Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

Quote Originally Posted by meevanhelot View Post
    Massively outmatched with near zero chance of winning is when Shirou is at his best as a character though. People with everything going for them are boring as shit.
    Exactly. It's perfect for him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Aoi was dead before the Fifth. Why would Tokiomi met her?
    Screw-up on my part. Late night, not thinking carefully about what I type. I mean when he found out about what happened to her.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    So... not much changes? I mean, bad as Tokiomi is on the parenting front, after he died Rin was raised by Kirei.
    Ya but ultimetly Rin at least acheived her goals and was generally happy (we assume).

With Tokiomi she lives a crap life in general, not just her childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Just realised Fourth War Saber is fucked if she goes up against Cuchulain. Luck is her dump stat.

You know, I'd actually like to see Waver and Shirou team up.

Shirou doesn't have Rin anymore. Neither Waver nor Shirou really want the Vessel for anything. Shirou wants to stop evil people from taking it, and Waver wants to prove Kayneth wrong.

Imagine the character interactions. Waver's basically an angrier male Rin. Shirou's still a determined blockhead. Alex and Saber are different incarnations of heroism, and Saber remembers Alex from the Fourth War. The two Servants will probably verbally spar throughout the War. Shirou will get a master class in living by your ideals...and when to compromise on them.

That would be pretty awesome yeah.

Blog Entries
    Now this would be interesting especially since the Caster's and Assassin's focus on mass scrying and would be able to watch the chaos unfold, it would also be interesting seeing the 4th war master teaming up or fighting against the 5th war ones only to have even more of them intervene and mess things up. (Like the first time it happened in Zero of course.)

Now another thing or two to think about is Bazett and Zouken with his Assassin it would especially interesting to have them while also keeping Sasaki and Cu under Kirei.

Perhaps Kayneth and Caster team up? Kayneth seeing how he gets defeated last time is determined not to let it happen again.

Or possibly Shinji and Kariya would also be interesting.
    Last edited by Milbunk; July 15th, 2013 at 12:02 AM.

You could probably do it from three or four major viewpoints: Team Tohsaka (probably through Rin), Team Einzbern/Emiya (probably through Kiritsugu), and Team HEROES FOR JUSTICE (either Shirou or Waver would do -- possibly both. I'd enjoy writing poor, poor Waver in first person for this). Older Kirei remains the man behind the curtain.

The Matous, Caster, or even El-Melloi might do okay as a fourth perspective.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    Though it'd be hilarious if they end up liking each other. Somehow.

Imagine the horror of Team-Gil-And-Kirei-Twins
    They both decide the other is the only human worthy of existence.

And they both take the grail and create their cute, little treehouse where they proceed to slap a sign on the door that says "No Mongrels Allowed"

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Now this would be interesting especially since the Caster's and Assassin's focus on mass scrying and would be able to watch the chaos unfold, it would also be interesting seeing the 4th war master teaming up or fighting against the 5th war ones only to have even more of them intervene and mess things up. (Like the first time it happened in Zero of course.)

Now another thing or two to think about is Bazett and Zouken with his Assassin it would especially interesting to have them while also keeping Sasaki and Cu under Kirei.
    Oh, yeah. You probably could add Bazett as well. Handless or not.

Perhaps Kayneth and Caster team up? Kayneth seeing how he gets defeated last time is determined not to let it happen again.
    I wonder whether Medea would loathe him or get along reasonably well. They share an interest in magic and tragic love lives, but they're both kinda terrible people.

Kayneth would be fun as a dark horse. Nobody initially expects the guy who died by Origin Bullet to put up a fight without any allies. Fortunately, Ilya just complicated Kiritsugu's life, and Kayneth got a wake up call when he learned how the Fourth War ended.

Or possibly Shinji and Kariya would also be interesting.
    Shinji alternately acts arrogant and guilty like the little snot he is. Kariya and Rider probably get along a lot better.

Waver would be good, especially for making the general interactions among the team more light-hearted, but you'd need to switch to SHirou sometimes to deal with the conflict that comes as a result of having Kiritsugu as his enemy, since that would be a pretty massive deal.

Blog Entries
    Heh I could see it now, Caster and Kayneth were both people who got killed off prematurely in most of their stories, yet in the end they turn out to be the biggest threat and possibly win the whole thing out of nowhere.

Perhaps Caster decides to invade Kayneth's hotel for some reason and easily just walks through it ignoring or disabling all the threats around her with ease. The look of realization on his face as he realizes it would be awesome.
    Last edited by Milbunk; July 15th, 2013 at 12:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Waver would be good, especially for making the general interactions among the team more light-hearted, but you'd need to switch to SHirou sometimes to deal with the conflict that comes as a result of having Kiritsugu as his enemy, since that would be a pretty massive deal.
    Even better, thanks to Shirou having a big mouth Kerry realizes he can use this kid. He proposes an alliance and proceeds to lead the lad by the nose until he's outlived his usefulness...

Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven2785 View Post
    And they both take the grail and create their cute, little treehouse where they proceed to slap a sign on the door that says "No Mongrels Allowed"
    Gil is one of Calvin's many daydream alter-egos from Calvin & Hobbes. A Throne of Heroes cubicle worker misfiled the real Gilgamesh somewhere, and grabbed the first thing he could find.

(I kid, I kid...)

- - - Updated - - -

Even better, thanks to Shirou having a big mouth Kerry realizes he can use this kid. He proposes an alliance and proceeds to lead the lad by the nose until he's outlived his usefulness...
    Leaving Ilya even more emotionally conflicted than she was before.

Dad did it to her, and now he's doing it to Shirou. Doesn't exactly make her feel all that secure...

- - - Updated - - -

Heh I could see it now, Caster and Kayneth were both people who got killed off prematurely in most of their stories, yet in the end they turn out to be the biggest threat and possibly win the whole thing out of nowhere.

Perhaps Caster decides to invade Kayneth's hotel for some reason and easily just walks through it ignoring or disabling all the threats around her with ease. The look of realization on his face as he realizes it would be awesome.
    Diarmuid's enchantment cancelling spear and UNDYING LOYALTY gives him pretty good counters against some of Medea's stuff, come to think of it. Medea's a "safe" ally for Kayneth compared to some of the other crazies.
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; July 15th, 2013 at 12:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Leaving Ilya even more emotionally conflicted than she was before.

Dad did it to her, and now he's doing it to Shirou. Doesn't exactly make her feel all that secure...
    This in turn makes Illya sympathizes with Shirou. Making her turn against her father and mother to fight with her adopted brother.

Its a whole new take on the Illya route.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Shinji alternately acts arrogant and guilty like the little snot he is. Kariya and Rider probably get along a lot better.
    Am I the only one that sees older Kirei at some point tormenting Kariya with the fact that it was him that killed Aoi?
    Sounds to me like something he'd do.

Either that or lead him by the nose again by pretending to be his ally much like he did in the 4th. It never gets old.

There is potential for lots of great conflict and character development here.

Ouch Raven. You are evil.
    I approve of this idea.

But then, if Kiritsugu spent enough time with Shirou, it's likely there would also be conflict forming on the former's side. Especially once Shirou talked to him in detail about how he was inspired by him and just how far he's willing to go to make Kiritsugu's dream come true in his stead.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Am I the only one that sees older Kirei at some point tormenting Kariya with the fact that it was him that killed Aoi?
    Sounds to me like something he'd do.

Either that or lead him by the nose again by pretending to be his ally much like he did in the 4th. It never gets old.
    Or both. Kirei tells Kariya about Aoi's death, and then picks up the pieces and reassembles them into a pawn.

Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post

There is potential for lots of great conflict and character development here.

Ouch Raven. You are evil.
    I approve of this idea.

But then, if Kiritsugu spent enough time with Shirou, it's likely there would also be conflict forming on the former's side. Especially once Shirou talked to him in detail about how he was inspired by him and just how far he's willing to go to make Kiritsugu's dream come true in his stead.
    Y'know, Kiritsugu is shaping up to be a pretty good villain for this. Not a deliberate villain, which just makes it better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    This in turn makes Illya sympathizes with Shirou. Making her turn against her father and mother to fight with her adopted brother.

Its a whole new take on the Illya route.
    This could get interesting. And by the time Kiritsugu starts working on Shirou, he's already wasted a couple days trying to put his own daughter's psyche back together with some REALLY belated parent-daughter time.

Shirou and Waver have probably teamed up at that point, so Waver goes ballistic when Shirou gradually drifts toward Kiritsugu's camp.

And Ilya? Well, she's wondering whether Kiritsugu's goodwill was all a sham. He's just left her for Shirou again...and he's planning to kill Shirou for his "goal"...and let her mother die. B-but he wouldn't kill his own daughter for the sake of world peace! Definitely not!

...Would he?

Blog Entries
    Y'know, Kiritsugu is shaping up to be a pretty good villain for this. Not a deliberate villain, which just makes it better.
    I approve of this statement, Kerry becoming a villain for this just fits so well with his point of view of his ideals it's not even funny.

Also, yes. Kariya needs to be trolled by Kirei, either one. If it doesn't happen the fic FAILS!

Blog Entries
    ...Would he?
    *laughter*

Old Kirei is going to have a field day with this.

Blog Entries
    And Ilya? Well, she's wondering whether Kiritsugu's goodwill was all a sham. He's just left her for Shirou again...and he's planning to kill Shirou for his "goal"...and let her mother die. B-but he wouldn't kill his own daughter for the sake of world peace! Definitely not!

...Would he?
    ... Oh dear God, let's see - would Kiritsugu be willing to sacrifice Ilya if it meant he can be together with Irisviel? They only need one Grail...
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)