Page 313 of 782 FirstFirst ... 213263303308311312313314315318323363413 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Creating a servant only for it to die is... pitiful.
    Oh really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant morghulis.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Gaboogie's Avatar
    Is this better?
    Try this:

Str: C
    Agi: B
    End: C
    Mana: D
    Luck: B

And have him fight smarter, not harder; instead of wanking him with overblown stats, make him use that tactical brain and military strategies skill you've given him so he doesn't get roflstomped.

There, I fixed it so he's not horribly overwanked and still gets the respect you want him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaboogie View Post
    Try this:

And have him fight smarter, not harder; instead of wanking him with overblown stats, make him use that tactical brain and military strategies skill you've given him so he doesn't get roflstomped.

There, I fixed it so he's not horribly overwanked and still gets the respect you want him to.
    Looks legit.
    Of course, that would likely be a Rider.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well yes, but those Skills also need some retouching: his Magic Resistance and Riding ranks make absolutely no sense, I have absolutely no idea where he got Clairvoyance and Vitrification from, and while a skilled strategist indeed, I would hesitate before giving him an A: Bolívar's armies were always relatively small and simple in their composition; they did not really have the logistic demands the world's great military leaders ever had to deal with.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    Well, I finished the profile for Saber Afonso I, so there you go guys! Portuguese supremacy!

Afonso I, the First King Of Portugal

Dom Afonso Henriques, O Conquistador, El-Bortukali

Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Parameters

Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Luck: D

Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance C
    This skill represents one's protection against magical effects. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are canceled, but it cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Since he himself does not have any Magic Resistance nor did he face enemies that wielded magic against him, Afonso sports a low level unbecoming of the Saber class.

Personal Skills

Charisma B
    Represents the natural talent to command others and inspire morale. This level is suitable for the King of a country, and Afonso Henriques did establish Portugal as an independent kingdom and become its first King, Afonso I.

Military Tactics C
    A skill that gauges tactical knowledge for battles involving large numbers of combatants. Improves the effectiveness of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm with bonus modifiers, or when dealing with an opponent's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. Afonso Henriques was an accomplished commander that distinguished himself during the Reconquista, during the which he doubled Portugal's territory. His most famous achievements against the Moors in battle were during the Battle of Ourique, the Conquest Of Santarém and the Siege of Lisbon.

Bravery B
    This is the ability to resist and negate mental interference such as fear, pressure, confusion and fascination by means of one's own force of will and extraordinary courage. In life, Afonso demonstrated great mettle on numerous occasions that allowed him to come through unscathed despite the risks. Several times, he joined his men on the battlefield when it would be most dangerous. He raised an army and took control of his mother's lands before they risked becoming part of another country, and time and time again he defied the suzerainty of King Alfonso VII of Léon in his quest to make Portugal an independent country. Due to successfully challenging Alfonso's VII rule over him, this ability also negates Charisma of the same rank.

Noble Phantasms

Mata-Mouros - A Weight For Ten Men

Type: Anti-Unit

The famed sword of Afonso Henriques, named Moor-Slayer in Portuguese for his exploits against them in Reconquista, said to require anything from five to ten men to be carried, so great was its weight. It is in fact a large cross-shaped sword, nearly as tall as Afonso, and extraordinarily heavy even for its size.

It is a durable Noble Phantasm especially effective against those of the Muslim faith, and thanks to its legend, it has the added passive effect of its strikes being several times heavier than its actual structure and Afonso's Strength would allow them to be, making him able to trade blows with Servants of higher Strength. It also requires anyone other than Afonso to need exceptional strength to even be able to pick it up or carry it.

Desafio Do Rei - The Unaccepted Duel

Type: Anti-Unit

Afonso is said to have wanted to engage in personal combat with other monarchs of the time, but to his regret, none dared accept his challenge. This Noble Phantasm is the manifestation of Afonso's desire to do battle with those he considered his equals.

Upon activation as a spoken challenge to a duel, the receiver of the challenge is bound by the power of this Noble Phantasm. He must accept the challenge of the king, or else the disappointment and persistence of Afonso shall bear down on him through the Noble Phantasm. If the opponent refuses or attempts to evade the duel, all of his parameters will be lowered by a full rank until the time where Afonso lets this slight pass and challenges another, or until after they meet in battle one way or another. The parameter reduction is increased if the opponent is also a monarch.

Accepting the challenge on the other hand, will make Afonso acknowledge his opponent's courage and provide both of them with a rank up to Strength and Endurance for the duration of their battle. The duel is considered finished when one of them is disarmed, knocked out, or killed.
    Fucking awesome YOLF. That's how you make a Servant.

No, I'm saying he never fights using the usual methods. He always did the unthinkable and was unpredictable but still relied mostly on his sword. As with the rest, the idea is that he could be thrown into the 5th war and not die straight off the bat. Creating a servant only for it to die is... pitiful
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I think it would surprise you that people create Servants for them to die. Nasu did. I did; Longinus is a profile that would die for the most part if he isn't facing an enemy that uses demonic weaponry or is a Caster or is divine. Sure, he'd probably achieve a mutual kill, but that doesn't mean shit in the war except for other Masters.

Totally not a Saber clone Knick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is this better?
    Gab gave you good stats for him, and said what we have been saying. Fight smarter, not stronger.

Again no reason for Riding to be B+ rank, B is more then enough for any non-rider, and even then the rider then would need some mythical beast or something like that justifies it being that high.

Don't like the A-rank MR, Arther has that naturally due to dragon aspect, he should not have that high of a level simply due to being saber. B at most.

Make Nevado C+ in order to make it more powerful then Invisible Air at times. Would make sense due to its more free ability to use air in offensive attacks.

Again has gotten better. But can still be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Are you swearing by the root or are you just happy to see me?

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaboogie View Post
    Try this:

But those stats are sub-par for Saber class servants. As pointed below...

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Looks legit.
    Of course, that would likely be a Rider.
    Exactly. The Saber class is the more powerful one. Even if he's strategic, he's likely going to have an A rank in one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Well yes, but those Skills also need some retouching: his Magic Resistance and Riding ranks make absolutely no sense, I have absolutely no idea where he got Clairvoyance and Vitrification from, and while a skilled strategist indeed, I would hesitate before giving him an A: Bolívar's armies were always relatively small and simple in their composition; they did not really have the logistic demands the world's great military leaders ever had to deal with.
    Clairvoyance came mostly from the enemy's difficulty at tearing his armies apart. Similar to Vitrification. As I said, he's a Saber that used Assassin tactics. He cheated, lay traps, used dirty tactics... there's a reason that being outnumbered never was a problem for him. It's like Lelouch and Zero. Basically, he could see through you, but you couldn't see through him. From the word of mouth of those that support him, fighting him was never a fair fight, which is what I'm trying to illustrate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    Gab gave you good stats for him, and said what we have been saying. Fight smarter, not stronger.

Again no reason for Riding to be B+ rank, B is more then enough for any non-rider, and even then the rider then would need some mythical beast or something like that justifies it being that high.

Don't like the A-rank MR, Arther has that naturally due to dragon aspect, he should not have that high of a level simply due to being saber. B at most.

Make Nevado C+ in order to make it more powerful then Invisible Air at times. Would make sense due to its more free ability to use air in offensive attacks.

Again has gotten better. But can still be improved.
    There's a problem with not having an A offensive ability, since there are some Heroic Spirits that require an A attack to get scratched, let alone eliminated.

The route that the small army of about 2,500 men—including a British legion—took went from the hot and humid, flood-swept plains of Venezuela to the icy mountain pass of the Páramo de Pisba, at an altitude of 3,960 meters (13,000 feet), through the Cordillera Oriental. After the hardships of wading through a virtual sea, the mostly llanero army was not prepared and poorly clothed for the cold and altitude of the mountains. Many became ill or died.[6][7][8]

Despite some intelligence that Bolívar was on the move, the Spanish doubted Bolívar's army could make the trip, and therefore, they were taken by surprise when Bolívar's small army emerged out of the mountains on 5 July. Bolívar rebuilt his forces by placing a levy on the local population. In a series of battles the republican army cleared its way to Bogotá. First at the Battle of Vargas Swamp on 25 July, Bolívar intercepted a royalist force attempting to reach the poorly defended capital. After the Vargas Swamp Battle, Bolivar reorganized his men, resting them until 4 August, when he ordered a return to Venezuela. However, in the night, he redirects his forces towards Tunja, and took the city by mid-day of 5 August 1819. Due to Bolivar's flash conquest, Barreiro was obliged to mobilize his troops to defend the capital, Santafé, from Bolivar. The Royalist men took the fastest route to Bogota (which led through the Boyacá Bridge) but were unable to pass, as Bolivar intercepted them, early morning of 7 August. Bolivar's republican troops were composed of approximately 2,850 men, which successfully divided and defeated the 2,670 royalist soldiers in a battle that lasted two hours. Th battle resulted in the death of 66 republicans, 250 royalists, and well as the capture of approximately 1,600 of the remaining royal troops. The Battle of Boyacá on 7 August 1819, the bulk of the royalist army surrendered to Bolívar. The battle marked the end Spanish dominion in Nueva Granada, and inspired further triumphs for the liberation of the Spanish Americas. On receiving the news, the viceroy, Juan José de Sámano, and the rest of royalist government fled the capital so fast that they left behind the treasury. On 10 August Bolívar's army entered Bogotá.
    TL;DR
    *Bolivar won a battle while outnumbered
    *Went through a route considered impossible
    *Has water/ice based attributes/resistance, since he survived a campaign through the waters of a flooded river for extended operations and then went through an icy environment.
    *The Royalists left behind the treasury of the city when they escaped.

Any of these could be made into a Noble Phantasm. I also missed that an skill Bolivar should have, is Golden Rule.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Who told you she got the power boost?
    CM3 told me, that little minx.

I won't talk about the Archer comparisons, but the other two Sabers we know follow the same (apparent) pattern...
    Uh, yeah. Because they're superbly famous swordsmen from ages long past.

There's a problem with not having an A offensive ability, since there are some Heroic Spirits that require an A attack to get scratched, let alone eliminated.
    That's thinking on the meta level and an obvious wanking issue. If a spirit aint got it, it aint got it. Doesn't matter if they're even a much more famous spirit like Cu or Medea: if they don't deserve the rank, they don't get it.

Has water/ice based attributes/resistance, since he survived a campaign through the waters of a flooded river for extended operations and then went through an icy environment.
    While you might swing it, this is still kind of iffy. It's not like Iskandar has an earth attribute just for building an earth bridge to attack Tyre.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Any of these could be made into a Noble Phantasm. I also missed that an skill Bolivar should have, is Golden Rule.
    You do know Nasu prefers concept battles over straight powerlevels, right? If Bolivar loses to Herakles it just means it was a specific opponent he wasn't set up well to beat(like most heroic spirits against Herakles), its hardly a mark of shame.

And Saber lead an army to 12 impossible to win battles and still won. Herakles mastered every weapon and was considered to be the greatest at all of them. Yet we don't see them with Military Tactics and Eternal Arms Mastery. Having a bit of wealth/=/golden rule or else King Arthur, Iskander, Cu and a bunch of other heroes would have it.

Gilgamesh has the Golden Rule because he embodies "inexhaustible wealth", it's something different from just being rich.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    I am not allowed to be bored. This is awful, but it's been bothering me a bit that no one actually made him into a Servant yet. Might as well dust off my terrible Servant-making muse, lol.

Servant: Berserker
    True Name: ???

Statistics:
    Noble Phantasm: A+
    Strength: C (default)
    Agility: C (default)
    Endurance: B (default)
    Mana: D (default)
    Luck: EX

Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancement
    A skill that raises basic parameters in exchange for hindering of mental capacity. At this rank, the Servant is accorded a rank up for all parameters except Luck and Mana, in exchange for the loss of ability to think and speak properly.

Personal Abilities:
    Innocent Monster
    The name of the monster that had his past and way of being distorted because of the image that was born from his behavior in the previous life. Both abilities and appearance are transformed. Incidentally, this skill cannot be removed. While it is unlikely that he truly believed any of his stories in life, as a result of the reputation his tales engendered, Berserker has become viewed as a madman and his record in history reflects the identity created for him, not the one that he lived.

Pioneer of the Stars
    The unique skill given to heroes that became turning points in the human history. All difficult voyages and challenges which are considered "impossible" turn into "events that can be realized". Although it is questionable whether he was present at many of the turning points he claims to have been involved in, or even whether they actually occured, Berserker's very identity is defined by such impossible achievements. While this skill should be sealed by his summoning as a Berserker, its remaining use is but one more impossible achievement in his life.

Noble Phantasms:
    Wunderbare Reisen - Life of a Marvelous Legend
    Type: Support (Anti-Self)
    A curse bestowed by the belief and fictionalization that permeated every aspect of his life and death, Berserker's very spiritual identity has become completely malleable, subject to manipulation in nearly every aspect at the insistence of its owner. While the appearance of his spiritual body is fixed in place, the rest of his essence is in a state of constant, unstable flux; as a result, nothing about Berserker remains constant and predictable. Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time based on the insistence of the owner that he already possessed them, and even physical burdens and attributes of the skill may be manifested.

A side effect of this constant state of flux is that Berserker's statistics are impossible to ascertain by Servants and Masters alike. However, rather than an effect that blocks or disguises his statistics from perception, this is a result of his statistics themselves being undeterminable. While the total parameters he is capable of manifesting are fixed, they may be freely redistributed as Berserker unconsciously calls upon them, with the exception of his Luck. An unfortunate side effect of this status is that Berserker's prana drain on his Master is particularly demanding even by the standards of the class, because his cost fluctuates wildly the more of his "legend" he is manifesting at any given time.

Were he capable of coherent thought, there would be relatively few feats beyond his ability to imagine and perform, but as a result of his madness, he is "limited" to the achievements he has already conceived of in life.

True Name

True Name: Hieronymus Carl Friedrich von Münchhausen

"You mad?!!"
    Last edited by Sunny; January 31st, 2015 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Interesting use of innocent monster skill, qualifying someone for berserker that would not normally be qualified for it.

Only thing is that I don't think his NP would be A++ rank, its powerful certainly but that might just be a tad to high. A is probably enough for it judging for the way its described.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sehr gut.

I've entertained the thought of doing a profile of him before.

But this'll have to do.

Though I have to say that Pioneer of the Stars (the stupid Aksys translation makes it not really reflect that it's a skill for explorers) seems sort of inappropriate. I'd say it'd be better to make up a skill for him, even if the effect is similar.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    CM3 told me, that little minx.

Uh, yeah. Because they're superbly famous swordsmen from ages long past.

That's thinking on the meta level and an obvious wanking issue. If a spirit aint got it, it aint got it. Doesn't matter if they're even a much more famous spirit like Cu or Medea: if they don't deserve the rank, they don't get it.

While you might swing it, this is still kind of iffy. It's not like Iskandar has an earth attribute just for building an earth bridge to attack Tyre.
    I just realized the Euro one later. It's supposed to last while she's in Europe, but then fades since she has no support in Japan.

My logic lately has been using Archer as a gauge. If Archer, who has no legend and no time behind him follows the stats of the Archer class perfectly, with the exception of an Strength trade-off (blame it on being a Counter-Guardian, or if not, on time) and he seems to overall be underclassed anyways. So using that logic, Bolivar as a Saber follows similar lines (stats based on the container). While he should lose a rank somewhere as a result, I'm trading off his Mana (it's down all the way to E) and adding the fact that he has years behind him and a legend to bolster the stats up.

Cu Chulainn and Medea have ways to work around their issues, such as an spear that will always hit the heart and the ability to generate A rank spells. As with Bolivar, the best person I can compare him to in that case is Iskander (divinity aside) since the only other things he's known for is leading an smaller army and winning battles despite the size difference and unifying people together.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    You do know Nasu prefers concept battles over straight powerlevels, right? If Bolivar loses to Herakles it just means it was a specific opponent he wasn't set up well to beat(like most heroic spirits against Herakles), its hardly a mark of shame.

And Saber lead an army to 12 impossible to win battles and still won. Herakles mastered every weapon and was considered to be the greatest at all of them. Yet we don't see them with Military Tactics and Eternal Arms Mastery. Having a bit of wealth/=/golden rule or else King Arthur, Iskander, Cu and a bunch of other heroes would have it.
    My idea was that he can't be defeated by strategies and must be attacked mindlessly, not even with instinct, but by literally ramming on him in an effort to cleave him in half. Basically, you'd have to go head on to defeat him, but that'd be so counter-intuitive only a Berserker could do it.

Other than being unpredictable, that leaves me with no ideas. He still did something that gave him an affinity, which is invading through a full river bank and then going through icelands without dying. Having had a dog whose name was Nevado only makes it harder to ignore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Though I have to say that Pioneer of the Stars (the stupid Aksys translation makes it not really reflect that it's a skill for explorers) seems sort of inappropriate. I'd say it'd be better to make up a skill for him, even if the effect is similar.
    I will freely admit that it was partially an awful pun giving him that one - there aren't many voyages more impossible than accidentally flying to the moon in a whirlwind. Hmm. I'll try to think of a possible alternative one though, given the real goal of the skill is just giving him that EX luck, and it's true he doesn't explore much.

As for the NP, I erred on the side of A++ since it is based on Nero's Imperial Privilege, which is ranked EX, then downgraded it to A++ since Berserker is a most modest gentleman. A++ might be too much modifier hyperbole, though, good point. I'll take a second swing at this one later. ^^; But comments are appreciated for my silly diversion, thanks!
    Last edited by Sunny; July 23rd, 2013 at 07:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    You know what, I'm going to let others handle this now.

We have given you reasons for more or less every point that we have made. All of them make sense in the context of the nasuverse.

Everything you said has contradicted the rules of the nasuverse, and has obvious signs of metagaming and fanwank (probably not the right word but its close enough).

So please stop it. It just getting annoying at this point.

@Cyber, I forgot IP was EX rank, but as an NP it is probobly not powerful enough to be that high. NPs and Skills are on different scales after all.
    Last edited by Knick; July 23rd, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I just realized the Euro one later. It's supposed to last while she's in Europe, but then fades since she has no support in Japan.
    Because that totally happened to Kiritsugu Saber's stats.

blame it on being a Counter-Guardian, or if not, on time
    Or blame it on he's Shirou Emiya, not motherfucking Heracles or Cu Chulainn and his strength was just crap to begin with.

So using that logic, Bolivar as a Saber follows similar lines (stats based on the container).
    And the point being that your use of this logic isn't flying.

Cu Chulainn and Medea have ways to work around their issues, such as an spear that will always hit the heart
    Which whaddaya know is still B-rank.

Heaven knows you could rank down stuff, then have written-in ways for them to figure higher, which, gasp, might make sense for a strategic hero and fits in line with other strategic heroes we know!

Blog Entries
    Counter Guardian is a job, Heroic Spirit is a species. All Counter Guardians are Heroic Spirits, not all Heroic Spirits are Counter Guardians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick View Post
    @Cyber, I forgot IP was EX rank, but as an NP it is probobly not powerful enough to be that high. NPs and Skills are on different scales after all.
    Yeah, that's a good point. ^^; I chopped off one of the +'s for now; I'm going to revisit it later after some deliberation and see if it feels like I should chop off the second one too, but my current thought is that I'd kind of want to leave some wiggle room for absurdities given who he is.

On the Fifth War business, I'm not going to critique Bolivar too much since I'm unfamiliar with him, but the only thing I'd say is that the Fifth War really shouldn't be a reference point for Servant balance. The Fifth War was, even by the standards of Grail Wars, pretty absurd and very few Servants should be able to go toe-to-toe with Herakles no matter what class or age they are. Medea and Cu didn't have "outs" - Medea had a small number of A rank spells and not nearly enough to take down more than 2-3 of Berserker's lives while Cu could only feasibly kill him once or twice and would have to use runes just to pull that off. Kojiro couldn't do it at all. "Being able to kill or hang with Herakles" should probably never be your metric for what the average Servant can do because it's amazing that even Arturia can pull it off - everyone else (besides of course Gil being Gil) would've had trouble doing it even if they pooled their efforts.

An unleashed Cu would've been able to heart stab left and right until Herakles iron-walled him, Saber even in her nerfed state had borderline magic immunity (which is rare for the Saber class, mind you, most of them have rank B so Casters aren't totally cheated), etc.

So I just wouldn't use "Bolivar needs to be able to do well in the Fifth War" as your metric if that's what you're trying to build him into. Most of the Fifth War wouldn't do well in the Fifth War long-term. :P Medea was just the most handicapped of them all, but your Servant should have trouble hanging in the Fifth War - even much older heroes would and did. Any Servant written to do well in the Fifth War is likely going to come out absurd because every Servant in that war had at least one terrible, horrible match-up if they had to fight someone else. And most of the time that match-up was Herakles.
    Last edited by Sunny; July 23rd, 2013 at 08:01 PM.