Page 436 of 568 FirstFirst ... 336386426431434435436437438441446486536 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    The narrative that success is good is a lie perpetrated by your neoliberal puppetmasters; inequality is a sin in and of itself
    You'd have a great future at Latin American politics.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Holy crap man, easy there... Cannot unsee...
    You played through Fate/Stay Night, and somehow THAT line disturbs you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    You'd have a great future at Latin American politics.
    If Cortez is anything to go by, he'd have a great future in American politics in general.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Which of the Round Table got trampled by Saber?
    Wasn't talking about the Round Table.

Also, to switch topics a bit, still no Shadow familiar plushies, I am disappointed Aniplex, you choose wine, not no plushies? Come on.

JP Friend Code
    Interesting Artoria discussion got sparked here...!!

When I said that wanting to be an ideal king could be a flaw of hers, I more meant in relation to the narrative that continually emphasized the separation between "King" and "Human". It always bugged me how the writing makes it seem that Artoria is incapable of being human because she strives to be an ideal king for her people and her country. I don't see why the two can't go hand-in-hand. But from the moment she pulls the sword out and makes her choice, apparently that sets her on an inhuman path even though her actions and choices are motivated by very human reasons imo. Sure, she lacked social understanding at times and did what was necessary to keep her kingdom afloat...but she put her all into it and that's not a flaw. Though her ideals do cripple her in the end, leading to a rejection of herself.

And how people couldn't understand her because she strived for an ideal they couldn't reach. It's tragic in the way she tries to defy fate but it's the flaws of humanity that defeat her in the end.

I still view her as a great King who really got dealt a pretty rough hand lol
    ---Rayshifting since 2015/08/28
    Current Support Lineup ^^

Best Girl

---Various Fate (and other) cosplay adventures: https://linktr.ee/nisaba.cosplay

Watched the english dub of presage flower tonight.....its surreal hearing Sakura talk and hearing Hawk's voice come out, it bleeds through a lot of her acting and its super distracting cause i can tell she's trying to sound more like Elizabeth but it doesnt work a decent amount of the time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    You're right. Killing people in sadistic ways is a character flaw (insofar as committing the act is a part of one's character). But that is the ACTION (tendency) being the flaw. NOT the excelling at it. It doesn't matter what vile thing you're amazing at. It could be raping infants whilst simultaneously roasting puppies and kittens on a stick. The flaw isn't being good at it, the flaw is in your tendency to do it. But you can have a character who's the best at the worst thing imaginable, and never, ever have the character do it.

You're completely missing what I meant when I said you were putting words in my mouth. Obviously excelling at something and being talented is mostly the same thing, with the only difference being a measure of degree. The reason you're misunderstood me is that you're putting everything into either a camp of good or a camp of bad. Excelling at something can never be bad. However, that doesn't mean it's automatically good. It just means it's either good, or neutral. Excelling at killing people in horrific ways is not a flaw. But it's not good either. It just is. That is why you were putting words in my mouth, because you werepositing that I was arguing that talents of all kinds were inherently, always, without exception, good. Even though I never made the claim, ever, anywhere.
    Well I don't agree with the parts I've bolded at all. Imo the fact that someone excels at something vile can be both a flaw and bad independently of whether or not they choose to use that talent. But I can see that I can't change your mind, so whatever I guess. I'll just agree to disagree.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Rokudaime out here making Psycho-Pass real.

Blog Entries
    https://twitter.com/KaroshiMyriad/st...60999310471169

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Rokudaime out here making Psycho-Pass real.
    Thank God that he's on here rather than out being hyper-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Well I don't agree with the parts I've bolded at all. Imo the fact that someone excels at something vile can be both a flaw and bad independently of whether or not they choose to use that talent. But I can see that I can't change your mind, so whatever I guess. I'll just agree to disagree.
    This is such a weird position to have, if you ask me. There is a near infinite potential for malice and evil in the world. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is capable of doing something bad, and capable of doing some bad thing very well. Yet, they could be the nicest person in the world, who've never, ever hurt anyone or anything. An absolute paragon of virtue. Yet, the mere fact that it's a possibility, no matter how infinitesimally small, that they could go against their morals and personality, and do something bad well, means that they are a flawed person to you? Their actions don't matter at all, their personality doesn't matter at all, the mere fact that they have consciousness and agency in this world condemns them, in your eyes?

It reminds me of that Yugioh abridged episode.

"You keep acting like I'm the bad guy."
    "Think about it, you don't have any memories of your time as pharaoh. So it stands to reason you could've been a EVIL pharaoh.
    "Interesting. So what you're saying is that morality ISN'T cut and dry. Even the best people have a darker half to their personalities, and nobody is really perfect."
    "No, I'm saying that having the ability to be evil makes you evil."
    "Well, that doesn't seem right."

JP Friend Code
    218,066,906 - Winter
    Ufotable Cafe celebrates Valentines Day with limited pictures for Sakura, Rin, Ilya, and Saber Alter.

~ I love and admire beautiful stories ~
    Unlimited Blade Works' true Good End: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av569...50898884336512
    Spoiler:

That Sakura art is actually pretty disturbing if have seen Lost Butterfly and know what those candies represent...

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    This is such a weird position to have, if you ask me. There is a near infinite potential for malice and evil in the world. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is capable of doing something bad, and capable of doing some bad thing very well. Yet, they could be the nicest person in the world, who've never, ever hurt anyone or anything. An absolute paragon of virtue. Yet, the mere fact that it's a possibility, no matter how infinitesimally small, that they could go against their morals and personality, and do something bad well, means that they are a flawed person to you? Their actions don't matter at all, their personality doesn't matter at all, the mere fact that they have consciousness and agency in this world condemns them, in your eyes?

"Think about it, you don't have any memories of your time as pharaoh. So it stands to reason you could've been a EVIL pharaoh.
    "Interesting. So what you're saying is that morality ISN'T cut and dry. Even the best people have a darker half to their personalities, and nobody is really perfect."
    Humans are inherently flawed, discuss.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Humans are not inherently flawed. We just overwhelmingly tend to be.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Humans are not inherently flawed. We just overwhelmingly tend to be.
    Tsk tsk. I said "discuss", not "declare".

Do you then believe that there exists a non-trivial number of flawless humans?
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    218,066,906 - Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    That Sakura art is actually pretty disturbing if have seen Lost Butterfly and know what those candies represent...
    Well can't unsee that now.
    ~ I love and admire beautiful stories ~
    Unlimited Blade Works' true Good End: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av569...50898884336512
    Spoiler:

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    All other sapient species in the setting also are, so it's not like they have any room to criticize either.

Despite doing it all the time regardless.

Ufotable Cafe celebrates Valentines Day with limited pictures for Sakura, Rin, Ilya, and Saber Alter.
    Medusa once again gets screwed over by life.

Blog Entries

All right but why did this supposedly “good” person write a buzzfeed list called “thirty best ways to beat up a baby without alerting child protective services, step one move to Japan”? Seems pretty shady to me.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if you ask me all this fucking navel gazing and philosophizing is a pretty big character flaw, all you need is a gut check, if someone says to you “hey I’m a master of this [absolutely fucking horrifying thing] but don’t worry my morals would never allow me to misuse it” and your response is “naw dawg that’s fucked up right there” then it’s a flaw

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    Here what I thought
    Ryuunosuke being good at using tools is a good point
    Him being psycopath is flaw
    People getting killed because of him being psycopath is the result
    It's not his flaw or good point, it's the result of him being psycopath
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; February 12th, 2019 at 11:37 PM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    A not extreme example
    Sherlock is good at observing people
    His flaw is that he is insensitive and like to show off and not realizing that he blurt out something that shouldn't be said about a person
    People don't like him and avoid contact with him is not his flaw but the result of him having the flaw above
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; February 13th, 2019 at 12:20 AM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet