Page 3191 of 3342 FirstFirst ... 219126913091314131813186318931903191319231933196320132413291 ... LastLast
Results 63,801 to 63,820 of 66839

Thread: Type-Moon Fanfic Idea Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    What I want to see is that weird version of Unlimited Blade Works RM with the grass and fallen gears that was shown for artistic purposes in the anime credits. Or at least a functional interpretation of it. Maybe I'll use it.
    Didn't that symbolize how his ideal was ultimately 'softened' by Rin? As in, his world was just a desolate field of swords until she arrived?

It would be interesting to see that as a form his RM could take post-UBW. Can Reality Marbles change form as their user's mindset evolves?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    No, it symbolized that ufo likes making pretty backgrounds.
    That's not symbolism, and what it does symbolize is pretty freaking obvious. Whether it actually reflects the state his RM would take now is another thing, but it clearly represents how his mentality has been softened by Rin. (And to a lesser extent, his experiences more generally)

Anybody care to answer my question if Reality Marbles can change in accordance with their holder's mindset? Like, if somebody had an RM symbolizing their (say) endless loneliness and then made their first true friend or whatever, would their RM disappear? Change? Or what?

@Kirby

I'm personally the biggest fan of C; the idea of exploring the Extraverse outside of the Moon Cell is a pretty fun idea if it's well-executed. Hakuno/Shirou interaction also seems interesting; I know it's sort of been done before but it seems like there's still room to play with the differing themes of their stories with how they react to one another and handle situations differently. However, it'd be really easy to go overboard and lose track of the main plotline if not adequately planned out beforehand, so idk if I myself would go for something that ambitious.

B sounds like about the difficulty of original fiction to me; it's basically historical fiction with the added complexity of Nasumechanics. Would be fun to read, but is probably the hardest of this bunch to actually write just because of how freeform it'd be - i think the only canon character that's revelant is Marie? You could probably manage it if you structured it well enough, but it seems like it'd take a hell of a lot of time and effort; really doubt I would go for this one myself either.

A also seems neat, and much easier to write, to boot. This is the one I myself would consider doing, because it's both (relatively) simple to write and has interesting themes to explore. But you probably have more recent writing experience than i do, so...

So (from highest to lowest) in order of my interest as a reader, I'd rank them C, A, B; in terms of ease of writing and planning, I'd say A, C, B. But they all seem like interesting ideas both to read and to write, and there's nothing saying you can't save whichever ones you don't write now for future writing down the road. I'd probably do A as a oneshot/twoshot and then try working on B, myself.

/textwall

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Anybody care to answer my question if Reality Marbles can change in accordance with their holder's mindset? Like, if somebody had an RM symbolizing their (say) endless loneliness and then made their first true friend or whatever, would their RM disappear? Change? Or what?
    I mean, in HF Shirou and EMIYA's RMs are fundamentally different/incompatible even though Shirou is using the Garm, so seems they can change in more ways than just cosmetics. Hell, even in UBW the RM we see at the end of the route is different at least cosmetically/symbolically from the one CG Emiya uses. My gut is that RMs shift based on how the user percieves themselves/their inner world, so in your example, the RM based on "i'm lonely and edgy" would probably become more like "HEY I HAVE A FRIEND NOW." But based on the closest example we have (HF), I very much doubt that just a shift in mindset can null the ability to manifest an RM entirely since RM manifestation is just a spell. Then again, my lore-fu's not top-notch, so maybe I'm wrong on that one. Anyone care to correct or confirm?
    When you read a post you made five years ago
    accurate descriptions of Type-Moon media
    The Tsukihime remake is of the Hollow elemental alignment. It is that which is possible but does not exist in the physical realm. It is the antithesis of FGO, the Nothingness alignment, that which is impossible but materializes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Orleans: Gilles wishes upon the Grail to make his OC realSeptem: Nero is the best thing since sliced breadOkeanos: Jason is a douchebagLondon: I came here to piss on youAmerica: Make
    Ireland
    America
    Great AgainCamelot: When your liege tells you to return a sword to a sword-distributing strange woman lying in a pond, YOU FUCKING DO IT.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    That's not symbolism, and what it does symbolize is pretty freaking obvious.
    Yeah, it symbolizes

"hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if we drew up the ED to have green grass and stuff"
    "yeah, sure, why not"

And yes Reality Marbles change with how a person changes, that's in Heaven's Feel.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it symbolizes

"hey guys, wouldn't it be cool if we drew up the ED to have green grass and stuff"
    "yeah, sure, why not"
    Why are you insisting on denying that it has any further meaning? Might as well say that Unlimited Blade Works itself is just to look 'cool' without any symbolism.

And yes Reality Marbles change with how a person changes, that's in Heaven's Feel.
    Ah. So it is possible his RM could end up looking like that.

I'd heard vaguely about the HF thing but I wasn't sure exactly how it came up. Does Shirou actually use UBW in that route?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Why are you insisting on denying that it has any further meaning?
    Because you don't do anime OPs and EDs for meaning, you do it because you want something pretty or amusing so people maybe stick around to read the credits rather than go to the bathroom.

Blog Entries
    Because you don't do anime OPs and EDs for meaning, you do it because you want something pretty or amusing so people maybe stick around to read the credits rather than go to the bathroom.
    Doesn't mean it can't have symbolism, especially when this is pretty surface-level stuff that could easily have occurred to the people in charge. Saying that an ED (or OP) can never mean anything at a level beyond immediate visuals is pretty silly.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Ah. So it is possible his RM could end up looking like that.
    Except it doesn't, since, you know, in the actual show it's no different than it has ever been depicted at the end of UBW.

I'd heard vaguely about the HF thing but I wasn't sure exactly how it came up. Does Shirou actually use UBW in that route?
    No, he doesn't, and that's how it comes up, because he can't use Archer's RM because they're different.

My view of it is that it does most likely represent the change in Shirou's life brought on by Rin, but it doesn't actually happen to UBW.

Blog Entries
    Except it doesn't, since, you know, in the actual show it's no different than it has ever been depicted at the end of UBW.
    That was pretty much a few days after he'd confessed his feelings to Rin. She wouldn't have had time to affect him that much yet. It's totally still possible that his RM started shaping into that by the epilogue of UBW, given we never actually see him use it after the fight with Gilgamesh. Of course it doesn't have to be that way, but it's interesting fanon.

Shirou's Reality Marble changing to reflect his development as a person is just a cool idea, IMO.

No, he doesn't, and that's how it comes up, because he can't use Archer's RM because they're different.
    Ah. That makes sense. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    That Shirou has rejected Archer/Kiritsugu's way of thinking is why the Reality Marble has grown toxic.

It's SYMBOLISM that their way of thinking goes against the things he stands for now.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    That was pretty much a few days after he'd confessed his feelings to Rin. She wouldn't have had time to affect him that much yet. It's totally still possible that his RM started shaping into that by the epilogue of UBW, given we never actually see him use it after the fight with Gilgamesh.
    "Good job Rin, you've made all my swords crumble and completely useless. Now I'm gonna go out and be a hero and die immediately because I'll have to rely entirely on my ability to talk people down which I've demonstrated great skill in."

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    That Shirou has rejected Archer/Kiritsugu's way of thinking is why the Reality Marble has grown toxic.

It's SYMBOLISM that their way of thinking goes against the things he stands for now.
    The toxic rains fall as a result, corroding everything.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    mildly interested by C, largely due to the mention of the Individual Eleven - a theme upon which any number of iterations have the potential to be gold. beyond that I'll refrain from commenting since I don't know very much about the EXTRA setting outside the Moon Cell
    Not sure, if I do end up writing C, how well or unwell I'll end up getting this I11-ish plotline, mostly because I'm not sure how well it'd actually resemble it other than the surface-level, and I'm not even sure I really "got" the Individual Eleven that much outside of the whole cyberbrain-virus-linked-to-ideology thing. But the idea was pretty much Pieceman and his philosophy on war (and essays on it that are found post-humously) in the place of Sylvester and his . As for how the rest of it goes, especially it being a originally cyberbrain virus, I'm not quite sure, especially with the sort of vague stagnation or freezing of technology or whatever in the Extraverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    "Good job Rin, you've made all my swords crumble and completely useless. Now I'm gonna go out and be a hero and die immediately because I'll have to rely entirely on my ability to talk people down which I've demonstrated great skill in."
    Fair enough, LOL.

It'd been a while since I last watched UBW, so I forgot whether the swords were still there in the ending or not. Still, maybe he could have a variant with the swords as well as the grassy field and fallen gears? Totally speculative at this point, but it is Fanfic Ideas so...

Pimp My Reality Marble

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough, LOL.

It'd been a while since I last watched UBW, so I forgot whether the swords were still there in the ending or not. Still, maybe he could have a variant with the swords as well as the grassy field and fallen gears? Totally speculative at this point, but it is Fanfic Ideas so...
    What's shown in that ED is "Limited Rusted Metal Bar Works."

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I think David Productions and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure want to have a word with you.

But yeah, while OPs and EDs can have tons of super-cool symbolic shit I don't think that was what ufotable was doing. It'd be pretty cool if someone made a Fic about it, though- Shirou with an Avalon/UBW fusion Reality Marble that actually has legit powers and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.