Page 494 of 858 FirstFirst ... 394444484489492493494495496499504544594 ... LastLast
Results 9,861 to 9,880 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Saber, Rider
    True Name: Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus
    Nicknames: Saint Constantine, Constantine the Great, the First Christian Emperor
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: The Roman Empire
    Parameters
    STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LCK: A
    NP: A
    Basic Info
    Height: 188 cm
    Dislikes: Roman excess, rebels
    Talent: Commanding
    Natural Enemy: Diocletian, Maxentius, Maximian, Licinius
    Attribute: Star
    Catalyst:A copy of the Donation of Constantine.
    Class Skills
    God's Resolution A
    A Class Skill of the Ruler Class, which might also be called its privilege as the one presiding over the Holy Grail War. Allows Ruler to obtain and use Command Seals against Servants. Ruler receives two Command Seals per Servant participating in the Grail War.

True Name Discernment C
    The second Class Skill of the Ruler Class, which reveals the Status of any Servant encountered directly. Reveals the Servant's True Name upon passing a Luck Check, which is more difficult should the Servant possess concealment abilities

Magic Resistance A
    Protection against magical effects. Due to the protections woven into his armour and his piety, Ruler can protect himself against spells of A-Rank or below. At this rank, Ruler is untouchable to modern magi and a natural Magus Killer.
    Personal Skills
    Apostolic Privilege A
    A variation of Imperial Privilege. Allows for the assumption of skills that the Servant themselves does not possess, as long as such skills count towards the Christian cause. Examples are riding, swordplay, Christian Sacraments of all kinds, etc.This is a skill Ruler was granted due to his title of Equal to the Apostles, a Christianization of the trend of imperial deification already present in the Empire.

Saint B
    The first Roman Emperor to be converted to Christianity, Ruler is recognized as a saint by the Orthodox Church and celebrated by every major Catholic denomination. When summoned as a Servant, Ruler is allowed to choose one of the following effects: raising the effectiveness of sacraments, automatic regeneration or allowing for the creation of holy relics, including even a holy shroud. Due a fondness for relics he and his mother shared, Ruler will generally pick the latter option.

Divine Promise of Victory A
    A form of divine protection that gives the user the clarity of mind, the deftness of spirit, and the luck needed to triumph over any enemy in army-to-army confrontations no matter their strength.An undefeated general, Ruler was called the "greatest Augustus" of his time, deftly defeating any foe unwise enough to cross his warpath. Before his conversion, he was said to have been blessed by the Goddess of Victory herself.
    Noble Phantasm(s)
    Holy Nails
    O Lord, On These Nails Your Blood Was Spilled
    Type: Self
    Range: 1
    Maximum Targets: 1 Person
    The nails upon the Cross with which Christ was crucified, and relics that have captured the faith of endless believers and relic hunters. These were recovered by Ruler's mother, Saint Helena; while she had to cast one into the sea to calm a mighty storm on the way back, the others arrived into Ruler's possession safe and sound. One was worked into his helmet to ward away enemy arrows, another into the bridle of his horse; the others were given as gifts.

As a Noble Phantasm, these grant a bevvy of minor effects unto Ruler. His chances of succeeding at a Luck check are tripled, he gains a constant Protection From Arrows at rank D, and each Nail can be "activated" once and only once per War, allowing for a miracle. This burns through the last few segments of physical divinity left on them, rendering them no more than mere nails. In case of emergency, the Nails can even be lent out, though Ruler is reluctant to do so.

Chi Rho
    IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 50
    The sign that Ruler saw in a dream and which caused him to convert once and for all to Christianity. In his dream, he saw the Greek letters Chi and Rho shining with the light of the sun itself, bearing a legend that promised that he would win under this sign.

On activation, all Church iconography within a certain radius of Ruler shines with a brilliant light. This light marks a holy domain that burns those that actively reject Christianity, such as the Demon Kind, heretics and pagans.
    Historical background
    One of the great examples of a real "rags to riches" story. He was born the illegitimate son of Flavius Valerius Constantius and the daughter of an innkeeper, and only met his father when he had already become old enough to attend school. Still, Constantine rose through the ranks of the Roman army at an incredible pace. After his father's death, his troops proclaimed him the new emperor, a title he solidified his claims on through a series of civil wars against his co-emperors that ended in 324 AD.

After taking the reins, Constantine strengthened the empire considerably, restructuring the government, combatting inflation, and succesfully retaking territories abandoned by his predecessors.

Most famously, he converted to Christianity, setting a new course for all of Christendom and the Roman Empire. His authority and fame as the model of a Christian ruler was such that for roughly a thousand years after his death a document that was claimed to be his granted the Church a veneer of legitimacy.
    Personality
    Simultaneously prideful and polite. Years of service in the Roman army and as part of Diocletian's court have left their marks on his personality, and the bombast so typical of emperors can sometimes come slipping out. That said, he always tries to be a good Christian.
    Relationships
    Romulus:
    Like most Roman emperors, he feels like Romulus is an odd but welcome sort of grandfather figure. One time, though, after hearing Romulus' cry of "ROMA!" he shouted back "CONSTANTINOPLE!", and now Ruler doesn't quite know how to apologize.
    Nero:
    Conversations are rather awkward between the two of them, to say the least.
    Martha:
    When she learned of his title of Equal-to-the-Apostles, she set out to tell him what the Apostles were actually like. Ruler seemed rather less proud of the title, afterwards.
    Bond 10 CE
    A trinket, emblazoned with the Greek letters Chi and Rho.

"Here, Master. It's a gift. Hmm? You're asking if I had another dream like that one? Heh. I'm afraid not.

Actually, I've always thought that was kind of misinterpreted. You see, the prophecy merely said that with that sign, I'd achieve victory.

But it did not state how many of my men would survive. It didn't state how I would win. It didn't state how much victory would cost me, either. So, sure, He promised me victory if I sported that emblem. But the way I achieved it, that was all mine, right?

That trinket's meant as a similar sort of promise, from me to you. As long as you've got it, we'll achieve not just victory, but the victories we want."

Creator Notes:
    Been working on this for a bit. The basic idea I wanted to get across is a sort of halfway point for the empire between Roman paganism and Christianity. (A distinction between Byzantium and Rome is a historical can of worms I'm afraid of opening.) Anyway, for that reason, I gave him skills meant to represent the mixing of both the style of emperor we've already seen in canon (Nero, Caligula) and the style of saint we've already seen in canon (mostly thinking of Martha). Didn't bother being too subtle about that bit.

It's not the best I've made, but I've been working on this on and off for a while and wanted to get it out there so I could start procrastinating on something else.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I also think you could elaborate more on how exactly she changes when she's in her territory besides just a power up, and I think instead of Mana Burst (or in addition to it) she could use a skill that represents her change into a human.
    Also her NP could use some more conceptual stuff. She's not just winter right? She's the winter that no army can win against. I would try to work that into it.
    I took the explanation of her power-up from the wiki's definition of Demonic Defender of the State and a bit of Vlad's sheet. I'd appreciate some tips for improve the elaboration.
    I tried not to make her excessively OP since she was a contributing factor to the enemy's defeat, not a decisive one (although I'm sure that Nasu would say "fuck everything" and give her all the merit), but I'll try putting more effort in her NP. The skillset is rather scarce because I actually didn't want her to have "human" skills, and the only choices that came to my mind were Subversive Activities or Military Tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    This is a very hard idea to work with though, you did good taking that into consideration.
    Thank you, it makes me happy to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    I like General Frost, but this is one of the few times turning a Servant into an Elemental and giving them Marble Phantasm might actually work, given how she's not even a Wraith or anything.
    My idea is actually that she's an Elemental. It's just that my explanations are crap.

--- update ---
    Never mind, just discovered that my idea of Elemental isn't even close to Nasu's
    Last edited by King of Padoru; March 19th, 2018 at 05:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    It is unsure if this is the ‘Actual’ True Name of this Noble Phantasm or if she’s just mocking Kintoki and Tsuna.
    Hee. Mean!

An interesting faceclaim, but a nice character sheet. Poor Suetake.

I like her relationship with the others and the Madness Comprehension is an interesting calming/ communication skill. It manages to be a take on the character that feels pretty natural and would be nice to see more of.

@Constantine,
    A very nice FC and interesting personal skills, though the NPs seem pretty undertuned for a Ruler and administrator, moreso on Chi Rou than the nails. I always try to draft Ruler skillsets with the thought of "besides Command Spells, if they had to mediate a HGW, do they have the tools to do so"? I'm not entirely sure that's the case with his. The lore and personality are rather abridged, but I suppose that's intentional given you wanted to move. An interesting teaser I guess, but it doesn't feel as meaty as it could have been. Still not bad, though!

Signature by fumato

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    I took the explanation of her power-up from the wiki's definition of Demonic Defender of the State and a bit of Vlad's sheet. I'd appreciate some tips for improve the elaboration.
    Even if that's the description of the skill, it actually does more for Vlad as we see in Apocrypha. Give her some unique effects, maybe something that makes her better at dealing with huge groups of people or being able to dissipate her human form, I don't know.

I tried not to make her excessively OP since she was a contributing factor to the enemy's defeat, not a decisive one (although I'm sure that Nasu would say "fuck everything" and give her all the merit), but I'll try putting more effort in her NP. The skillset is rather scarce because I actually didn't want her to have "human" skills, and the only choices that came to my mind were Subversive Activities or Military Tactics.
    Well you can just make new skills.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Hee. Mean!

An interesting faceclaim, but a nice character sheet. Poor Suetake.

I like her relationship with the others and the Madness Comprehension is an interesting calming/ communication skill. It manages to be a take on the character that feels pretty natural and would be nice to see more of.
    It's not mean, it's playful bullying between aunt and nephew. I ended up selecting that FC as I couldn't find the 'right' one so I went with my second option. I also ended up basing the idea of the sheet around the Madness Comprehension skill I made up so it all worked out! ... Well aside from that one thing from earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Constantine: A good pallet of skills but I find the second NP in particular to be a little lacking. Overall however my gripe is that the sheet seems more suited to be a Saber or Lancer than a Ruler sheet as Sunny said, mediation doesn't appear to be his cup of tea

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Class: Ruler
    Other Classes: Saber, Rider
    True Name: Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus
    Nicknames: Saint Constantine, Constantine the Great, the First Christian Emperor
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: The Roman Empire
    Parameters
    STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LCK: A
    Basic Info
    Height: 188 cm
    Dislikes: Roman excess, rebels
    Talent: Commanding
    Natural Enemy: Diocletian, Maxentius, Maximian, Licinius
    Attribute: Star
    Catalyst:A copy of the Donation of Constantine.
    Class Skills
    God's Resolution A
    A Class Skill of the Ruler Class, which might also be called its privilege as the one presiding over the Holy Grail War. Allows Ruler to obtain and use Command Seals against Servants. Ruler receives two Command Seals per Servant participating in the Grail War.

True Name Discernment C
    The second Class Skill of the Ruler Class, which reveals the Status of any Servant encountered directly. Reveals the Servant's True Name upon passing a Luck Check, which is more difficult should the Servant possess concealment abilities

Magic Resistance A
    Protection against magical effects. Due to the protections woven into his armour and his piety, Ruler can protect himself against spells of A-Rank or below. At this rank, Ruler is untouchable to modern magi and a natural Magus Killer.
    Personal Skills
    Apostolic Privilege A
    A variation of Imperial Privilege. Allows for the assumption of skills that the Servant themselves does not possess, as long as such skills count towards the Christian cause. Examples are riding, swordplay, Christian Sacraments of all kinds, etc.This is a skill Ruler was granted due to his title of Equal to the Apostles, a Christianization of the trend of imperial deification already present in the Empire.

Saint B
    The first Roman Emperor to be converted to Christianity, Ruler is recognized as a saint by the Orthodox Church and celebrated by every major Catholic denomination. When summoned as a Servant, Ruler is allowed to choose one of the following effects: raising the effectiveness of sacraments, automatic regeneration or allowing for the creation of holy relics, including even a holy shroud. Due a fondness for relics he and his mother shared, Ruler will generally pick the latter option.

Divine Promise of Victory A
    A form of divine protection that gives the user the clarity of mind, the deftness of spirit, and the luck needed to triumph over any enemy in army-to-army confrontations no matter their strength.An undefeated general, Ruler was called the "greatest Augustus" of his time, deftly defeating any foe unwise enough to cross his warpath. Before his conversion, he was said to have been blessed by the Goddess of Victory herself.
    Noble Phantasm(s)
    Holy Nails
    O Lord, On These Nails Your Blood Was Spilled
    Type: Self
    Range: 1
    Maximum Targets: 1 Person
    The nails upon the Cross with which Christ was crucified, and relics that have captured the faith of endless believers and relic hunters. These were recovered by Ruler's mother, Saint Helena; while she had to cast one into the sea to calm a mighty storm on the way back, the others arrived into Ruler's possession safe and sound. One was worked into his helmet to ward away enemy arrows, another into the bridle of his horse; the others were given as gifts.

As a Noble Phantasm, these grant a bevvy of minor effects unto Ruler. His chances of succeeding at a Luck check are tripled, he gains a constant Protection From Arrows at rank D, and each Nail can be "activated" once and only once per War, allowing for a miracle. This burns through the last few segments of physical divinity left on them, rendering them no more than mere nails. In case of emergency, the Nails can even be lent out, though Ruler is reluctant to do so.

Chi Rho
    IN HOC SIGNO VINCES
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 50
    The sign that Ruler saw in a dream and which caused him to convert once and for all to Christianity. In his dream, he saw the Greek letters Chi and Rho shining with the light of the sun itself, bearing a legend that promised that he would win under this sign.

On activation, all Church iconography within a certain radius of Ruler shines with a brilliant light. This light marks a holy domain that burns those that actively reject Christianity, such as the Demon Kind, heretics and pagans.
    Historical background
    One of the great examples of a real "rags to riches" story. He was born the illegitimate son of Flavius Valerius Constantius and the daughter of an innkeeper, and only met his father when he had already become old enough to attend school. Still, Constantine rose through the ranks of the Roman army at an incredible pace. After his father's death, his troops proclaimed him the new emperor, a title he solidified his claims on through a series of civil wars against his co-emperors that ended in 324 AD.

After taking the reins, Constantine strengthened the empire considerably, restructuring the government, combatting inflation, and succesfully retaking territories abandoned by his predecessors.

Most famously, he converted to Christianity, setting a new course for all of Christendom and the Roman Empire. His authority and fame as the model of a Christian ruler was such that for roughly a thousand years after his death a document that was claimed to be his granted the Church a veneer of legitimacy.
    Personality
    Simultaneously prideful and polite. Years of service in the Roman army and as part of Diocletian's court have left their marks on his personality, and the bombast so typical of emperors can sometimes come slipping out. That said, he always tries to be a good Christian.
    Relationships
    Romulus:
    Like most Roman emperors, he feels like Romulus is an odd but welcome sort of grandfather figure. One time, though, after hearing Romulus' cry of "ROMA!" he shouted back "CONSTANTINOPLE!", and now Ruler doesn't quite know how to apologize.
    Nero:
    Conversations are rather awkward between the two of them, to say the least.
    Martha:
    When she learned of his title of Equal-to-the-Apostles, she set out to tell him what the Apostles were actually like. Ruler seemed rather less proud of the title, afterwards.
    Bond 10 CE
    A trinket, emblazoned with the Greek letters Chi and Rho.

"Here, Master. It's a gift. Hmm? You're asking if I had another dream like that one? Heh. I'm afraid not.

Actually, I've always thought that was kind of misinterpreted. You see, the prophecy merely said that with that sign, I'd achieve victory.

But it did not state how many of my men would survive. It didn't state how I would win. It didn't state how much victory would cost me, either. So, sure, He promised me victory if I sported that emblem. But the way I achieved it, that was all mine, right?

That trinket's meant as a similar sort of promise, from me to you. As long as you've got it, we'll achieve not just victory, but the victories we want."

Creator Notes:
    Been working on this for a bit. The basic idea I wanted to get across is a sort of halfway point for the empire between Roman paganism and Christianity. (A distinction between Byzantium and Rome is a historical can of worms I'm afraid of opening.) Anyway, for that reason, I gave him skills meant to represent the mixing of both the style of emperor we've already seen in canon (Nero, Caligula) and the style of saint we've already seen in canon (mostly thinking of Martha). Didn't bother being too subtle about that bit.

It's not the best I've made, but I've been working on this on and off for a while and wanted to get it out there so I could start procrastinating on something else.
    So thats a profile from the Professor or should i say profesional !? Very interesting he would make a Archenemy with my Avenger ! Two Question how mighty is the wonder/miracle on the level of true Magic and can you or someone explain my what is always meant with Luck-check ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    So thats a profile from the Professor or should i say profesional !? Very interesting he would make a Archenemy with my Avenger ! Two Question how mighty is the wonder/miracle on the level of true Magic and can you or someone explain my what is always meant with Luck-check ?
    Luck-check is a term from tabletop RPGs. Basically you roll a dice in any situation where good luck would be required, and the result of that roll determines whether you get said good luck or not. The higher your Luck stat (amongst other factors) the easier it is to get a successful roll. I'm not super familiar with how tabletop RPGs work, so some stuff here might be wrong (others are free to chime in and correct me), but I think that's the gist of it.

Blog Entries
    =CASTER=

Artist: bamuth

Possible Alternate Classes: Rider
    True Name: Aoifa, Wicked Stepmother of the Tuath Dé
    Height/Weight: 166 cm / 49 kg
    Alignment: True Evil
    Place of Origin: Ireland (Mythological Cycle)

Dearly Beloved & Hikari (Orchestra ver.) by Video Game Orchestra

=Parameters=

Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: A+
    Luck: E

=Class Skills=

- Territory Creation​ (EX):
    the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.

Caster’s territories are often filled with dark shadows, dense fogs, deep lakes, mountainous terrains, treacherous bogs, and beautifully sorrowful white and black swans.

- Item Construction​ (B):
    the skill to manufacture magical items.

=Personal Skills=

- High-Speed Divine Words (A):
    the ability to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of Age of Gods, power long lost by modern magi.

Caster was the first to be gifted with a magical prowess never before seen by her people, and, the last.

- Familiar (monstrous beasts) (E):
    allows the use of the lowest ranked magical beasts as familiars.

Though a wide variety of familiars can be summoned and utilized, Caster is unable to completely take control of them.

- Primordial Rune (D):
    runes lost in the modern era.

Caster doesn’t have any real use for these except as an extra source of mana in emergency situations.

=Noble Phantasms=

- Swan Sorrow (C, Anti-Unit):
    the wand used to transform Caster’s adopted children into swans and nullify their existence as immortal beings.

With it, Caster is able to amplify the mystery of her spells to a perfect state of True Magic.

Also possesses the ability to lengthen into a stave when the situation demands.

- The Bells That Ring Your Prayers (A, Labyrinth):
    the embodiment of a stepmother’s ever pursing hatred.

If given enough time to set up her territory in a wide radius, Caster is capable of laying down a deadly mist over it, which’ll gradually turn those who step inside insane or, unless they have a Magic Resistance greater than B, demonic swans bound to her beck and call. Those who are able to resist it are still slowly drained of their lifeforce until they become a part of the mist, expanding its range, aptitude, and duration even further for every soul successfully depleted and consumed. Nigh inescapable, the only way to dispel the mist is to ring four bells hidden at key points within. Each bell is guarded by a powerful entity.

The first bell, a maddened druid.

The second bell, a hero betrayed.

The third bell, a mighty wolf.

The fourth bell, a fallen king.

=Bio=

N / A
    Last edited by Historia; August 24th, 2018 at 11:19 AM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Bird: Now that I think about it, wouldn't Usui's Madness Comprehension also apply to Mental Pollution​, as it is also a case of a distorted mind?
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've just finished modifying Frost's sheet. Now she's an actual Nasuverse Elemental

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh she's much better now, I really like the changes to her Noble Phantasm and how it interacts with Demonic Defender of the State, especially how you integrated Mana Burst into it.

I can't comment on her nature as an Elemental since I don't know much about them but good job with everything else.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much ^^. Until now, I didn't know about the nature of Elementals either, but I hope I've represented it accurately this time

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much ^^. Until now, I didn't know about the nature of Elementals either, but I hope I've represented it accurately this time
    Seems much better now in my opinion as well. I would suggest changing the EX ranked Independent Action into Independent Manifestation of a lower rank (with the caveat that she's supported by the World, not herself). Then again, maybe not, as that Skill is associated more with Beasts.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I preferred to leave Independent Manifestation for Beasts, although Merlin and Saber Shiki have it too, but they're special cases.
    EMIYA, as part of the Counter Force, has Independent Action as well, although it's arguable if he has IM instead of IA when the Counter Force summons him, I guess

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I preferred to leave Independent Manifestation for Beasts, although Merlin and Saber Shiki have it too, but they're special cases.
    EMIYA, as part of the Counter Force, has Independent Action as well, although it's arguable if he has IM instead of IA when the Counter Force summons him, I guess
    One Question what are the selection/qualification pattern of the Beast-class,could potenciel be summoned all Deities/every God ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One Question what are the selection/qualification pattern of the Beast-class,could potenciel be summoned all Deities/every God ?
    Being an "evil of mankind".

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Being an "evil of mankind".
    True but massive on scale, like Tiamat and Goetia. The spirits seem to need to be really old or really powerful for the most part.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    could potenciel be summoned all Deities/every God ?
    Just because Amaterasu said she can become a Beast if the point of view of humans about her changes doesn't mean every single god can do the same

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, with the way Beasts are it would be best to read up in it and pick your characters carefully. Their drive and reason they’re Beasts is just as important as the nonsense power levels .

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Yeah but then again, the second Ruler we're introduced to was someone who very much did not care about the rules
    Amakusa got cheated into the Ruler class though by the cheating Einzberns
    He was never meant to be a Ruler
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.