Page 288 of 782 FirstFirst ... 188238278283286287288289290293298338388 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Medea is still Georgian!
    So was Stalin!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    So was Stalin!
    Now someone could/has-to make a Servant profile where Stalin is related to Medea - and thus Helios!
    'cause it would either be hilarious and silly, or turn out rather decently. XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    See, this line makes or breaks your ( and, by extension, mine ) argument. The Romano-Briton population of Britain did split into countless petty kingdoms and tribal/clan factions after the Roman troops left the island in 407 and the Roman administration followed suit in 410. The area of Wales, which was never fully Romanised, had achieved independence from the Roman rule back in 383. By the end of the 5th century it was already divided into at least half a dozen kingdoms ( Gwent, Gwyneed, Powys... ).

However, Wales and the Welsh Britons didn't become a distinct nation among the Britonic realms immediately after the Roman withdrawal - it only happened after the Saxons renewed their conquest of Britain in the mid-6th century ( following their disastrous defeat in the Battle of Badon Hill sometime around 500 CE ) and overran the Britons living in the lowlands of England, pushing the remaining Britons into the hills of Wales and Cornwall. True, the Britons were by no means a uniform, singular nation up until then ( I expressed myself wrong ), but their realms were stretching continuously from the Antonine Wall to Winchester up to the middle of the 6th century. So your statement that the Welsh were already a special group of the Britons in the early 5th century is false.
    I think the Anglo-Saxons had already separated Cornwall from the rest of the Britons at this point. Mercia was certainly not occupied until the 6th century, but I don't see why that poses such an incredible problem for Welsh cultural development. In any case. When I say "The Romans withdrew from Britain" I mean the entire process, just not the removal of the legions. The resistance against the Anglo-Saxons were first led by Roman upper classe, after all, such as Aurelius Ambrosius so in that way the Romans had not truly left until the Anglo-Saxons had displaced them. So no, my statement was not that they were Welsh by the early 5th since my statement included more than the early 5th century.

Ignoring your interpretation of what I say, there are indeed historians who consider the Welsh to have emerged out of the Britons at this time, regardless of what you say. The fact that they were part of the non-Roman Britain probably helped.

Even then, this only applies if King Arthur was a person from the early 5th century, and since many consider his most likely connection to real events to be the battle you yourself mentioned as taking place around the early 6th century, the Battle of Badon Hill, it is more likely he was involved in the very process which created the Welsh. In many ways this makes a lot of sense, as that might be why they wrote so extensively about it. If anything, it makes me feel like asking "If the Welsh felt that they had such a connection to King Arthur, why should we consider that as well?".

The enemy may have a missile, but we have... Doc Havoc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Having read the last few pages of this thread...

Polly, Petrikow, I want either one of you to marry me now.

Hmmmm so Polly is a skilled writer and historical debater. Take me now!

:P

Sorry, felt I had to out do teh Doc. Not sure if I succeeded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    Just embrace the trolling and enjoy it like a fine croissant.

The enemy may have a missile, but we have... Doc Havoc's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No problem. Let's wait for the response together like bros.

Blog Entries
    I am flattered. If you want to prove your affection, go read my fic and leave a comment.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    I am flattered. If you want to prove your affection, go read my fic and leave a comment.
    You remind me, I need to catch up on that.

Creator's Notes: Yes, I made THIS profile and yes, I wrote it with the idea that it was going to be a somewhat serious profile, though feel free to take this as serious as you desire. Be offended, laugh or give honest critique on the Servant. I don't really care. :P God, in the Christian sense, doesn't exist in the Nasuverse but this idea takes the thought that perhaps God did exist but was simply a particularly powerful Divine Spirit and had a demigod child. So allow me to introduce the Ruler class Servant, Jesus Christ. And yes, before anyone says anything, his second Noble Phantasm was mainly meant to be a joke and is the only not really serious part of the profile.

Class:
    Ruler (Can also be summoned as Caster)
    Identity: Jesus of Nazareth
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Appearance:
    He's Jesus, I don't think I need to describe him. If you don't know what he looks like then Google him.

Personality:
    His personality is much as it was depicted in the Bible, though when acting as the Ruler class Servant in the Holy Grail War he is less the forgiving teacher and more an impartial judge. In all honesty he finds the concept of the Grail War ridiculous but sees his summoning as a task given to him by his father and oversees the war with impartial eyes, though he does help any Servant or Master that comes to him looking for guidance.

Were he to be summoned in a Grail War as Caster he would prefer not to engage in combat with the others, instead he would want to determine specifics about the Grail itself. Though he may fight, if he finds any of the participants to be particularly evil aligned and dangerous to humanity(Like Gilles or Kotomine).

Strength: C
    Agility: D
    Endurance: C
    Mana: A+
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:

Territory Creation: A+
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Creation of a "Cathedral", which is superior to a "Temple", becomes possible.

Personal Skills:

Divinity: A
    The child of the God of the Christian faith. Perhaps the most famous demigod in the world, and was said to have ascended to Heaven and true divinity upon his death and resurrection.

High-Speed Divine Words: A
    The power to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. As such, it is power long lost by modern magi. High-Thaumaturgy-level Magecraft can be cast at the speed of Single-Action spells. Jesus' Magecraft is not something that he was taught or learned, but is rather something inherent to him due to his divine status. It was through his powerful Magecraft that he performed the miracles attributed to him.

Battle Continuation: C
    Before his crucifixion, Jesus was severely beaten and made to carry his own cross to the site of his crucifixion. Even when severely wounded Jesus may still act at full capacity though particularly vicious or fatal wounds shall impede, and likely kill him.

Inspiring Martyr: A
    Due to while having not truly led people in life, rather his 'followers' are those who have dedicated to the teachings he has left behind. This gifts him with the Charisma of an equal rank when dealing with those that follow the faith spawned by his teachings, even if they have diverged greatly, as long as he remains an iconic image or person for them.
    Note: Knick came up with this skill, was fitting after thinking on it for a while.

Noble Phantasms:

Name: Resurrectione Christi (Don't like the name but it was all I could think of at the time)
    Title: The Three Day Resurrection
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 1
    Effect: The most well known part of the story of Jesus is the account of his death and resurrection. As the tale goes, three days after his death Christ came back to life and ascended to heaven. This event has been crystallized as Jesus' primary Noble Phantasm and allows him to, upon death, revive three days later in the exact same condition he was when first summoned.

Name: Crucifix
    Title: Symbol of the Holy Faith
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 1
    Effect: The cross on which Jesus was crucified. The cross became the most recognizable symbol of Christianity and is normally used to bolster the faithful, however the large wooden cross he was crucified on also makes a very effective bludgeon. Due to its holy nature it deals extra damage against demonic foes. This Noble Phantasm goes largely unused as Jesus prefers not to use violence against the other Servants and Masters.
    Last edited by Knight of Khaos; May 29th, 2013 at 01:59 AM.

英霊 Heroic Spirit
    How effective is the resurection phantasm?
    Is it retained in caster class?
    Can it recreate the body from a destroyed spiritual core?
    Or from atomization?
    Can it even pull the soul back out of the grail?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    "Gilgamesh is always right, even when he's wrong."

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure Jesus should actually have the crappiest luck imaginable.

Luck is the ability to defy destiny. He spent his entire life following The Plan.
    Last edited by Siriel; May 25th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Discounting that Jesus is non-summonable because he's not a demigod, rather actually god, trinity and all that, I have to say that he's a little to weak. Not often I make that complaint. But seriously, can you get more famous? He's pretty damn old too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KhaosSaber View Post
    Though he may fight, if he finds any of the participants to be particularly evil aligned and dangerous to humanity(Like Gilles or Kotomine).
    Nah, see, Jesus would advise Kirei to give up his wicked ways of sadism and become a dentist.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, he's probably too weak. His powers were pretty hax; bringing life back from the dead, changing the molecular structure of things(and perhaps even the atmoic structure), defeating entire armies of demons and shit at Armageddon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    Yeah, he's probably too weak. His powers were pretty hax; bringing life back from the dead, changing the molecular structure of things(and perhaps even the atmoic structure), defeating entire armies of demons and shit at Armageddon.
    Then there's also the going down to "the Grave" - arguably Sheol or Tartarus - and defeated Death/Hades.
    "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? Oh death, where is your sting?"
    Last edited by Lycodrake; May 25th, 2013 at 09:29 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Emiya Kurou View Post
    How effective is the resurection phantasm?
    Is it retained in caster class?
    Can it recreate the body from a destroyed spiritual core?
    Or from atomization?
    Can it even pull the soul back out of the grail?
    Yes, his resurrection is his primary Phantasm so he has it regardless of his class. Not sure about the atomization thing as when a Servant dies their body disappears anyways. In regards to how effective it is, basically when he dies, regardless of how he died his body vanishes like any other Servant but doesn't go into the Grail like normal. Instead it just goes dormant wherever he died and in three days he is fully revived exactly as he was when first summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I'm pretty sure Jesus should actually have the crappiest luck imaginable.

Luck is the ability to defy destiny. He spent his entire life following The Plan.
    He's not Lancer level bad luck so I couldn't justify giving him shit tier luck but you are right, he didn't fight fate or anything so I just gave him average C rank luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Discounting that Jesus is non-summonable because he's not a demigod, rather actually god, trinity and all that, I have to say that he's a little to weak. Not often I make that complaint. But seriously, can you get more famous? He's pretty damn old too.
    This version of Jesus is basically like Nasuverse Heracles. Was a demigod and when he died and resurrected he ascended to proper Divine Spirithood. So in this hypothetical he's perfectly summonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Nah, see, Jesus would advise Kirei to give up his wicked ways of sadism and become a dentist.
    Early on in beginnning days of the the war yes, I can agree he'd try to teach Kirei the error of his ways. But if we're talking Kirei right at the end of the 5th War when it's basically "stop him or All the World's Evil is born!" Then yeah, in my opinion Jesus would probably start handing out divine whoopass.

As for his level of power, I think he's pretty powerful. He's got high stats for a non-melee combat Servant and he has AoG level magic so pretty much everything Medea could do but likely more due to greater fame boost. If you guys have any suggestions on things I'm all ears. I made this profile with the idea that it would be somewhat serious so any suggestions on making the profile better are welcome.
    Last edited by Knight of Khaos; May 25th, 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Even E rank luck gives you 10 times the normal human ability to defy fate. The idea that Lancer's "suffer" because of low luck is a meme, Cu Chulainn and Diarmuid are vastly more lucky than you or I.

I don't see how being more famous would make his magecraft more powerful than Medea's. I think the fame bonus only works on stats and NPs. Personally I'd have given him Marble Phantasm instead of magecraft. His ability to change molecular and atomic structures, as well as his divine right over the world seems to suggest to me that it should be more powerful than meer magecraft from the AoG.

I'd also give him the Unified Language considering he is the shepherd of humanity and some other biblical stuff about him being able to make people do stuff just by commanding it.

I'm also wondering why no Charisma stat? Jesus was so charismatic that hes acquired billions of followers and people still follow him 2000 years after his death.

At the moment he's no more powerful than Medea.
    Last edited by BlackField; May 25th, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'm also wondering why no Charisma stat? Jesus was so charismatic that hes acquired billions of followers and people still follow him 2000 years after his death.
    Jesus certainly didn't have billions of followers. The religion in which he's a major figure does in modern days, which isn't really all that dependant on his personal charisma.

And charisma is about ruling/leading people, which he didn't do back when he was alive. (Well, he led people in a religious sense, but he didn't exactly raise armies or forge a kingdom.)
    Last edited by Siriel; May 25th, 2013 at 10:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Dude, he leads people right now. Theres billions of christians who follow his readings, when a question arises in their life they go to the Bible and use his words and follow them.

Blog Entries
    Even E rank luck gives you 10 times the normal human ability to defy fate.
    argh
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?