Page 414 of 782 FirstFirst ... 314364404409412413414415416419424464514 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    The sword I want to represent has similar origin story like Durandal, but no mention of 3 miracles part, and shares some elements of backstory with Caliburn, like being the coronation sword and breaking down (not to the same extent though). So I guess it's a rank lower at least due to being a copy. B+ at best, likely something lower.

Is B or C+ more appropiate for a 10th century holy sword?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Depends on what you interpret the three miracles said to be held inside to be.
    Clearly they must be Homura Dama, Guren Kaina and Kagutsuchi.
    don't quote me on this

Decided to do a sheet on one of my Childhood Heroes.

-0-0-
    Servant: Berserker
    Alternate Classes: Lancer (?)
    Alignment: Good
    True name: John Henry

Bio: John Henry was born a slave but died a freeman. He was a man who was said to have the strength of ten men. He proved his strength by driving steel faster than a machine designed to do the job better than a dozen men.

His Legend would expand on and exaggerated to the point was said to rival Hercules and that his strength was enough to topple a mountain.

Parameters:
    Strength: C+
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Prana: D
    Luck: C

Class skills:
    Mad Enhancement: (E) Berserker is not driven by rage or insanity, but pure determination on an inhuman level. Pushing his body and mind past the point of breaking with little care for the damage done to himself. He becomes single minded and sees the world with little more than tunnel vision. Gains a rank up in strength.

Personal skills:

Folk Hero: (C) A form of Charisma that formed from telling of his feats, their exaggerations, and his natural charisma. All these combined and he gave hope and an example for a newly freed people and fellow rail workers to follow. This Skill is comparable to Saint.

Soul of a Freeman: (B) Mental interference and physical restraints have little effect on Berserker as he refuses to be bound in such a way. Be it chains or ideology. He refuses to be made a slave again. “Never again”. This skill/way of thought may cause problems with his Master.

Noble Phantasm:
    Hammer to Freedom: (D) A twenty pound hammer forged from the chains that had once bound him, it then became one of his most cherished possession and the tool he used to build his reputation. It is as much part of his legend as it is his character. As such, with it in his hand, his strength increases from its already incredible amount. Adds a (+) to his Strength.

Man Over Machine: (C) This is a crystallization of John Henry’s legend and the lesson it taught. That in the fight of Man Vs Machine, Man can win. John can easily match up to any nearby modern machine, and if he is willing to damage himself he can surpass it, over power it, outpace it.

I would have liked another Personal Skill but I couldn’t think of a good one.

Anyway, please tell me what you think.
    Last edited by TheDivineDemon; February 20th, 2014 at 11:31 PM.
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    Tell me, what are Durandal's and Caliburn's approximate ranks?
    I don't see Durandal being anything below A. That thing is indestructible, contains 3 pieces of saints and a piece of Mary's clothing in its hilt, and it carved La Brèche de Roland
    Last edited by Zork Knight; February 20th, 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineDemon View Post
    **John Henry snipped**
    I love John Henry and think he's one of the few people from the late 19th century who could actually become a Heroic Servant, but you've made him way too strong. Rank A Strength? A few folkloric tales about a guy saying he can move mountains won't cut it, especially not when he was for the most part a demonstrably man and is such an incredibly young spirit. I assumed he'd have his STR upped to A by Mad Enhancement by a rank or two, but nope, he doesn't actually get any bonuses from it. However, he does get even stronger than Rank A STR when he's holding the hammer by an undisclosed amount, which is frankly ridiculous. For someone as young as this I'd have his STR much lower. Increasing it to the level of Rank A is dubious at all I think but if you're going to do it go with C+ for a conditional modifier to STR only in highly specific and exhaustive events.

Also, he's a Berserker who doesn't actually go insane, nor get any mechanical benefits from his one Class Skill? Seems weird, I guess I can buy the reason but it feels flimsy. I think Lancer would be much better suited to him, with a long-hammer for his weapon. Then you can turn the Mad Enhancement "push the body and mind to breaking" thing into a Personal Skill. If you do this though then his Magic Resistance is going to be probably E rank, being so young and having no reason to be experienced with magic at all.

That said, I like the characterful flavour of Soul of a Freeman, and Man Over Machine is an interesting concept, but needs tweaking I think. I think it's ranked far too highly since beating out machines is just not that amazing at this point in time, given what Magecraft and Thaumaturgy in general can do. Being this young he also has little in the way of mystery or conceptual weight, which are key components of a Phantasm's rank. I'd probably put it at C, and include a clause indicating that he can push himself past modern machines, but in doing so rapidly damages himself and consumes large amounts of prana. Seems a bit more Berserker-y this way, and more fitting with the folk legend.

Better?

Didn't change his class since I'm not sure if a Hammer could really count.
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.

Blog Entries
    I don't know him, but the profile is so neat. Keep on working on it

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    True Name:
    Solomon
    Appearance: An old but dignified man with a long grey beard, robed in vestments of black and gold, and carrying a black book of eldretch design. His face is noble and wise, but is also set by a deep sorrow.
    Parameters:
    Strength E
    Endurance E
    Agility D
    Magic A
    Luck A

Legend:
    Son of David and the third king of Israel, Solomon is remembered as perhaps the greatest ruler of the Hebrew people, as he possessed unmatched wisdom which he used to propel his father's fledgling kingdom into a great empire. Though his first years as king were marked with strife between him and his brothers for his father's throne, he nevertheless brought about a golden era of prosperity and expansion for his people, bringing Israel to the apex of it's power. A pious man like his father, Solomon completed the work his father set out decades earlier and built the first great Temple to God. Sadly, his wisdom came to be a double-edged sword--for as his knowledge increased, so did his sorrow. He became increasingly aware of the distance between man and God, disillusioned by the hopelessness of men's sins, and by how futile man's attempts at reaching God were. He sought comfort in his many wives and concubines, which led to his turning away from the ways of his forefathers, and caused no end of woe for Israel. By the time he'd come to realize how far he'd erred, his empire was already crumbling around him, and the work his father had dreamed of was coming to an end. Civil war engulfed Israel, and Solomon died in despair as he watched the downfall of God's chosen people.

A noble and wise man, Caster is as much a consular and philosopher as he is a leader. He possesses a deep understanding of people, but is also weighted down by his regrets in life, and his desire to atone for his mistakes by undoing the downfall of his kingdom. In his younger years, he was as even worse skirt-chaser than his father, but as he grew older, he came to find no solace in the warmth of a woman's flesh--by the time he became an old man, he came to be disillusioned of love, but still understands and embraces it as a great force of good.

Class Abilities:
    Territory Creation: B
    Creation of a 'Workshop' is possible.

Personal Skills:
    Divinity: N/A
    As an ancestor of Christ, he qualified weakly as a being of divine nature -- perhaps equivalent in rank to Joseph of Nazareth. He possesses some defense against the action of conceptual relics and Noble Phantasms based in the divinity of Christ (though not those based in the divinity of God) -- for example, "holy shrouds," "the stakes of the Crucifixion," and "the Lancea Longini"; possibly even "the Holy Grail."

Charisma: A
    Said to have gained the highest popularity in his life, Caster was said to be exalted by kings as distant as India and Africa.

Wisdom: EX
    A blessing conferred unto Solomon as a reward for his humility when asked by God of his heart's desire, Solomon is gifted with nigh omniscient discernment, which borders on the level of precognition, allowing him to find a solution to nearly any problem. Even those afflicted by madness are not immune to his understanding, allowing him to peer into the hearts of men great and small. As great as his wisdom is, however, it can only be used if he deems it necessary. Should he believe it not needed, he will not use it.

Golden Rule: A
    Money problems are completely unknown. Caster is one of the few kings in history who's wealth could rival Gilgamesh's, having turned Israel into a trading empire whose sphere of influence encompassed thousands of miles, making Solomon the single most wealthy man of his day.

Noble Phantasms:
    The Lesser Key of Solomon
    Rank A
    Anti-Army
    Caster's grimoire, an ancient tome by which he bound more than seventy demons. The book itself is of no great power--it is the terrible beings bound within which are to be feared. Demons from beyond this world, the weaker among them are a match for lesser Servants; the greatest nine can outright overwhelm the entire Holy Grail War. It would be no understatement that these nightmares can turn Fuyuki into a facet of Hell itself in a matter of less than an hour. However, merely summoning one of these nine arch-demons is very taxing for Solomon, as they cost a great deal of prana to use. The stronger creature Caster summons, the more difficult it is to control, and if he is not cautious, they will betray him to take back their freedom.

Voice of Exaltment
    Rank EX
    Anti-Demon
    The ultimate crystallization of Caster's legend, in which his very voice becomes a weapon--with the knowledge of God's holy words, he can use powerful sacraments and preform great miracles. Born in a time when God's power being apparent was necessary to combat the demons which plagued mankind, it is immensely superior to the modern sacraments of the Church, to the degree that it is impossible for modern men to use it. And even in the days of the ancients, only those exceptionally close to God could use the divine mysteries to combat evil. It was with this power that Caster was able to subjugate the seventy-two demons into a single grimoire, and in general it is the ultimate weapon against denizens of the infernal region.
    Last edited by Agailius; March 6th, 2014 at 11:31 AM.
    My Job Description
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    When Agailius thinks your idea is really really stupid, you know you've screwed up.

サーヴァント Servant
    My version of Solomon is a little bit stronger, maybe as I liked his concept. Anyways, lets start with some simple questions. What about golden rule? That guy hat like 1000 concurbines or something and unlimited wealth. I dont know that much people who possessed more wealth.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Just saying but I'm fairly certain that Discernment of the Poor is a Karna-exclusive skill.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Also, no other magecraft than the book whatsoever? You'd think the guy who bound 72 demons to servitude would at least be an accomplished magus for the standards of his era.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

サーヴァント Servant
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Just saying but I'm fairly certain that Discernment of the Poor is a Karna-exclusive skill.
    I think the appropriate name for what the skill does should be "Wisdom". Would do almost the same and sound a lot cooler.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushiman View Post
    I think the appropriate name for what the skill does should be "Wisdom". Would do almost the same and sound a lot cooler.
    Discernment of the Poor has literally nothing to do with Wisdom. Discernment of the Poor is a boon Karna received from the gods because he had no true relatives while growing up. It's the instinctual ability to detect lies and deceit in words and actions.
    Last edited by Christemo; March 3rd, 2014 at 09:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Discernment of the Poor has literally nothing to do with Wisdom. Discernment of the Poor is a boon Karna received from the gods because he had no true relatives while growing up. It's the instinctual ability to detect lies and deceit in words and actions.
    Disengage your Karna boner for a second and try reading it again, for content this time.

Solomon also had a magic carpet didn't he?

To be honest, considering that Merem is probably close to an Elder Title DAA (and hence alive during Solomon's reign) and has the power to materialize Divine Beast-class imaginary creatures that are called Demon Beasts, I always suspected (wanked into my headcanon) they might be the same person.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    Solomon also had a magic carpet didn't he?

To be honest, considering that Merem is probably close to an Elder Title DAA (and hence alive during Solomon's reign) and has the power to materialize Divine Beast-class imaginary creatures that are called Demon Beasts, I always suspected (wanked into my headcanon) they might be the same person.
    Merem's backstory kind of invalidates him being in any way related to Solomon, though.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Hey, King Arthur was a girl. You never know, Fives.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    And now, the father of the awesomest guy in the Illiad:

Servant Stats
    Name: Tydeus
    Class: Lancer/Berserker
    Alignment: True Neutral

Strength: B+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Mana: D
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: B- (C)
    Cancels spells with a chant below three verses, and increases defense against High-Thaumaturgy, but does nothing against Greater Rituals. (Lancer’s original rank is C, but he receives a boost from Bronze of Hephaestus).

Mad Enhancement: C
    Rank up to all parameters except Luck and Mana, but is unable to think or speak properly.

Personal Skills:
    Battle Continuation: A
    Even with deadly and crippling injuries, Lancer is still capable of fighting on. Only a decisively fatal wound will put him down immediately.

Divine Champion: B
    Just like his son Diomedes, Lancer was the champion of the goddess Athena. As a gift from this divine patron, Lancer gains effects similar to Eye of the Mind (False) and Bravery of Rank B (neither usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement), as well as a bonus to Strength, Endurance and Agility when ambushed.

Military Tactics: D
    Bonus to defense when facing Anti-Army Noble Phantasms. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.

Pygmachia: A
    A martial art commonly known as Ancient Greek boxing. At Rank A, one is comparable in skill to the masters of the art.

Noble Phantasms
    Bronze of Hephaestus – Arms of the Boar of Argos
    Anti-Unit, Rank D+
    Lancer’s standard equipment, forged by Hephaestus and blessed by Athena, which consists of a golden cuirass, shield and spear, each bearing the image of a boar. It was given to him by Athena after he was banished from Calydon by his father. It was thanks to this armor that Adrastus recognized Lancer as one who should marry one his daughters. His spear was broken in his battle against Melanippus, and was later used to forge the sword of Diomedes.

Shield of Stars – First Against Thebes
    Barrier, Rank B
    The shield used by Lancer during the attack against the city of Thebes, bearing the image of the stars surrounding the Moon. This shield was given to him by Athena shortly before they reached Thebes, and was said to make no number of men a challenge as long as he always spared one of them. When faced by multiple enemies siultaneously, only the first one to hit him will be able to harm him, while he will become impervious to the attack of all other enemies. When that first enemy dies, the next one to strike him will be the only one capable of harming Lancer, and so on. However, Lancer must leave one of his attackers alive by the end of the battle, or else the shield will lose this effect for the rest of the Grail War.

Nasuverse Lore
    The son of king Oeneus, exiled prince of Calydon, and father of the mighty Diomedes. Originally the heir to the throne of Calydon, Tydeus had a fight with the oldest of his siblings, Meleager to see which one would search for heroes to stop the Calydonian Boar. While Meleager was the one who started the fight, Tydeus was the victor, and nearly killed Meleager. However, his father judged him guilty, and banished him from Calydon. Seeing this unfair trial, Athena descended from the Olympus, gave him arms bearing the image of the beast that ravaged his father’s kingdom, and told him that he should go to Argos.

In Argos, Tydeus was welcomed by king Adrastus, who was also housing Polynices, son of Oedipus, who had been banished from Thebes by his brother. At night, the two exiled princes battled to see which one would sleep at the guest room in the palace. Seeing the two young warriors fight, Tydeus’ equipment bearing the image of a boar, and Polynices’ bearing that of a lion, Adrastus remembered the prophecy that said that he should marry his daughters to a boar and a lion. Thus, Tydeus and Polynices became princes of Argos.

Adrastus promised to both princes that he would help them take over the kingdoms that were rightfully theirs, starting with Thebes. Adrastus arranged to raise seven armies from the region surrounding Argos, each army led by a mighty hero, and thus originating the Seven Against Thebes, the largest army that had ever appeared in Greece.
    Shortly after the Seven arrived in Nemea, the young son of the Nemean king was killed by a snake. Adrastus ordered his man to kill the snake, bury the boy, and hold the first Nemean Games in his honor. In these games, Tydeus proved his unarmed skills by winning the boxing event without a single hit being landed on him.

After the armies reached Kithairon, Athena appeared to him again, gave him the star-bearing shield, and explained that, as long as one man was spared, he could deal with an entire army at once. He was sent to Thebes before all others, to demand that Polynices was reinstated as king. The Theban king and Polynices’ brother, Eteocles, ignored Tydeus, and enraged, Tydeus challenge multiple Thebans for one-on-one combat, defeating every single one of them easily. When he was returning to Kitharion, he was ambushed by a group of fifty Thebans, but managed to kill each one of them, except for one, Maeon.
    After the armies reached Thebes, each one was sent to attack one door, with Tydeus being responsible for the first door. In battle, Tydeus was quite the monster, tearing apart anyone who tried to defeat him. The Thebans sent Melanippus to fight against him, and, while he managed to kill his enemy, Tydeus had been mortally wounded. Athena, seeing her champion half-dead, descended from the Olympus again, this time to give him an elixir that would grant him immortality. However, blinded by rage, Tydeus crawled towards Melanippus’ body, and, like a savage, devoured the Theban’s brains. Disgusted with this sight, Athena retreated, and kept the elixir hidden, which would, years later, be used on Tydeus’ son, Diomedes.

As a Lancer, Tydeus behaves calmly when outside of battle, almost in a gentlmanly way. Yet in battle, he becomes a brutal warrior who enjoys nothing more than seeing the remains of his enemies spread across the floor. As a Berserker... well, he's a berserker.

His wish for the Grail would either be A. Have a chance to beg Athena for forgiveness for the monstrous thing he did to Melanippus' corpse, or B. Summon the other six leaders and go conquer modern-day Thebes. And after that, all of Greece, maybe.

Has no idea what's going on. Human's Avatar

Arrow

Presenting: The laziest Servant. OC. Photo included.
    Created a servant anyway, just for the heck of it.

Spoiler:

PROCRAASTINATION GOD.jpg
    Class: Berserker Only
    True name: N/A
    Master: Illyasviel Von Einzern/Emiya Kiritsugu
    Alignment: All

Parameters
    Spoiler:

Strength: E
    Agility: C
    Endurance: D
    Mana: -
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: EX
    Armament: Pocket Dimensions

Details and History; continue if interested or disinterested. Your call.
    Spoiler:

• Though in place of the supposed servant, an accident had occurred. How the servant came recorded as a legend to be is another mystery, and uses several aliases which registered with the grail, to the point of confusion that everyone 'gave up'. Because nobody could figure out his true identity, he held the best advantage.

• The servant will always have some food on him, and is never seen without eating anything, even during the most direst of times. Kiritsugu was eating a bucket of KFC at the time of the summoning which may/definitely have been the catalyst.

• The servant claims to be a God; although the servant claims it to be true it is perceived to be a joke, since no master is aware of the servant's identity and his parameters aren't even funny.

• His previous master, Kiritsugu Emiya had nearly lost the 4th Heaven's feel, although the two got only fairly well, their friendship eventually led to the first successful Heaven's Feel in Fuyuki.

Skills/Abilities
    Spoiler:

Class Abilities
    Mad Enhancement: EX
    The man is crazy. If anyone manages to piss him off; RUN.
    This ability can no longer be calculated due to the fact the servant keeps his sanity with the same motor skills despite the ability being active and the parameters Agility, Strength and Endurance quadruple.

Personal Skills
    Clairvoiyance: C+
    Just squint your eyes to see far enough; or stop being an idiot and use technology.

Eye of The Mind (True): D
    The servant actually uses his head and thinks. So long as the servant has a 10% chance of reaching their goal, this skill greatly increases the odds.

Eye of The Mind (False): C
    Not logic or luck, but instincts that allow the servant to avoid fatal blows. Hunches and guesses have a small chance of success that are based on the servant's luck as well.

Item Creation: A+++
    The servant has created everything beforehand to be the most successful good-for-nothing ever during life, and even more to sate his boredom. The servant's creations can be on par with even the most powerful Noble Phantasms; replication and enhancement of weapons of any level are possible even without using magecraft so long as the materials are provided.

Expert of Many Specializations
    : A-
    The servant is able to utilize up a thousand skills to the point one may call "Mastery". However, the servant may only use up to 10 of that level simultaneously, any more and the servant would overload his processing skills and memory. Skills can be forgotten, new ones can be learned and relearned over and over so long he desires it.

Migraine: E
    A constant hangover that further boosts the servant's Laziness even further. Due to this skill, the servant requires rest after activities or his skills will deteriorate overall quickly.

Love of the Lore (False): B
    Due to vast amounts of knowledge, recognition of other Heroic Spirits that may or may not have existed is possible, due to the servant's boredom and ways to pass the time.

Divinity (False): EX
    Defeating a God in a bet, the divinity was usurped. The servant had attained it but only false Divinity, since he is of non-Divine Descent.

It's basically a useless skill.

Laziness: EX
    Self-explanatory.

Noble Phantasms
    Spoiler:
    Undeniable Wealth (Possession of The World): E---~EX
    He has more money than the rest of the world combined. Not even Gilgamesh can top his wealth. With every passing hour, another planet can be bought out.
    Due to this, the servant always has more money at hand since his wealth increases passively.

GoogolGoogol X Luck wouldn't even be on the same level of money to what the servant earns in the afternoon lazing around. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say the servant had all what the world had to offer. If any servant or master could be bought out with any amount of money, you're in luck.

Type: Money
    Range: ???
    Target: ???

True Happiness (Power of Rapture): EX
    Normally a skill, but others speak of it so often that it had crystallized into a noble phantasm capable of creating miracles of joy. Even the most depressing and vengeful existences can get along with him as a result, but this noble phantasm should not be mistaken for charisma, but a power based on trust, joy, pleasure, and other various forms of happiness.

He even claimed that he won peace and ended a war by sending varieties of fried chicken to the whole world every day.

Type: ???
    Range: ???
    Targets: ???
    Last edited by Human; March 5th, 2014 at 07:17 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    oc's go in the modern fiction servant thread in the fanfic section m9

also god's cant be servants

also broken as shit. and expert of many specs at A+ rank only allows use of 38-ish skills at master level, get real m9
    Last edited by Christemo; March 5th, 2014 at 07:25 AM.