Page 238 of 302 FirstFirst ... 138188228233236237238239240243248288 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    There used to be a confession?

Yeah, the chapter's better without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Glorious
    Much Sad
    Shi/Dia

Wow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    It was pretty much universally agreed that the confession was a bit overdone in raising death flags.
    Who did Itagaki confess to?
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    Who did Itagaki confess to?
    Apparently she originally confessed to Hexi, but the author cut it for being too overdone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Apparently she originally confessed to Hexi, but the author cut it for being too overdone.
    Should have left it in. Fanfiction is supposed to be a little overdramatic.

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

It was bad. Especially the whole "Set up death flag and immediately die" thing. It wouldn't have been quite as bad if she'd confessed earlier in the chapter, but as it was, it was too much. I'm glad he changed it.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    ayup. thought it was too 'unsynced', so too speak, with the rest of the chapter.

I also noticed that he changed the scene where Zolgen reveals himself. No more 'Ask Three times' shit.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    There were complaints that OS and Ita weren't genre savvy after all.

This version is much better over all.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Might be a bit early, but +1 to Fight/Knight by Tobias.

A Fate AU revolving around boxing where the Grail Wars are tournaments, the Servants are boxers, and the Masters are managers. Shirou is the manager of the debt-ridden Emiya Gym, and Saber is a boxer fighting for her lost honor. Together, they stake everything on winning the no-rules King of Boxers tournament.

It's an entertaining story. Not too serious, a bit cheesy at times, but it's the good kind of cheesy. Plus the writing is quite well-done, the characters are still all in-character despite the lack of magical elements, the fights are great*, and it's just overall fun to read.

*I know nothing about boxing, so I can't judge on realism
    Last edited by Kirby; March 18th, 2014 at 05:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Might be a bit early, but +1 to Fight/Knight by Tobias.

A Fate AU revolving around boxing where the Grail Wars are tournaments, the Servants are boxers, and the Masters are managers. Shirou is the manager of the debt-ridden Emiya Gym, and Saber is a boxer fighting for her lost honor. Together, they stake everything on winning the no-rules King of Boxers tournament.

It's an entertaining story. Not too serious, a bit cheesy at times, but it's the good kind of cheesy. Plus the writing is quite well-done, the characters are still all in-character despite the lack of magical elements, the fights are great*, and it's just overall fun to read.

*I know nothing about boxing, so I can't judge on realism
    Tobias doesn't always write. But when he does, he writes some of the most interesting fics in the world.

And probably I'm not even exagerating one bit, when the guy writes, he writes.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

*blinks*

*goes to ff.net and attaches description to story, as it was better then his own*
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Into the Rain has a dead link for FF.net, here's the BL link: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Into-The-Rain
    I only post at 1:00... In 24 hour time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikigod784 View Post
    The Blue NTRs various harem protagonists before their harems are created, creating a inverted-shota-harem with broken stats that she steals from their future canon selves. No regrets, this is the only path.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Ad Astra, by violetarcher

"It's the first day of the rest of her life with the King of Heroes." Immediately post CCC, Gilgamesh route. Gilgamesh affirms to be Hakuno's sword in a final oath, Hakuno sees right through Gilgamesh's tsun act, and not much else happens. Slice of life.

It has what may be the best Gilgamesh I've ever read on fanfiction.net. A little internal monologue heavy, set from Hakuno's perspective, but is short, sweet, and my personal headcanon for Gilgamesh's after route.

Blog Entries
    It also has the distinction of possibly being the only CCC fic in existence to realize that actual romance with Gilgamesh isn't happening.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It also has the distinction of possibly being the only CCC fic in existence to realize that actual romance with Gilgamesh isn't happening.
    what?

so where does it go then?

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

Blog Entries
    Bullying. The true core of the Gilgamesh-Hakuno relationship.

But seriously it's 4300 words. Reading it is probably faster than asking about it and waiting for a reply.
    Last edited by Siriel; March 25th, 2014 at 02:53 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Reshuffle by Zalgo Jenkins

Shinji (our protagonist) is the elder, magically gifted son of Tokiomi Tohsaka. But not quite as gifted as his little sister Sakura. So his father pawned him off on Zouken Matou, who'd been stuck with no heir but his talentless granddaughter Rin. Worms ensued. Or in other words, Rin and Shinji swap places and then Shinji becomes Sakura. And then the Holy Grail War happens. Only one chapter in, but the variant sibling relationships make this interesting, as does Shinji in the Sakura role, still something of a dick like his canon self but considerably more proactive than Sakura was in his own destiny (and considerably less impressed with Emiya Shirou).
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Reshuffle by Zalgo Jenkins

Shinji (our protagonist) is the elder, magically gifted son of Tokiomi Tohsaka. But not quite as gifted as his little sister Sakura. So his father pawned him off on Zouken Matou, who'd been stuck with no heir but his talentless granddaughter Rin. Worms ensued. Or in other words, Rin and Shinji swap places and then Shinji becomes Sakura. And then the Holy Grail War happens. Only one chapter in, but the variant sibling relationships make this interesting, as does Shinji in the Sakura role, still something of a dick like his canon self but considerably more proactive than Sakura was in his own destiny (and considerably less impressed with Emiya Shirou).
    That reminds me of another recent story with a Rin-Shinji sibling dynamic, but still very different. Schrödinger's Sisters has Tokiomi seriously regard Sakura's Imaginary Numbers affinity and send Rin as the Matou apprentice instead (which means Sakura stays a Tohsaka). She has an entirely different breakdown to Sakura, in which she tries to keep vigil before realizing she wasn't learning magic and after her only hope of leaving (Kariya) is gone, she becomes a LOT more violent and irritable. She quickly puts Shinji in his place and is usually the "Man" of their sleeping arrangements. She still greatly cares for Sakura though, and again keeps a distance from her with the reminder that they're not sisters anymore, but she does it for Sakura's own safety. And also plans to arrange her to hook up with a certain janitor.

That's pretty much the first chapter from what I've read.