Page 149 of 858 FirstFirst ... 4999139144147148149150151154159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcoene View Post
    Even if you say that, a villain that is primarily motivated by their rage against those who unjustly betrayed them shouldn't be constantly grinning, laughing and obviously taking their time enjoying killing each person they slay.
    Insert The Killing Joke reference here.

Also, I wasn't trying to justify her or paint her as sympathetic. I was merely pointing out that her portrayal is not utterly nonsensical.

Additionally, do note that
    the speculation for the Black King's identity at this point is either Jesus or Moses, which should tell you something about the liberties Hirano takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ほうれん草 View Post
    STOP SHOOTING EACH OTHER YOU FUCKERS

I'm trying to watch anime FFS

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desuclocker View Post
    Insert The Killing Joke reference here.

Also, I wasn't trying to justify her or paint her as sympathetic. I was merely pointing out that her portrayal is not utterly nonsensical.

Additionally, do note that
    the speculation for the Black King's identity at this point is either Jesus or Moses, which should tell you something about the liberties Hirano takes.
    To me, there's still plenty of part that don't make sense, but let's just drop this subject of discussion. I don't want to cluter this thread with an unrelated topic any longer.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 16th, 2016 at 01:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Just pointing out that Jeanne was so edgy irl she broke her sword before La Pucelle by smacking a prostitute with it.
    Because I love that factoid

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Just pointing out that Jeanne was so edgy irl she broke her sword before La Pucelle by smacking a prostitute with it.
    Hah?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    That seem like a really dumb thing to do. I mean, she could have used a stick or something.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 16th, 2016 at 03:08 PM.

Must not have been a very good sword tbh

Blog Entries
    It was the sword of five crosses, found on St. Catherine's Church of Fierbois. Supposedly, it once belonged to Charles Martel

Incidentally, said sword exist in the Nasuverse and is the blade Ruler uses as a catalyst for La Pucelle's activation.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    According to the wiki, it's a skill that increases one's chances to be targeted by the enemy. I'd quote it directly but I'm on mobile so just look it up here yourself: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Skill

of course the wiki isn't an excellent source but I'm pretty sure it is right about that.
    It's the plz no bully skill. I believe Lip's the only person with it so far? It makes everyone be mean to her, even relatively easygoing people like Robin.

OFC, it becomes a target me ability in battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Speaking of Jeanne, again,

To my knowledge, she was pretty bossy, somewhat impatient, had a bad temper, and wasn't very tolerant of a lot of things that supposedly went against God. Prostitutes were one of these. Especially when they wandered around camp and went to and fro offering services to the men, messing up all her efforts in trying so hard to keep them closer to God (read: from doing common soldiering things regardless of faith). With the English not being driven out fast enough, the commanders treating her like a child, and, you know, by just having a bad temper in general, she couldn't not be frustrated a great deal of the time. She was a normal person, and normal people do stupid things.

In her case, somewhere along the line in her anger she began slapping prostitutes around with her sword (of which she had several) until it eventually broke. How many prostitutes did she beat? At least two, maybe more. I don't know if it was the same one she received from Fierbois, but, it might have been, considering that it just snapped in half (meaning it was really really old. Or badly constructed, which I doubt). What I can guess is that she must have been hitting them pretty hard, regardless of the sword's condition.

One fabrication is that she beheaded them with the sword. The only beheading I know of is one she ordered on an English commander because he a particularly nasty bastard.
    Last edited by Historia; December 16th, 2016 at 04:01 PM.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    *idea*

Wait, so, heroes who were said to 'ascend to godhood' at the end of their legends are still on the Throne of Heroes, right?

Since Herc was said to end up a God when he died, and he got summoned.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    *idea*

Wait, so, heroes who were said to 'ascend to godhood' at the end of their legends are still on the Throne of Heroes, right?

Since Herc was said to end up a God when he died, and he got summoned.
    Yeah, you're fine with anything other than full blown Gods who've never been human in their life really. Even avatars of Gods who were born as human are applicable (Rama) and Gods that had their status taken.

Blog Entries

Source:
    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=50188536
    Class: Archer
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Origin: Historical
    Region: America

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: D
    Mana: E
    Luck: C
    NP: C

Height/Weight: 177cm/81kg
    Likes: America, making money, heroin, being the center of attention
    Dislikes: Heroin, losing money, being homesick
    Talents: Organization
    Natural enemy: Dewey
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: Human, Male
    Armament: One fine-ass Gucci suit, menacing scowl, various small arms

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (E)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    At this rank, Archer cannot cancel spells, but damage from magic is somewhat reduced. Because of Archer’s comparatively late birth as well as never possessing anything to affect his already nonexistent base resistant to the magical arts, Archer has the lowest possible rank in this skill.

Independent Action: (A)
    Independent Action is the ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can not supply Magical Energy due to injury. The downside is that they can be harder to control and keep by their side, making the only true way to command them by utilizing Command Spells
    It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary.

Personal Skills:

Racketeer: (A)
    A variant of the Guardian Knight skill, Racketeer is possessed by those who perfected the art of extortion and used it throughout their life. The act of offering a shady service to fix a problem that otherwise wouldn’t have existed without the enterprise or individual offering said service. The Servant will gain a similar boost in defense while defending someone, but only if the Servant placed them in that disadvantageous position in the first place. This skill by necessity also includes Subversive Activities of the same rank.
    At this rank, Archer is a highly skilled racketeer. Capable of initiating the racket based on minimal need for protection, Archer can maintain a disproportionately larger defense boon for a slightly longer period of time. As the racket requires more participation on the victim’s part than Guardian Knight, it’s far more versatile a skill than orthodox protection. Also, because of the nature of the racket, should the victim wise up and decide to attack Archer for being a sneaky son of a bitch, he won’t lose Racketeer’s bonus until he withdraws his [protection].

Battle Continuation: (C)
    Battle Continuation is the strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated. It is one of the powers of a vampire.
    In the 1920s, just before the public declaration of the Castellammarese War--a war between Joe “The Boss” Masseria (Archer’s own boss at the time) and Salvatore Maranzano, Archer was “taken for a ride” by three men he didn’t know. In mob parlance, these kinds of occurrences had a 0% survivability rate. Archer was beaten savagely about the head and all over his body, and actually had his throat slit before he was dumped near the water on Staten Island and left for dead. While only the most famous and intimate case of assassination against Archer, it left him partially disfigured in the face and more famous than ever.

Charisma: (E++)
    Charisma is the natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. A rare talent, and an ability inherent to Servants of the Saver class. It is said that a rank of B in this skill is sufficient to lead a nation as its King.
    Leadership skills increase, but the morale of troops decreases over time. Charisma is a rare talent, but in rare cases, there are things that can affect the personality development of the owner. In the case of Archer, this resulted in the creation of a Boss of Bosses. Equal parts charisma and fear, Archer is capable of making friends quickly, but they have a tendency not to last or begin conspiring against him after enough time.

Noble Phantasm

The Commission
    An Offer Ye Can’t Refuse
    Type: Contract
    Range: 10
    Max Target: 1-7

The Commission is the governing body of the American Mafia, formed in 1931, Archer’s brainchild. The Commission replaced the "Boss of all Bosses" title with a ruling committee consisting of the New York Five Families bosses and the boss of the Chicago Outfit and Buffalo family. Before the Commission was formed, the American Mafia crime families were under control of one man known as the capo di tutti capi. This man held great power over all their bosses, leading to disputes and wars. In 1929, two New York Mafia bosses, Joe "The Boss" Masseria and Salvatore Maranzano, fought over the title in the Castellammarese War. Masseria was murdered on April 15, 1931, allowing Maranzano to assume the title of capo di tutti capi. Maranzano began to divide all the national criminal gangs into several crime families. Archer and his allies decided that Maranzano would be removed, and he was murdered on September 10, 1931.

The Commission held the power of approving a new boss before he could take over officially. The New York Five Families also decided that the names of all new proposed members must be approved by the other families. After the new proposed member is approved by the other families, he could become a made man. In essence, what the stereotypical hierarchy of the mob that persists to this day. The Commission also allowed for the entrance of Jewish and Irish gangsters into the ranks of the previously xenophobic Sicilian Mafia.

Archer is able to form separate, different contracts than the one he holds with his Master with up to six other people. As the Commission was designed to represent each of the five families (and the Chicago Outfit) equally, Archer’s Noble Phantasm version embodies the same concept. After forming the contracts, a collective pool of power is formed. This pool can be then be tapped into by Archer, evening out the parameters of all those involved--almost assuredly giving him a boost to his poor stats.

Since the Commission’s sole purpose was to take power away from the autocratic individual and divide it among the many, the other members of Archer’s new Commission can make equal use of Archer’s “power” as well, in the form of his skills and a splice of his parameters. Say for instance that the Commission is made up of six regular non-magi, whose “stats” would equal about E across the board. While Archer might not end up much stronger from this arrangement, he won’t be any weaker either. The affected members will then be able to access Archer’s set of skills (although Archer is by no means obligated to tell them how to do so, per se).

Now, if Archer included a magus or a Servant or two among the Commission’s influence, things would be quite a bit different. If he struck a deal with a Knight Class, it can be assumed that his stats will almost always increase as a result, while the allied Servant’s might decrease in order to form the balance. As with the non-magi arrangement, Archer’s comrades can freely use his skills. Skills that upon finding overlap, if an ally Servant also possessed Charisma, as an example, then it would gain a decided boost. It should be noted also that while the Commissioners are using Archer’s skills, he can still access them normally. While the Commission might not seem beneficial if there aren’t any magical allies to be had, Archer’s status as the original and first Chairman of the board entitles him to a consistent increase no matter who he’s joined up with. Pay up to the boss, so to speak.

Murder Incorporated
    Let’s Go For a Ride

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range
    Max Target

Murder, Inc. was the name the press gave to organized crime groups in the 1930s to the 1940s that acted as the "enforcement arm" of the National Crime Syndicate. The groups were composed of largely Italian-American and Jewish gangsters from the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Brownsville, East New York, and Ocean Hill. Originally headed by Louis "Lepke" Buchalter, and later by Albert "The Mad Hatter" Anastasia, Murder, Inc. was believed to be responsible for between 400 and 1,000 contract killings, until the group was exposed in the early 1940s by a former group member Abe "Kid Twist" Reles. In the trials that followed, many members were convicted and executed, and Abe Reles himself died after "falling out of a window".

Like the Commission, Murder Incorporated isn’t something that explicitly belongs to Archer, even though it was his brainchild at the suggestion of Meyer Lansky. Activating it, Murder Incorporated takes the form of Archer’s right arm, as the real Murder Incorporated was considered to symbolize for the actual mob. Bulging with extra muscle and covering his entire arm in thick tattoos, it isn’t a Noble Phantasm that can be employed secretly.

It embodies the concept of [distance from the Boss] and combines it with that of [anything can be a murder weapon]. Archer channels a form of telekinesis and technomancy through his right arm, allowing him to independently control anything that could be considered a murder weapon, imbuing it with magical energy and allowing it to attack fellow Servants. If Archer saw an ice pick handy within his range, he could whip it forward with Murder Incorporated towards the enemy at high speeds. While the [speed] will scale to match the encroaching Servant if there isn’t an obvious or plot-related weakness to exploit, the power will not be affected so much. Firearms will not be affected at all aside from gaining a magical attribute.

Speaking of firearms, Archer is able to manipulate up to five firearms at once (one trigger for each finger on his hand). Technically he can only manipulate up to five objects period, but throwing one with Gate of Babylon force will remove it from his accessible range, quickly moving on procure another. While firearms, knives, blunt objects, and other “mob” weapons are Archer’s forte, he can also manipulate stranger murder weapons so long as he knows the case of the murder inside and out, and he can see it, (i.e. a car). Murder Incorporated can also possess weapon Noble Phantasms if they are of equal or lesser rank than Archer’s own, and “pre” activation. The final effect of Murder Incorporated works in tandem in the Commission, giving Archer one additional “node” of telekinetic influence per person involved in the Commission.

Lore

Lucky Luciano, without doubt the most important Italian-American gangster this country ever produced, left a far greater impact on the underworld than even the illustrious Al Capone. In 1931, Luciano created what can be balled the American Mafia by wiping out the last important exponents of the Sicilian style Mafia in America. Together with Meyer Lansky, Luciano was also a founder of the Mafia’s “parent” organization, the National Crime Syndicate, a network of multi-ethnic criminal gangs that has ruled organized crime for more than half a century, a criminal cartel which has bled Americans of incalculable billions over the years.
    Luciano was born Salvatore Luciana near Polermo in Sicily (1897) and was brought to America in 1906. In 1907, he was logged for his first arrest for shoplifting. During the same year, he started his first racket. For a penny or two a day, Luciano offered younger and smaller Jewish kids for personal protection against beatings on the way to school; if they didn’t pay, he beat them up himself. One of these kids was Meyer Lansky, fresh from Poland, who surprised Lucky when he fought back ferociously. From then on the two became bosom buddies, a relationship that would continue long after Luciano was deported back to Italy.

By 1916, Luciano was a leading member of the Five Points Gang and named by police as a prime suspect in a number of murders. His notoriety grew through his teen years, as did his circle of underworld friends. By 1920, Luciano was a power in the bootlegging rackets (in cooperation with Lansky and Bugsy Siegel) and had become familiar with Joe Adonis, Vito Genovese, and most important among Italian gangsters; Frank Costello.

Luciano was amazed by the old-line mafiosi who counseled him to stay away from Costello, the “dirty Calabrian.” But Costello led Luciano astray--by ritual mafioso standards--by introducing him to other ethnic gangsters like Big Bill Dwyer and Jews like Arnold Rothstein (who Lucky will call “teach” if asked about), Dutch Schultz and Dandy Phil Kastel. Luciano was much impressed by the way Costello bought protection from city officials and the police, which Lansky had already been telling Luciano was the most important ingredient in any big-time criminal setup.This made sense to Lucky, who said fuck the old men keeping the youth down.

Although he maintained separate ties with Lansky, Luciano by the late 1920s had become the chief aide in the largest Mafia family in the city, that belonging to Giuseppe “Joe the Boss” Masseria. Luciano had nothing but contempt for Joe the Boss’s Old World ways, with its mumbo-jumbo of the Sicilian Mafia that stressed “respect” and “honor” for the boss and distrust and hatred of all non-Sicilians. In Luciano’s opinion, Masseria’s prejudice against other gangsters, Sicilian as well as non-Sicilian, created an unconscionable obstacle to making real profits. In 1928 the Castellammarse War erupted between the numerous forces of Joe the Boss and those rising mafioso Salvatore Maranzano. Over the next two years, dozens of gangsters were killed. Luciano avoided the conflict as much as possible and instead cemented relationships with the young second-line leadership in the Maranzano outfit. It soon became clear that young mobsters in both camps were waiting for one boss to kill off the other. Then the second line could dethrone the remaining boss.

Eventually, Lucky convinced Joe the Boss to attend a dinner party where he was shot to death. As a show of gratitude over a supposed act of sabotage, Maranzano made Lucky his number two. Maranzano had dreams of achieving the Boss of All Bosses status by killing off Al Capone and Lucky himself, but Lucky got to him first. A few guys from Murder, Inc. posing as security guards entered Maranzano’s office building and killed him quickly. With the death of Maranzano, Luciano became the dominant organized crime boss in the United States. He had reached the pinnacle of America's underworld, directing criminal rules, policies, and activities along with the other family bosses. Luciano also had his own crime family, which controlled lucrative criminal rackets in New York City such as illegal gambling, bookmaking, loan-sharking, drug trafficking, and extortion. Luciano became very influential in labor and union activities and controlled the Manhattan Waterfront, garbage hauling, construction, Garment Center businesses, and trucking.

Luciano abolished Maranzano's title of capo di tutti i capi or "boss of all bosses". Luciano felt that the position created trouble between the families and made himself a target for another ambitious challenger. Instead, Luciano chose to quietly maintain control through the Commission by forging unofficial alliances with other family bosses.

It was at this point in the early 1930s that Special Prosecutor Thomas Dewey realized he could finally put Lucky in jail for a charge of pandering (basically being a pimp) in a huge prostitution ring. While not totally untrue, Lucky didn’t have the stuff to fight Dewey in court, and away to jail he goes. Continuing to run the Commission from jail, Lucky enjoyed a posh existence until the start of World War II. During which, the US Government approached Lucky about using the mob to fight threats both at home and abroad. Lucky, being the hardline patriot he is said “Fuck you guys, you put me in jail” but eventually he relented, promising to keep the New York docks safe from German invasion. But Lucky wasn’t done serving his country. He also made all Sicilian bosses aware that the Chairmen told those sons of bitches to help the GIs any way they could. Lucky’s involvement was directly responsible for America taking control of the island during the invasion of Italy, and was celebrated as a minor war hero both by the goon squad and the Feds.

Using his clandestine war record as means for a parole hearing, Lucky was able to whittle his sentence down to nothing on the condition he be deported back to Italy. This harshed Lucky’s mellow majorly; America was his home, he loved New York more than anything. During this time, Lucky’s favorite place to hang out was the California, a restaurant in Naples where Lucky could hang out with American tourists and sign autographs.

Eventually, Lucky was all “‘kay Italy fucking sucks I wanna go back to New York”, and the first step in this plan was hopping over to Cuba for the infamous Havana Conference. Bugsy Siegel had been convicted of skimming too much off the top during the construction of the Flamingo casino in Las Vegas, and it was decided he had to go. Just as the meeting was starting, Cuban officials learned Lucky was staying in Cuba right under their noses, and shipped his ass back to Italy. Lucky would die years later in Naples on his way to the airport.

Personality

Archer is your quintessential New Yorker first, and New York mobster second. Usually soft-spoken, Archer is known to be loud and gregarious when the time called for it. Fond of telling stories--especially about himself--that were more often than not less than true, Archer loves to be Charles “Lucky” Luciano. The status that name brought alone, he reveled in.

His wish for the grail is to see New York one more time, allegedly pleading for “a week, even a day” back in the City during one of his prison interrogations.

Tactics

Pray you have enough friends for him to turn into goons with the Commission. Take him to the library to learn all the really weird cases of murder, kill some hoes.

-------------
    My Lore section gets bigger every time I do this.
    Most likely the last one before Christmas, might drunk-ify the Lore if I feel like it.
    Last edited by Ail Don; December 17th, 2016 at 03:12 AM.

Ail: First of all, I totally called that the mafia guy you were going to do was Lucky Luciano, and I'm a little proud of that, even though he's really not that obscure and is like the second most famous American mobster. In any case, the sheet is pretty cool. I like the "variant" versions of Guardian Knight and Charisma, but am slightly annoyed because they were similar to what I was going to do for Capone, only more interesting, so I'll have to rework my own stuff somewhat. Regarding Noble Phantasms, the commission is the more interesting and better of the two imo, but the other one is alright as well. I like the visual of it literally manifesting as his arm, rather than just being "a thing he can do."

Lore section was pretty huge, but well done. I don't think I have the patience to write out anything nearly that long for that section.
    Last edited by 4score7years; December 16th, 2016 at 09:38 PM.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    @Lucky
    Niiiiiice. The NPs are great flavor, but I think that instead of Murder Inc being the whole arm, it should be just the hand.

its the Hand of the Boss that kills them, ya know?

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very fun servant.

The visual of this Sleek mafioso with this one huge ripped arm is just so goofy.

- - - Updated - - -

I can only imagine all the masturbation jokes.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Why the Star attribute, though?

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all the kind words, my dudes. Definitely had a lot of fun making probably my favorite mafioso.
    Still looking forward to Capone tho, pls don't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Why the Star attribute, though?
    I always assumed Star was the "protagonist" attribute, one I can imagine him believing himself to have. Might not be the case in reality, I'll look into changing it.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I always assumed Star was the "protagonist" attribute,
    Why even put things on these characters you're making up when you don't even know what they are?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    so others don't steal
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Why even put things on these characters you're making up when you don't even know what they are?
    Fanfic is fanfic is fanfic
    Wew who gives a shit