Page 156 of 782 FirstFirst ... 56106146151154155156157158161166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    About a couple seconds of searching in the thread and some checking on Wikipedia reveals the Ulster cycle being set around 100 BC?

Which, with the idea that the AoG cutoff date = approx BC-AD transition, would kind of put Lancer in AoG. Barely.
    But again, his father was a god. You don't really have to worry about dates and cutoffs here. If gods were still walking around knocking chicks up when you were born, you're obviously from the Age of Gods.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    The Age of Gods was just an name for the current era is it not? It's something that describes what said era was like; I don't think it gives anyone born during it a significant boost in power(other than MR and magecraft), unless i'm completely wrong here.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVNB Backup View Post
    snip
    I'm not sure why you gave him A+ Magic resistance, it actually seems weaker than Saber's A rank considering he can still take damage from AoG magecraft. Apart from that I'm ok with it, he seems King Arthur/Hercules/Cu Chulainn tier which judging by his popularity would be roughly right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IhaxlikeNoob View Post
    The Age of Gods was just an name for the current era is it not? It's something that describes what said era was like; I don't think it gives anyone born during it a significant boost in power(other than MR and magecraft), unless i'm completely wrong here.
    In general, everybody was more or less better because divine spirits and mysteries were still intermingling with humanity. I mean, you know how a ton of people are probably distantly related to Genghis Khan? Well, the gods were way hornier than he ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    I'm not sure why you gave him A+ Magic resistance, it actually seems weaker than Saber's A rank considering he can still take damage from AoG magecraft. Apart from that I'm ok with it, he seems King Arthur/Hercules/Cu Chulainn tier which judging by his popularity would be roughly right.
    Point with the MR. I just read somewhere that Medea could hurt Saber with the Rain of Light spell, which Ali could tank with little trouble. And I think that Ali is more Apocrypha!Siegfried tier, actually. Not quite Arturia or Herc, but pretty close.

As for the Age of Gods thing, human souls were apparently "worth more" then than in the Age of Man and the modern era. Alaya has a finite stockpile of "soul" it can use to create more humans. It's the same reason that modern magi are sissies compared to AoG magi.

Blog Entries
    As for the Age of Gods thing, human souls were apparently "worth more" then than in the Age of Man and the modern era. Alaya has a finite stockpile of "soul" it can use to create more humans. It's the same reason that modern magi are sissies compared to AoG magi.
    u wot m8

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Point with the MR. I just read somewhere that Medea could hurt Saber with the Rain of Light spell, which Ali could tank with little trouble. And I think that Ali is more Apocrypha!Siegfried tier, actually. Not quite Arturia or Herc, but pretty close.
    Well considering Saber was running through Caster's spells with no fear and Medea was going wtf is going on, I'd say wherever you read that is wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Dunno, wasn't Zulfiqar so hardcore that it almost cracked the earth if Gabriel didn't personally intervene one time?
    Depends. Not really familiar with the subject but IIRC Shiite and Sunni has different views on it; the former believes it's some sort of holy sword of awesome, while the latter considers it...a sword. A better than average one, but no mystical properties.

Though I dunno if this is just some weird mixup of "messenger of Allah giving a sword" meaning "Mohammed giving Ali the sword" and not "Angel gives Ali the sword" so yeah.
    Me thinks it's the first. Then again, I might be confusing it with Khalid ibn al-Walid's - sword broke during battle, asks if the Prophet could gift him a better weapon, gets a wooden stick that permanently transforms into a sword once he swung it to an opponent (before someone gets confused, the sword is not Sword of Allah. That title was given to the person)

Zulfiqar's not the Prophet's only sword, though, if the collections I saw on TV was any indication.

Quick! Someone give me a fairytale to base my next Servant on! I need to get into the swing of things again.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Quote Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
    Sinbad. Theseus. Rama.
    Hmm....

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

What is the cut-off date for conventional Heroic Spirits?
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobyahs

Dog in a Sack. Best Noble Phantasm ever.

- - - Updated - - -

^ 20th century. So about 1900 generally. Jackie was 1888 so it seems to be about right. You could probably maybe get a little further along, but by the time the Great War starts it is all done and dusted, sonny jim.

Possibly the most nerfed Rider possible.

Servant: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    True name: Doctor…Who?

(Image the Property of Lenono)

Parameters
    :

Strength: E
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Magic: C
    Luck: A

Class skills:

Riding: (Rank, A) He has had experience in riding multiple vehicle and beast in his life. Although most of his rank comes from his expertise in his complex and preferred mode of transportation.

Magic Resistance
    : (Rank, C) His inhuman physiology guarantees resistance to elements and powers beyond what most Magus of the modern era can perform.

Personal skills:

Time Lord Physiology: (Rank EX) Rider belongs to a species of sentient life beyond human comprehension and as such his physiology is beyond them. His chest beats with two hearts, he can access a mind with a touch, he can feel the Earth as it turns and hurtles through space.

Knowledge of Space and Time: (Rank A) He has unequaled and unparalleled knowledge and experience of both time and space, experiencing things in far off times and stars unseen by Earth.

Eye of the Mind (True): (Rank A) Having faced a number of… to put it plainly odd and extreme foes and events Rider can see even the most unlikely of victories.

Charisma: (Rank B) For some reason people cannot help but like and believe in this strange man.

Noble Phantasm:

Regeneration: (support, A+) Rider can die and return a total of twelve times, each with a different face and personality. All cunning and VERY dangerous.

Sonic Screwdriver: (Multi-purpose, B) The universes greatest multi-tool. The full list of functions are only known to its wielder.

TARDIS: (Rank: EX) A living ship disguised as a 1950s British police box that has the ability to tamper and use multiple forms of the True Magics, most notably the abilities to tamper and utilize the powers of Time and Space. It is a territory all its own, known to have held of invasion of armies such the liked of Genghis Khan and a genocidal race known as the Dalek.
    Last edited by TheDivineDemon; October 29th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.

Seika's gonna get on your case when she finds this. :X
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Blog Entries
    I rather doubt that.

I doubt YOUR doubt, from what i've gathered during my short time here Seika's a stickler for canon details. Any Servant that really can't be a HS per Nasu rules isn't approved by her.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Blog Entries
    Well, have fun being wrong then. She may not care for fictional characters being made into Servants but I don't expect she'll get on anyone's case. Fictional character Servants are never in any way, shape or form going to be confused for canon, so there's no reason for anyone to care about inconsistencies with canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Well, have fun being wrong then. She may not care for fictional characters being made into Servants but I don't expect she'll get on anyone's case. Fictional character Servants are never in any way, shape or form going to be confused for canon, so there's no reason for anyone to care about inconsistencies with canon.
    Whether Seika's goes off or not doesn't really matter, I just posted my observations.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Major problem with this profile is that according to Canon, the Doctor just can't qualify for the Throne of Heroes. On the sheet itself though, mechanically speaking, everything looks alright, but there's just something about it that is off...

Not quite sure yet though.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10