Page 140 of 858 FirstFirst ... 4090130135138139140141142145150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Update: Just realized that in my haste to post up the sheet, I forgot to include a Likes and Dislikes section. Corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Since we're saying sheets we'd like to see... I dont think i've seen anyone make a Catherine the Great sheet so that would be interesting to see.
    Pretty sure I remember finding one back in the old thread once.

*looks back* ...Or maybe not. I think I got her confused with Tamar the Great.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I know almost nothing about GO's Babylon event other then it involves Tiamet in some way. Were they any particular reveals as to extraterrestrial weaponry? I mainly included it because there is a popular legend that Bowie's original knife was forged from a meteorite and it seemed like a good way to inject a little more fantasy into his sheet.
    Oh... Well, if I understood things correctly

Spoiler:
    The whole South American Divine Pantheon was created as a result of a meteorite crashing into Gaia and releasing some microorganism onto the animals which turned them into deities. I thought the meteorite you were referring to in your sheet was the same one, just a piece of it procured to craft the knife out of it. Guess I was wrong lel.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    For me it was 70% America 30% Euro 0% literally anything else.
    Well, it's understandable. Only reason I learned so much about WWII besides it being probably the most unforgettable moment in human history is because my country was a Nazi puppet state that committed a lot of atrocious shit for Hitler during WWII so we get the a lighter version of the German educational system. Can't have any Neo-Nazis running around after all.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Rider Pinochet
    The only acceptable faceclaim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    Oh... Well, if I understood things correctly

Spoiler:
    The whole South American Divine Pantheon was created as a result of a meteorite crashing into Gaia and releasing some microorganism onto the animals which turned them into deities. I thought the meteorite you were referring to in your sheet was the same one, just a piece of it procured to craft the knife out of it. Guess I was wrong lel.
    Ah, yeah. I did read about that actually, but I wasn't thinking of it at all when writing up the sheet.

It's just a generic meteor in my mind, though you're free to imagine it as something in specific if you want.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since we're saying sheets we'd like to see... I dont think i've seen anyone make a Catherine the Great sheet so that would be interesting to see.
    I wanted to write her up, but I still have other Servants I want to write and I'm lazy as it already is so I think I'll let someone else do the first Catherine sheet

Ah, yeah. I did read about that actually, but I wasn't thinking of it at all when writing up the sheet.

It's just a generic meteor in my mind, though you're free to imagine it as something in specific if you want.
    I see. Was just the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that part of your sheet.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlet View Post
    I wanted to write her up, but I still have other Servants I want to write and I'm lazy as it already is so I think I'll let someone else do the first Catherine sheet
    If anyone could do a good sheet on her it's you, I considered it but my attempts were quite uninspired so I scrapped it.

Also, Drunk Berserker Roland when?

Still waiting on Walt Disney

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If anyone could do a good sheet on her it's you, I considered it but my attempts were quite uninspired so I scrapped it.

Also, Drunk Berserker Roland when?
    Flattery, is it? Well, it works. I guess I can do her as my next Servant just for you. Almost done finishing up a dragon-rider Servant so I'll start on her afterwards. Don't want to burn through all the WWII figures I had in mind immediately anyway.

As for Zerker Roland, perhaps soon. I've been itching to do a Matter of France Servant, only reason I haven't done one yet is because there's so many good sheets done on them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Double-posting.... again.

-------

Source: (X)
    Class: Rider (Alternatively Ruler or Caster)
    True Name: Saint Romanus of Rouen
    Alias: St. Romain
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Origin: Legend of St. Romain
    Region:
    France

Height/Weight: 168cm/48kg
    Dislikes: Demons, disaster, lustful individuals
    Talent: Fighting monsters (be it demons or dragons), creating miracles
    Natural Enemy: La Gargouille
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Human
    Armament: Romanus' armament consists of a regular sword, an armour set crafted out of mana and a huge battle cross similar to the one carried by Saint Martha, fitting for a bishop of the Church. Though the sword looks artistically beautiful in appearance, it's a normal sword she obtained during her time as the Chancellor of France working under the King's court. It's durability is enough to cut through the skin of demons and not break upon clash with actual Noble Phantasms, but her preferred style of battle is more so smashing everything into submission with her more blunt battle cross staff that she carries with her.
    Catalyst: Due to being a legendary Heroic Spirit with little historical value, obtaining any personal belongings of hers to use as a catalyst would be difficult. To be perfectly honest, a more viable catalyst to use for her direct summoning would perhaps be a part of the stained glass windows or the south gate located in the Rouen Cathedral that depict episodes of Romanus' life. Another usable catalyst would be the stained glass windows of the église Saint-Godard. Procuring said catalyst from the Holy Church is, however, another matter.

Class skills:

Magic Resistance:
    (A)
    Measures one's capability in defending against attacks or weapons containing magical properties. It is a different skill from resisting magical energy, as it cancels spells all-together. At this rank, it is entirely possible to cancel spells of A rank or below, regardless of what form of high-thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is essentially untouchable by modern Magi and can therefore be called an effective ''Magus Killer''. As someone who's lived in a time when full-scale battles of Magecraft and rampaging demons were not an uncommon sight, Romanus herself has developed an extremely high resistance against Magic through her own adventures. Having fought demons numerous times during her life, she is experienced when it comes to dealing with trickery Magic in particular. More-so, because the most famous episode of her legend was a fight between herself and a powerful fire-breathing dragon, her Magic Resistance is the highest possible. The same rank as Saint Martha's.

Riding: (A+++)
    Measures one's ability to use vehicles and beasts as mounts. On this level, it is not only possible to utilize vehicles and animals with far above average skill, but rather, even members of the Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast kind can be used as effective mounts. With a rank higher than the average Rider, Romanus' most exceptional aspect of this skill is her ability to command even creatures on the level of Dragon kind as a mount. Her legend is famous for having tamed a fearsome, fire-breathing dragon that was hiding and attacking people at the side of a river located in Rouen. A '+' modifier is granted to this skill due to her ability to ride Dragon kind capable of flight rather than just ground dragon kind - which is the rank Saint Martha possesses for her capability of taming Tarasque. Because of this, aerial warfare is an area where Romanus absolutely dominates with the help of her Noble Phantasm.

Personal skills:

Saint:
    (B)
    A skill granted to those that have been acknowledged as a Saint. Upon their summoning as a Servant, they are granted a privilege of the Saint which allows them to pick one from the four following effects; "raising the effectiveness of sacraments", "automatic HP recovery", "1 Rank-Up to Charisma" and "production of a holy shroud is possible". In Romanus' case, her preferable pick will most likely be automatic HP recovery so she could continue leading a fearsome battle against her foes and subsequently beat them into submission with her holy cross. This skill is granted to Romanus due to her recognition as a Saint by both the Eastern Orthodox Church and Roman Catholic Church. As the Archbishop of Rouen, her legend is infamous in France where a fair cult based around her is located and a feast day in her name exists.

Baptism Sacrament (False):
    (A)
    A type of Magecraft which changed it's form to fit the style of the Holy Church. It is most effective when utilized on spiritual bodies in particular. Romanus herself was famed for dealing with condemned spirits in life and further leading fights against members of the demon kind. Though this is not known to many, but the truth is that what Romanus is utilizing isn't truly a form of baptist sacraments. Rather than that, her success in defeating demons laid in a more obscure, special form of Witchcraft she utilized to repel the demons' curses back at them with more effectiveness than they initially had. A counter-form of Witchcraft she invented to effectively battle demonic magic used by her enemies. Though she herself likes to refer to it as a form of Baptism Sacrament. It was because of this method that she exorcised many demons during her travels and battles at Pagan temples.

Divine Protection: (A)
    A form of divine protection that gives the user the quick-wittedness and the brute strength needed to defeat beasts unaided. In practice, it raises the effectiveness of the user when dealing with demonic individuals. To put it in simpler terms, due to being under protection of personal Angels, Romanus is entirely immune against attacks based on mental interference that usually cases one to fall to temptations - an effective antibiotic to illusions casted by demons so to say. Additionally, it grants them a rank up in STR when dealing with beasts. In Romanus' case - as previously mentioned - she is under the complete protection of angelic spirits that repel mental interference. The acquirement of this skill stems from an episode of Romanus' legend in which a poor old woman requested help from Romanus and she - feeling something was off, but not desiring to renege her duties of hospitality - allowed her entrance inside her home.

Once inside, the old woman revealed her true form as a demon and when done so, Romanus asked the Lord for his protection which resulted in an angel intervening and throwing the demon into a bottomless pit. On a side, it might be worthy to note that the reason for skill's effectiveness might be Romanus' deep pious behaviour which resulted in countless days spent in nothing but prayer. In regards to the Holy Grail War, Romanus - who has been ressurected as a Servant by the Holy Grail - does not contain any wish to request from the Grail nor does she consider herself to be a vessel to the soul of her original - but rather, she is the instrument of God himself. She doesn't mind this existence, and she is fully content with being once again in the service of her lord while feeling the joy of adventurous battle.

Miracle: (C+)
    A 'miracle' that makes the impossible into possible. Although it has similarities with the skill Pioneer of the Stars, it is essentially different in what it can be applied to. For an example, while Pioneer of the Stars denotes the user's sheer talent and capability in making difficult voyages considered impossible to complete result in possible success, the skill Miracle is more supernatural in the things it applies to. In short, it's a miracle that through mysterious, supernatural methods completes a task that is otherwise deemed as impossible - such as reviving dead men and healing the sick and injured. For Romanus, who was considered a renowned miracle maker during her life, there are various things she can apply this skill to.

To name a case, if she is given the pieces of a entirely shattered weapon or anything material in nature that is deemed irreparable due to the sheer damage it has taken, Romanus is able to brought it back to a perfect state before it was broken as if it weren't broken in the first place so long as she has a piece of said material. This does not apply to physical material only since for her, it is also possible to entirely restore the magical properties or spiritual contents of an object she repairs. It's a skill she gained from an episode in her legend in which she miraculously repaired a broken vase containing the holy chrism after it had been shattered and it's contents spilled. Another example of the scenario in which she can apply this skill would perhaps be when dealing with natural disasters. By reciting a prayer, she can please and calm down mother nature, stopping the advance of any flood or powerful storm just like in life when she commanded a river to fall down in order to avoid a flood.

Fort Raider: (B)
    Measures one's skill in fighting in conditions in which one is treated as an attacker against an enemy hiding behind the walls of a temple or a fortress, essentially a raider on enemies holding down the fort. Raises basic battle performance and ranks up physical stats by one rank when leading an attack against enemy territory. Particularly for Romanus, she excels at destroying enemy territory protected by a Divine being different from that of her own god. In her legend, Romanus was known for her continuous raids on temples and fortresses that were built in reverence to Roman and other form of Gods. Because of this, she often clashed with demons and beasts that guarded the fort. As far as her skill as a raider goes, she is confident that she could raid and defeat the extremely powerful demon chief of Mt. Ooe - Shuten douji - in her own territory, but it can also be said that this is only a statement out of pure self-confidence...

Noble Phantasm(s)

Saint Romain
    Privilege of the Archbishop

Type: Anti-Unit (Self), Anti-Unit, Anti-Imprisonment
    Range: 0
    Max. Target: 1 person

A Noble Phantasm that represents the privilege of Saint Romain - a rare rule that allowed for the archbishop to pardon one condemned man from enclosure every year on Ascension day. It is a privilege that existed ever since the 12th century and was created with the legend of Saint Romanus as it's basis. In particular, there is a part of her legend in which she uses a condemned prisoner as bait for a dragon and after subduing said dragon, she had pardoned the man from his imprisonment. As a Noble Phantasm, this is crystallized as a constantly active ability of Saint Romanus. In particular, it allows her to miraculously escape imprisonment of any form no matter what.

For an example, if she were to be chained down, the chains would suffer a failure check and they would loosen enough for her to easily escape. If held down by an enemy, the enemy would receive a temporary rank down in STR enough for Romanus to escape their grasp. Even while held in enclosed prison cells, Romanus would be able to find an effective weak point or way to dispel the cell and escape from it as soon as possible. It's an extremely effective counter to imprisonment Noble Phantasm such as chains that have the concept of being ''impossible to break free from'' as the concept of this Noble Phantasm makes the user ''impossible to be restrained and their freedom taken''.

It has another trump card that she is allowed to use. Said trump card is her privilege to transfer this law to another person of her choice for a full day. It makes it easy for her to save her Master from capture or to break free allied Servants. Though this privilege can be used on another individual only once in the Holy Grail War. The Noble Phantasm itself offers no actual defensive or offensive values, but it's a perfect Noble Phantasm for someone like Romanus who hates being pinned down more than anything else.

La Gargouille
    Bat-Winged Dragon of Seine

Type: Anti-Army, Anti-Fortress
    Range: 1~99
    Max. Target: 1000 people

A powerful, fire-breathing dragon with bat-like wings that later became the prototype of the Gargoyle - a carved gothic-styled demon statue or being often depicted in modern culture. Just like the Tarasque is to Saint Martha, the Gargouille is an evil dragon from Romanus' legend which often devoured people indiscriminately and served to be as a form of a powerful beastly adversary to the young Saint. Upon hearing of the dragon's existence, like your average person of legend with a large hero complex, she set out on a travel to the river side to fell the evil dragon through her own power. Despite the dragon's immense power, she managed to subdue it after a hard battle using her specific tactics of defeating dragonkind.

As such, when summoned as a Servant, this dragon which serves as the most famous part of her legend is summoned alongside her as the basis of the reasoning of her summoning into the Rider class. It is a powerful mount that absolutely outclasses any form of other mounts usually summoned by the Rider class and makes Romanus herself an extremely powerful Heroic Spirit to have under one's control. The breath of a dragon - in particular - possesses extraordinary power and makes Romanus a high-ranked Servant no matter what Grail War she is summoned into - falling short of only Servants such as Gilgamesh or Karna.

Besides it's immense firepower, the dragon itself possesses high ranking strength and endurance as well as an absolute resistance to heat based attacks due to it's sturdy skin which adapted to the constant heat of the dragon's own flames. With this dragon under her control, Romanus is a Servant that dominates aerial warfare and raiding enemy forts becomes even an easier task. Even-so, the true form of this Noble Phantasm is not the dragon itself, but rather it is the technique which Romanus had employed to subdue the Gargouille. Using her taming technique and a stole, Romanus is able to create a leash that allows for her to take control of any Phantasmal Beast in an effective manner.

Because the scenario in which other Phantasmal Beast besides her own dragon are summoned is extremely low due to the limitation of a Rider Servant usually being limited only to 1 per Holy Grail War, the possibility of using this technique on anything other than her own dragon is low and as such the only real purpose this Noble Phantasm will serve is to command her own dragon. Though that alone is enough to make her a dangerous foe no matter what.

Lore
    Bishop of Rouen, France. She owed her elevation to the bishopric to the patronage of the Frankish king Clotaire II in whose court Romanus had grown up. As bishop, she worked to extirpate all lingering paganism, and personally tore down a temple to Venus. She also cared for condemned prisoners. Romanus was famous for performing miracles.

Her mother Félicité lamented her sterility until one night an angel appeared to Romain's father announcing that a child would be born in his house. Very young, Romanus was sent to the king's court. This was common for young aristocrats of the time - those who went were known as nourris, meaning that they effectively carried out domestic duties to the court in return for some education, before being sent back to the provinces as bishops or counts. There Romanus met saints Eligius and Audoin. When the episcopal seat of Rouen became vacant, the college of canons voted for Romanus and the king consented to their choice, offering Romain a cross.

Personality
    A deeply pious individual, Romanus is a girl that possesses both a deep devotion to her God and a very cheerful and optimistic view on the world. She enjoys chasing after adventures and playing silly games or fighting worthy individuals. Though she seems like a nice and well-mannered person on the surface, it is also no secret that Romanus herself is a very provocative girl... In particular, she excels at shit-talking. She is confident that she could provoke anyone no matter who the person is as long as they hold even a shimmer of pride. Teasing others is one of her hobbies after all.

An overly optimistic and self-confident girl that loves being the best at everything. Her provocative behaviour is hard to deal with even for demons and dragons... So whoever summons her better hope they have a personality strong enough to constantly deal with her bothering them about everything and rushing into battle even when she should stay on the sidelines.

Tactics
    Aside from having a dragon... Romanus herself is a strong Servant to begin with. In particular, she excels at launching attacks on the enemy and penetrating into enemy territory with ease. She is also an useful Servant to have for Magi because she can easily restore magic artifacts with her skill, Miracle.
    Last edited by Adlet; December 12th, 2016 at 05:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Romanus: A pretty creative Servant with a fun personality. I like your take on her Baptism Sacrament (False) and her first NP adds some flavor beyond being 'just' a dragon-rider. Honestly, with her outrageously optimistic and cocky, yet cute personality it sounds like she'd easily become a fan-favorite in any anime she were to show up in.

Wonder how she'd get along with my Don Quixote, given that they seem at least somewhat similar personality-wise? (Both cheerful hyper-confident girls with a love for adventure)

Dang, this is a pretty powerful Servant. The sheet is pretty nice, as per usual. A few notes, though. Firstly, you referred to Witchcraft as Withcraft a few times. I'm not one to talk when it comes to that stuff, but that one really stood out to me, and seemed like a pretty easy fix. Secondly, is this a genderbend, or not? I'm not familiar with them so idk.
    Also, what is this:

It's cool looking, but how did you make it? Is there a program or something?

Lastly, you've reminded me to look into Saints. Between this and Ail Don's Loch Ness Monster guy, it seems like there is some crazier stuff going on there than I had previously realized.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Romanus: A pretty creative Servant with a fun personality. I like your take on her Baptism Sacrament (False) and her first NP adds some flavor beyond being 'just' a dragon-rider. Honestly, with her outrageously optimistic and cocky, yet cute personality it sounds like she'd easily become a fan-favorite in any anime she were to show up in.

Wonder how she'd get along with my Don Quixote, given that they seem at least somewhat similar personality-wise? (Both cheerful hyper-confident girls with a love for adventure)
    They'd get along very well due to their mutual cheerful personalities and love for adventureous battle like you mentioned. I'd imagine their friendship would be more of a rivalry than anything also, since they'd likely try to pick fights with one another all the time due to their mutual self-confidence and love for fights.

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Dang, this is a pretty powerful Servant. The sheet is pretty nice, as per usual. A few notes, though. Firstly, you referred to Witchcraft as Withcraft a few times. I'm not one to talk when it comes to that stuff, but that one really stood out to me, and seemed like a pretty easy fix. Secondly, is this a genderbend, or not? I'm not familiar with them so idk.
    Also, what is this:

It's cool looking, but how did you make it? Is there a program or something?

Lastly, you've reminded me to look into Saints. Between this and Ail Don's Loch Ness Monster guy, it seems like there is some crazier stuff going on there than I had previously realized.
    How do I not notice those typos lol. Thanks, I'll fix them. And yeah, I'm guilty as charged. It's a genderbend, mostly because I wanted to use that faceclaim and couldn't really find a better looking one. As for the parameters pic, I just make that in a few seconds in Paint net. I already said this to Ail Don, but if anyone really wants to use that they can go ahead and copy it or if they don't know how to make their version of it, just pm me or something with the stats you want and I'll make it in a second whenever I see the message.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Another well made and entertaining sheet, nice job. I'm a little reminded of my own Saint Margaret sheet in made in the old thread with similar skills and everything but dragon riding saints are a select niche, I wonder how they'd get along or what would happen in a grail war with the pair like Apocrypha. The first NP adds a lot of flavour to her alongside Miracle and the false Baptism Sacrament skill. And she has a fun personality too.

I look forward to Catherine the Great since you said you'd have a go.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I've started work on Aeneas, may post him this year depending on my workload and if I can shorten the Aeniad into a suitable lore section. I may need help from alcohol to abridge it.

Blog Entries
    if I can shorten the Aeniad into a suitable lore section. I may need help from alcohol to abridge it.
    Or...

Lore:

Spoiler:
    Read the Aeniad. Ya lazy bunch of fuckin' nerds.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Or...

Lore:

Spoiler:
    Read the Aeniad. Ya lazy bunch of fuckin' nerds.
    I ain't that lazy. That and you'd miss out on my drunk abridged version of it.

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Finally got a chance to edit in the second Noble Phantasm, decided to do something with Joyeuse to make it better.
    My Servant Comepndium
    Make Middle-Earth great again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Obsidian View Post
    Finally got a chance to edit in the second Noble Phantasm, decided to do something with Joyeuse to make it better.
    Is there any particular reason why Joyeuse's poison targets eyes specifically?

Friendly neighborhood Dark Lord! Mr.Obsidian's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Not Worth anything yet
    Blog Entries
    Is there any particular reason why Joyeuse's poison targets eyes specifically?
    Since from what I could find is that the sword blinded people by being extremely bright so I figured it would be a good idea to make it fully Joyeuse-Inversed
    My Servant Comepndium
    Make Middle-Earth great again!

Excuse me but I thought riding a dragon is a separate skill from Riding?

Blog Entries

Source:
    http://svetaxnami.deviantart.com/art...-s-4-622823342
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Origin: Folklore
    Region: Ireland

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Endurance: A
    Agility: C
    Mana: EX
    Luck: D
    NP: A

Height/Weight: Varies
    Likes: Scathach, war, people trying to fight fate, Cu Chulainn
    Dislikes: Plenty of other things
    Talents: Not being very effective
    Natural enemy: Cu Chulainn
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Female, Divine, Human
    Armament: Nothing

Class Skills:

Territory Creation: (B)
    Territory Creation is a Caster-class skill. It is the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.
    Creation of a "Workshop" becomes possible.

Item Construction: (B)
    Item Construction is a Caster-class skill. It is the skill to manufacture magical items.
    At this rank, Caster is capable of producing items that carry definitive magical power. As she was never known to have created anything physical in her life, Caster would ordinarily be awarded with a much lower rank in this skill. Due to protestations that she merely wasn’t trying all of that time, it’s been raised.

Personal Skills:

Combination: (EX)
    Combination is a Skill that displays how much one's combat power increases when on a united front with a specific person.
    At this rank, Caster has ceased functioning as an individual who gains buffs when exposed to another individual and has become a “collective of individuals”. A [three-in-one], Caster is actually three people that have forgone their personal identities for that of a single encompassing title. Although not usually summonable in a Grail War in the first place, it is impossible to summon Caster without this Skill.

Usually appearing as a single woman, Caster can also appear as two or three. While this doesn’t change the effectiveness of the skill, it does split her multiple personalities into (possibly) easier to comprehend separate parts. Caster will, however, continue to speak through all three bodies as if they were still one, which is creepy. As three bodies, no matter how severe the battlefield, they are intrinsically aware of the best course of action to take around each other due to their hivemind. While it’s marginally possible to summon the individual aspects alone, the nature of Caster’s combination doesn’t affect the Noble Phantasm.

Shapeshifting: (A)
    Shapeshifting refers to both borrowing bodies and appearance change. A method used by the millenary spirits of foxes and badgers of China that are put on par with Tamamo-no-Mae. It is also one of the powers of a vampire.

Caster’s earliest narrative appearances, in which she is depicted as an individual, are in stories of the Ulster Cycle, where she has an ambiguous relationship with the hero Cú Chulainn. In Táin Bó Regamna, Cúchulainn encounters Caster, but does not recognise her, as she drives a heifer from his territory. In response to this perceived challenge, and his ignorance of her role as a sovereignty figure, he insults her. But before he can attack her she becomes a black bird on a nearby branch. Cúchulainn now knows who she is, and tells her that had he known before, they would not have parted in enmity. She notes that whatever he had done would have brought him ill luck. To his response that she cannot harm him, she delivers a series of warnings, foretelling a coming battle in which he will be killed. She tells him, "it is at the guarding of thy death that I am; and I shall be.

In the Táin Bó Cuailnge queen Medb of Connacht launches an invasion of Ulster to steal the bull Donn Cuailnge; Caster appears to the bull in the form of a crow and warns him to flee. Cúchulainn defends Ulster by fighting a series of single combats at fords against Medb's champions. In between combats Caster appears to him as a young woman and offers him her love, and her aid in the battle, but he rejects her offer. In response she intervenes in his next combat, first in the form of an eel who trips him, then as a wolf who stampedes cattle across the ford, and finally as a white, red-eared heifer leading the stampede, just as she had warned in their previous encounter.

Caster can take on a myriad forms of animals and other people, as well as possess most people with little resistance. More fond of taking on the form of an animal when the need arises, she particularly likes birds.

Divinity: (A+)
    Divinity is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    Although represented usually as a combination of three goddesses, one of Caster’s personalities is entirely human. Thus, a unique opportunity to employ a rank not seen since Gilgamesh. As a composite Divine Spirit, the pressure of Gaia is greatly reduced, greatly lowering the mana cost associated with both maintaining the servant, as well as any ability that would make alterations to the world that Gaia would otherwise attack, the alteration also lasts five times as along. Any being that attacks the servant gains an increased pressure from Gaia, raising the cost of maintaining it, as well as the cost of any ability that would cause an alteration that would be naturally attacked by Gaia, these abilities also have a reduced duration, lasting only half as long.

Clairvoyance: (A)
    Clairvoyance connotes superior visual perception and dynamic occipital capture, such as to supplement the long-range aiming of projectile weapons. At higher ranks, it is possible that the bearers of this skill have acquired such abilities as precognition ("future vision") and other forms of perception beyond standard eyesight (X-ray vision and so forth).
    For Caster, who has A rank or higher in this skill, one type of future sight becomes possible. Though unable to read minds, she is highly proficient in predicting death, balancing out any +’s or -’s to equal a straight A rank.

Noble Phantasm

Bás Caomhnóir
    If Only Ye Had Known

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 50
    Max Target: 1

Cu Chulainn’s curse that enabled him to reverse the nature of causality through Gae Bolg--which wasn’t an implicit function of his great spear--was bestowed on him by Caster. Though Cu Chulainn has made great use of this “gift”, with Scathach finding the same method Caster employs after departing from the world of humanity, the true guardian of death is Caster herself.

As with Gae Bolg, Caster’s Noble Phantasm functions by killing the opponent before the attack has even started. The "result" of "death" is created earlier than the act of killing, while the "cause" that "one has been killed" is generated later. It is a technique epitomizing Caster’s control over the Fifth Magic, in that the exact position of the victim in the timeline has been warped so as to snap itself into ribbons.

While exponentially destructive, Caster is actually unable to use it as freely as Cu Chulainn. Caster must first spend a total of three days observing the enemy, absorbing the knowledge of their fate that she’ll then put into the construction of a “deeper, more intimate representation of the target’s soul” that goes beyond what is displayed by the Servant body. A sort of puzzle that even Caster, despite her prodigious fortune-telling abilities, is unaware of how it will turn out. Personalized for every enemy she keeps, Caster must first solve the puzzle of the victim’s [heart] before she is allowed to take it for herself. The puzzle that is created could be something like a pool of water, a broken mirror, a mathematical equation, or any number of physical or metaphysical predicaments. The pool might need draining or filling with something else, the mirror might need fixing, and the equation might need solving, etc. Depending on the obscurity and personal feats of the victim involved, Caster is smart enough to figure out most of her puzzles in about a day or two. Meaning, that once Caster has targeted her victim and began preparations, they are guaranteed no more than a week left to live. Unlike the diluted curse pumped through the disturbingly efficient Gae Bolg, however, Bás Caomhnóir is 100% unavoidable should Caster be allowed to complete its activation. If the target is capable of death, they are already dead.

When asked, Caster might lazily attempt to come up with an excuse as to why her method of instant death is so convoluted and not very instantaneous. Really, she just likes having something to do.

Lore

The Morrígan is most well known as an Irish Goddess who often appears in crow or raven form, and is associated with battle, warriors, sovereignty, prophecy, and otherworldly power. Though early source literature referencing her only exists in Irish, folklore and archaeological records suggest that She, or closely related divinities, were known and worshiped in Britain and Gaul as well, suggesting that we have in her a pan-Celtic Goddess.

The Morrígan’s name translates from the Irish as ‘Great Queen’ or ‘Phantom Queen’. This name is a key to her nature, showing that sovereignty and queenship are core aspects of her identity and power. Some scholars have given the name an alternate etymology, translating it as ‘Phantom Queen’ (from proposed Proto-Celtic *mor, connoting terror/nightmare, or *mar, connoting the dead). It should be noted that popular etymologies interpreting the Morrígan’s name as connoting ‘Sea Queen’ (via the Welsh mor=sea) and connecting Her to the Arthurian character Morgan le Fay, are incorrect.

As one of the Celtic sovereignty Goddesses, the Morrígan has an association with the land itself, and the rulership and protection of the land and its people. Her seasonal appearances are linked to rituals of warfare and sovereignty as they appear to have been practiced in early Irish society. Archaeological and literary evidence suggests that her earliest manifestations may have been as a tribal/territorial Goddess, and that her war-bringing and martial functions arose out of this sovereignty and tutelary role.

As the Morrígan is best documented in the Irish literature, reflecting early medieval perceptions of Iron Age Celtic society, a cattle-raiding warrior culture, we know her best as a Goddess of battle, heroes, and the dead. The Morrígan is deeply associated in her source lore with incitement of heroes toward glory in battle, with the granting of victory, and with their deaths; in Her own words, She says to the great hero Cú Chulainn, “I am guarding your death.” In battle, She takes part in the action primarily through the use of sorcery, Druidic magic, shapeshifting, terrorizing the foe, and giving aid and strategic information to Her people. She shapeshifts into many forms in Her tales, including crow and raven, cow, wolf, eel, and both old and young women. She also appears as a sexual figure, offering victory and prophetic aid to her chosen war-leader with whom she mates. She also fulfills important roles with regard to poetry and prophecy, giving poetic incitements to the heroes of the Tuatha Dé Danann to rise to their hour of need, giving prophetic pronouncements of victory or of doom on the eve of decisive battles, and announcing the victories and the tales of great deeds afterward.

A common perception of the Morrígan is that She is a form of ‘the Triple Goddess’. While it is true that in many instances where She appears in the Irish literature, She is described as being one of three ‘sisters’, or is referred to as a trinity directly, it should be understood that the triplicity of the Morrígan is NOT equivalent to modern Wiccan ideas of ‘the Triple Goddess’. The Morrígan cannot be neatly fit into a modern ‘Maiden-Mother-Crone’ trinity based on a rigid model of female reproductive status, nor should we attempt to force Her into that model.

Triple-formed deities are very common in Celtic religion. We see examples of this in the three sovereign land Goddesses of Ireland, Ériu, Banba, and Fotla; in the Three Gods of Skill; in the Three Craftsman Gods; and in the Matres or Matrones, Gaulish Celtic Goddesses appearing in groups of three. In each of these examples and many others, the three members of the triad to fulfill related roles as part of a single primary functions. For the ancient Celts, operating within a triune cosmology (land, sky, and underworld/sea), to frame an identity or concept in a triune form conveyed totality. Thus, triads of divinities represent the totality of a set of divine roles or functions, individualized into three characters.

In the case of the Morrígan, it does not work to neatly classify her epiphanies into three distinct identities or faces; for many different names appear in these triune groupings (Morrígan, Badb, Macha, Némain, Féa), and there is not complete consistency in which three appear and how they are described in the literature. Certainly, not one of these Goddesses or aspects of the Morrígan can be neatly identified with a Maiden, Mother or Crone archetype.

Personality

Domineering, cold, smug, and inevitable. The Morrigan expresses the qualities of the very death she stands watch over as personality traits. Rather, this is just an image she’d like to maintain for herself. In reality she’s prone to worrying and frequently acts like a battered housewife when she thinks she can get away with it. A real female chuuni, her childish behavior is exacerbated when inhabiting multiple bodies, to only be eclipsed by her most present and constant emotion. Terminal boredom.

Tactics

Caster does not work for you, you for Caster.

----------------
    I won't be satisfied until I make up 2/3rds of the Ireland list.
    Too OP to be considered serious, but I had the idea in my head so here we are.
    Last edited by Ail Don; December 13th, 2016 at 03:11 PM.