Page 324 of 858 FirstFirst ... 224274314319322323324325326329334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Laziness, thy form is me. EonADS's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Question, since the Servant-in-question trained their skill as an assassin by combatting tigers and leopards with a dagger for two years, should they have the Beast Killer​ Skill?

---

Yes, the Servant is an Assassin Class Servant.
    I second the flat "What." trope.

Also, if you were to do it, make it a low level (D or D+ would be my take) that just gives a damage bonus against beast-type enemies. It keeps the original flavor, but since it's not the object of his training, it's not a high level skill that he can use to just slaughter animal enemies.
    Last edited by EonADS; June 20th, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Honestly, when I first read through that part of the character's story, I also had the same reaction.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    Question, since the Servant-in-question trained their skill as an assassin by combatting tigers and leopards with a dagger for two years, should they have the Beast Killer​ Skill?

---

Yes, the Servant is an Assassin Class Servant.
    I'm sorry, but what.

Well, I lean towards putting it into fluff rather than the Beast Killer skill, although if you want to, you can just put a low-ranked Beast Killer.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...Honestly, when I first read through that part of the character's story, I also had the same reaction.
    Out of curiosity, is this a Chinese myth by any chance?

Blog Entries
    Yes.

You can guess who it is, it's pretty obvious.

Rest assured, I'm definitely inputting it as flavor text.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 20th, 2017 at 05:52 PM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Yes.

You can guess who it is, it's pretty obvious.

Rest assured, I'm definitely inputting it as flavor text.
    I actually know quite little about Chinese myth but it just intuitively seemed like the kind of crazy awesome martial arts stuff that would show up there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I actually know quite little about Chinese myth but it just intuitively seemed like the kind of crazy awesome martial arts stuff that would show up there.
    Yeah, when one has read books like Fengshen Yanyi(Especially Fengshen Yanyi) and Romance of the Three Kingdoms, this is expected.

Personally, Fengshen Yanyi sometimes felt like an archiac Shonen genre due to its chapter-by-chapter villains and bizarre methods of defeating said villains... And the fact its author is the same guy who wrote Journey to the West doesn't help matters either.

---

Actually, the Seinen genre would fit the book better.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 20th, 2017 at 06:05 PM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Regardless of it's skillset I'm looking forward to it Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Blog Entries
    So, I've started working on a sheet for Benkei (the real one, as in not the imposter taking on his name in Apocrypha/Grand Order). I've got the NPs pretty much down, but for Skills do you think I should include some of the ones the canon "Benkei" possesses or just give him entirely new ones? Obviously some will be new but should I include a few pre-existing ones that really fit his legend (such as Exorcism Of Apparitions or Attendant Of Iron) too? Just curious.

Blog Entries
    So, I've started working on a sheet for Benkei (the real one, as in not the imposter taking on his name in Apocrypha/Grand Order). I've got the NPs pretty much down, but for Skills do you think I should include some of the ones the canon "Benkei" possesses or just give him entirely new ones? Obviously some will be new but should I include a few pre-existing ones that really fit his legend (such as Exorcism Of Apparitions or Attendant Of Iron) too? Just curious.
    I would suggest keeping just one canon skill that fit his legend, while coming up with new ones. I recommend Attendant of Iron, as he is more remembered as Yoshitsune's retainer.

Now Revamped!

Battle Continuation seems like a good one for him. Although it could be redundant if you made his death legend into a NP.

Blog Entries
    So, for Benkei I'm thinking of giving him an NP based around how he disarmed 999 samurai and used their weapons to forge his spear (armor in the original legend, but changing it to fit his Class seems fairly minor). The idea I've come up with for now is to have a spear that when the true name is invoked, grows into a gigantic spear with 999 heads (sort like Ujimasa's weapon from Sengoku Basara, only even crazier) to represent the swords that went into its construction. So what do you guys think? Is this a cool idea or too crazy/loosely connected to his legend? If so, I can always give him some kind of Bounded Field NP representing how he fought all the samurai on a bridge instead...

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    So, for Benkei I'm thinking of giving him an NP based around how he disarmed 999 samurai and used their weapons to forge his spear (armor in the original legend, but changing it to fit his Class seems fairly minor). The idea I've come up with for now is to have a spear that when the true name is invoked, grows into a gigantic spear with 999 heads (sort like Ujimasa's weapon from Sengoku Basara, only even crazier) to represent the swords that went into its construction. So what do you guys think? Is this a cool idea or too crazy/loosely connected to his legend? If so, I can always give him some kind of Bounded Field NP representing how he fought all the samurai on a bridge instead...
    Maybe the spear can summon images of the swords used to forge it to attack? Something like Suzuka Gozen's swords, but a lot weaker.

My mind hurted itself trying to imagine how would a 999-headed spear look like. Pretty cool, but a bit wacky for me.

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    999 heads is overkill and highly impractical. You could give him an NP based around disarming his opponent, summoning spears from the ground NieR style, or manifesting their images, combining spears to make a larger one (with a limit on how many can be united at a given time) or make his armour shoot out a giant spear.

Alternatively you could give him a Gate of Babylon ripoff but I don't think that's the best idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Alternatively you could give him a Gate of Babylon ripoff but I don't think that's the best idea.
    Gate of Benkei, it's like Gate of Babylon but only for nullifying attacks by countering with a spear (This might already exist, sorry)
    Like when Shirou and Gil fight, knocking aside swords with more swords.
    Last edited by sherlock1110; June 23rd, 2017 at 01:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Maybe it's a single spear, but whenever he swings it the points branch out in accordance to how much force/prana he's putting behind his attacks? I realize that's kind of deceptive and that's probably not his style, but it's the only thing I can think of to keep the 999/1 spear ratio intact.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "H-hello Master. My name?! Oh tht-that's nothing important, I'm just a simple dancer... Please bare no mind to me...
    Ah, um... Anyways, I'm here to help you attain your dream. ME!? AH! Oh um... I just want to save the world.

So then err... Shall we begin?"

Source: (X)

Class: Assassin
    True Name: Mohini
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: India

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: A
    MGI: A
    LCK: A+
    NP: A++

Height/Weight: 170cm/62kg
    Dislikes: Direct Confrontation
    Talent: Seduction
    Natural Enemy: Parvati
    Attribute: Sky
    Traits: Human, Divine
    Armament: Discus

Class Skills:

Presence Concealment: B
    The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. However, efficiency will decrease once preparations to attack are taken. This level is high enough to the Servant very hard to detect, though not impossible. Although talented in stealth; her preferred method for ensnaring her targets is seduction.

Personal Skills:

Divinity: B
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. The female persona of Vishnu. Originally a simple disguise donned by Vishnu, she eventually became her own avatar.

Golden Rule (Body): A
    The possession of a perfect goddess-like body, preserving beauty. Mohini was said to be so beautiful that anyone who gazed upon her would lust for her and love her. Even if she is overwhelming with killing intent and about to land a lethal blow, the target will be too enraptured by her beauty to resist an attack.

Kalaripayattu: B

An ancient and defensively oriented Indian martial art. Without bearing upon strength and talent, it is the ancestor of all martial arts founded on the basis of rational thought. Although she is not a master of the art, Mohini is capable of self defence.

Mana Burst (Flames): A

A version of Mana Burst that infuses weapons with Magical Energy that imparts a flame effect. In Mohini's case, blazing flames become Magical Energy to dwell in the weapon used. This Skill is usually active and all the weapons that Mohini grasps receive this effect.

Noble Phantasms
    Dance of Bhasmasura
    The Dancers Puppet

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-10
    Max Targets: 1

The symbolisation of the dance that killed the demon Bhasmasura. Bhasmasura had the power to turn anyone to ash by touching their head. She seduced the demon and beguiled Bhasmasura follow her move for move in a dance. At the end of the dance, she placed her hand on her head. Bhasmasura did so too and turned himself to ash. By dancing in front of another who desires her; they will copy her movements like a puppet on string leaving them helpless before her, it is therefore possible to compel a target to commit suicide. This is a digression but should the target possess skills that protect against mental alteration such as: Mad Enhancement, Bravery, Protection of the Faith, Mental Pollution etc, then the success rate of the dance reduces dramatically

Sudarshana Chakra
    O'Sun, Raze The Earth

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Divine
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: 1000

The discus of Vishnu. A spinning, disk-like weapon with 108 serrated edges in two rows rotation in opposite directions. It is the ultimate weapon of order and law. The Sudarshana Chakra was made by the architect of gods, Vishvakarma. Vishvakarma's daughter Sanjana was married to Surya, the Sun God. Due to the Sun's blazing light and heat, she was unable to go near the Sun. She complained to her father about this. Vishvakarma took the Sun and made him shine less so that his daughter would be able to hug the Sun. The left over Sun "dust" was collected by Vishvakarma and made into three divine objects, the Sudarshana Chakra being the third and most powerful.

In its sealed form, it is considered to be one of the most powerful weapons in Hindu mythology and flies with enough power to carve apart the bodies of gods. The flames on this weapon alone could burn people to cinders.
    However, when its true name is revealed, it reverts into its original form as a miniature sun that she can hold in her hand with all of its destructive power.

Lore

Mohini is the only female avatar of the Hindu god Vishnu. She is portrayed as a femme fatale, an enchantress, who maddens lovers, leading them to their doom. Mohini appears as a form of Vishnu who acquires the
    Pot of Amrita
    Elixir of immortality
    from thieving asuras, and gives it back to the devas, helping them retain their immortality.

Mohini also defeated Bhasmasura, the "Ash-Demon". Bhasmasura invoked the Sun God Shiva by performing severe penances. Shiva who pleased with Bhasmasura, grants him the power to turn anyone into ashes by touching their head. The demon naturally decided to try the power on Shiva himself. Vishnu, witnessing the events unfolding, transformed into Mohini and seduced Bhasmasura. Bhasmasura is so taken by Mohini that he asks her to marry him. Mohini agreed, but only on the condition that Bhasmasura follows her move for move in a dance. In the course of the dance, she places her hand on her head. Bhasmasura mimics the action, and in turn, reduces himself to ashes.

The demon Nontok misuses a divine weapon given to him by Shiva. Mohini enchants Nontok and then attacks him. In his last moments, the demon accuses Mohini of foul play saying that Mohini first seduced him and then attacked him. Mohini decrees that in his next birth, Nontok will be born as the ten-armed demon Ravana and Mohini will be a mortal man called Rama. "He" will then fight him and defeat him.
    She also held a physical relationship with Shiva who was enamoured with her female form, siring multiple divine beings, earning the ire of his wife, Parvati.

Character

A quiet and reserved character. She appears shy, quiet and very withdrawn so many make the mistake that she's a nervous recluse. However that is not the case. Being aware she is an avatar of Vishnu, she knows the burden of the weight of the world on her shoulders and it is instead the fear of failure that keeps her silent. In short, she suffers from the worst case of stage freight. She can summon willpower for the sake of others, being quite pushy about it.

She is however the most talented dancer and an act she is boldly passionate about and will step out of her shell to perform... usually because it's the last thing people see.

Notes:
    So this is quite clearly unfinished. She's been sitting around for over a year so I just decided to post the incomplete sheet instead of just deleting it.

Suggestions for improvements or just tearing it apart would be helpful
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 23rd, 2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Feedback regarding the 1st NP

Blog Entries
    Mohini: A good sheet, as an Assassin though she is incredibly powerful with her second Noble Phantasm being very different from what I imagine her class is capable of. The skills and Noble Phantasms could have a bit of that good old Nasu style fluff in them, I know it sounds stupid but maybe placing some more restrictions on the first Noble Phantasm such as distance or obstruction, or what if the target is not aware of Assassin's presence? (Not through presence concealment but... think a "blind rage")

Blog Entries
    ^ Seconded. Mental Corruption and other mind-altering skills of sufficient levels should have at least a dampening effect on the first NP. I don't know whether it's a good idea to include Mad Enhancement or not; probably no.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Mohini: A good sheet, as an Assassin though she is incredibly powerful with her second Noble Phantasm being very different from what I imagine her class is capable of. The skills and Noble Phantasms could have a bit of that good old Nasu style fluff in them, I know it sounds stupid but maybe placing some more restrictions on the first Noble Phantasm such as distance or obstruction, or what if the target is not aware of Assassin's presence? (Not through presence concealment but... think a "blind rage")
    Quote Originally Posted by EonADS View Post
    ^ Seconded. Mental Corruption and other mind-altering skills of sufficient levels should have at least a dampening effect on the first NP. I don't know whether it's a good idea to include Mad Enhancement or not; probably no.
    Thanks for stuff regarding the first Noble Phantasm. Range was already mentioned and the target being aware of her is what makes the NP works in the first place but I added the stuff about mental interference.

Mohini is a bit lackluster for my 120th one here and my second Dance-Based Assassin as well.