Page 153 of 209 FirstFirst ... 53103143148151152153154155158163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4179

Thread: Fate/Grand Order: Babylonia Anime

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I didnt recognize him at first and actually wondered what a rapidash was doing here lol

I like the general fast pace of Tiamat's awakening, but I do feel like the start was very rushed. Wish Gorgon and Ana got a proper sendoff. I feel like this needed to be an hour long episode to maintain where the pacing enhanced the experience, and give some more time to where it was needed to. The ending was a real surprise to me, as someone who hasn't played the game.

The previous episode's pacing felt a bit rushed too.

I wonder if we'll get a proper new OP now that tiamat's revealed.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I think Beast IV looking wrong is because they wanted to do a silhouette tease of it's design while at the same time not spoiling
    Beast IV identity
    That it's Fou
    . A more detailed design could be seen as an spoiler.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    No "MEDUSA!" so -1

Yeah, it definitely felt a bit too rushed, but I'm not sure what would be the appropriate cut-off point. If you do Tiamat's awakening it's a whole episode vs. Gorgon, if you do "Siduri's missing" we have to take a lotta time nex episode in Eridu...

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    There is literally nothing that even hints that it's Fou. It could just as easily be any of the Beasts we haven't seen yet, or a Beast from another age entirely.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    I did like how everything went to shit so quickly that none of the characters really had time to process what was going on before the Lahmu were suddenly slaughtering everyone. And Fujimaru's concern for Siduri was good too.
    I think the same. I mean, I got the feeling that they were actively going for a fast chaos that almost leaves you with no time to process it. And when you got a moment to breathe, you start to go even more crazy like the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I'm not sure what would be the appropriate cut-off point. If you do Tiamat's awakening it's a whole episode vs. Gorgon, if you do "Siduri's missing" we have to take a lotta time nex episode in Eridu...
    That too. It's honestly a bit difficult to find a good point to cut off, and extending Gorgon's fight too much would've gotten to the point of "yeah cool but it's too long" that the Ushi's fight got criticized for imho.

I believe the main/only problem with this episode is that they didn't skip the opening nor the ending. That's three whole minutes lost here. I think the Kingu point is decent for a cut-off with the ending, but the opening should've been skipped.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    The tail matches, and it has dog-ish looks. Seems much more likely to be a teaser for the reveal in a possible future Solomon adaptation than some random generic filler image.

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by noname14 View Post
    uh
    I am the only one who like this fast pace then...
    It feels the same when I was panic as the chaos tide kept advancing each node. The feeling of emergency is real
    The episode is fast-paced, but not really in a way that instills emergency, at least imo. A breakneck pace could've worked to create an atmosphere of panic around the Lahmu's arrival, but these high energy moments were interrupted by exposition-heavy scenes where most characters are just kinda standing around. Instead of building continuously across the episode, tension kind of ebbed and flowed from scene to the next. Furthermore, a lot of scenes progressed too quickly to really let the impact of what was happening set in, so moments that should've had a lot of emotion felt bland instead.

As a result, the episode features a lot of important events but inspires fairly minimal emotional investment. The Gorgon fight stands as the exception for the most part, the flashback scenes and Gorgon's reactions being especially nice, but even that was hampered by being way too short for the conflict that the previous 14 episodes had been building towards.

In terms of general grievances I have, episode 15 also had a few annoying moments of telling instead of showing. The timing for the reveal that Ana's weapon could kill immortals makes it feel like an asspull when it really doesn't have to. Sprinkle in a hint or two about the weapon's qualities/identity after Gorgon's immortality was established and this later moment would feel much more natural. In addition, Ishtar's declaration that she's using more of her divinity than she planned is super clunky, and would've been better served by just showing her attacks get more destructive after being pissed about the Lahmu's cruelty. These two moments tie back to my other criticism about the placement of exposition in this episode. The perceived need to explain things as they happen interferes with the delivery of these moments, making them weaker overall.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    One talks right at the very end after it stabs Kingu, but yeah for most of the episode they were just doing their gibberish.

Was that Primate Murder during the Beasts explanation? It looked doglike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    It looks like some legendary pokemon tbh lol
    Spoiler:
    Though tbh I don't think it's referring to Fou. Not anywhere near fluffy enough.
    Spoiler:
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It isn't fluffy enough, and it frankly isn't detailed enough.

It's either a generic filler image, or it's a vague impression of what they're gonna make the Beast Arthur's chasing after look like, or something along those lines.

Also, it looks nothing like a dog! That's a bloody deer!
    Last edited by eddyak; January 25th, 2020 at 04:56 PM.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    I think Beast IV looking wrong is because they wanted to do a silhouette tease of it's design while at the same time not spoiling
    Beast IV identity
    That it's Fou
    . A more detailed design could be seen as an spoiler.
    There's no need to do a fake weird silhouette though. They could have just done a big wolf. None of the anime-onlies is going to associate our small squirrel-dog that's supposed to be a mythological cat monster with a big wolf.
    I think that's the actual design.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    No "MEDUSA!" so -1

Yeah, it definitely felt a bit too rushed, but I'm not sure what would be the appropriate cut-off point. If you do Tiamat's awakening it's a whole episode vs. Gorgon, if you do "Siduri's missing" we have to take a lotta time nex episode in Eridu...
    Eridu is not that long. They could have ended with Siduri disappearing, then ended next episode with Tiamat surfacing.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    There is literally nothing that even hints that it's Fou. It could just as easily be any of the Beasts we haven't seen yet, or a Beast from another age entirely.
    The tail is very fluffy, if it's not Fou I'll be really surprised.
    It would also be a really weird and underwhelming place to tease an unseen Beast. (inb4 that thing shows up in Olympus)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it looks nothing like a dog!

Would be a weird choice for sure.

祖 Ancestor
    Weird episode. I don't even know how to feel about it with how fast it went by. Lahmus were definitely handled very well, but the pacing was really bad.

I don't think Gorgon vs Ana fight itself needed to be extended, but I dunno, there's about something about it that's missing. The flasbacks to eating Euryale and Stheno had serious emotional weight and was a good ending. I just don't like how quickly it's gotten over. Gorgon barely feels like a presence in the anime.

All the Kingu scenes were jarring. They remove his transformation into avenger, they omit his conversation with Solomon and his disapproval of watching the Lahmu slaughter. It just feels really clunky when he appears at the end and suddenly dislikes what they're doing. Then there's Merlin. You'd think his death would have been giving the most emphasis in the episode, but they just sort of go through the motions.

Who is the director/main story writer and what's with all these poor decision-makings regarding the script? This was turning point of the singularity, where it goes full horror and they decided to blitz past it. If it were me, I'd have had Merlin's death, Tiamat surfacing and then the Lahmu's appearance be near the end of the episode and leave it on a cliffhanger.

It isn't fluffy enough, and it frankly isn't detailed enough.

It's either a generic filler image, or it's a vague impression of what they're gonna make the Beast Arthur's chasing after look like, or something along those lines.

Also, it looks nothing like a dog! That's a bloody deer!
    We know how the beast of revelation looks like though, they explain it in prototype fragments even if its not complete yet. It had several heads for one

- - - Updated - - -

As for where I'd end the episode, it would be on Gil revealing that Siduri had been kidnapped, then I'd end the next episode on the Lahmu's betrayal

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised so many people think the Lahmus were handled well. I think anime watchers have developed Stockholm syndrome regarding anime CG.

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I'm surprised so many people think the Lahmus were handled well. I think anime watchers have developed Stockholm syndrome regarding anime CG.
    I turn my brain off to the CG, same with Gorgon's PS2-tier shots in this episode. The brutality is what I thought was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    They're creepy otherwordly murder demons. They were made for CGI and all the 2D scenes where they twitch and bend along with their creepy voices disturbed me

- - - Updated - - -

Like if they were like the dead young in overlord3 I'd complain, but I can actually look at these freaky shits and understand why people would be terrified by them

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but the CG just doesn't look good enough.

If it was all 2D then they'd be otherworldly murder demons that don't look like shit.

- - - Updated - - -

They look like plastic toys.

I didn't have a problem with their animation.

I don't like their design though, and not even in a 'they're unsettling' way. I love weird eldritch abominations. But these just feels...i dunno...uninspired.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrelevant Passerby View Post
    The timing for the reveal that Ana's weapon could kill immortals makes it feel like an asspull when it really doesn't have to. Sprinkle in a hint or two about the weapon's qualities/identity after Gorgon's immortality was established and this later moment would feel much more natural.
    Kingu flat out stated her weapon can kill immortals back in episode 7.

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
    Kingu flat out stated her weapon can kill immortals back in episode 7.
    Did he? I had completely forgotten if that's the case.

Complaint retracted then.