not just sending him flying, but through one of the gears, shattering it completely. And as he starts to fall, she catches him, and boots him through another.

The swords are homing on her now.

Like a great flock of birds. Trying to get close to her and explode, to end her.

But she's still not so easily destroyed. Not so easily beaten.

She's fought to lose her bloodlust. She wants to have Shirou and Sakura with her. And so she'll fight and kill this Archer that wishes to take her on and win.

So she forces her body to go faster, and attacks him as hard as she can, constantly.

Each blade he creates, she shatters, and pummels through his defense to hurt him.

But each blow means she has to speed up again to dodge the blades homing in on her.

Still, she perserveres. Every blow she does should be lethal. But even still, he's still moving. Like... he's planned this from the start?!

And so she rolls away and tries to figure out where the threat might be.

And she can only stare at the sky.

Every one of his blades is replicated there, endlessly, to be like a single blade... and the only hole is above Archer.

When they come down...

"It's a pity that you're strong enough for me to resort to this, Arcueid. But however strong you might be, you can't take an unlimited number of Broken Phantasms. Even you, the White Moon Princess, fell to this in my timeline, when you fell to your bloodlust. And so here, now... you die."

And it's raining swords.

She has to get to that hole above Archer. That's the only spot... no, that's a trap. To make a hole...

Grabbing the ground under her, she rips out a large boulder, and chucks it upwards, before jumping after it.

It works. She's ploughed through the opening... but opens her eyes to see every single inch around her for seemingly miles, with more swords heading straight for her. All like the swords above.

A trap... she can only stare in horrified comprehension of what Archer has done.

She's lost.

50 meters away.

And then Shirou Emiya's Unlimited Blade Works shatters Archer's Reality Marble before they can kill her.

Once more, my eyes snap open.

I hate my memories. Of losing in that Grail War against Arcueid. I can only shake my head weakly.

Rin won't stop dreaming of this. And it's wise for me to remember.. so...

Soundtrack: "Burn ~ Apocalyptica"

I'm fighting with Shirou now. It's too damned close for my own tastes. Not enough for him to survive, but enough for him to delay me. And I can see Arcueid moving in the distance.

But he's not able to handle the strain for long. So I'll speak while fighting him. Perhaps it'll distract this naive fool in front of me enough to land a telling blow...

"A Marble Phantasm... truly impressive to overwhelm and overlap my own Reality Marble like this. Arcueid taught you this? How to take it further, then, Shirou Emiya?"

"How would you know that, Archer?"

"Our Reality Marble is the same, Shirou Emiya... because I'm the you that attained our dream of becoming a hero. And I deeply regret it."

I clash with him again. Time after time, our swords shatter, and yet we can't help but clash harder and harder, each time.

"I became a Counter Guardian, in hopes of saving everyone. And instead? I had to kill. And kill and kill and kill, and then kill some more."

"What?!"

"You don't get it, do you? Counter Guardians are the janitors. We kill any threats to humanity as a whole. And to do that, we're always summoned... not before, but after the disaster has come.

We're not summoned to help save people. We're just summoned to kill all the survivors that are a threat to humanity, as well as anything and everything left on the battlefield."

"That..."

"To become a Hero, is to be willing to kill Arcueid and Sakura both, in most of the timelines that exist. Can you truly live knowing that you'll be forced to kill the ones you love?"

Shirou's starting to freeze up. He knows what I'm saying. What the price is. And I won't freeze like he will.

Arcueid's rushing at me. Damn it! I've lost too much time fighting him!

-Fade Out-

So she rushes at Archer to attack, grabbing two random swords on the way.

And so she clashes with Archer.

Dodging, twisting, attacking, defending...

All done as quick as possible to drive him away from Shirou.

It's enough for her. Even if she dies, as long as he lives... it'll be enough for her.

So why does Archer fight so hard? Why would Archer try to push Shirou off the path he's on?

"It's to spare me pain, huh Archer? That's why you're doing this?"

"Heh. It's because I'd rather see you dead then follow in my footsteps!"

The first moment Arcueid is aware of Shirou's help, is the fact that Archer's not attacking as much now.

The second, is when she sees Shirou attacking from one side.

And so they attack together... not just attacking, but forcing him back. Pushing him away, backwards, and forcing him to defend.

He's growing more and more desperate as they attack. He can't use his Reality Marble in Shirou's Marble Phantasm variation of Unlimited Blade Works.

"Rin, use the command seal, like I told you!"

My mind snaps fully aware again, from seeing the memories. I can only remember how hard it hurt to go through the shifting in my mind, at that moment, of that order.

My mind went blank as it worked. She successfully rewrote my Reality Marble to be a Marble Phantasm. I could clearly see the difference... FEEL the difference.

And feel my newly remade Marble Phantasm overwrite whatever this version of Shirou Emiya was using to fight me.

-Fade Out-

The blades have reappeared from before. The ones to nearly end Arcueid... were still in his Reality Marble. It was just overwhelmed and surpressed by Shirou's Reality Marble boosted to be a Marble Phantasm.

And with his own being forced to be the same way...

It's even.

But Shirou might still win.

"Arcueid. Use what you used on Berserker. It'll work here. While you're doing that... I'll stop him."

And with that, Shirou desperately tries to replicate all the blades surrounding them.

His circuits aren't used to the strain.

Holding this up so long is already a chore for him.

But he'll fight for her.

He'll give her the time she needs.

Because if he doesn't... noone will.

So, ignoring the pain, he pushes out his Od and reforms reality as well as he can, even more.

Archer appears to be in pain. Like this is too much for his mind to handle.

And so he strikes. The waves of swords shoot outwards, matching Archer's, and destroying as many as possible.

Thus, Archer and Shirou both shoot as many as possible towards each other.

It's not a battle of power, now.

Just a battle of attrition.

10 swords.

And still it keeps up.

This is a battle of attrition that Shirou Emiya cannot win.

But as Archer starts to grin in triumph, he realizes something.

Arcueid's no longer with Shirou.

I snap aware once more, at the memory of seeing her damnable moon, right before it hit me. God, that hurt.

I can feel my mind falling back into memory again. I can only smile, and let it happen.

I suppose I was the one most surprised, when I woke up in the hospital. Not as a Heroic Spirit, nor a Counter Guardian, but as a man. Alaya's binding to me, to have me as a Counter Guardian, couldn't handle the strain of a Marble Phantasm... and so let me go, rather than damage itself.

Or so I suppose.

I can only blink, realizing that Rin is beside me.

"You dumb IDIOT! What the hell were you thinking, getting a moon dropped on you!"

She's holding me tight, and sobbing now.

"I suppose... I was too busy fighting Shirou to realize the threat of the moon."

"You idiot... I thought you were dead! I thought you were dead!!"

I can only hold her while she sobs in my arms.

Maybe I can try to live for this Rin?

Another flash of awareness. My Master is certainly getting her share of memories tonight.

I can only grin in wry amusement. She was also one wild spitfire in bed.
    My mind drifts off, to my final memory, before awakening to having been summoned here.

Soundtrack: "New Dawn ~ Fate/Stay Night"

"It's been a long time, hasn't it, Archer?"

I can only weakly nod, and hold my wife of 80 years.

"Yes, it has, Rin."

She's turning to me, with her gorgeous eyes, and that beautiful smile I still love.

"I'm happy we could live together like this. Thank you for marrying me, my love."

I kiss her. We may be old, but I'm happy.

"I'm happy to have married you, Rin. It's been a wonderful life."

Her heartbeat's fading. We'll both die, once she does. She's what's kept me alive so long, after all.

"Does dying hurt, Archer?"

I can only shake my head, before replying.

"No, my love. It feels like... a release. There's nothing but happiness after you die. I should know, before I suffered from my contract..."

Pain. She doesn't feel it, but I do.

"I'm glad, Archer. Thank you for always loving me..."

I'm breathing hard. This is the end... isn't it? But I still need to reply. No, I MUST reply.

"I will always love you, until the end of time, Tohsaka Rin."

She's dead. And I'm dying too. I can only kiss her, while realizing I can't feel anything else below my neck.

"I... love you Rin..."

These are my last words? I'm glad... better than the alternative, right?

My eyes snap open, again.

I can feel Lancer in the area.

I wonder... will he survive my surprise for him? Who can tell?

-Fade Out-

-Lancer's Perspective-

I've been searching for a fight all night. And no servants have come out of the wood work. It's irritating as hell, honestly. My master's planning on meeting with that Kirei Kotomine guy if I can't find a fight tonight.

I can only blink, at hearing, far off, the word "Hrunting!". A Noble Phantasm?

The hell is that red light?! Some sort of arrow?

I can barely see it move!

-Fade Out-

As the red blade approaches, Lancer evades. Or he tries, anyways. But he's far too slow.

Most everything is to a blade shot at mach 5, after all.

It doesn't kill him, but the pain is horrible. Losing the left arm will do that to someone.

-Fade Out-

-Archer's Perspective-

I can only smirk, hearing that Fraga woman scream for Lancer to return.

And Lancer's faint "Aw, hell. And I was hoping for a good fight, too!" Right before the command seal did it's work.

"Mark one for me, eh Zelretch-san? I know you've been watching me all night after all..."

"Indeed. And good work. I must say, you're rather impressive for an archer. Perhaps you'll tell me your story over a cup of tea?"

"Heh. That sounds like a plan. All the better to help my young master, after all."

-Fade Out-
    Last edited by RanmaBushiko; September 23rd, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

I write like Douglas Adams. Proof: http://iwl.me/s/696f37bd

Blog Entries
    Still a cool chapter, but I regret to say that I spotted an error I missed before - you want "aggravating," rather than "aggrivating." Sorry about that.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. I'll change it in a minute, and update my master copy of it, too.
    I'm starting to suspect that talking with Kieran influences my rolls on Fate/Grand Order Heavily. How else can you explain me talking with him, then rolling for 30, only to get 3 Archer of Shinjuku on my second ten roll?

Blog Entries
    Indeed. Cool chapter. I'm not really sure why you had trouble writing this chapter, but I guess writers think differently.

Anyways, keep up the good work. Totally wasn't expecting Apocalyptica.

And I don't mind if it's late. Not like I'm doing much with myself. :P
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sei View Post
    Indeed. Cool chapter. I'm not really sure why you had trouble writing this chapter, but I guess writers think differently.

Anyways, keep up the good work. Totally wasn't expecting Apocalyptica.

And I don't mind if it's late. Not like I'm doing much with myself. :P
    Yeah, I thought it was perfect for the scene, back when I wrote Blades Under a Crimson Moon back then. Still think it's perfect now, too.

And now, on to the next chapter.

Chapter 8: A Rider in two parts...?

-Shirou's Perspective-

A flicker of movement crosses the edge of my vision.

Ever since Taiga found we own a Playstation 2, and never told her, she's been bringing her old Playstation 1 games for us to try out. I'm still not sure why, honestly.

Laharl was amused, at first, until he realized that this meant he couldn't see his own game, and laugh like a loon at it.

Speaking of whom, he's been doing a lot of meditating, and trying to summon some people... or so he says.

Personally, the grunting and groaning sounds from Laharl, sound like a bad Dragonball Z episode, to me. The American dubbed type, where it sounds more like they're trying to crap in the toilet rather than do a kiai to help themselves focus in a strike. I must say, watching that in english class was eye opening, and rather horrifying.

He's been in the dojo, meditating on that all day.

You'll never get me to admit that, though. Not aloud, to anyone.

Still, Sakura's stuck playing video games with Taiga, to see what she'd like best. I'd better go to check on things myself, eh?

-Fade Out-

She's playing Final Fantasy 6 with Taiga watching over her shoulder.

And, apparently, they've been playing for a while. I recall this scene while playing off and on with Taiga, when I wasn't working in the dojo with her years ago. Setzer kidnapping Celes, thinking she was a girl he was hunting for to woo.

Sakura looks so tense, though. Perhaps I should rub her down to relax her?

A spark of power just... raced from my fingers into her back... and... aww hell. The circle's glowing again. This time, all those games Taiga brought with are glowing too?!

-Fade Out-

The first sign something is horribly wrong, when there's a horrifying sound, much like the screeching of a train grinding against another as they go off the tracks together.

She's staring down in horror, just like I probably am, and I can hear her screaming "Senpai, it's another summon! But it's...!" barely over the loud, horrifying sound.

God, I can barely stand this...

Light's focusing on a figure, in the circle...

A massive man, riding a horse that has glowing red eyes, and a horse that's litterally on fire. With eyes glowing bright blue, half concealed under his red hood. Massive armor all over his body, and a sword with massive skulls on it?

"Where is this, boy? This is not the place I was summoned to, and as one of the Horsemen, I will...!"

But his statement never finishes, as he vanishes, like dust in the wind from the screeching.

My mind flashes. One of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse? What is this?!

Another flash.

A girl in a cloak that covers her whole body, and a black outfit. Long blue hair and green eyes, that I can barely not look at, due to her beauty.

"Where's Hiro...?"

And she's gone too, with the screeching ever louder.

Flashes of people, warriors, some on horses, and others on what looks like parts of dragons?! Now are flashing through the small shed.

My mind crystalizes. This is another summon. And because there's so many possible catalysts for the summon, it's...!

"Choose, Sakura! It's trying to find one right for you!"

Flashes, now.

A girl, with long pink hair.

And a man with white hair, and a long black trenchcoat.

It's flashing back and forth between them, harder and harder, as Sakura focuses her will on this, to force it to give her a Servant that's right for HER.

I can only stare at both crystalizing into existence, right before my workshop explodes.

-Fade Out-

-Sakura's Perspective-

When I come to, I realize that the workshop is gone.

Senpai's going to hate me for this, I just know it.

I can barely pull myself up.

The Playstation 2 is intact... but... I'm getting carried by a man with white hair.

"Ah, my Lady is awake."

Who...? Is that...

"My name is Setzer Gabbiani, and you have summoned both me and this enigmatic young woman beside me (The pink haired woman?!) to be your Riders for this Holy Grail War. Please, treat us well."

My mind is stunned. I summoned TWO Riders? But... isn't that completely against the Holy Grail's rules?!

-Fade Out-

-Setzer's Perspective-

I'm enslaved to a woman, again. This time, not by a promise, but by a bond.

Still, what I learned from when I was summoned, was interesting. Perhaps... if... I won this... I could have Daryl again? Or bring her back somehow? Or even have Celes as mine, like I had hoped for a while? I don't know.

I pull out a picture, and look at a painting of me and Daryl, silently. She looks so happy there...

-Fade Out-

PS. The best fanart for Setzer, for people that don't know him, would be http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=p...view&id=800311 right there. (Warning, porn ads ocasionally, there!)

Blog Entries
    Still cool.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    FFVI?

F*CK YEAH
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Certainly an interesting premise. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    FFVI?

F*CK YEAH
    Yup. I still own it on my SNES, too. Might get around to playing it again, but I've watched let's plays to ensure it would be as accurate as I can get for this... and as accurate as I can for Setzer's mannerisms, and mindset.

With this little accident, Sakura has both Medusa and Setzer as her "Rider". Mwahaha. Should turn out interesting, don't you agree?

I mean, considering Setzer can throw playing cards to shoot down what looked suspiciously like helicopters in the FMV for the Playstation version... Does he really need guns to be dangerous? I think not. Otherwise, I would've gone for someone with an airship that had cannons, like Cecil from Final Fantasy 4 instead.

And, for the record, the two first people that were possible was War, using his look from Darksiders (probably the most awesome version of War from the four horsemen that exist...) and Lucia, from Lunar 2. As a technicality, for her, but even still, she DID ride a ship for a while... and probably learned how to pilot it for an emergency, though it's not said in the game.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wait, that's Medusa? She has purple hair, not pink hair....

But, anyway, that was an interesting chapter. I have no idesa who this "Setzer" guy is, but I'm sure he'll be an interesting servant, and come to realise that his master is actually pretty damn nice (very much taken, of course, but, still...).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yup. And I wrote it as pink hair because they only got a glimpse, the entire area was screeching with awful noise, and the place blew up on them. They didn't get much more than a glimpse, and under the weird lighting, ect. they'd not realize it's purple yet.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ah, I see....

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yup. Sakura connected it with the pink haired woman she saw in the workshop, and it is late at night. *shrugs* I plan on making things rather interesting, sooner rather than later. Should be rather fun, honestly, to see how this turns out. I haven't settled on the full ending, myself, after all.

Of course, with Archer being able to shoot swords at around Mach 5, now... and Arcueid out for the slaughter... it should turn out fairly interesting, as far as it goes. Don't you agree?

Haven't done more Arcueid, because I'm still setting up the plot, though. Just got a few more chapters to go before I return to her and start it off with a bang.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RanmaBushiko View Post
    Of course, with Archer being able to shoot swords at around Mach 5, now... and Arcueid out for the slaughter... it should turn out fairly interesting, as far as it goes. Don't you agree?
    Yeah, it does look interesting.

I just hope Arc doesn't hurt Shirou or Sakura....

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    I just hope Arc doesn't hurt Shirou or Sakura....
    The way it will happen will probably be something like this:
    * Arc is approaching a situation which would otherwise see Arc kill them
    * Shiki finally wakes up
    * Arc starts attacking
    * Shiki arrives and convinces Arc to stop

It's the most dramatic way.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, this was a lot of work, on deciding how this would work out. Enjoy, though! And yes, misleading chapter title is misleading. It's funner that way.

Chapter 9: Two Riders, a Demon Lord, a Lancer, and an Archer... having a nasty meeting in a graveyard.

-Sakura's Perspective-

I'm so embarassed. I thought the female Rider's hair was pink, not purple, like I found this morning.

Thankfully, my other Rider, Setzer, is keeping Senpai too distracted from eyeballing her. I want his eyes only on me, Kami damn it!

Still, how the hell can she see through that blindfold? It's not like it's even there for her yet. Not to mention she didn't even bat an eye when she learned we have Laharl here...

"How are you, My Lady?"

Oh, it's Setzer. Mmm... he's kind of a beefcake, isn't he? I'll admit, he makes for very nice eye candy. That game definitely under-estimated how he looks.

...Oh, he asked me a question.

"I'm... still surprised at everything, honestly. We're still not completely sure on what's going on, except a wish is involved... and the books Grandfather left me were rather vague on this, except that the winning mage needs a servant to survive in order to claim the Holy Grail, which will grant one single wish."

"A wish..., yes. I learned a few things while coming here... Ah... is it true that airships are rare, here?"

I can only blink. Airships...? OH!

"Like the Blackjack, or the Falcon?"

He's smiling, and nodding slightly.

"They're far rarer, then the airplanes built to replace them. They're still used somewhat, but nowhere near as much... it's unfortunate, really. They were said to be pretty..."

Laughter from Laharl.

"AHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I've finally figured it out! I know how to summon minions now! All I have to be is in a fight!"

Brother. Is Laharl ALWAYS going to be like this? He might disturb our neighbors at this rate.

-Fade Out-

"Sakura, isn't today the day we always visit your brother's grave? Why don't we go, since it's a sunday?"

I blink, and then can only blush and nod. Senpai always remembers no matter how distracted I am. I'd feel foolish not visiting my brother's grave, after all... especially since him leaving kept me from getting raped by him under grandfather's orders... I should think of that later, though.

"Yeah. Let's go soon, but first... I want to know what my other rider's name is. I know Setzer's name... but I don't know hers."

She's... blushing slightly?

And now she's pulling me to a side area.

"Mistress Sakura, are you sure we should tell him?"

Eh? Oh, she doesn't know how far in a relationship I am with him. I can't help but blush.

"I want to marry him. I trust him with all my heart. And please, call me Sakura... it doesn't seem right to be called Mistress from someone like you."

It looks like she's almost frowning.

"Very well M... I mean, Sakura. I'll respect that. Will you give your wish to Setzer, then, or to Shirou...?"

Eh?

"Can't we get a wish each, one from the servant and one from the master? That means we can get as many wishes as we want, can't we? We could have their wishes come true, too, if it came down to it... except maybe Laharl's. I don't like how he acts with power, too much sometimes."

A brief nod. She's rather solemn, all the time, then. Not frowning, just serious.

"Very well, Sakura. My name is Medusa, from Greek Legend. It's... a pity it's probably been changed from what happened to me and my sisters."

Ah... thus her hesitation. That... makes sense.

"Would you rather be called Rider, then? Or would you rather they know your name? It's not like we can't work together for now, and in the end, won't I have the greatest advantage?"

She's looking like she's thinking about this. And finally nodding slowly.

"Indeed. And... it is rather wise to team up with Saber, even if he does seem to be a loudmouthed fool. They're usually the most balanced of all classes, after all. I... thank you for talking with me, Sakura. It's nice to do such things after what happened to me and my sisters."

I can't help but smile. Maybe I can crack her shell later?

"Of course, Rider. And I'll be here to talk with if you need me."

-Fade Out-

It's rather late, now. And we're heading back home from the graveyard, with our servants hidden by us, watching. Even if it doesn't look dangerous, it still is.

A little girl is up the street. I can't tell who the hell she is. Senpai seems to slightly recognize her, though... wait... the pictures of his father's wife...? She looks like her... a niece, perhaps?

"Hiiiiii, Onii-chan. It's been awhile since our father adopted you, after mother died and he abandoned me. How have you been?"

What...?! A sister? Senpai has a sister?!

And with the feeling of magic radiating off her from here...

Oh, I don't think we're going to like this.

Soundtrack: "The Summoned ~ Crisis Core OST"

"See, you stole daddy from me. And I don't like you very much for this. So I'm going to let Berserker kill you now! Have fun, Onii-chan!"

The girl's turning to look, and smirking more.

"Berserker. Kill them all."

Oh, SHIT.

-Fade Out-

The twin screams of panic from Shirou and Sakura are only eclipsed by Laharl's first strike at Berserker's sudden appearance and onrushing charge.

A dashing attack, sending Laharl forwards, visciously slashes Berserker, sending him him backwards... only 3 inches.

"What?! That was supposed to send you flying!"

Twin flashes go by him, cards?! and a spiked chain, aiming for the weakest spots on the human body. Halting Berserker's attack, that was sure to take Laharl's head from his body.

To no avail. The massive black giant is unphased by their attacks, in every way, and dashes in for the kill.

"Tch. Take this!"

Laharl's jump into the air, and flying forwards in a dashing slash with a cry of "Winged SLAYER!" meets Berserker's sword.

"What?!"

And to Laharl's horror, his sword is cut in half by the black giant's stone blade.

A massive wave of cards covers his hasty retreat, with Rider and Setzer giving him covering fire, to retreat and get away from the massive juggernaught's attack.

"Tch... I can't believe it. To cut such a great sword as a Yoshitsuna?!... I'll have to go with better!"

And, with a jump, a meteor slams into existence, and starts falling towards Berserker.

"AHHHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NOW DIE!"

The look of faint surprise on Berserker's face at Laharl riding a meteor of all things down at him, while laughing his fool head off, is amusing.

"BERSERKER, USE 100 Shooting Heads!"

And the black giant moves.

1 slash.

100 slashes, all within seconds of each other, attacking and carving up the massive meteor with ease.

"You've gotta be kidding me! You're seriously pissing me off...!"

And sending Laharl flying.

"Awww, and I thought Onii-chan would have a STRONG servant. Not some blue haired... weakling. Oh well, can't account for taste these days. Berserker, finish them!"

-Fade Out-

-Laharl's Perspective-

I'm hurt bad.

Even Baal's best wasn't equivalent to this guy's attacks. Even Baal in a goddamned PRINNY outfit didn't hurt as much as this guy does.

Is this my limit?

Or...

Yeah, that's it. I'll summon my minions! And if they summon their minions, I'll rain prinnies on this bastard until he STAYS DEAD!

-Fade Out-

Soundtrack: "Do Your Best, Girl! ~ Disgaea: Hour of Darkness OST"

The sight of Laharl getting back up was nearly unnoticed, as chains and cards tried to slow down Berserker's steady onslaught.

His scream of "Etna, Flonne, I summon you, as your Overlord! Help me with this, damn it!", however, was not.

And with a poof...

"Laharl, did you really need to summon us while we were busy? I mean, it's not like it's... important, right...? Oh, you idiotic jerk. You just HAD to summon us for a fight, didn't you?"

"Laharl... why did you summon us when we were dealing with your taxes. Unless you wanted us to fail to keep the castle... oh. It's important. Oh well, I'll teach you the power of love later!"

The smoke faded, to show Etna and Flonne, speaking at the same time. And to be greeted with abrupt silence at the newcomers to the battle.

"Onii-chan's servant can summon minions? They seem more flat chested then me, though..."

A twitch on Etna's face, mirrored by Flonne.

"Laharl. Who's that little girl that just called us flat chested?"

"She's the one who controls the big guy with the stone sword. He cut a Yoshitsuna in half with that damned thing. And as MY vassal, you'll help me kill him!"

And now a blank look on Flonne's face.

"A yoshitsuna? Wasn't that the sword you swore was unbreakable, Laharl?"

"Enough chattering, from you two. No matter how many Servants Onii-chan has, you'll die like any others! KILL THEM, BERSEKER!"

-Fade Out-

Soundtrack: "Beautiful Round Dance ~ Disgaea: Hour of Darkness OST"

The dash of Etna at Berserker is met by a huge roar, like the wind itself was moving.

As well as an attempted strike, coming far too close for comfort.

"Flonne, keep me healed, and heal up Laharl, damn it! I've gotta get a way to stop him!"

Attack after attack is attempted, using her spear at long enough range to keep him away, barely.

"Laharl, why are we only level 100? I would think we'd be stronger, considering we were level 9999, before!"

"Eh?!"

And a blow from Berserker ends Etna's onslaught, sending her flying into Laharl, like a batter hitting a home run.

But when the dust clears, she isn't there on top of him, unconscious, like she should be.

"Take this, you slimy bastard! Asteroid Drop!"

The spear impacts. And a barrage of arrows, shot by Flonne, distracts Berserker long enough to keep Etna safe from the blows from the monstrous sword.

"Tough skinned, huh? Well, let's see you handle this, then! PRINNY BARRAGE!"

A quizzical look on Berserker's face. Is it supposed to be raining purple bird like things with peg legs?

And then the world explodes around him as they impact, before exploding more as a cry from Medusa, a long shout of "Bellerophon!" reveals the use of her Noble Phantasm.

Once more, the world explodes, with a cry of "Ultimate attack! Divine RAY!", they can only stare in shock at it raining what looks like light beams, before the whole graveyard goes up in smoke.

-Fade Out-

-Sakura's Perspective-

"Time to get us out of here, my Lady."

Eh, Setzer's summoned something while we were watching the fight...?

Oh, Holy CRAP, that's the Blackjack from Final Fantasy 6! And he's pulling us all aboard while the dirt in the air hides us from view?!

I think I've got a great servant here.

"Time for us to go, while the monster down there's still thinking we're nearby! Stay quiet until we're off, ok my Lady?"

Silence, as the airship takes off. I'm amazed at how quiet the airship is, honestly...

And something just hit the deck below us. I can only watch in surprise at seeing a gravestone bounce up into view for a moment, before falling back down. My brother's gravestone, to be precise. Guess I don't have to visit his grave anytime soon... what with it's gravestone being the only way to find it. Gives me time to spend with Senpai, so I can't say I can complain, though.

I can only look up, hearing a creaking sound, right before Senpai falls into my lap, unconscious. With this last incident, I can't help but faint, from the day, and after finding Senpai's head land in my cleavage.

-Fade Out-

Blog Entries
    Still so very cool.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Recorder of the World Lines AzureGrimoire's Avatar
    I thought it will be serious...
    I guess I should have read Bloodlust 1...

This bond we have is like poison... Just one drop would destroy them all, no prisoners taken...
    Yuuhei Satellite - Tsuki ni Murakumo, Hana ni Kaze

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AzureGrimoire View Post
    I thought it will be serious...
    I guess I should have read Bloodlust 1...
    The Death of Bloodlust was my take on Tsukihime's "True Ending" for Arcueid, if Shiki had a "Wait a Moment, can't my eyes kill everything here? Then why can't it kill Arcueid's Bloodlust?", and taking it from there.

It was my second story, and my writing suffered a bit because I was still partially wrapped up in Blades Under a Crimson Moon, so I didn't write things as well as I could have, but it turned out ok in the end.

I added a lot of humorous events to it as well. Such as the killer Bunny from monty python having been found by Crimson Moon brunestud, and breeding under Castle Brunestud for years... as well as Hisui's cooking gaining sentience.

This story follows the "Bad End" for The Death of Bloodlust. Not the good ending. So it's more morbid. Arcueid's out to kill everyone, and most likely will say "fuck it" and go ahead with her wish even if she finds out about the grail being corrupted..., Shiki's trying to figure out how to stop her, Archer's the Archer from Blades Under A Crimson Moon, with years of practice with his Reality Marble turned Marble Phantasm under his belt... and poor Shirou, as well as Sakura, are still trying to figure out everything that's going on.

And yeah, the chapter's title was misleading a bit. But Etna, if adapted from Disgaea like Laharl was, would be a Lancer. And Flonne an Archer.

I didn't mention Berserker on purpose. Had to leave a BIT of a surprise in there, right?