Page 102 of 858 FirstFirst ... 2529297100101102103104107112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Obviously he'd have a Reality Marble/some kind of ability that brings him and the opponent to a "Mars"-like environment.
    WOAH, WOAH, WOAH.

No. That's a Bad Idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot about him. Well that settles it in my opinion. Go ahead, Whatshouldnotbe.
    Edit: Tough I really wonder what his class is going to be...
    I was thinking possibly Saber, and say it's because his heroic feats were accomplished during Barsoom's Age of Heroes, so he has BS stats.

Uh, can you use punctuation and not make a paragraph for each sentence in your posts, please ? Because I think that they will quickly become annoying to read if you keep them like that. And I think this topic of discussion is pretty much closed by now.
    Yeah, John Carter is pretty much a done topic, at least until/if the sheet is done. I kinda like that Telemachus idea, though. It's always interesting to see different takes on a character. I'm not sure if the sheet, apart from the Noble Phantasm, would be different enough from the ones we already have here to merit making though.

Class: Saber
    True Name: John Carter of Mars
    Alignment: chaotic good
    Alternative classes:Archer, Berserker
    Dislike: People who are complete and total dicks.

Strength: E+
    Endurance: D+
    Agility: D+
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    Noble phantasm: A

Skills
    Riding: C
    In life, he was able to ride Barsoomian Airships with great proficiency. He is able to ride any vehicle that can travel in the air.

Magic Resistance: D

In life, he never encountered Magecraft. However, his own expertise at a particular kind of Mystery grants him a higher rank.

Eye of the Mind[False]: B
    This is a particular variant of Eye of the Mind, designed to fit John Carter's particular telepathic abilities. He is trained in a form of telepathy that allows him to read opponent's minds, revealing their next moves, and sense the world around him with his mind,making him able to fight while blind. he can also sense which objects are illusions, and communicate discretely with others from a distance. The last ability is only useful when speaking with allied servants or masters, or negotiating with other masters or servants, since he already has a telepathic connection with his master. This telepathic ability also grants him the equivalent of Bravery at D-rank.

Battle Continuation: C
    John Carter was able to continue fighting even when his body was impaled through the chest, and was able to overpower the pain of having torturous chemicals pumped into his body, enough to break out of his restraints.

Alien Adventurer: A
    On a world alien to Earth, John Carter has all his stats boosted by a single rank. He also deals additional damage to creatures alien to Earth.

Noble Phantasm
    From World to World, 'Impossible Leaps of the Mind': A
    John Carter is capable of projecting an astral form, that appears exactly like him. This astral form has the increased parameters of :
    Strength: A
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    This astral form can be projected anywhere he wishes, but the farther away he projects it, the more prana he must expend. He is comatose while he's projecting, and he can return and reform at will. This form has access to all his skills and his other NP.
    Leaps of Barsoom,'Incredible Leaps of the Body': B
    This noble phantasm allows John Carter access to one of his most famed techniques, the ability to leap vast distances. He can use it to perform extremely short leaps on the battlefield, giving himself the equivalent of Agility at A-rank when using it. He is also able to perform large leaps, moving from place to place within a city at high speeds. For example, in Fuyuki, he could theoretically jump from the Einzbern Manor to Fuyuki Temple in one enormous leap, which would take minutes.

lore

John Carter was an ordinary Southern Soldier, when he discovered a chamber used by the ancient Native Magecraft practitioners to exercise Astral Projection. He discovered his own massive talent at astral projection and psychic abilities when his spirit was propelled to Barsoom, where he received tutelage in his powers. He adventured across Barsoom during it's age of Heroes, sometimes being forced to return to earth due to his astral form being destroyed, but he always returned. He was raised to the level of a Heroic Spirit due to his use of Astral Projection being nigh-on True Magic, and his adventures on Barsoom was the cherry on top.

I get the feeling there's something wrong with this sheet, but I can't quite figure out what.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    @John Carter: For starter, you forgot to close the spoiler for his Noble Phantasm. Secondly, his Magic Resistance is too low for a Saber: even those that never met magic in life, such as Chevalier D'eon, have at least a C-rank in it. And you said right in his lore section that he learned Astral Projection from ancient magecraft. And D-rank is very low no matter the class. I think he could use more skills and I don't really like his Alien Adventurer skill. Maybe replace it with a skill that make it difficult for his equipments and weapons to be identified since they're alien in origin ? Since he was a warlord, I also think he should have Charisma. His Leaps of Barsoom either need a better effect or doesn't deserve to be a NP in the first place. "Jumping really high" sounds way more like a personal skill than a NP. His first NP could also be stronger or/and have more interesting abilities; And does he really have no special items or other famous feats that could be made into NP ? Seem odd for someone who had so much adventures. I think the parameters of his real body should be higher, since he was a trained soldier. And, while it is rather minor, I think the Archer, Rider or even Caster class suit him better than Saber, considering his abilities. All in all, it's honestly not a very good sheet, I'm afraid.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    @John Carter: For starter, you forgot to close the spoiler for his Noble Phantasm. Secondly, his Magic Resistance is too low for a Saber: even those that never met magic in life, such as Chevalier D'eon, have at least a C-rank in it.
    Okita. E-Rank Magic Resistance.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Okita. E-Rank Magic Resistance.
    Oh yeah, her. Tough wasn't she especially designed to be a especially sucky Saber ? My point is that someone who found ancient magecraft lore and used it to learn how to mentally project his own soul deserve a higher Magic Resistance than D.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; November 23rd, 2016 at 04:28 PM.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is possibly the dumbest servant i have ever made.
    I love him. I didn't even write biography because i don't think i can truly make it work.

Ruler
    Faceclaim
    Info
    True Name: Israel
    Also known as: Jacob, Patriarch of the Israelites, He Who Struggles with God, Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the Heavens
    Alignment: Babyface
    Likes: Piety, German Suplexes, Iron-Man Matches, Ladder Matches, Your Local Sports Team, The Undisputed Heavyweight Championship of the Heavens
    Dislikes: Low Blow, Foreign Objects, Pulling up the Hair, Distracting the Ref, Interferences
    Billed from: The Mountain of Penuel
    Height:4,046 cubits
    Weight: 103508 shekels
    Parameters and Skills
    STR: A+++
    END: B+++
    AGI: A+++
    MGI: E+++
    LCK: B+++

Class Skills

Magic Resistance
    A - This skill grants protection against magical effects. Israel eats his vitamins and says his prayers everyday, giving him enough power to withstand the magical assault of any jabroni who tries to interfeer in his matches

True Name Discernment
    B - With this skill status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed when directly encountering a Servant. If summoned as a Ruler, during a direct encounter, a Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a luck check is required. Israel is a true scholar of the game so of course he knows every single one of his opponents skills.

God's Resolution
    B- - Class Skill of the Ruler class, is the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War. Grants Command Spells for the Ruler. Wears of paying his due gave Israel pull backstage and respect form the boys. It's not unheard that when one of the boys fucks up Israel is the one to rule the Wrestler's Court. He is weak against booze tho, so most judgements from there end up with the witness paying Israel and the boys a round

Personal Skills

Battle Continuation
    B - This the strength of vitality for predicaments. Israel managed to outwrestle some of the biggest and baddest opponents from this side of Heaven, even when injured. In fact it's precisely when he is at the most injured that a surge of fighting power hits Israel who hulks out and is able to withstand even the toughest of enemies opponent. Curiously the opponents all seem to act the same way when this happens. They really should watch more tapes

Jacob's Limbs
    EX - The wrestling style that Israel innovated and one of the most dangerous types of codified combat in the world. It was innovated and mastered by Israel who passed down to Moses who passed down to Martha. It is said that when a saint masters this combat technique he is able to defeat an Angel of Destruction who that leads 12,000 angels. Israel of course mastered it becoming quite possibly the strongest servant in hand-to-hand combat. His holds are nearly unbreakable, his techniques undodgeable and his strikes always hit true. This stops being a simply skill and reaches the level of a miracle. His body for all intents and purposes is considered a Noble Phantasm of EX Rank
    Noble Phantasm
    Proof of the Struggle
    Penuel

This Noble Phantasm is the everything for Israel, The One Who Struggles with God. It's the crystalization of the famous duel between Israel, who was then called Jacob, and the Angel of Destruction sent by God to judge how worthy Jacob was. The two wrestled for three entire days without pause matching each other hold for the duration of the day. Seeing he wasn't able to defeat him through normal means, the Angel used his supernatural expertise to dislocate multiple bones from Jacob's Bone. But what happened next caught the Angel completely by surprise. Expecting Jacob to finally give up, the Angel for a brief second lowered his guard and was caught in a tremendous headlock by the broken man. No matter how much the Angel struggled against the injured Israel he was unable to break free from that incredible hold and in pain had to tap out.Not since the days of Gilgamesh and the Bull Heaven, has humanity seen a victory like that. And rumour say that Gilgamesh only took the Bull down because the Bull was forced into accepting a handicap Chain match, which in hindsight wasn't the best course of action. After the victory Jacob was award a gift by god the new name of Israel, which means "He Who Struggles with God", and his most precious gift, the face of god, the mask Israel now wears 24/7: Penuel.
    This Noble Phantasm has a very simple but deadly effect: "To be The Man you gotta beat The Man". This Noble Phantasm is why Israel is such a feared Ruler: As long as Israel has Penuel in his possession, interacting with the Grail is an impossibility. While the grail will still back the servants as normally, it doesn't matter how long the grail war takes or how many Servants have fallen in combat the Grail can't be conquered by any other Servant untill the Mask has come off. There are two ways to take the mask out of him:He either has to willingly give up his mask, an act that will kill and end his grail war immediately, or someone has to challenge him and defeat him in Combat. This essentially makes him the primary focus of any Grail War he participates. To exchange that Peleneus gives him some bonus: Whenever someone tries to do defeat him through less honest ways the Mask will make the Grail empower Israel giving him enought strenght that he will able to Overcome the Odds. He will heal through most poisons, his stamina becomes near infinite, all his stats become buffed and so on. There are definitively ways to beat him through less than savory means but if his opponent isn't able to finish up the job quickly Israel will grow stronger and stronger. On the other hand whenever Israel decides to use less honest means himself he will suffer penalties in his stats and rolls.
    To circumvent those two effects him and his opponent can make an official challenge between each other. Both him and his opponent will be able to suggest stipulations to each other: Chain Match, No Holds Barred, Handicap Match, Tag Team Match, Cage Match and so on. After doing so the Mask will enforce those rules in every combat between Israel and his rival. Penalties and Bonuses will bigger if Israel or his Opponent break the rules and will not go away until either one of the parties lose or if both decide to change the rules.
    Rank EX - Anti-Cheating

This was actually a Bottom-up design? I had this idea for an Noble Phantasm like that for a while but i was searching for a suitable heroic wrestler. First i was going with some old pankration champion(Dioxippus of Athens), then i decided to go with an actual pro wrestler, but settled with Jacob himself. First the Noble Phantasm was an actual championship belt, but i couldn't find a good faceclaim. Then the Peleneus/"Face of God" bit clicked and i went with a Masked Luchador who thankfully have plenty of Religious Imagery.
    The Faceclaim is actually a fanart of El Santo(The Saint), possibly the most famous Mexican Luchador who starred in many movies back in the day and a true icon of Mexican Culture.
    Last edited by JetKinen; November 23rd, 2016 at 05:39 PM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Fate/Wrestlemania

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Luchador! Israel: Oh my God, that is possibly the most hilariously awesome Servant I've ever seen, here or anywhere else. JetKinen, I officially and humbly award you the title King of Servant Crafting. Seriously. While I've seen a couple Jacob/Israel sheets elsewhere, yours is by far the most interesting (not to mention hilarious). I particularly like how you sprinkled in wrestling slang into his Skill descriptions and the like, which just adds to the overall absurdity. He's kind of absurdly wanked with A+++ ranked Strength (several times higher then Heracles) and the like, but he did literally wrestle an Archangel into submission and the sheet itself is so gleefully crazy that it feels wrong even trying to press that point.

You said that you were thinking of writing up a fanfic with Xavier and another Ruler? I'd definitely read any fanfic that features this guy in it....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Luchador! Israel: Oh my God, that is possibly the most hilariously awesome Servant I've ever seen, here or anywhere else. JetKinen, I officially and humbly award you the title King of Servant Crafting. Seriously. While I've seen a couple Jacob/Israel sheets elsewhere, yours is by far the most interesting (not to mention hilarious). I particularly like how you sprinkled in wrestling slang into his Skill descriptions and the like, which just adds to the overall absurdity. He's kind of absurdly wanked with A+++ ranked Strength (several times higher then Heracles) and the like, but he did literally wrestle an Archangel into submission and the sheet itself is so gleefully crazy that it feels wrong even trying to press that point.

You said that you were thinking of writing up a fanfic with Xavier and another Ruler? I'd definitely read any fanfic that features this guy in it....
    Thanks for the kind words
    I don't know if its understood in the sheet but all the +++ in the sheet only begin to happen when people start to trigger the Mask Anti-Cheating effects.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    John Carter: Interesting Servant. Having never read the books myself I can't really comment on the overall accuracy, but he seems well-done. I'd recommend exchanging Eye Of The Mind (False) with a unique Telepathy Skill of some kind, given the effects you gave it are quite a bit more then what that Skill normally has.

Everything else seems fine, or at least I don't know enough of the novels to criticize. Saber seems like a bit of an odd Class for him since there's no mention of a sword of any kind anywhere, but I accept that you couldn't think of any other one to fit him into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Thanks for the kind words
    I don't know if its understood in the sheet but all the +++ in the sheet only begin to happen when people start to trigger the Mask Anti-Cheating effects.
    Yeah, that's fair enough. Are you actually thinking of making a fanfic with this guy?

Blog Entries
    No, not really.

This is just me proclaiming my love for the art of pro wrestling as usual.

Also too lazy to actually write fanfic

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

True Name: Israel
    This is glorious.

If he were to appear in a fanfic it could only be as a Deus ex Machina - show up out of nowhere, suplex the villain so hard they explode and walk away in slow motion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Fate/Wrestlemania

Blog Entries
    "Taste my ultimate Noble Phantasm: RKO"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    "Taste my ultimate Noble Phantasm: RKO"
    "Here i come King of Holds. Do you have enough submissions in stock?"

"Here i come King of Holds. Do you have enough submissions in stock?"
    Shirou, but instead of duplicating Weapons, he duplicates the amazing POWER OF THE MASK and suplexes everyone.

i want this.

anyway, where would a fanfic actually go, since the Fanfic Forum is...... Well....

Blog Entries
    The fanfic forum

Blog Entries
    I can't beat Suplex Savior, so have a proto-hue instead.

Source: http://33.media.tumblr.com/6b5a10955...yT91t1gf37.jpg
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Portugal

Parameters
    Strength: A
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: C
    NP: B

Height/Weight:
    Dislikes: His mother, Galicia, Leon&Castille
    Talents: Weightlifting
    Natural enemy: Moors
    Attribute: Fire
    Traits: Human, Male
    Armament: armor, sword

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (C)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of
    High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Riding: (C)
    Riding, the Class Skill of Rider and Saber, is the ability to ride mounts. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and A-rank can allow for Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts to be mounted. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Can handle all manner of animal mounts that have been expertly trained.
    Because of a fall from his horse, Saber was forced to return most of the land he had conquered as ransom after his capture. That single fateful fall was almost responsible for all of Saber's life's work to be rendered meaningless, reflected in his Riding skill.

Personal Skills:

Father of a Nation: (A)
    A skill based on the independence won from the Kingdom of Leon. As with Septem Colles and other skills possessed by founding figures, Saber can bestow blessings on those he recognizes as his children--heroes of Portuguese descent in particular. Because of Portugal's status as a county previously, and Saber's constant infighting with the French and the Spanish, heroes descended from these two countries will find themselves at a decided disadvantage.

At the end of the 11th century, the Burgundian knight Henry became count of Portugal and defended its independence by merging the County of Portugal and the County of Coimbra. His efforts were assisted by a civil war that raged between León and Castile and distracted his enemies.

Henry's son [Saber] took control of the county upon his death. The city of Braga, the unofficial Catholic center of the Iberian Peninsula, faced new competition from other regions. Lords of the cities of Coimbra and Porto fought with Braga's clergy and demanded the independence of the reconstituted county.

Portugal traces its national origin to 24 June 1128, the date of the Battle of Săo Mamede. Saber proclaimed himself Prince of Portugal after this battle and in 1139, he assumed the title King of Portugal. In 1143, the Kingdom of León recognized him as King of Portugal by the Treaty of Zamora. In 1179, the papal bull Manifestis Probatum of Pope Alexander III officially recognized Saber as king. After the Battle of Săo Mamede, the first capital of Portugal was Guimarăes, from which the first king ruled. Later, when Portugal was already officially independent, he ruled from Coimbra.

Defender of the State: (B)
    Defender of the State is the capacity of a Servant to mark a region as his personal dominion by securing the surrounding leylines prior to an engagement.
    The Reconquista is the period of history of the Iberian Peninsula spanning approximately 770 years between the Islamic conquest of Hispania in 710 and the fall of the last Islamic state in Iberia at Granada to the expanding Christian kingdoms in 1492. Born into an Iberia that was struggling between a vice-like grip of the Moorish states and troubled Spanish kingdoms attempting to stay independent, Saber was constantly pushing back against all of these forces to protect his newly "liberated" Portugal.

But Saber never rested, even after securing his kingdom. He continued to fight the Islamic Moors well past his retirement age, and stayed fit enough to rescue his son at the age of 76.

At this rank, all of Saber's parameters are reinforced while inside his marked region. However, because Portugal wasn't a unified state at the beginning of Saber's campaign--unlike Transylvania--the area he can mark out is smaller than that of Vlad III's. If he were to be summoned in Portugal it's fair to assume he would be literally unstoppable.

Bravery: (A)
    Bravery is the ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination. Not usable under the effects of Mad Enhancement.
    Saber is immune to all mental interference, including distractions, emotions, illusions, etc The Servant is immune to any mental interference below the level of High Thaumaturgy. Even High Thaumaturgy level mental interference will be reduced in potency and duration.

The Siege of Lisbon, from July 1 to October 25, 1147, was the military action that brought the city of Lisbon under definitive Portuguese control and expelled its Moorish overlords. The Siege of Lisbon was one of the few Christian victories of the Second Crusade—it was "the only success of the universal operation undertaken by the pilgrim army," i.e. the Second Crusade. It is seen as a pivotal battle of the wider Reconquista.

In addition to the insurmountable victories he scored against the vast numbers of the Moorish caliphate, the edict that the Pope issued recognizing Portugal as an independent Catholic state was actually demanded of him by Saber himself.

Noble Phantasm

A Raia
    Five Strokes of Victory

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 10-100
    Max Target:10

In a time when the era of swords and their craftsmanship was at its peak, the largest and heaviest any given sword would be is the standard greatsword--127 to 178 centimeters, with a handle that measured 45- 53 inches in additional length. Greatswords weighed between 3 - around 5 kilograms.--Saber's sword was definitely something...unique.
    Varying accounts of the exact size and weight of Saber's sword abound (as the Portuguese had more pressing matters to pay attention to), from 15kg to a whopping 33kg--almost four times as big as the historic average, and said be up to 188cm long.
    Needless to say, Saber is enough of a threat for most Heroic Spirits simply because of A Raia's mammoth size. One legend states that when Saber called for his sword to be brought to him, it took 10 men just to lift it. The amount of force Saber could put behind a swing with a normal sword, much less A Raia, is bound to be astronomical.
    Though Saber's sword in life had no name, it's taken on the identity and nickname of the Spanish-Portuguese border (La Raya in Spanish) meaning "the stripe", signifying Saber's decisive political Portuguese independence.

A Raia's main tactic is its ability to increase or decrease its mass. Given Saber's dexterous control over it, altering A Raia's density to be impossibly heavy on a downswing and light on a backswing can be accomplished with ease, with devastating results. Slamming it into the ground to create several meters-deep trenches or cutting buildings to pieces, the wind disturbance caused by Saber's swing is strong enough to almost constitute a secondary effect by itself. Dropping A Raia from a tall building like a tungsten rod is not out of the question.

Lore

Afonso I, nicknamed "the Conqueror", "the Founder" (O Fundador) or "the Great" by the Portuguese, and El-Bortukali and Ibn-Arrik by the Moors whom he fought, was the first King of Portugal. He achieved the independence of the southern part of the Kingdom of Galicia, the County of Portugal, from Galicia's overlord, the King of León, in 1139, establishing a new kingdom and doubling its area with the Reconquista, an objective that he pursued until his death, in 1185, after forty-six years of wars against the Moors.

Independence from Alfonso VII of León's suzerainty, however, was not a thing he just could achieve militarily. The County of Portugal still had to be acknowledged diplomatically by the neighboring lands as a kingdom and, most importantly, by the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope. Afonso wed Mafalda of Savoy, daughter of Amadeus III, Count of Savoy, and sent ambassadors to Rome to negotiate with the Pope. He succeeded in renouncing the suzerainty of his cousin, Alfonso VII of León, becoming instead a vassal of the papacy, as the kings of Sicily and Aragon had done before him. In 1179 the bull Manifestis Probatum accepted the new king as vassal to the pope exclusively.

In Portugal he built several monasteries and convents and bestowed important privileges to religious orders. He is notably the builder of Alcobaça Monastery, to which he called the Cistercian Order of his uncle Bernard of Clairvaux of Burgundy. In 1143, he wrote to Pope Innocent II to declare himself and the kingdom servants of the church, swearing to pursue driving the Moors out of the Iberian Peninsula. Bypassing any king of León, Afonso declared himself the direct liege man of the papacy. Afonso continued to distinguish himself by his exploits against the Moors, from whom he wrested Santarém and Lisbon in 1147. He also conquered an important part of the land south of the Tagus River, although this was lost again to the Moors in the following years.

Meanwhile, King Alfonso VII of León (Afonso's cousin) regarded the independent ruler of Portugal as nothing but a rebel. Conflict between the two was constant and bitter in the following years. Afonso became involved in a war, taking the side of the Aragonese king, an enemy of Castile. To ensure the alliance, his son Sancho was engaged to Dulce, sister of the Count of Barcelona and Infanta of Aragon. Finally after winning the Battle of Valdevez, the Treaty of Zamora established peace between the cousins and the recognition by the Kingdom of León that Portugal was a sovereign kingdom.

In 1169 the now old Dom Afonso was disabled in an engagement near Badajoz by a fall from his horse, and made prisoner by the soldiers of the king of León Ferdinand II also his son-in-law. Portugal was obliged to surrender as his ransom almost all the conquests Afonso had made in Galicia in the previous years.

In 1179 the privileges and favors given to the Roman Catholic Church were compensated. In the papal bull Manifestis Probatum, Pope Alexander III acknowledged Afonso as king and Portugal as an independent crown with the right to conquer lands from the Moors. With this papal blessing, Portugal was at last secured as a kingdom.

In 1184, in spite of his great age, he still had sufficient energy to relieve his son Sancho, who was besieged in Santarém by the Moors. Afonso died shortly after, on 6 December 1185. The Portuguese revere him as a hero, both on account of his personal character and as the founder of their nation.

Personality

During his mother Teresa's rule of the County of Portugal, Afonso made it known to her that he was displeased with the way she was leading Portugal, and implied that there were better answers. He was 11 years old. Fearing insurrection from her strangely worldly and ambitious son, Teresa had Afonso exiled. Growing up with an uncle, the day Afonso turned 14--the age of adulthood in ancient Portugal--he made himself a knight, gathered up an army, and deposed his mother.
    Consequently, Saber is a stoic man who may give off the impression that he's constantly displeased with something. Which isn't far from the truth, but that isn't to say he isn't capable of feeling pride and joy just like anyone else. Due to the advanced age he's summoned in, it's easy to equate him to a rough, but sternly caring grandfather.

Tactics

Fighting in a confined space is definitely something the Master of Saber can't afford, especially because he'll most likely refuse to make use of A Raia if there's a possibility of endangering innocent lives. A wide open field, wasteland, or the like would be the most beneficial, with the Master preparing around that sort of environment.
    Last edited by Ail Don; November 23rd, 2016 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Great sheet.
    I admit that as a hue, i don't know a whole lot about most of the Luso-figures, but i always have a soft spot for them.
    Raia has a really simple but effective design

I just don't know if calling his period the peak of swordcraftmanship is accurate with the Nasuverse.

- - - Updated - - -

Also consider sticking to a single measurement system.