Page 62 of 302 FirstFirst ... 12525760616263646772112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Don't worry, the liquid is resplendent Incarnite Azurnum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    So, there's no thread in the vein of "Help me find this fanfic", so this will do. Anyone remember a story with a Shirou/Saber tag team, in which they work for the Association, ride a bike, hunt DA's, and Saber somehow has Alter inside her head waiting to be unleashed, so she wears some kind of limiter gloves? My gut says Elf wrote this, but I don't remember if it was in old BL or was reposted here.
    Quick search in the back end of this subforum says that the story you're looking for was lost in the old BL. It wasn't that bad if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnite Azurnum View Post
    Quick search in the back end of this subforum says that the story you're looking for was lost in the old BL. It wasn't that bad if I recall.
    My search tells me the same. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Canon implausibilities/contraventions

EMIYA = Caster with A+++ prana.
    Medea can use Argon Coin and can ride dragons.
    Saber is dunked in AM and breaks free without Avalon.
    The Einzberns, despite still seemingly being betrayed by Kiritsugu, decided to summon Herakles as a Saber: a hugely powerful hero who's going to get masses of MR from his class to help him fight their commands.
    Cú's base ME rank is merely C, and he still talks and reasons despite even ME: C being enough to cut those off.
    Saber variant in Lancer class (questionable given her different background).

Especially that first one is just ... what?
    I think people can't resist some of this stuff because it feels pointless that things like Argon Coin, Rhongomyniad, Carnwennan, and Nine Lives Blade Works exist with no obvious way for their actual owners to use them as Servants.
    Last edited by MetallicMask; May 8th, 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicMask View Post
    I think people can't resist some of this stuff because it feels pointless that things like Argon Coin, Rhongomyniad, Carnwennan, and Nine Lives Blade Works exist with no obvious way for their actual owners to use them as Servants.
    No one can use Argon Coin, though. And "Nine Lives Blade Works" is exclusive to HF Shirou.
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    No one can use Argon Coin, though. And "Nine Lives Blade Works" is exclusive to HF Shirou.
    You base the first one on...? If someone can summon phantasmal beasts they can use the Golden Fleece. Says it right there in the game. CM2 or 3 might have something else to say but I haven't seen the translations for golden fleece before. If Medea had a skill to summon instead of item creation because of being in a seperate class container for whatever reason or something...

As for the second:
    Quote Originally Posted by cm3
    Nine Lives – Shooting of Hundred Heads (Cannot be used while in the Berserker Class)
    Type: -
    Range: -
    Maximum Targets: -

Among Heracles’ Noble Phantasms, he trusted this one the most. It was the Noble Phantasm which Heracles used to slay the immortal nine-headed serpent Hydra once upon a time, taking the form of bow and arrow. After killing the Hydra, Heracles could even utilise techniques that emulate the ability of this Noble Phantasm when wielding other weapons. In essence, it is “a high speed attack consisting of nine consecutive strikes, as swift as if the attacks are overlapping”. Even when delivered via sword, spear, or axe, this technique still boasts power on the level of Noble Phantasms. Also, just like Cú Chulainn’s demonic spear Gae Bolg has a technique called “Gae Bolg – Piercing Death Thorn”, Heracles’ technique shares the “Nine Lives – Shooting of Hundred Heads” name with the Noble Phantasm.

Shirou projected this secret sword technique while projecting Heracles’ Axe Sword, thus annihilating the Blackened Heracles. While summoned as a Berserker, Heracles could not use Nine Lives.
    So calling the technique nine lives blade works is exclusive to Shirou because of the last two words, the technique itself isn't.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Going to add a +1 to Path of the King.

It's a very fun story, mostly lighthearted and basically takes the idea of Shirou wanting to be a superhero and just flat out making him one. Shriou's Adventures in Fighting Crime are great. He and Rin have some good rivalry chemistry going on too. It also does a good job with:
    Spoiler:
    Caster's character. Her gradual shift from the rather bitter mage who was just basically taking advantage of Shirou to someone who was genuinely doing (some) nice things and liking him was well done.

Plus, you know, Christmas Cake moe~
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicMask View Post
    Which is fine, but when you start a fanfic project, you recognise that you're using someone else's universe and need to abide by their laws to some extent. When you see one of these 'pointless' things (and I don't think I'd argue that any of them are actual pointless as it stands), if you must work them in, you at least should try it by way of something that fits with the established universe. The betrayed Einzbern summoning the high-MR class for a hideously powerful warrior even by Heroic Servant standards is not fitting; Medea using skills she's explicitly said not to have is not fitting, etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    If Medea had a skill to summon instead of item creation because of being in a seperate class container for whatever reason or something...
    1) It's been noted in several discussions around here that the class container generally has very limited effects on Servants. Your class skills have some emphasis, your stats are tweaked, and that's about the extent of it; the most impactful thing that could be there is no God Hand for non-Berserker Herakles. And that's never been stated, it's just what happens if you combine Side Material and a random interview and take a particular spin on the implications.
    2) 'Medea does not have the skills to do this' implies to me that Medea doesn't have those skills, not that she's getting screwed for being Caster. (For this and the previous point, compare Medusa's Independent Action).
    3) Rider -> Riding makes sense to me. Rider -> that skill which Riding definitely isn't because Riding doesn't do dragons makes less sense. And Rider -> summoning magic is there but is tenuous in comparison to the actual Riding skills we know that the class does bring express.
    4) Just to cap it off, Medea might have helped steal the Fleece itself, but she's certainly not the one who summoned its protector dragon. Her using it is at odds with the legend in the first place and I think that's what Nasu's been getting at here.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    1) It's been noted in several discussions around here that the class container generally has very limited effects on Servants. Your class skills have some emphasis, your stats are tweaked, and that's about the extent of it; the most impactful thing that could be there is no God Hand for non-Berserker Herakles. And that's never been stated, it's just what happens if you combine Side Material and a random interview and take a particular spin on the implications.
    2) 'Medea does not have the skills to do this' implies to me that Medea doesn't have those skills, not that she's getting screwed for being Caster. (For this and the previous point, compare Medusa's Independent Action).
    3) Rider -> Riding makes sense to me. Rider -> that skill which Riding definitely isn't because Riding doesn't do dragons makes less sense. And Rider -> summoning magic is there but is tenuous in comparison to the actual Riding skills we know that the class does bring express.
    4) Just to cap it off, Medea might have helped steal the Fleece itself, but she's certainly not the one who summoned its protector dragon. Her using it is at odds with the legend in the first place and I think that's what Nasu's been getting at here.
    Ehhhhh I'm waaaaaaay too lazy to care about debating this. Except that your last point was a waste of breath because Bellephron. But the first point I made still stands, someone with the argon coin who can summon phantasmal beasts can use it. Caster's inability is based upon her lack of a summoning ability because that's what it says.

Blog Entries
    Except that your last point was a waste of breath because Bellephron.
    Bellerophon is a bridle. Medusa's ability to summon her Pegasus is presumably innate to herself and never appears in her Servant stats at all. Certainly it has no provable connection to whether she's in the Rider class or not.

But the first point I made still stands, someone with the argon coin who can summon phantasmal beasts can use it. Caster's inability is based upon her lack of a summoning ability because that's what it says.
    Yes, but then you tried to make her have that summoning ability, which clearly doesn't work because we lack evidence to suggest that class containers work that way at all.
    Last edited by Seika; May 8th, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't the Pegasus always come out of Medusa's neck in the legends anyway? That works well with what happened in F/SN. The weird part is the fact she rides it, I don't remember Medusa riding flying horses.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Well what else are you going to do with a flying horse?
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sell it and make billions?

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Bellerophon is a bridle. Medusa's ability to summon her Pegasus is presumably innate to herself and never appears in her Servant stats at all. Certainly it has no provable connection to whether she's in the Rider class or not.

Yes, but then you tried to make her have that summoning ability, which clearly doesn't work because we lack evidence to suggest that class containers work that way at all.
    A bridle enabling a feat only tangentially related to the heroic spirit and at odds with the legend in the first place, was my point.

And you're forgetting the all important "or something", I was just throwing out a random ass seemingly workable solution on its face without much thought put behind it. The thing that we know is that item creation and summoning are mutually exclusive abilities; having a noble phantasm that operates under the principle of summoning will lock out item creation in favor of summoning. It could very well be that Medea has a summoning ability weaker than her item creation skill that was locked out because the strongest is the survivor or something, and it's existence is why Golden Fleece is in her inventory in the first place. It's just the class containers gimp her. /fullwank

Having different facets unlocked by different classes actually is a thing we kinda sorta know though, isn't it? Or at least know enough to infer. Because Diamurid. Because Herakles. Medea's lack of sealed abilities save the Fleece isn't really indicative of her being one such hero though.
    Last edited by Kelnish; May 8th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    A bridle enabling a feat only tangentially related to the heroic spirit and at odds with the legend in the first place, was my point.
    You realize that Nasuverse history/legend doesn't match up with "our own", right? And then there's Gilles de Rais summoning Cthulhu.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    You realize that Nasuverse history/legend doesn't match up with "our own", right? And then there's Gilles de Rais summoning Cthulhu.
    I didn't bring it up, and I had no clue that a property featuring a female king arthur took liberties with its source material. What I said holds true for both the Nasuverse and as far as I'm aware most if not all versions of her myth anyway.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    Sell it and make billions?
    Wrong. Stud it out and make billions.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alulim View Post
    Wrong. Stud it out and make billions.
    I am now imagining a blinged out Pegasus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    I am now imagining a blinged out Pegasus.
    Handsome Jack's Pegasus.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Handsome Jack's Pegasus.
    butt stallion with wings?
    Name:  083247b8-724d-46f3-9ad8-5c8f575d054c.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  10.0 KB

"Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest."