Page 212 of 858 FirstFirst ... 112162202207210211212213214217222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Good sheet! As a Lancer, I think he could have his spear as a second NP based around betrayal? Other than that, it's pretty darn solid.

Also, did you draw that picture?

JP Friend Code
    642, 772, 876
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Good sheet! As a Lancer, I think he could have his spear as a second NP based around betrayal? Other than that, it's pretty darn solid.

Also, did you draw that picture?
    Yeahh, I've thought of something like that before, but the idea didn't amuse me much so I decided not to go with it. I might try something with the idea again though, since as it is, he's a Servant using basically no NP

And yes, I did

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plmtrkn View Post
    Also, I felt real charmed reading Nasu's twist on Nibelungenlied, in putting forth Siegfried as a bored but good knight and particularly in redeeming Hagen
    wat

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hagen: Interesting take on the guy that goes for the more sympathetic approach Nasu/Higashide envisioned, rather then making him a Shinji-style spineless dick. I like how you managed to work in various lesser known anecdotes about him into the sheet, and not just the most famous stuff surrounding Siegfried's betrayal. I have a couple questions though.

First, is there any particular reason Magic Resistance is so high? Second, I'm not sure if Eye Of The Mind (False) and Veteran Knight's Wisdom are really both necessary, since they seem to cover pretty similar ground both mechanically and in conceptual basis. Then again, the same could be said about Diarmuid's EOTM and Knight Tactics, but still... something to consider. Lastly, I second Hermes that he could use an NP involving his "betrayal" of Siegfried, since it's kind of an important part of his legend even if you're not making it the be-all and end-all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    a Shinji-style spineless dick.
    Hagen is quite a few things, but spineless is not one of them.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    spineless dick
    They have pills for that these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plmtrkn View Post
    Good stuff.

Thought I would like to see how you portray him as your own character, but that just me.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    VKOW sounds like Instinc plus EoTMT
    is that meant to be composite skill or smth
    Last edited by castor212; January 30th, 2017 at 03:51 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    VKOW sounds like Instinc plus EoTMF
    Isn't Eye Of The Mind (False) just Instinct but better in the first place?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    no

also i meant EOTMT
    Last edited by castor212; January 30th, 2017 at 03:51 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Hagen is quite a few things, but spineless is not one of them.
    His counterpart Hogni was less extreme and didn't actually kill
    Sigurd
    Siegfried
    so you could argue that Hogni was the more cowardly one depending on your interpretation of the character.

Blog Entries

Source:
    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=24777678
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Origin: Historical
    Region: America

Parameters
    Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: E
    Mana: EX
    Luck: A
    NP: C

Height/Weight: 181cm/77kg
    Dislikes: Illiterates, Andrew Jackson
    Talents: Language
    Natural enemy: Shakespeare
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Male, Servant, Human

Class Skills:

Territory Creation: (B)

Territory Creation is a Caster-class Skill. It is the Skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.
    As a teacher, creation of a School becomes possible.

Enchant: (B)(A+)
    Caster is able to add powerful functions to other people's important items. Basically an ability which strengths the Master's fighting abilities. He himself is the audience, spectating the battle, changing the course of the fight as it progresses.
    Raises to A+ when using his Noble Phantasm.

Personal Skills:

Conceptual Improvement: (C)(EX)
    Conceptual Improvement is the special right and unfair advantage of improving any tool, from any given time or place. A bow becomes stronger, a sword becomes sharper, an axe becomes heavier, etc.
    The amount by which something can be improved depends on the rank of the Skill. While Caster’s unmodified rank is C, when summoned by an English-speaking person inside an English-speaking country, it jumps extraordinarily to EX. Empowered by the same patriotic force given to a certain lion-headed individual, even Divine Constructs can be slightly altered when these conditions are met.

Linguist: (EX)
    Linguistics is the scientific study of language, and involves an analysis of language form, language meaning, and language in context. Linguists traditionally analyse human language by observing an interplay between sound and meaning. Phonetics is the study of speech and non-speech sounds, and delves into their acoustic and articulatory properties. The study of language meaning, on the other hand, deals with how languages encode relations between entities, properties, and other aspects of the world to convey, process, and assign meaning, as well as manage and resolve ambiguity. While the study of semantics typically concerns itself with truth conditions, pragmatics deals with how situational context influences the production of meaning.

Grants bonus modifiers when making a check against any kind of verbal event or attack. Caster’s method of magecraft functions by reducing all functions in the universe to linguistic mathematical equations. This allows him to grasp concepts far more quickly than most other Heroic Spirits, especially ones of his class. The applications of “a vision of language” are diverse. Although completely useless in straightforward combat, by visualizing a duel as a “conversation between individuals” (by way of body language), Caster gains a degree of survivability akin to Eye of the Mind (True). Any concept that could be said to have a language, no matter how slight, can be exploited.

High-Speed Incantation: (E+++)
    High-Speed Incantation is the ability to speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed.
    While Caster’s magic level is as nil as possible outside of what’s allotted to him by his class container, the speed at which he’s able to recite incantations is comparable to a first class magus due to verbal shortcuts and other helpful techniques he can devise for himself on the spot. These lessen the complexity of the incantation, and in essence shortens all thaumaturgy to Single-Action incantations because of his mastery over language itself.
    While not explicitly helpful in the general orthodox sense, it does make using his Noble Phantasms that much easier.

Noble Phantasm
    Blue-Backed Speller
    World’s Lexicon

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Max Target: 1-50

The most famous of Caster’s textbooks that was used to teach five generations of Americans upon its publication. It is a conceptual editor, as the Speller and Caster’s dictionaries were the primary written sources for all context regarding those words for upwards of 125 years.

By writing a word in the Speller, Caster can freely manipulate the word’s conceptual power. He uses it primarily to seal the True Name of Noble Phantasms by distancing the concept of the connection between the True Name and the definition of the Noble Phantasm; so far so that calling out said True Name would be useless as a means of activation. When using the Speller like this, it is ineffective against constantly-active type Noble Phantasms. All Noble Phantasms from the Age of Man and onward are affected. Because of the Age of Gods’ fundamental differences in terms of language, they are completely exempt from this.
    This focus on Noble Phantasms, however, is only a single use of the Speller’s ability to decrease the effect of concepts.

Conversely, a word written in the Speller can also have its conceptual power increased. In the case of Noble Phantasms once more, the True Name of an allied Servant’s Noble Phantasm could be given more impact. However, he primarily uses this section of the Speller to give him the means to actually fight. By reducing the distance between the concept and the word, the word is given so much conceptual weight that it achieves physical presence. This technique is the closest a modern Servant may achieve to utilizing Age of Gods magic. At least by means of purely verbal activation.
    An example being...

Lore

Noah Webster, Jr. was an American lexicographer, textbook pioneer, English-language spelling reformer, political writer, editor, and prolific author. He has been called the "Father of American Scholarship and Education". His blue-backed speller books taught five generations of American children how to spell and read, secularizing their education. According to Ellis, he gave Americans "a secular catechism to the nation-state."

Webster's name has become synonymous with "dictionary" in the United States, especially the modern Merriam-Webster dictionary that was first published in 1828 as An American Dictionary of the English Language.

A man who believed in the glory of America and sought to create a distinct version of English separate from the Crown that would allow young Americans to grow up and be educated while truly living up to the virtue of separation of church and state.

But this was not always meant to be. As time went on--starting when Webster introduced standardized spellings to the American lexicon--he realized the absolute power words held over people. The dependency people had over his speller and dictionaries essentially gave him the power to shape how the American people thought.
    Humanity doesn’t inherit a culture, as they say, but a language. By eliminating words he didn’t think he were necessary and suggesting words he himself thought were more in line with his ideals, he created a [context] that permeated through the American identity which in turn established American culture as a whole.

Webster believed the American people were the very greatest on earth, and wanted them to fulfill his expectations of them. An ubermensch that would teach itself and grow by the years, exhibiting only the very best in ideals and thoughts.
    However, his disillusionment with humanity after finding and rejecting God numerous times, as well as his beliefs on the specific nature of slavery, saw fit to turn Webster into a bitter cynic.

His Alignment comes from his wish from the Grail, which is to bring around a new age of Unified Language, so long as it’s only American English. The bastardization of English and disuse of dictionaries in the modern age will do nothing to dissuade his rage.

Personality

“The heart should be cultivated with more assiduity than the head.”

“A pure democracy is generally a very bad government, It is often the most tyrannical government on earth; for a multitude is often rash, and will not hear reason.”

“The foundation of all free government and all social order must be laid in families and in the discipline of youth. Young persons must not only be furnished with knowledge, but they must be accustomed to subordination and subjected to the authority and influence of good principles. It will avail little that youths are made to understand truth and correct principles, unless they are accustomed to submit to be governed by them.”

Webster in early life was something of a freethinker, but in 1808 he became a convert to Calvinistic orthodoxy, and thereafter became a devout Congregationalist who preached the need to Christianize the nation. Webster grew increasingly authoritarian and elitist, fighting against the prevailing grain of Jacksonian Democracy. Webster viewed language as a tool to control unruly thoughts. His American Dictionary emphasized the virtues of social control over human passions and individualism, submission to authority, and fear of God; they were necessary for the maintenance of the American social order. As he grew older, Webster's attitudes changed from those of an optimistic revolutionary in the 1780s to those of a pessimistic critic of man and society by the 1820s.

He's fond of video games, his favorite being Metal Gear Solid 2 (for obvious reasons). He's a secret fan of "delicious brown" waifus.

----------------------------
    Skull Face+Death Note
    Linking directly from pixiv this time because imgur is bunk for this particular pic right now. Sorry if it's too huge.
    Also it turned my gif into an mp4. What the fuck.
    Last edited by Ail Don; January 30th, 2017 at 08:14 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Pixiv doesn't allow for direct image linking. I recommend reverse google searching it to find a copy (there'll probably be one on pintrest and link that one.

Blog Entries
    Imgur just randomly started working again so we all good now

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sweet, the sheet itself is pretty good - you're developing a high standard. Though I may ask why Enchant is a class skill? (But if you're going by Extella where they're inconsistent then why not)

Blog Entries
    He's pretty close to Will in terms of combat, I thought. Since he's not much of an author and more of a linguist, Enchant is basically a product of his NP.
    I could have mentioned it replaced Item Construction like it did with Will though. Woops.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    His counterpart Hogni was less extreme and didn't actually kill
    Sigurd
    Siegfried
    so you could argue that Hogni was the more cowardly one depending on your interpretation of the character.
    Hm? But he did.

I don't think this guy's actually been done before, at least not that I've seen. I think he's a pretty interesting figure though, so here he is. The NP is a little tenuous, but I think it works, at least.

Who ever turn'd upon his heel to hear
    My warning that the tyranny of one
    Was prelude to the tyranny of all?
    My counsel that the tyranny of all
    Led backward to the tyranny of one?
    This power hath work'd no good to aught that lives
    And these blind hands were useless in their wars.
    - Tennyson, 'Tiresias'
    Class: Caster

Alignment: Chaotic Good

True Name: Tiresias

Appearance:
    Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: B
    Luck: C

Class Skills:
    Territory Creation: C+ - Since Caster was a wanderer in life, his personality is not suited to the creation of personal terrain. As a woman and a priestess, however, Caster is far more content to remain in one place, and the territory that she constructs approaches a 'Temple' in power.

Item Construction: D - Caster has simply no skill in the creation of magical items.

Personal Skills:
    Mystic Eyes of Foresight: EX - Eyes that have the power to unfailingly glimpse the future. As an Oracle, Caster almost completely unmatched. However, this ability comes at the cost of Caster's regular sight, leaving him unable to see the present. It can be considered similar to sensory overload, and can be immensely distracting, particularly in a direct fight.

Animal Dialogue: C - The ability to communicate with animals. Typically, Caster only talks to birds, since he finds their song pleasing. He has the ability to communicate with other animals, but since they often rely more on body language, his understanding is hindered.

Necromancy: B- - Magical spells that call up the spirits of the dead. Usually, the spirits are called simply for the information that they impart - a way to view the past, in addition to the future that Caster can see. The spirits can be used offensively, though they have very little power individually, and Caster finds using them this way distasteful.

Noble Phantasm:
    Dual Snake Staff
    Kerukeoin:
    B Rank Anti-Unit

The Caduceus staff, created when Caster came across two mating snakes, and beat them with his stick. As a result of this spiteful act, Caster was transformed into a woman by Hera - and as he dropped the stick, the two snakes coiled around it. Caster did not wield it for long, for some reason quickly gifting it to Apollo, who in turn gave it away to Hermes. As such, it is considered a divine weapon of sorts, though not one focussed on offense.

As it is a symbol of Hermes, god of messengers and merchants, its wielder will always be fortunate in matters of money, and will be considered a 'messenger' by others. Rather than a serious combatant, Caster will generally be considered a harmless adviser by the other Servants and Masters of the war - though the ability won't help him if he makes himself an obvious threat.

The main ability of the staff is to induce a magical sleep. This ability can be used without invoking the name of the Noble Phantasm, but will be much slower, and will require some kind of distraction to work fully - such as when Hermes told stories to Argos to lure him into sleep.

In addition, the staff has the power of transformation, embodying the moment of its creation - the divine punishment of Hera. It is an ability frequently used by the gods, and by them it could be used freely, without the need for a Noble Phantasm. However, in Caster's hands, this ability is restricted. Rather than Caster himself, it is the living snakes on the staff that decide when it is used. Caster and the snakes have a mutual dislike for each other - he finds their personalities grating, and they dislike him for beating them. The snakes are as likely to turn the ability on Caster as an enemy. Fortunately, Caster quite enjoys being a woman, and knows the snakes won't change him into any form that leaves him helpless.

Lore:
    Dislikes: Being ignored, Annoying snakes, Vindictive Goddesses.
    Talents: Prostitution, Giving advice.
    Natural Enemy: Oedipus

Biography: Tiresias' legend began, as accounted above, upon his beating of two naked snakes, and his subsequent transformation. After his transformation, he became a devotee of Hera, in penance. Incidentally, he also became a prostitute during this time, and gained quite some fame. After seven years, Hera decided that he'd had enough punishment for the time being - or possibly that he was enjoying it far too much to be considered a 'punishment' in the first place - and transformed him back into a man.

Shortly afterwards, Hera ended up in an argument with Zeus over whether it was women or men who get more enjoyment out of sex. Since Tiresias had experienced both, she invited him to settle the matter. His reply, "Of ten parts, a man enjoys one only," was not what she wanted to hear - and so, she struck him blind. Out of pity, Zeus gave him his Mystic Eyes of Foresight, and a lifespan of seven generations.

Over the many years afterwards, Tiresias appeared to many heroes, particularly those of Thebes. However, as his advice was continuously ignored, and his gifts were doubted, he became increasingly tired and bitter. He saw many deaths twice over, tragedies easily prevented simply by listening to him.

After death, Tiresias' shade advised Odysseus during his trip to the underworld. Though Odysseus took his advice, a number of his crewmen did not.

Personality: As a man, Tiresias is something of a grumpy old man, convinced that he knows best, and bitter towards those who don't agree with him. Still, he has a mischievous and perverted streak a mile wide, likely to become more apparent as his advice is heeded or he achieves victories in the war. He also has a soft spot for most animals, and enjoys caring for them - though he dislikes reptiles. When he isn't being serious, he likes to goad and tease people - as such, he isn't very easy to get along with.

As a woman, Tiresias is more willing to completely ignore the war in favour of having fun. Hiding only slightly behind a facade of a devoted priestess, Tiresias is a complete hedonist at heart. It isn't that his core personality changes, but rather that his priorities and way of self-expression alters. Tiresias is a complete attention whore - as a man, he cultivates the image of a wise seer, but as a woman, it's rather more literal.

In a war, his initial priority would be to wander, meeting the other Servants and seeing if any are amenable to an alliance. Since he considers himself useless in combat, he would avoid it as much as possible. In fact, winning the war would not be a priority - but rather, he would try to ensure that it did not end in tragedy. His wish is for people to listen to him - but since this is something that can be achieved during the grail war, he is simply less invested in the conflict as a whole.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hm? But he did.
    I could have sworn the one to kill him in the Norse tradition was Gutthorm after being egged on by Hogni though.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I could have sworn the one to kill him in the Norse tradition was Gutthorm after being egged on by Hogni though.
    ...D'oh! Yeah, sorry, had a brain fart. You're right, it was Guttorm.