View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 98 of 242 FirstFirst ... 48889396979899100103108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Just finished a 5e game with Siriel and Christemo and Frosty and one more friend, I think it was probably the longest session I ever played on r20. Pretty good. The best part is it didn't even /feel/ long, it blew by.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Out of curiosity, how long did it run?

Blog Entries
    Accurate representation of how my first test on roll20 went:

Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    RIP Iselda, you were too pure for this world.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long did it run?
    About 8, 9 hours?

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Accurate representation of how my first test on roll20 went:

If it makes you feel better, I once rolled seven natural ones in a row.

Blog Entries
    So I'm curious, has anyone here tried tabletop simulator on steam? I've used it on steam a few times with my friends and it works surprisingly well for starting out as basically a joke on kickstarter but I'm also curious to see what other folks think.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Spinach has that virtual tabletop. I always figured it would be very fussy to use and lag.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I once rolled seven natural ones in a row.
    Oh, she wasn't the one getting strangled.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm the barbarian in this situation.

This literally all came out of me vaguely thinking over a second name/title for the character, randomly coming up with 'Halftusk' as a little identifier, then remembering a picture in the newspaper of some keeper playing with this giant bear which looked like it could rip him in half. I thought it was a neat little anecdote to explain the name, and was exactly the kind of thing a woodsy Barbarian would do, as well as giving me a direction for my totem choice. Then I decided while actually working up the mechanics that I should reflect the episode which gave her the name, and added Animal Handling proficiency as well as opting for a Versatile weapon which would let me wrestle. And so it led to me pinning down mages and screaming at them while they demanded I take a shower.

Seika: "STOP. THE TRAIN. NOW."
    Iselda: "A saboteur, then. I see."
    "I'm afraid I can't do that."
    "Unhand me and I might put in a good word for you in jail later."
    mAc (GM): Meanwhile, having stopped the lightning powering the train, the train's momentarily begun to slow down.
    Iselda: "Last chance."
    Seika: "YOUR LAST CHANCE."
    mAc (GM): (looool)
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Mac what is with you and trains

Also, yay for Totem Barbarians! I picked Wolf for my first one, but I'm now wondering if I should have picked Bear. Seems to fit Goliaths a bit better.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I used a part from the train scenario. It ended up being longer than I thought.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Next time it'll be a blimp.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Next time it'll be a blimp.
    Reminds me of one of those steampunk-y settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    That's basically what the train setting was.

It was a floating continent hovering over the ocean, with high levels of magic; the inside of the continent was hollow, filled with ancient forgotten temples and forbidden relics. The continent was run by various magical guilds, and the players were each part of one. They had to infiltrate a rival guild and sabotage a delivery and diplomatic mission taking place on the train. The train was run with magic, so when they finally go to the conductor in an effort to shut the train down, they found mages pumping lightning into the train's engines to make it run.

Actually, aesthetically I was thinking more Fairy Tail, but still.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I almost got the party killed today and it was great.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    don't worry, next time you'll get them

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    How?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    How?
    To be fair, there's only three of us because some people haven't shown up lately, but it was a thing nonetheless. We needed to get into a warehouse and snoop around, but the only key belonged to the burly caravan leader who we half-suspected might have been allied with the dodgy crew we've been trying to investigate. I've got good Charisma/Persuasion, so I convinced him that someone was planning on making an attempt on his life, and that we'd have to go somewhere more private to talk about it - not a bluff, because there certainly was a person planning on making an attempt on his life, that person being me. As it happens, my fellow paladin had come along, and tried to hide in the hallway while the caravan leader and I went off to "chat."

A paladin in splint mail is not very good at hiding. He was spotted immediately, and then the caravan guy pointed at him and went, "is this the man trying to kill me!?"

I hadn't planned this at all but in the moment said "yes, yes this is definitely the person trying to kill you."

So my paladin friend was chased off to the warehouse, and I went off to wake up the sorceress to actually get the party together to confront this guy. We arrived a couple rounds into the fight, my paladin buddy was suffering but still alive, and the sorceress played to her alignment and did not take part in the combat at all, trying to break it up. Failing at that, mind you, almost hard enough to convince the caravan leader that she, too, was her enemy. After a close brush with death, us two paladins subdued the guy, mostly confirmed that he's not a good dude, and nabbed his keys. The sorceress just sort of stabilized him and took him back to his room, and then joined the rest of us. Not before chastising us for nearly murdering someone unprovoked, but still. The other paladin is totally cool with what happened and the story is advancing, all thanks to my selfless deeds.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So my plan with the Doppelganger and my group is working well, she changed shape into a child and "stole" the wallet of one of the players before luring them into a dark alleyway where she is using hired goons to whittle them down and separate them one by one before escaping and attacking while shapeshifted in the crowd. During the second, the doppelganger got tackled and revealed which has ended up in a rooftop chase.

My group only really has three players now as the fourth has basically dropped it at this point and we had to cut the session short due to one of them being ill but it was real fun.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That's a great story Five. I'm a little annoyed that we have three Charisma mains and they don't think of things like that. They just go with "please do specifically what I want you to do - can I roll persuasion?"

That's definitely a good way to influence people, I wanna try that for myself when I play my next character.

I find it on odd choice to make a Sorceror who is opposed to violence in 5E. One of the big roleplaying failures in 5E is the fact that you can't make any ranged attack without lethal intent. The only option for sparing enemies you bring to zero hitpoints is if you knock them out with a melee attack.

So all your ranged attackers have to either be comfortable killing literally any combatant or just sit out of any battle where they are not 100% convinced the enemy should die.

Sounds like something that ''really'' needs a homerule.