Page 5798 of 6412 FirstFirst ... 4798529856985748578857935796579757985799580058035808584858986298 ... LastLast
Results 115,941 to 115,960 of 128225

Thread: Badass Versus Thread

She did kill a lot of sand

The sand was very evil
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

When you wear an armor that tight with tits enough to bury your entire head in, the sand can be very irritating

Especially when you're sweating

JP Friend Code
    So she is Star War prequel's Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post

I mean, summary isnt really enough for the details, and calling rhongo SAT beam as "a thing that only kills civilian" felt like he is indeed missing the details
    ok, would you care to list the servants that it killed? no roundabound "he died from the effort of countering it/blocking it, but he succeeded in the defense" examples

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Well the buttload of people False Richard summoned, for one.

But that's not even the thing, so much as greatly undervaluing what Rhongomyniad is to begin with.

and if Ea didnt kill anyone of note or successfully overpowered strong NPs, i wouldnt care about it either, no matter "what" Ea happened to be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Although also to be fair, things like "active Master contract" doesn't actually make any sense since most Servants don't have one.

i mentionned the contract because in GO the Servants will sometimes mention that they cnt use their full strenght without a contract, even if they are otherwise in top shape (which arash was not)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    ok, would you care to list the servants that it killed? no roundabound "he died from the effort of countering it/blocking it, but he succeeded in the defense" examples
    just to answer your question, the Servant that claimed to be Richard, and the entirety of the Crusaders

but you mistake me
    what i want to point is
    you said it only kills civilian
    but it doesnt only do that
    it practically terraformed Jereusalem and its vicinity to wastelands, repeatedly in short interval
    thats not "only kills civilian"
    thats a feat much more greater than what Cu did with his GB
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

祖 Ancestor
    and if Ea didnt kill anyone of note or successfully overpowered strong NPs, i wouldnt care about it either, no matter "what" Ea happened to be
    So by your logic, Rhongomyniad could nuke a country off the map but unless it kills servants or breaks other NPs, it's worthless huh?

JP Friend Code
    i mentionned the contract because in GO the Servants will sometimes mention that they cnt use their full strenght without a contract, even if they are otherwise in top shape (which arash was not)
    The servants in singularities and lostbelt don't need contracts to do their shit, because they are either summoned by the land itself or Goetia's artgraph, they are already bound to an anchor, which provided them more than enough fuel. Heck in most cases they actually perform BETTER before they form a contract with the MC becuz the MC is a shitty mage. A contract to MC is not to unlock their power, but to make sure they fight efficiently with the MC's team, and most of the time they don't even do that, they just hop in and fight as part of the team.

Blog Entries
    they do get chaldea's maryoku, so there's that in terms of supply

make chaldea's electricity bill even mroe expensive tho
    Last edited by castor212; May 25th, 2018 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    The servants in singularities and lostbelt don't need contracts to do their shit, because they are either summoned by the land itself or Goetia's artgraph, they are already bound to an anchor, which provided them more than enough fuel. Heck in most cases they actually perform BETTER before they form a contract with the MC becuz the MC is a shitty mage. A contract to MC is not to unlock their power, but to make sure they fight efficiently with the MC's team, and most of the time they don't even do that, they just hop in and fight as part of the team.
    i am going by the NA text, where they say that they need a contract to use their full power. for example, Tesla in America says that he aint at full power. ordinarily, yes, i would expect a summoning from the land to be more than enough for them but since they go out of their way to mention that they need a contract, i see no reason to discredit them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    just to answer your question, the Servant that claimed to be Richard, and the entirety of the Crusaders

but you mistake me
    what i want to point is
    you said it only kills civilian
    but it doesnt only do that
    it practically terraformed Jereusalem and its vicinity to wastelands, repeatedly in short interval
    thats not "only kills civilian"
    thats a feat much more greater than what Cu did with his GB

i dont recall it being that way with Richard. what i recall is Gawain saying that he needed to sacrifice his sister to manage to get a killing blow on the guy.

and there lies the problem, "repeatedly". you may as well show me Emiya firing Caladbolgs for a couple of weeks until he destroyed the equivalent area of a country and call it impressive.

destroying a few small villages isnt impressive. Iskander can destroy Fuyuki, a city, in some 30 minutes or 1 hour, without activating any NPs and i have no problem picturing servants doing similar feats with just melee. Karna VS Siegfried was just melee in their first fight and among the damage they caused, they made a crater that looked like it was made by a meteor and this wasnt even intentional on their part. Heck, if i take the whole "herc can destroy a mountain with 1 swing" thing seriously, that by itself already outdoes the feat of destroying a small village by a mile. taken literally, Herc could destroy the landscape to the same or a greater degree than Arturia did, with a single strike.

- - - Updated - - -

now, i do think that lion king is stronger than all the servants i just mentioned. i am just saying why i am not impressed by the feats you brought up

祖 Ancestor
    i am going by the NA text, where they say that they need a contract to use their full power. for example, Tesla in America says that he aint at full power. ordinarily, yes, i would expect a summoning from the land to be more than enough for them but since they go out of their way to mention that they need a contract, i see no reason to discredit them
    There are almost certainly more circumstances involved here than you're suggesting. A contract with a mage is using them as a mana battery, not much else unless they're booting the servant some other way, and that depends on the specific master. Otherwise, a contract with the world is...using the world as a mana resource. It should be clear which exactly is providing more power.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Firstly, Tesla in America says if he had full power for his NP, not that he isn't at full power. His NP is a lot like Excalibur or a mana burst in that its output is directly related to how much he puts in, and unless he's got time to go Galvanism a ton he can't actually go full ham. Context. Is. Important.

Secondly, Tesla in America is not the same as the other Servants. There is a lot of implication that he's there not because he's called but because he is actually willfully showing up to make up for the trouble of the previous Singularity. Context. Is. Important.

Third, Servants in FGO that aren't directly contracted with FuuGee0 are either contracted by or with the grail/grail holder, Solomon, the land, or, overall, it's implied, humanity. They're there because Heroic Spirits are heroes of humanity. Context. Important.

Fourth, yes, they go out of their way to say that contracts are better. Why? Not because of powerlevels. Because of meaning. Not just in America, but throughout Fate, their reasons to fight and purpose are directly tied to what they'll accomplish, because that is literally what Heroic Spirits are. Emiya doesn't have a purpose anymore, so no jamming it back into Rin. Saber still doesn't have her answer, stick around to jam it into Rin. No war to fight but Servants still around, they get jobs as flower arrangers and maids. Get summoned in Grand Orders by grails to save or destroy humanity, great, but when things are resolved they don't stick around even though you still have the Singularity's grail and can still give them mana. Context. Important.

There is no real flat rate blanket that you can give that says x. Especially when you don't seem to be reading the plot or system-related context.

So, you want real powerlevel equivalency for context? Neither Arash nor Lion King have a Master contract. Arash and Lion King are both trying to save humanity in their own way, giving them all the purpose they could ever want, contract or no, based on their own views of what their sense of justice means. You want a Nasuverse-esque reason for it all? Here, I'll do it Nasuverse-style.

The might of the King of Knights, poured into the Sacred Spear. To follow her path of justice, for the sake of her kingdom, she will bare her lion's fangs at those unfortunate enough to be the "lesser" number.
    The name of her spear, Rhongomyniad, the Shining Spear at the End of the World.
    A power capable of tearing reality apart, making way for the phantasmal realm beneath.
    Even if Arash could guard against it, that would mean nothing in the face of its overwhelming might. The moment it was fired, it was destined to destroy its target and light the path for those that remained. That was the iron-clad rule with this spear's divine destiny, its singular purpose in the world of mankind.
    ----Yet.
    Rising above this fate is why he is a Heroic Spirit of the Bow.
    For he is but an auspicious star, one destined to see that two warring nations both survive.
    Light converges on light.
    And the destined light of victory, of one hero's answer, is defeated by the whole-hearted grin of a man that shouts his dream to the heavens.
    "STELLA!!!!!!!!!!"

You know, circumstance. Bonds. Karma. Fate. Not because Rhongo isn't strong. But because it's meant to be. And Arash in particular, even FGO aside, is a dude that in particular has attack power that doesn't afraid of anything.

or sumsuch

look I don't wanna actually use the scene itself because that'd problematic coming from me

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    it's just an independent tl man no shame

- - - Updated - - -

just change the names a little so the homework copying isn't too obvious
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    now, i do think that lion king is stronger than all the servants i just mentioned. i am just saying why i am not impressed by the feats you brought up
    Reminder: short interval.
    We are talking range and fire power.

First of all, Iskandar can destroy Fuyuki, but he needs svereal hours to do that and has to use Gordius Wheel too.

One blast of Rhongo SAT beam can do what Emiya BPs need several times or Gordius Wheel need hours to perform. Its range is more than "just a village", its so wide that evacuating the village wont totally save the villagers in time, and Arash have to offshoot it. The sat beam even be done from sooooo far away from the Camelot palace to a faraway mountains.

Yes, given time any HS with destructo abilities can do what the sat beam can do. But thats the thing. Itll took longer for them at a much lower rate of destruction. And even then, other Servants would need a great supply of maryoku somewhere to actually be able to do that continuosly do that until a country is wiped out. The lion king, otoh, was shown to have no such limitation and just say beaming again and again.

So basically, the sat beam can do it faster, larger, stronger, wider, and from a much further range than a highranked NP can do.

Originally youre saying about Cu Alter's Gae Bolg.
    It has no such feat approaching what the sat beam can do.
    Last edited by castor212; May 26th, 2018 at 01:11 AM.

Text
    Arashi, blink twice if Albert is standing right behind you

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar

look I don't wanna actually use the scene itself because that'd problematic coming from me
    ?_? why do we not have a questionmark emoji

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He's to blame for all of your bad gacha rolls
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    He's to blame for all of your bad gacha rolls
    Kirei has a BL account?