Page 506 of 858 FirstFirst ... 6406456496501504505506507508511516556606 ... LastLast
Results 10,101 to 10,120 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, when looking up possible ideas for the contest that's been going on, I recently stumbled across a legend of the Biblical Benjamin being a werewolf (see here). That's pretty awesome and hilarious, and kind of makes me want to write a sheet of him (how many Jewish werewolves are there?). Unfortunately, other then that I can't really find enough cool stuff on him to flesh out a Servant sheet.

Just dropping this here in case anyone gets any ideas.

SABER
    Gim Yu-sin

Alternate Classes: Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human, Humanoid, King, Riding
    Origin: Korean history
    Region: Korea

Alias: The Unifier of Korea, the Golden Knight of Silia
    Height: 5’6 (167.64 cm)
    Weight: 127 lbs (57.6 kg)
    Dislikes: Superstition, cowardice, foreign conquerors
    Talents: Persistence
    Natural Enemy: Toyotomi Hideyoshi
    Armament: His sword, an ornate Hwandudaedo in a golden sheath.

STRENGTH: C
    ENDURANCE: A
    AGILITY: B
    MANA: C
    LUCK: A+
    NOBLE PHANTASM: A

LEGEND:

Gim Yu-sin is the most legendary of all Korea’s heroes, a renowned warrior who was born following a premonition of a godly warrior clad in golden armor. He joined the Hwarang, an illustrious group of elite young knights who trained in all forms of combat, learned the arts, and studied buddhism under their masters at the young age of fourteen, and went on to become one of Korea’s most decorated and successful generals.

Driven by an intense desire to unite Korea after it had been splintered for years, Yu-sin persevered through his every trial, waiting for seven days to get a sacred man’s heavenly blessing and surviving an assassination attempt due to the warnings of a goddess. He ultimately lead Silia to victory time and time again, but died before he could complete his goal, though his driving efforts in pursuit of this goal lead to unification only years later. For his contributions to Silia and all of Korea, he was buried as a king.

CLASS SKILLS:

Magic Resistance: B
    An innate ability that grants protection against magical effects. Unlike the Resistance effect, which merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Saber has knowledge of the mystic arts just as he does the arts of combat, and uses them in combination with his divine blessings to overturn magecraft used against him, nullifying spells with a chant below three verses and making it difficult for even High-Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals to affect him.

Riding: A
    The ability to ride mounts. At this rank, Saber can expertly ride all vehicles and natural creatures, with only Phantasmal and Divine Beasts being beyond his ability to tame. Horsemanship is among the arts of combat that were mastered by Saber in his youth.

PERSONAL SKILLS:

Charisma: B
    The ability to unite and lead a people through charm and the natural ability to lead others. Saber is the most renowned hero in Korean history, a peerless military leader who inspired utter devotion and courage in his men and was the driving force behind Korea’s unification, showcasing the willpower and charisma needed to lead a nation.

Protection from Arrows: C
    An exceptional skill in dealing with projectiles, which allows Saber to track and respond to non-magical projectiles by tracking their movements through the air. In Korea, archery was essential in warfare, and was one of the many forms of combat that he mastered in his youth, giving him the ability needed to cut down projectiles.

Warning of the Goddesses: A
    The status of being favored and protected by divine forces since birth. In Saber’s case, he was once assisted by three goddesses, who disguised themselves as laughing nymphs and seduced him to bring him to a secluded area where they could warn him of an assassin in the midst of his troops, who he proceeded to foil.

As a Servant, this skill grants Saber a sixth sense of sorts that alerts him to the presence and killing intent of assassins. While he cannot see straight through the effects of Presence Concealment, Saber is aware of any Assassins located nearby and will be able to respond to their attacks as if they were clearly visible. Alternative assassination abilities such as Espionage are negated outright.

Weathering the Odds: B
    The nature of a warrior whose endurance is so great that they have no need for armor; if anything, they are actually even tougher unarmored. For Saber, the legend where he stripped down to his bare chest and weathered the freezing wind of a mountain’s peak to prove that the temperature was nothing to his men has materialized as this skill. Upon shedding his armor, Saber gains a plus modifier to his Endurance and he blots out all sensation of pain.

NOBLE PHANTASMS
    Rising Star of Silia: Promise of the False Shooting Star (Anti-Army, A)The many victories of Gim Yu-sin are often said to have been accompanied by the rising of a star in the sky, blazing so bright that it seemed a surefire omen of his victory. Yet, in reality, it occurred only once, when the falling of a star from the sky convinced his men that they were fated to lose their upcoming battle. Gim Yu-sin, a man who placed force of will above suspicion, responded by firing a flaming kite into the sky, telling his men that it had risen once more, and proceeded to lead them to victory, slaughtering their enemies with ease.

With a sweeping motion of his sword, Yu-sin fires a crackling flare of magical energy into the sky, where it rapidly ascends to shine above the battlefield below as a star. This star manifests an explosive turning point, providing amplified effects the worse of a situation Yu-sin was in when he used it. Acting as an omen of victory, it reverses the tides of fortune to Yu-sin’s favor, providing him and his allies boosted parameters for as long as the “star” continues to shine.

As the star’s light begins to fade, it slowly falls from the sky, gaining velocity as it does so, before it collides with the ground, centered at Yu-sin’s estimation of his opponent’s future position. On impact, this flare explodes with the force of a great meteorite, blowing away Yu-sin’s opponents and ranking down their Luck as a side effect.

This flare can be shot down before it lands, though as it gains velocity, this becomes more and more difficult, requiring greater and greater force until the only thing that can slow its descent is a Noble Phantasm of comparable or greater power. In addition, Yu-sin and his allies are not immune to the explosion it makes when it hits the ground, either, and must clear out to stay safe.

APPEARANCE
    Yu-sin is a slender man of below average height, clad in a golden, traditional Korean armor. He wears no helmet, letting his long, silky black hair free, tied up into a high-ponytail. His eyes are as dark as his hair, so deep that there appears to be no border between his irises and pupils. Pale skin stands in stark contrast to his dark hair and eyes, unbroken by scars despite his years of combat, and he holds his sheathed blade at his side. Though his slight build may suggest otherwise, Yu-sin’s body is subtly toned by years of training.

As a former member of the Hwarang, Yu-sin maintains his fastidious cleanliness and compliments his effeminate features with makeup, such as striking eyeliner, slight blush, and light, pink lipstick. The clip that holds his ponytail in place is an ornate gold, emblazoned with his family’s seal, and his armor purposefully leaves his right shoulder exposed, revealing a beautiful, soft hanbok of strikingly warm golds and reds underneath. Yu-sin holds himself proudly, always with one hand on the hilt of his sword and his steady gaze fixed firmly on the horizon.

PERSONALITY
    Yu-sin is an eloquent, educated, and polite man by all means, speaking slowly but passionately about his dreams and his wishes for the future. He is very well-read and in the modern era, seeks to spend whatever free time he may have reading up on modern literature and picking the minds of military tacticians before and after his life. Though he is a loyal Servant, he does not hesitate to speak his mind and will often lecture his Master if they make any misstep that he could’ve rectified.

However, in combat, this quiet man seems to become another person entirely. All of his normal formal composure vanishes, leaving a subtly smiling warrior in gold who discards all hesitation to throw himself into a battle. This is where he thrives, grinning to himself as he is locked in deathmatch after deathmatch in a Holy Grail War. Though he may be a knight, Yu-sin’s experiences on the battlefield have taught him that there is little room for honor, and he does not hesitate to fight dirty in pursuit of his goals.

His once quiet voice is raised to a bloodthirsty roar as he loses himself in bloodshed and gives in to his own anger, fighting in a frenzy that does nothing to diminish his incredible swordsmanship. While Yu-sin is a Servant that prizes clever tactics, what honor he does have bars him from refusing a challenge or fleeing from a fight. He would rather die than back down, and seeing such sentiments in his master is sure to gain them his contempt.

The same devotion Yu-sin shows in the heat of battle drives him forth in all his life, making for an extremely stubborn and persistent person who will do whatever it takes to gain an advantage. While he fights wildly in combat, outside, he more subtly works to shift situations in his favor, manipulating his opponents and allies to lead them to victorious situations. Believing that anything can be accomplished by those who try hard enough, Yu-sin is irritated by superstitions that hold others back, but is happy to use these same superstitions to manipulate people.

Due to his own strong beliefs regarding personal agency, Yu-sin regards those who back out from promises, flee from battle, and break under pressure with barely contained disgust, and will expect his master to give everything their all, just as he expects of himself. Anything less, while unlikely to make him turn against them, will certainly make him increasingly disrespectful and irritable. Yu-sin is also incredibly proud, and insulting this pride is sure to make his otherwise obscured temper flare up.

For Yu-sin, the Holy Grail is a chance to achieve his greatest goal once more - the unification of Korea. To see it broken once again brings him great grief. He cares not who rules, so long as they are just, and has little interest in the crown himself, having accepted that he is already dead and is an existence that will inevitably fade. The Holy Grail War is enough to satisfy his need for combat and mind games, and even if he dies without succeeding, the chance to battle against history’s greatest heroes will leave him pleased, but still wanting.

It's been a while. I've wanted to make Yu-sin for a while, but only now have I mustered up the motivation to do it, so here it is. I'm worried he may be underpowered for such an important Korean folk hero, but this is my best shot, so.
    Last edited by Voyager; April 8th, 2018 at 09:28 PM.
    And yet, she folded it a hundred times.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think you forgot to add the Parameters.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    So, when looking up possible ideas for the contest that's been going on, I recently stumbled across a legend of the Biblical Benjamin being a werewolf (see here). That's pretty awesome and hilarious, and kind of makes me want to write a sheet of him (how many Jewish werewolves are there?). Unfortunately, other then that I can't really find enough cool stuff on him to flesh out a Servant sheet.

How would it be if you make a Connection on the greek Lycanthrop and a moon based ability that strenghten him (i havent known that it exist jewish theriantropia)?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    How would it be if you make a Connection on the greek Lycanthrop and a moon based ability that strenghten him (i havent known that it exist jewish theriantropia)?
    That'd be the most obvious choice, yeah. I could also give him a self-sealing NP like Medusa's Breaker Gorgon (only deriving its authority from the Jewish God) representing how he normally sealed away his werewolf impulses.

Off the top of my head, I know that men from the tribe of Benjamin were trained to fight left-handed to confuse their enemies, giving them a reputation of being tricky to fight against. On my Ehud sheet way back when I represented this by giving him a Knowledge of Respect and Harmony-type skill because of his (relatively) esoteric fighting style.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Off the top of my head, I know that men from the tribe of Benjamin were trained to fight left-handed to confuse their enemies, giving them a reputation of being tricky to fight against. On my Ehud sheet way back when I represented this by giving him a Knowledge of Respect and Harmony-type skill because of his (relatively) esoteric fighting style.
    Ooh, that's cool. Thanks. I'll definitely be sure to include something like that if I ever write up the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    I think you forgot to add the Parameters.
    Whoops. Yes I did.
    And yet, she folded it a hundred times.

Blog Entries
    one Question at all how would be the Outcome of a fight from my Sesostris I and the official Arjuna ?
    with a fame-bost at Sesostris side ?

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gim Yu-Sin: Cool sheet, but seeing how you mention the importance of archery in Korea and the kind of NP you gave him, I think he'd be better as an Archer (then again, how many Archers actually use a bow?)

Blog Entries
    I have one Question due to that i havent the Grand order game ,can someone Desribe me Fion Mac Cumhails personality and where is exact battle capabilities are lieing?
    and how are lying the two Points at Boudica ?

Blog Entries
    I have one Question due to that i havent the Grand order game ,can someone Desribe me Fion Mac Cumhails personality and where is exact battle capabilities are lieing?
    and how are lying the two Points at Boudica ?
    For one thing, you could just read his personality blurb on the wiki. It's not perfect by any means but it's better then nothing. And also, I think you'd be better off asking this in General Questions then Create-A-Servant.

Blog Entries
    For one thing, you could just read his personality blurb on the wiki. It's not perfect by any means but it's better then nothing. And also, I think you'd be better off asking this in General Questions then Create-A-Servant.
    personality wise i have seen enough now but i would especially Need from Fion exact Information about his capabilities.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This thread is to ask and talk about the sheets we make. If you have any doubt about an official Servant, there are other threads.

That being said, does anyone have any suggestion for Cethern's skillset? I've only given him two skills so far: Unyielding Will and an anti-healing skill, and I don't feel it's enough with that.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; April 5th, 2018 at 12:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    This thread is to ask and talk about the sheets we make. If you have any doubt about an official Servant, there are other threads.

That being said, does anyone have any suggestion for Cethern's skillset? I've only given him two skills so far: Unyielding Will and an anti-healing skill, and I don't feel it's enough with that.
    A Skill like Babbage's Mechanical Armor could work, though that might be better folded under his NP.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe make a skill with effects like Natural Body but twist it, like Artificial Body and boosting Endurance.

Blog Entries
    King of Padoru do you mean with Cethen actually Cethern mac Fintain ?

Blog Entries
    Almost certainly yes, as he was brought up a few pages ago and Padoru said he'd like to do a sheet for him sometime.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes.
    A Skill like Babbage's Mechanical Armor could work, though that might be better folded under his NP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Maybe make a skill with effects like Natural Body but twist it, like Artificial Body and boosting Endurance.
    Hermes' idea is basically the NP I wanted him to have. I considered someting like Synthetic Limbs rather than Mechanical Armor, but both would overlap with the NP.

Perhaps I'll jokingly give him Riding at EX rank and justify it by saying he literally became one with his ride
    Last edited by King of Padoru; April 5th, 2018 at 01:31 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Yes.

Hermes' idea is basically the NP I wanted him to have. I considered someting like Synthetic Limbs rather than Mechanical Armor, but both would overlap with the NP.

Perhaps I'll jokingly give him Riding at EX rank and justify it by saying he literally became one with his ride
    I did the same Riding thing with my Roland Alter back in the day but if his NP isn’t turning into a chariot like a transformer I will be sorely disappointed.