Page 11 of 568 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I'll just say the first P3 movie didn't add anything and still felt like a complete movie while also being open ended for the next.
    I'm using P3 as an example because the source material wasn't split at all and was sold as a whole story. yet, the movies split it in 3 or 4 parts
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I don't think UFO would do just a 2 hour movie. There's too much stuff in HF, and it'll be a disaster if they try to cram in it. I think HF as a movie would need at least 3 hours worth of animation, but too much would leave the movies(if it does indeed become a series of them) would make some of them boring.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    You guys are emphasizing the length. He's emphasizing the point that it has one beginning, middle, and end, rather than multiples like Rakkyo did. Try it like this:

Movie x focuses on how, after losing Saber, Shirou is desperately still trying to be relevant and help Sakura and not be enemies with Rin and everything. They then build up to how he decides to give up his dream and side with Sakura and Rin grudgingly accepts this and all. So they decide that they have to face down Zouken, but to do that he needs help, so they talk about asking Illya for help, so he goes out and then encounters Rin and Archer, then the Shadow appears, and he loses his arm! And then! He gets a new one and is told using it will kill him.

Do you feel the anticlimax there? Nothing ties in to anything at all. Zouken is the enemy that never appears, Rin is just there, and Shirou loses an arm.

It's not standalone in the same way that Rakkyo is. The antagonism isn't even from a clear source like Fujino and Araya and God's Word are.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but there's going to be different ways to present this (meaning padding) that would have to occur to set it up more like an actual viable conflict and resolution rather than just buildup to the fact that the route doesn't have contained dramatic structure every few days.

and the P3 movie added nothing , and also still has questions opened. like:
    what are the shadows?
    what the hell is Pharos' deal?
    what is the deal with Makoto's flashbacks?
    why the hell did that thing pop out of Orpheus?
    what the hell is that thing that popped out of Orpheus?
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can see what Arashi and Tech want to say here, you'd be adding some things to bridge the gap of a set of movies. But that wouldn't really be so bad. We'd have more to work with here since we aren't stuck primarily with Shirou's perspective as we were in the VN. You could have Sakura in one morning after and her thoughts before secretly heading off for breakfast while Shirou is conked out, and you could do certain nice things like swap to Rin after she gives her ultimatum after the Rain scene. HF has plenty that is alluded to that can work better in animation than words and sparse CGs.

Zouken was a dark cloud that hung over things because he essentially won due to careful preparations. So I would disagree that he isn't a clear enemy, but we that have finished the route know that several things are at work here, Zouken trying to troll Sakura to fulfill his plans, and Kotomine just watching how things turn out and doing his own bit of trolling. It is literally the trolling route.

So while I do agree with you two that finding a branching point to more fluidly go from movie to movie would be required (padding), it's wouldn't be that bad, since there is no lack of things to bring more light upon. It would have worked better as a series, but since we have a movie here, not much can be done about that. I'd be fine with either way, but I do think that a movie would leave too many important elements vague or eschew them entirely.

And really Arashi, look at Nisio, -monogatari is anticlimax personified, it definitely can work.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I have different expectations when sitting down to a 23 minute show compared to an hour+ movie, regardless to whether the dialogue is crazy or not.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I have different expectations when sitting down to a 23 minute show compared to an hour+ movie, regardless to whether the dialogue is crazy or not.
    Indeed, but hear me out here. They may be different from DEEN, but the same problems arise that were had with the UBW movie that you can have with this one, and that is the pacing of things. Rushing from scene transition to scene transition doesn't work for any of the routes, let alone the one focused on interpersonal relations and slow building drama. People always talk about being overwhelmed by slowly reading through the route, how do you think it would go when it's heavily condensed into one movie?

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whether they do it long or short, as long as they deliver well, I can be at my ultimate bliss.

And from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it will have a short timestamp for a route like this.

Given that some days seem boring for some and ecstatic for others. Especially epic mapo tofu eating, Illya shopping with Shirou like no vow has ever been made, and of course, cooking sessions that would make any chef take out their notebooks and list the ingredients for them to make their own spin of that dish.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Three movies of 1h 30m:

End of the first: Shirou loses Saber. This movie could be little boring but the end is shocking.
    End of second: Shirou and Illya running in the forest or after Nine Lives. EPIC
    End of third: EPICNESS. True end with a remix of "New Dawn". I cry.
    *OVA of Sparks Liner High/Normal end with the bluray

What do you think?
    Here I come, King of Heroes. Do you have enough weapons in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary View Post
    Three movies of 1h 30m:

End of the first: Shirou loses Saber. This movie could be little boring but the end is shocking.

What do you think?
    Get hired by Ufo NOW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    That really is the biggest problem with the DEEN UBW, the pacing was just really awkward and they just went from one event ti the other way too abruptly.

Which is why i think 2 hours is way too short for HF. It depends on how'll they split it really. They need to able to balance the padding and the important scenes so each movie has it's climax and cliffhangers. Splitting it in a few movies can probably make the pacing feel more natural, but i just wish they'll be careful and not make one movie a borefest and another non-stop action. I'm fine with filler episodes in an anime series, but a filler movie is really not fun.

Blog Entries
    Three movies of 1h 30m:

What do you think?
    everything that's wrong with the fandom condensed into one post, nice.

Blog Entries
    Three movies of 1h 30m:

What do you think?
    Well either something like this, not sure about the places to end and the order of events might have to be moved for a fluid transition from movie to movie, either 3 90 minuteish movies or 2 2 hour movies, is what I think would work best honestly.

You can have enough exciting content in both movies easily and implying HF can be easily adapted in like a 90 minute is just random route hate, because that doesn't make much sense, if it's one movie it'd have to be an unreasonably long one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
    but that post didn't even have a hint of "lel random ironical shitposting lel lel lel" in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    but that post didn't even have a hint of "lel random ironical shitposting lel lel lel" in it.
    That's just endemic to the internet at large. It's assumed it will tag along and rear it's head eventually anyway.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

What do you mean?
    Why would it not be a good idea?

One true OTP...

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    He's fine with rushed and cut down to fit in one movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    ^^What SPK said.

Are you by any chance involved with a Government organisation?
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    It's a problem with animefans and stuff that's based on an existing work in general. Most people just go "lol, make this 200 episodes or else it will suck" and it just shows they don't really understand the medium.

To spell it out, the people who want more than 1 HF movie don't really get HF and anime movies in general. And their sole counterargument seems to be "B-But the UBW movie sucked!!!", doesn't really make for them.
    Last edited by bahamut zero; July 28th, 2014 at 01:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    It's a problem with animefans and stuff that's based on an existing work in general. Most people just go "lol, make this 200 episodes or else it will suck" and it just shows they don't really understand the medium.
    Well that is true enough, but that is why I am not being silly and saying 4-5 movies and make it the same length as a 2cour show, because UBW is getting one. One movie just has a very hard time of working out for the route without actually cutting things that matter, partly because the route itself kind of smallish arcs in of itself and condensing that to just like say 2 hours is going to make the pacing feel way too fast.

I understand the sentiment however that a visual medium is vastly different from a literal one and can easily convey more info than a literal work in less amount of time due to the visual nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

To spell it out, the people who want more than 1 HF movie don't really get HF and anime movies in general. And their sole counterargument seems to be "B-But the UBW movie sucked!!!", doesn't really make for them.
    One movie or 100000, as long as it's good, I will be ok.

One true OTP...

if P3 is getting 3/4 movies I don't see why HF can't have more than 1 movie if it's needed
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: