Page 40 of 143 FirstFirst ... 30353839404142455090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night [Realta Nua] - Ultimate Edition (thread discontinued, see OP for new thread)

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Is this thing still continuing?
    Why would it not be?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Im asking, not negating.

Hasnt visited the thread for a while.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

bug report: everytime i load the save, the letters are gone, and i need to change the font format to reapear.

Video issues will be fixed in next update when LAVFilters is installed.

Resident straight-male kuutsundere NM64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uyjulian View Post
    Video issues will be fixed in next update when LAVFilters is installed.
    Wait, I thought the entire purpose of us integrating LAVFilters was so that we don't have the video issues that occured with the previous non-merge PC Realta Nua english insertion project?

I don't suppose the issues could be solved by simply updating the integrated LAVFilters to a newer version, or even setting it to always to software decoding?

(only the Fate Vita OP might have performance issues on some older low-end hardware, and by that I mean like a first-gen 1core/2thread Intel Atom, a first gen AMD "Bobcat" APU like the C-50, or even older mid-2000s mid-1GHz dual core CPUs and earlier single core CPUs)
    HELP WANTED - Contact me if you know the original source of this song:

Quote Originally Posted by NM64 View Post
    Wait, I thought the entire purpose of us integrating LAVFilters was so that we don't have the video issues that occured with the previous non-merge PC Realta Nua english insertion project?

I don't suppose the issues could be solved by simply updating the integrated LAVFilters to a newer version, or even setting it to always to software decoding?

(only the Fate Vita OP might have performance issues on some older low-end hardware, and by that I mean like a first-gen 1core/2thread Intel Atom, a first gen AMD "Bobcat" APU like the C-50, or even older mid-2000s mid-1GHz dual core CPUs and earlier single core CPUs)
    Using LAVFilters alone won't work because krmovie always uses MPEG1/2/3 (CLSID_MPEG1Splitter/CLSID_CMpegVideoCodec/CLSID_CMpegAudioCodec) if the file format is not AVI or MOV (QuickTime). However, KirikiriZ has a facility where it's possible to use other codecs by registering them. See tTVPDSMixerVideoOverlay::BuildGraph for details.

Also, LAVFilters won't work if the processor is not compatible with SSE2. KirikiriZ removed most MMX code in the process of rewriting some parts of the graphics subsystem by Takenori Imoto.

Also, LAVFilters won't work if the processor is not compatible with SSE2
    All of the processors I mentioned except for the early 2000s single-core CPUs support SSE2; the most recent x86 CPU that doesn't support SSE2 is the Athlon XP which was superseded by the Athlon 64 in 2003.

(technically there's probably a more recent VIA x86 CPU that lacks support for SSE2, but anybody trying to run this on such a CPU in 2019 is extremely likely to know the given hardware's limitations and very much know what they're doing anyway)

Excuse me. I hope this is not the wrong place to ask, but I am having trouble getting this to run. I keep getting an error : "a required security module cannot be activated. this program cannot be executed (13001)"
    Or it says it can't find "storage startup.tjs"
    I am on Win 10 ad I have no idea what the issue is.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Eternal Crusader; August 13th, 2019 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Crusader View Post
    Excuse me. I hope this is not the wrong place to ask, but I am having trouble getting this to run. I keep getting an error : "a required security module cannot be activated. this program cannot be executed (13001)"
    Or it says it can't find "storage startup.tjs"
    I am on Win 10 ad I have no idea what the issue is.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    You are using the wrong version of the game. The original CD version, the DVD version, and the 28/6/2019 reprint version are not supported. In order to use this specific "Ultimate Edition" patch, you need to be use the Realta Nua version of the games, which the first of them was released on 23/12/2011.

You are using the wrong version of the game. The original CD version, the DVD version, and the 28/6/2019 reprint version are not supported. In order to use this specific "Ultimate Edition" patch, you need to be use the Realta Nua version of the games, which the first of them was released on 23/12/2011.
    It is the RN version, sir.

It is the RN version, sir.
    The Realta Nua versions of the game do not use security modules. If "cxdec.tpm" is in your installation directory, you have the wrong version of the game.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The PC version of RN had (notoriously annoying) DRM before being cracked, maybe that's what he's using?

Located a super-minor grammar error in the seperated-routes RN PC version that apparently still exists in Ultimate Edition (and presumably Koto's "vanilla RN" version?).

At the same time, I discovered a minor graphical bug with the "continue to the next line of text" arrow - when I was running at 0.80x window size and "high" quality and then switched only switched to "low" quality and changed nothing else (that is, retaining the 0.80x window size), you get this derpy overlayed arrow thing. Note that this only seems to happen if you change from high to low quality when that specific arrow is on-screen and it doesn't happen if you do it when the "continue to the next page of text" green square is on-screen (or perhaps the same issue does happen with it but it's way more minor to the point of not really being noticeable, so one should probably still investigate it)

If you happen to have not yet solved your issue by the time you read this, then maybe it'd be best to follow the advice that I give to newbies with regards to getting things up and running:

Quote Originally Posted by myself @ Reddit
    Follow steps 1 through 3 of the /r/fatestaynight VN guide.

Then after those three steps, run the installer.

...and that's pretty much it! Just run the VN and enjoy (protip, don't use the "wide" aspect ratio mode at this time - it's really buggy in the current v0.9.1 release).

So looking at the guide and browsing over my files, it seems that I downloaded the RN version that DID NOT include the cracking files.

speaking of typos, the zabaniya desciption in the status screen has quite a few typos

Blog Entries
    Yeah... I was manually copying those from image format to text format so it will look better at higher resolution.
    I guess that one slipped QA. Oops.
    Anyway I always go over this thread and fix everything you post so keep doing that.
    Next version should be out soon and would fix all the major issues (and add more switches of course).
    We just have 2 more small-ish issues we're trying to solve before we release the next version.

^ Just so your aware,the firstpage of zabaniya is also has typos, two of the "the"'s are typed as "teh"

Blog Entries
    I also follow Tanner's LP, he's quite entertaining :3

friends in close places~ i didnt know you as well followed FSN LPs

Found another minor grammar error.

In the process, I discovered a feature that the "skip this scene?" dialog box is actually considered as a separate window by the OS, so I was able to easily screenshot said dialog box by itself and then add it to the full program window screenshot with the grammar error after-the-fact (hence the atypical size and positioning) for easy identification of which scene this is.

(this also reminds me, did I happen to re-mention the idea of waifu2x-ing the UI buttons and such for the "High" quality preset? Because the VN's basic upscaling makes the text on said buttons quite blurry compared to the actual normal text)

----------------------------------------------------------------

So looking at the guide and browsing over my files, it seems that I downloaded the RN version that DID NOT include the cracking files.
    I had suggested in the past that it might be wise if the installer included and automatically applied the cracks, but my idea was shot down by Jack with I think his reasoning being something like "the cracks are pretty much always bundled with RN PC anyway and including them in the installer would be redundant".

...but that is clearly not actually the case. Perhaps this could be revisited?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Quibi View Post
    I also follow Tanner's LP, he's quite entertaining :3
    Are you by chance in contact with Tanner himself? I mean he is reading through the ultimate edition, and you are this project's head coder, so being in direct contact with him would seem like a wise thing.

For reference I myself was in contact with him earlier in his UBW read-through and it was me that notified him about the v0.9.1 update, but I've since fallen behind and haven't been keeping up with his LP.