Page 18 of 143 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

are you guys keeping a log of all the issues and such documented? going back through the thread must be better exhausting otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    ...but wouldn't that mean the average user would still need to install ultimate edition on Windows/via WINE?
    Yes, since the original game is only available for Windows.

However, once you applied the multi-platform patch, it can run on other platforms.

Hey, so I'm helping out a friend to get the game in english, but when he tries to run it, he gets this screen. We're unsure what causes the problem at hand. I appreciate any help that can be given:

F/GO friend code: 319871588/solopy567

Quote Originally Posted by solopy567 View Post
    Hey, so I'm helping out a friend to get the game in english, but when he tries to run it, he gets this screen. We're unsure what causes the problem at hand. I appreciate any help that can be given:

That does not look like the correct version or patched version of the game (File dates look too old, and patch133.xp3 exists).
    Make sure you run the installer and select the correct folders for the three routes of the Realta Nua version of the game.

Currently making a 100% file and being very thorough (as in literally every scene in the game viewed even unimportant ones), noticed something I missed.

Spoiler:

This should be a very easy fix so I don't need help with it but I do wonder if someone remembers any other scenes where the status menu shows up as an image without the player pausing. In OG FSN it shows up when Saber or Rin gives Shirou the ability to view stats, but that was replaced with a much more generic image in RN, however this image was taken from the scene on Fate Day 5 if you choose to talk to Saber about Berserker. Are there any other scenes I'm failing to remember where a Status Screen image appears?
    Memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoko Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Hi, may i ask some question I really appriciate the game and patch you gave but i have a problems that when i finish the first fate route in ultimate edition and move on to UBM route the game is stuck where op the suppose to come up but my screen went black and nothing happen the game just stuck how can i fix this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin2539 View Post
    Hi, may i ask some question I really appriciate the game and patch you gave but i have a problems that when i finish the first fate route in ultimate edition and move on to UBM route the game is stuck where op the suppose to come up but my screen went black and nothing happen the game just stuck how can i fix this problem
    It's an issue due to an error on my part. I have the fix ready I'm just going to have it tested before releasing the next build to the public. In the meantime there is an option to skip movie playback in-game that you can choose to progress forward.
    Memorable quotes

So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    In all honesty the Ufo Anime should've included a switch that let people chose what route they wanted to watch.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Well my initial impression and tests on the updated installer and such has everything looking fine (the weird "panning/zooming out" graphical OSD left-over bug is still present, but I'm guessing that's expected at this point?)

I had wanted to do some farther testing on older-than Win7 SP1 OSes since there are supposedly some modifications that should improve that front, but since we already list Win7 SP1 as the current minimum requirement then I don't think such a thing should hold a release back, and even if it does work on something like Win7 without any service pack or even Vista, it's not like it'll change all that much - the only thing is that I'll need to update my minimum requirements and "secret compatibility pro-tips".

In particular, the SSD that I would be using for testing is currently occupied by a backup the contents of a failing external hard drive from a family friend. Until that's sorted out (which really shouldn't take all that much longer as I've been working on it over the last week or so at this point), testing the VN on anything older than Win7 SP1 would be quite a pain.
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Well my initial impression and tests on the updated installer and such has everything looking fine (the weird "panning/zooming out" graphical OSD left-over bug is still present, but I'm guessing that's expected at this point?)

I had wanted to do some farther testing on older-than Win7 SP1 OSes since there are supposedly some modifications that should improve that front, but since we already list Win7 SP1 as the current minimum requirement then I don't think such a thing should hold a release back, and even if it does work on something like Win7 without any service pack or even Vista, it's not like it'll change all that much - the only thing is that I'll need to update my minimum requirements and "secret compatibility pro-tips".

In particular, the SSD that I would be using for testing is currently occupied by a backup the contents of a failing external hard drive from a family friend. Until that's sorted out (which really shouldn't take all that much longer as I've been working on it over the last week or so at this point), testing the VN on anything older than Win7 SP1 would be quite a pain.
    Can I get a screenshot of said bug or how may I duplicate it?

Also the BG images are acceptable? I got the best results by doing a waifu2x and then no Halo up to the rest of the way. What is seen at 96dpi is actually being downscaled 5x but it's svg. I tried to make it as unnoticeable as possible. If I waifued it anymore it became too sharp and the edges looked like someone outlined the characters in mspaint.

As long as nobody does anything really strange like stick it between two monitors of different resolutions it should be fine. I don't know if it will handle being moved between two different monitors of different resolutions as I don't have the setup to test it. I don't think it will though as I'm not handling that case.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; March 11th, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
    ~ "I have no idea what I'm doing, but at least I'm trying."

Quote Originally Posted by Anonamous View Post
    Can I get a screenshot of said bug or how may I duplicate it?
    I'm referring to the bug that was already previously-mentioned by myself and Jack here:

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...=1#post2957155

http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...02#post2960902

Also I spoke too soon about the installer - the derpy text box alignment issue when using 150% DPI scaling still exists.

Screenshots don't do it justice, so behold the wonders of animated PNG:

I'm referring to the bug that was already previously-mentioned by myself and Jack here:

Also I spoke too soon about the installer - the derpy text box alignment issue when using 150% DPI scaling still exists.
    Oh I misunderstood lol.
    Redownload the installer from my gdrive and see if it still occurs. If it does I'll check it again tomorrow as it shouldn't be.

Edit: nvm simple fix will do tomorrow.

After Archer use his "noble phantasm" against Berserker in graveyard,the game goes black when Shirou vision goes white along with his throbbing head

Quote Originally Posted by Vidstr View Post
    After Archer use his "noble phantasm" against Berserker in graveyard,the game goes black when Shirou vision goes white along with his throbbing head

Quote Originally Posted by Jacktheinfinite101 View Post
    It's an issue due to an error on my part. I have the fix ready I'm just going to have it tested before releasing the next build to the public. In the meantime there is an option to skip movie playback in-game that you can choose to progress forward.
    ^
    Memorable quotes

Screenshots don't do it justice, so behold the wonders of animated PNG:
    So I fixed it. However, I realized I need to implement a timeout as it appears google is having technical difficulties atm. Should have done by the weekend.

Edit: Done, and I nicely refactored the scaling implementation. It's on my drive, links are the same.
    Last edited by TheUnknownIdentity; March 13th, 2019 at 03:39 PM.

DPI scaling does indeed seem to be fixed AFAICT.

I did find an unrelated bug however - on the third screen, in the first text box (the one for "destination folder"), if you type a colon as the very first character on the left (or heck as the only character in the entire text box), the installer instantly closes. This bug can also be activated by simply deleting the "C" at the beginning of the text box.

DPI scaling does indeed seem to be fixed AFAICT.

I did find an unrelated bug however - on the third screen, in the first text box (the one for "destination folder"), if you type a colon as the very first character on the left (or heck as the only character in the entire text box), the installer instantly closes. This bug can also be activated by simply deleting the "C" at the beginning of the text box.
    Nice catch. Fixed it.

Found another bug courtesy of a Redditor. Tiger Dojo essentially does not function properly in wide screen mode.

-Whenever Taiga hits Illya, the return to the textbox displaces the text on the screen so it's at the bottom of the box and anything longer than one line is lost.
    -The sequence with the red stamp appearing over the dojo doesn't have the "smart panning" for the background, so the background suddenly pans up or down after it rather than loading in the correct coordinates.
    -The special intros in the UBW and HF versions don't work properly as in the UBW one the doors don't actually open, they just magically pop out of existence to reveal the kanji tiger and the words "Tiger Dojo" in the HF version are cut off as they spanned the full length of the frame in 4:3
    Memorable quotes

Found a bug - if you change the language or window settings while you're on the prologue title menu, rather than returning to said title menu it will instead go right into the prologue directly even if "prologue title menu" is enabled.

Oh yeah I recall that being reported, not sure if I mentioned it and it was missed in some other discussion or I forgot to post about it.
    Memorable quotes

i think i reported on that...yeah changing the settings will do that for some reason