Page 23 of 858 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283373123523 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post

Also, I clearly don't mind this conversation too much or I wouldn't keep replying to you. I just think it's a little silly how much the wiki appears to be a boogey-man around here.
    because it is
    The sword denoting the right of succession of the throne that was stored in King Arthur's armory. It is described as "more dazzling than any silver, and is a treasured sword with worth excelling or at least not inferior to "The Golden Sword of Promised Victory." Because Mordred stole the sword without acknowledgement, the rank is lower than the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's been changed, for one thing. It says Caliburn now, without the title.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    my personal boogey-man

- - - Updated - - -

That's been changed, for one thing. It says Caliburn now, without the title.
    i don't see caliburn on the wikia quote i posted.
    which is what matters because that's the thing used to reference the thing on the top.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    What, really? The description I read (on TM wiki) just says something about concealing hostile intent unless outed by her allies. The pebble thing is pretty bizarre, but funny.
    The pebble stuff is from her skill description in FGO mats, which the wiki editors either didn't read or still waiting for someone here to translate then copypasta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    because it is
    Golden Sword of Promised Victory sounds like something Kintoki would use to call his axe if he manages to get in Saber class.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    The pebble stuff is from her skill description in FGO mats, which the wiki editors either didn't read or still waiting for someone here to translate then copypasta.
    That skill was in her profile. MoC translated it an the wikia people shuffled the words around and then posted it.

Blog Entries
    i don't see caliburn on the wikia quote i posted.
    which is what matters because that's the thing used to reference the thing on the top.
    No, because the wikia quote was out of date. I don't know when you found and copied that down, but it's been changed now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    I don't think Grand Order materials had even been released when this was posted up...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, because the wikia quote was out of date. I don't know when you found and copied that down, but it's been changed now.
    I copied it down like half an hour ago
    and it's still like that

Blog Entries
    I copied it down like half an hour ago
    and it's still like that
    Really? Because now it says-

Quote Originally Posted by Type-Moon Wiki- Clarent
    It is a treasured sword that has worth equal to, if not exceeding, Caliburn, that amplifies the authority of the king, the "king’s royal aura."
    Did you correct it by any chance?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really? Because now it says-

Did you correct it by any chance?
    that's not what i'm quoting, I'm quoting the reference that it's pointing to at the bottom of the page
    ■ Clarent: Radiant and Brilliant Royal Sword
    Type: Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 1 Person
    The sword denoting the right of succession of the throne that was stored in King Arthur's armory. It is described as "more dazzling than any silver, and is a treasured sword with worth excelling or at least not inferior to "The Golden Sword of Promised Victory." Because Mordred stole the sword without acknowledgement, the rank is lower than the original.

Blog Entries
    that's not what i'm quoting, I'm quoting the reference that it's pointing to at the bottom of the page
    Checking out the part you mentioned, it seems you're correct. I didn't think of checking the source references since I figured they'd be more likely to be accurate then the rest. Also my search was rather rushed since I'm tired and about to go to bed soon.

So if 'Golden Sword of Promised Victory' isn't the correct title for Caliburn, what is? Purely out of curiosity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Checking out the part you mentioned, it seems you're correct. I didn't think of checking the source references since I figured they'd be more likely to be accurate then the rest. Also my search was rather rushed since I'm tired and about to go to bed soon.

So if 'Golden Sword of Promised Victory' isn't the correct title for Caliburn, what is? Purely out of curiosity.
    Golden Sword of Assured Victory

Blog Entries
    Golden Sword of Assured Victory
    That's pretty damned similar! And could easily be an example of ambiguous translation at that, given the wiki itself lists different ways 勝利すべき黄金の剣 can be translated (of which yours is one). The difference between 'assured' and 'promised' hardly seems egregious enough to merit condemnation at such a level...

...Unless you're screwing with me, that is. Don't think that hasn't occurred to me!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That's pretty damned similar! And could easily be an example of ambiguous translation at that, given the wiki itself lists different ways 勝利すべき黄金の剣 can be translated (of which yours is one).

...Unless you're screwing with me, that is.
    as the person who actually translated that entry the wiki took without noticing i corrected it later on my blog i can tell you it's not
    it's just a dumb mistake

PLOT TWIST

Blog Entries
    as the person who actually translated that entry that the wiki took without noticing i corrected it later on my blog i can tell you it's not
    it's just a dumb mistake

PLOT TWIST
    I can hardly even understand what that run-on sentence of yours is trying to address. In any case, it still seems like a rather trifling error to make such a fuss about...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I can hardly even understand what that run-on sentence of yours is trying to address. In any case, it still seems like a rather trifling error to make such a fuss about...
    not really because it was Excalibur up there until I asked hawkeye to change it.
    And even then the bottom still hasn't been changed.
    Because you know, Excalibur is The Sword of Promised Victory
    and Caliburn is The Golden Sword of Assured Victory

So then when people read "Golden Sword of Promised Victory" <-- a translation error
    what what

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The difference between 'assured' and 'promised' hardly seems egregious enough to merit condemnation at such a level...
    If there was another poster, say, Boydgolden. He's a completely separate person from you. He never posts in GD and is completely into, say, Kancolle. I think you would want people to understand that no, you do not in fact know what node is best for farming Bauxite because you are in fact not Boydgolden. But no, somebody puts up on the widely popular BL Wiki that RoydGolden is in fact a Bauxite farming master, now and forever.

- - - Updated - - -

So Royd what's the most efficient way to farm Bauxite?

Blog Entries
    The difference between 'assured' and 'promised' hardly seems egregious enough to merit condemnation at such a level...
    My word, do we have to break out the dictionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    That skill was in her profile. MoC translated it an the wikia people shuffled the words around and then posted it.
    No no I meant the part about neighbors and pebbles. The skill is in her profile but this is what we have ingame:

諜報:A++
    このスキルは気配を遮断するのではなく、気配そのものを敵対者だと感じさせない。A++ともなれば味方陣営 からの告発がない限り、敵対していることに気付くのは不可能である。

GO mats added one more line, which is what aster used:

親しい隣人、 無害な石ころ、 最愛の人間などと勘違いさせる。

The wiki peeps didn't update accordingly lol.

JP Friend Code
    Faceclaim:
    Spoiler:

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Russia

Parameters:
    Strength- E
    Endurance- E
    Agility- A+
    Mana- B+
    Luck- D
    Noble Phantasm- B

Dislikes: Broken promises, hunters
    Natural Enemy: Odile, Von Rothbart

Class Skills:

• Territory Creation (B) - The ability to create an area that is advantageous to oneself, at this rank creation of a "Lake" is possible.
    • Item Construction (D+) - Worthless trinkets and pretty illusions will be able to manifest, however upon contact with light from the morning sun these objects will fade away like a pleasant dream.

Personal Skills:

• Graceful Step (A+) - An elegant form that moves purposefully and beautifully. Raises the AGI stat by a significant amount, it is also incredibly difficult to disrupt the movements of the skill's user. At this rank all forms of movement are perfectly poised and precise.
    • Princess of Loveliness (B) - A charismatic nature not in regards to leadership, but the ability to charm the people around her. Individuals with a princely nature will feel compelled to protect Caster. Also doubles as a matchmaking skill.
    • Magic Resistance (A) - Cancels spells of A-rank or below, even if High-Thaumathurgy is used it will have no effect. Caster possesses a high rank in this skill due to one of her Noble Phantasms.
    • Shapeshifting (C) - Also called borrowed-body molding. A spiteful curse gave Caster an unwanted secondary form in the shape of a swan, only returning to her true form when her body was touched by moonlight.
    • Ephemeral Romance (C) - Our vow to each other was nothing but a lie to you wasn't it? But even so in that moment i fell in love with the you that loved me. Ahh... this love shall disappear into the light just like me.

Noble Phantasms:
    Spoiler:
    Swan Lake
    ​Pas De Deux on Moonlit Tears (Anti Army) (C+)
    A large lake created by the tears of a grieving mother, a place of great sorrow that will only perpetuate even more sorrow. When Caster was forced into her new body she made this place her new home and would spend her days peacefully floating on it's surface. At night the lake would be converted into her stage as she expressed her despair through her original body. A bounded field Noble Phantasm that conjures the image of her safe haven, it is used as an offensive attack that is capable of striking down multiple enemies at once. When activated Caster will begin to dance with an illusion similar in appearance to that of her beloved prince, as the performance goes on the waters of the lake will begin to churn violently and grow in ferocity. When the dance ends, a torrent of prana draining water will burst forth and overwhelm the opposing forces, quickly submerging them and drowning them in her sorrows. The final performance of her life, it is a dance that will also consume her form if she fails to control it.

Danse Des Petits Cygnes
    Dance of The Little Swans (Anti Unit) (B+)
    Caster was not alone in her exile. Many others too were cursed to live as a beast, these swan-maidens elected her to be their queen and have humbly pledged their servitude. As loyal guardians that watch over her love and weep at her loss, they shall follow her in her journey for as long as they are able to. A phantom performance that robs the audience of the will to fight and resist, it is a Noble Phantasm that is mainly used to signify her entrance and lower the chance of sneak attacks. However, against targets with evil in their hearts a powerful physical and mental attack will occur. A LCK check must be performed in order to have a chance to resist this purifying force. Failing to resist will result in heavy damage and a severe rank down in parameters.

Crown of The Swan Queen
    Mother's Love and Protection (Anti Unit) (B)
    Caster's mark of rulership and gift from her fairy mother. A golden crown inscribed with fae letters, it was her only form of protection while she was searching for her true love. Passively grants a high rank of Magic Resistance as long as she wears it. When invoked as a Noble Phantasm it will nullify all attacks that are targeting her, after which it will shatter and become unusable.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Caster's true identity is Odette, the white swan from Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky's infamous ballet Swan Lake. An innocent who was cursed by the villainous Von Rothbart to lose her human form in the day and only regaining it at night. Only a vow of eternal love would be able to break her curse and give her happiness. Having thought to have found it in the guise of Prince Siegfried, she was cruelly robbed of her love by the child of her enemy Odile, who deceived her beloved Prince Siegfried into vowing eternal love to them instead. Heartbroken and trapped in the image of beast forever, she ended her life by drowning in the lake where she first met her prince.

A simple and pure girl who yearns for a simple and pure love. That is her sole wish.
    Last edited by Magikewl; November 13th, 2016 at 12:19 AM.