Page 21 of 158 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263171121 ... LastLast

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I refuse to read a review that's all in bold.
    Add this to the rules on the op, it's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Sorry, didnt realize it was all in bold for some reason.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    What to do... I don't want to add a fic that goes straight to the Bad Fics dump....
    Not to mention it's still missing a summary.

E: Nvm I just missed it in the mess that is the post.
    Last edited by Kyte; November 19th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.

Sorry, Trying to organize that shit, even if its bad atleast it should be acknowledged that its bad so other can just skip it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8939763...er-eats-Lancer
    +1 to Saber eats Lancer

It's an extremely short silly crackfic, the name explains it all. Saber eats lancer. It's incredibly cracky, and quite entertaining. It gave me a good laugh. It's only 750 words, so no great investment of time, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Okay, You got me, I laughed

+1 to Saber Eats Lancer

Quote Originally Posted by firagadam View Post
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1071060...on-Lord-s-Hero
    A Demon Lord's Hero By: Fahad09 When I sold my soul to the Devil, I thought I was prepared for anything. I wasn't. I didn't expect him to be a her. Or dressed up as a magic girl carrying a pink wand tipped with a cheerful yellow star. Her being a prankster however didn't come as much of a surprise. You know, the Bible would have been a whole lot more interesting if they included stuff like this. complete AU
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Humor - Shirō E. - Chapters: 12 - Words: 153,315 - Reviews: 1,243 - Favs: 1,463 - Follows: 1,415 - Updated: Nov 16 - Published: Sep 23 - id: 10710606

Summary:Shirou from an AU Route makes a deal with Serafall from DxD to save Illya, Now he lives in the world of DxD dealing with the plans of devils and the fallen angels, Original DxD is pretty much completely De-railed, some of the DxD characters are changed in terms of personalinity, Shirou abilities are stupidly OP, but he still feels like a Somewhat close character to the original, decently written.

+1 to this, Its a pretty Big AU for both the F/SN and DxD side, like really fucking major, but honestly, i think its all done for the better, least for the DxD side, where we have character with a more depth and MOTIVES to do shit

Good Writting (Was never too bothered by it for the most part), Good Action, good characters. Tried to make a summary while being impartial to my opinion on it, if you guys have any suggestion on things to add/change/remove just let me know
    How is that fic can be considered to have good writing? There are so much grammatical mistake and misspelling that makes me wince while reading it and ended up just skimming through the rest of it. It's utter garbage wanking Shirou with no amount of effort to actually use the lore from either series except for the sake of misinterpreting it for the sake of wanking. Horrible characterization being justified with AU LOL, and frankly the whole exposition and justification throughout the fics made gabriel blessing appear concise.

As far as Aria of Fate goes, the author can draw, he should stick to that and have someone else write, that's all I'm gonna say about it. The narrative style goes all over the place, and it suffers the whole "show, don't tell" in the way it pretty much spoon-feed the reader with soliloquy of Shirou's thought before he went and do the action, making you pretty much always have to read something that is already implicitly written last sentence again and again.
    Last edited by arsdraconis; November 20th, 2014 at 12:43 AM.

It's:

1) Not dry.
    2) Diverges from canon.

On a scale of blessing to good, it's probably somewhere in the 50th percentile.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by firagadam View Post
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1071060...on-Lord-s-Hero
    A Demon Lord's Hero By: Fahad09 When I sold my soul to the Devil, I thought I was prepared for anything. I wasn't. I didn't expect him to be a her. Or dressed up as a magic girl carrying a pink wand tipped with a cheerful yellow star. Her being a prankster however didn't come as much of a surprise. You know, the Bible would have been a whole lot more interesting if they included stuff like this. complete AU
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Adventure/Humor - Shirō E. - Chapters: 12 - Words: 153,315 - Reviews: 1,243 - Favs: 1,463 - Follows: 1,415 - Updated: Nov 16 - Published: Sep 23 - id: 10710606

Summary:Shirou from an AU Route makes a deal with Serafall from DxD to save Illya, Now he lives in the world of DxD dealing with the plans of devils and the fallen angels, Original DxD is pretty much completely De-railed, some of the DxD characters are changed in terms of personalinity, Shirou abilities are stupidly OP, but he still feels like a Somewhat close character to the original, decently written.

+1 to this, Its a pretty Big AU for both the F/SN and DxD side, like really fucking major, but honestly, i think its all done for the better, least for the DxD side, where we have character with a more depth and MOTIVES to do shit

Good Writting (Was never too bothered by it for the most part), Good Action, good characters. Tried to make a summary while being impartial to my opinion on it, if you guys have any suggestion on things to add/change/remove just let me know
    NOPE.

That fic is like the same stuff that GB writes. It's filled with the usual and same elements from his other stories. GB may have ruined fanfiction.... Damn.

The "Shirou" in this fic make me cringe so hard.
    Last edited by Renko; November 20th, 2014 at 12:44 AM.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

The latest chapter had the most idiotic moment.

"Look I'm not King Arthur. If I was King Arthur, wouldn't I have Caliburn?"
    "Do you have Caliburn?"
    "Well of course I have Caliburn."
    "!!!"
    "D'oh!"

Author induced stupidity for . . . I think humor? It kinda looked like humor, if maybe you squint really really hard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    The latest chapter had the most idiotic moment.

"Look I'm not King Arthur. If I was King Arthur, wouldn't I have Caliburn?"
    "Do you have Caliburn?"
    "Well of course I have Caliburn."
    "!!!"
    "D'oh!"

Author induced stupidity for . . . I think humor? It kinda looked like humor, if maybe you squint really really hard.
    Rather than humor, that just deserves a facepalm.

Wh-wh-...what?

I feel stupider just reading this than the King Arthur did admitting to having Caliburn.

People actually READ this???

1200+ reviews and counting in FF.net. That counts as something right? #notreally
    Over the Keel Mountains, Meets an ape with human speech. The ape asks, "What clings to you? Bear it—you cannot. Accept it—you cannot. But hidden—it is from you. Recite its name."

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I don't even have that many reviews in total for all of my stuff put together. I need to make crappier stuff.

Blog Entries
    You and me both, Arashi.

I've been thinking about a NarutoxHP crossover.

My tentative summary:

"Narto is reborn inot the HPverse, and helps Harry defats Voldimort with jutsus while finding true love. Dark!Powerful!Harry, Girl!Naruto."
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    You and me both, Arashi.

My tentative summary:

"Narto is reborn inot the HPverse, and helps Harry defats Voldimort with jutsus while finding true love. Dark!Powerful!Harry, Girl!Naruto."
    You hear that noise?

No, not those feeble squeals of abandoned artistic integrity. The cheers. The applause.

That's the sound of success. Savor it, love it. Make it the beat of your soul. Quality is democratic, son; if the people love it, then all is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Well, I wanted to be a quality writer who didn't pan to the masses and instead write what I love and cherish, so I best get used to the sound of echoed water droplets and crickets.

Ah well. Those fools don't know what they're missing. ^_^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    You and me both, Arashi.

My tentative summary:

You forgot the fact that they castrate the "drak sercoror Ron and haev a 3sum wit Drago Malfoi"

Blog Entries
    Honestly if I could have a big audience I'd take it, but it turns out the things I write call to a fairly limited fandom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    You forgot the fact that they castrate the "drak sercoror Ron and haev a 3sum wit Drago Malfoi"
    No, that's just going too far. People might enjoy stories that I find terrible, but that doesn't make them outright stupid.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.