Page 5 of 302 FirstFirst ... 34567101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Has fraggle's Fate/Night Sky been recommended here yet?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Has fraggle's Fate/Night Sky been recommended here yet?
    IIRC, no... +1 from me in rec-ing it then.

Summary: MGLN + FSN crossover. Shirou becomes the next master of Book of Darkness. Expect good humour and (eventual) tragedy & clusterfrak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Blog Entries
    Title: The World Without
    Author: Lunaludus Scribex
    Genre: General
    Summary: Tiger Dojo 1 AU/continuation. One refusal does not end the story...nor one casualty, the battles. Even without Emiya Shirou, the Grail War goes on. -IN PROGRESS-
    Pairings: Sakura/Saber, Sakura/Archer
    Link: The World Without
    Warnings: Yuri, and Shirou is D-E-A-D

Also +1 to Remember

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    +1 to World Without.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Because if someone is going to do it, it might as well be the retarded penguin.

The Hill of Swords by Gabriel Blessing
    Shirou as the titular character of Familiar of Zero. While taking liberties with Shirou's character and the mechanics of the nasuverse, it's still a very fun story. Shirou and those around him grow as characters, develop strong bonds, and get to be pretty badass. Completed.

In Flight by Gabriel Blessing
    UBWgood!Shirou as the main character of Sekrei. Shirou discovers his birth parents, then builds a harem of aliens as a result. The story starts out fairly strong; the interaction between a grown son and newly discovered family held a great deal of promise. Unfortunately the author made the cast too big and tossed in far too much exposition and harem antics. Shirou's characterization is also more in line with Hill of Swords' Shirou rather than the Shirou from UBW he is supposed to be. Despite that, some of the relationship dynamics in the story are fairly interesting and Gabriel Blessing can write fantastic fight scenes. Love it or hate it; this story is undeniably popular. Worth checking out and drawing your own conclusion on. Ongoing.

Debt of a Sword by Gabriel Blessing
    Shirou inserted into Sekrei. Focuses on Miya, her late husband, and Shirou with the other characters and events of Sekrei in the background. The character interactions are the big appeal. It's a pretty rewarding read and has been heralded as "What In Flight should have been" by some on this forum. Completed

There's a whole thread dedicated to discussing his works on this forum, so there is obviously an interest in them. Not including them and the hundreds of down votes on the recommended fics sticky doesn't really seem right.

The War of Kings by Pale Wolf
    A Code Geass and Fate fusion. Behind the scenes of the Black Rebellion another war is being fought between magi. A pretty well thought out cross between the two franchises. The story is mostly focused on the characters of Code Geass, it being 1963 and all, but almost all of the servants are familiar faces. Including everyone's favorite suicidal time travel EMIYA! Notably absent is C.C., though there is a good in story reason for it. Servants v Mechs, crazy plans, and snarky characters abound! Ongoing.
    Warnings: OCs, long update times, Zouken.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Oooh, oooh - plus +1 upvotes for War of Kings and Hill of Swords, and a -1 downvote for In Flight because slice-of-life overdrive and too many sekireis in the flock killed any interest I had in it.

Rec time.

Title: Postnuptial Disagreements

Author:
    Zalgo Jenkins

Summary:
    Years after AU 4th Grail War the son of Archibald El-Melloi finds himself embroiled in a supernatural tournament fought between aliens and their handlers. His boundless pride as a magus compels him to show these backwater natives the true meaning of competition. Especially beloved because of the hilarious POV narration and the usage of a "conventionally minded" magus as protagonist. Nasuverse/Sekirei crossover.

Pairing(s):
    Merriwether El-Melloi x Benitsubasa

Link:
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8078340/...-Disagreements
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; November 26th, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Ooh, I need to get in on this. Let's see...

+1 for Lunatique, Chaos Theory, Maybe I'm a Lion, That Ever Illusive Utopia, Dear Tohsaka (and it's sequels), everything Arashi has ever written that's on there, I Put On My Robe And Wizard Hat, Njeri, Eureka, Fletching, The Hound and The Blacksmith, Remember, The World Without, Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days, Hill of Swords, and of course, Of Leaves and Lilac, my favourite Akiha yuri fic (also my only Akiha yuri fic).

I'd downvote some of the others, but I have to confess that I haven't read most of them, and so can't really criticise them with a clean conscience.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Oh man I can't believe I forgot Postnuptial.

Anyways, since I did say we should justify antirecs, here's mine:
    In Flight started off with a potentially interesting premise that quickly got bogged down by MASSIVE WALLS OF TEXT, glacial pace, ham-fisted Nasu infodumps and while I don't mind Slice of Life it wasn't even interesting. (This, incidentally, I believe stems from an attempt to do anime-style shenanigans which simply don't translate into a written medium) Too much telling and not enough showing.
    And Shirou also doesn't feel very Shirou, and the massive cast means few are properly developed.
    The worst part is that, for all the lip service it pays to Nasuverse, it's not very original in its usage (the enemy magi are basically copypasted characters with the names filed off) and feels like it misses the "spirit" of Nasu. It's the difference between, say, Shared Resonance, Beyond Emptiness or Maybe I'm a Lion, which have a distinctly "Nasu" feel even though they don't spend pages explaining how this and that work in Nasu.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm. I wonder if maybe I should split the index into Fate/Tsuki/KnK/etc once it grows big enough...
    Last edited by Kyte; November 26th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    This seems interesting. I'll try it out.

EDITED DUE TO KYTEWHINING

I give +1 upvote to everything rec'd before since I enjoyed all of them, except In Flight. That gets a -1 downvote since it's such a waste of time, literally.

Here's my Rec.

Title: Nerve Damage

Author: CrossyCross

Summary: Shirou converts his nerves into makeshift magic circuits everytime he needs to use magic. A human body has millions of nerves. A magus has on average twenty circuits...maybe he's on to something there...

MY SUMMARY: In the basic gist, Shirou is a literal Prana Factory due to his Nerves also becoming Circuits and him somehow surviving the process, uses Word Magic that can solidified and used as a weapon, mostly in the form of swords, BREAKS HEAVEN'S FEEL BY SUMMONING FOUR SABERS- Saber, Saber Lily, Saber Alter, Red Saber/Nero. Then, we have a major changes happening. Like Waver becoming a Master again. I don't want to spoil the rest because it really is quite a ride so far. NOW GO AND READ IT YOU BLOODY IGNORANTS

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8535914/1/Nerve-Damage

It's a Shirou that has Magic Word Swords.

Word. Swords.
    Last edited by ZidanReign; November 26th, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    This seems interesting. I'll try it out.

I give +1 to everything except In Flight. That gets a -1.
    Wut.

Here's my Rec.

Title: Nerve Damage

Author: CrossyCross

Summary: Shirou converts his nerves into makeshift magic circuits everytime he needs to use magic. A human body has millions of nerves. A magus has on average twenty circuits...maybe he's on to something there...

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8535914/1/Nerve-Damage

It's a Shirou that has Magic Word Swords.

Word. Swords.
    You're really not getting into the spirit of things. This is meant to help people discover good fics and why they should read one or another. Please try to make the effort to make a compelling summary?

BTW, dunno if people have noticed but I've been trimming the summaries in the index so they are two or three lines (on my screen). I think I need to work some more on that but just fyi I'd appreciate something relatively short. Just for reference, two lines in my screen is about the length of this little paragraph. Padding padding padding padding.
    Last edited by Kyte; November 26th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    God, fine you prissy little poodle.

Geez, I'll edit my post. THEN you can find out more of the fic. I'm sorry I haven't slept at all.

EDIT: There ya happy now?

Geez Louise.
    Last edited by ZidanReign; November 26th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I'm busting my ass off to lower the overall terribleness levels, I have the right to demand some effort from others. :V

Blog Entries
    Alright then, gimme a kiss and I might forgive you

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Oh Right, almost forgot. +1 to Postnuptial Disagreements

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Don't blame other people for the authors summary, Kyte.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Alright then, gimme a kiss and I might forgive you
    I'm still unwilling to believe you've read each and every one of the fics in the index.

Oh, and go to sleep. :V

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Don't blame other people for the authors summary, Kyte.
    Well if the author's summary sucks then it's your job to sell the story, not mine. :V

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I'm still unwilling to believe you've read each and every one of the fics in the index.

Oh, and go to sleep. :V
    I spend HOURS on fanfiction.net Kyte.

I have an addiction to fanfiction. No matter how cheesy that rhymes. They were all fine in my opinion towards Fanfiction in the Nasuverse. Being fine earns them a +1. I'm not looking for something fantastic.

Also, Noh I will not sleep. I got College Class in about an hour and 30 Minutes D:

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I spend HOURS on fanfiction.net Kyte.

I have an addiction to fanfiction. No matter how cheesy that rhymes. They were all fine in my opinion towards Fanfiction in the Nasuverse. Being fine earns them a +1. I'm not looking for something fantastic.

Also, Noh I will not sleep. I got College Class in about an hour and 30 Minutes D:
    GO TO SCHOOL BOY.
    But really, all of them? Each and every one? For real?

Blog Entries
    God do I need to take a test or some shit? Cause I tell ya I won't pass it. I remember bits and pieces from each one, but I definitely mark them as fine in my book. Ones below fine are just, ehh... Like for instance the Fics from the list that involve an OC as the main character like Njeri. it's ehh... but it's better than absolute shit amirite?

I LIVE LIKE 10 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, DON'T RUSH ME.

I read too fast. Maybe it's due to my ADHD?
    Last edited by ZidanReign; November 26th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Njeri's main character isn't an OC-

Oh.

OH.

...point made. >:3