Page 259 of 680 FirstFirst ... 159209249254257258259260261264269309359 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

JP Friend Code
    So when Vol. 4 comes out is there going to be discussion here about what happens or are we going to wait for OtherSideofSky's translations first? I want to do my best to avoid spoilers for this one...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    free range spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    WHe Ezes I realized that but...April 10th or whenever it comes out and until the time it's translated is going to be painful....it's too bad the content & free range spoilers are in the same thread, it really wouldn't be a problem for me otherwise

I've Never Avoided Spoilers In My Life humbertozero teach me your ways........

rip gonna have to avoid this thread like the plague when vol 4 is released then

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil12 View Post
    This story has been really interesting for me though. As a huge Narita fan its the first time I've felt like characters were ever at risk of dying.
    Someone didn't read Crack Flag

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Phil12's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    I've read it. I find it interesting that in the authors note Narita talks like he has trouble not killing off characters.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I don't see why not, what do you think the craziest thing he could do anyway.
    If you haven't read Narita's previous novels, please avoid this
    He made one guy who is nice and almost cowardly person develop a protagonist syndrome and become the leader of a gang under the guise of an anonymous organization.

That one happened.

Might be possible that Francesca will win this war too by her sheer interest.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

US Friend Code
    Yeah I remember that, made no sense really.

But it did look cool in the anime, so that was nice.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

祖 Ancestor
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil12 View Post
    I've read it. I find it interesting that in the authors note Narita talks like he has trouble not killing off characters.
    Either way, you're probably right

Izaya should reasonably have be killed ages ago given the number of people he pissed off on a daily basis.

US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    I'd normally agree, but the Sunset with Orihara Izaya novels are really interesting, so I'm glad he's not dead. Having Izaya as a main character allows Narita to write something a lot darker. The series has a lot of mind games, and we get to see a lot more of Izaya's character.

Also, I think the reason no one has killed him is because he's undeniably a valuable resource for information.

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    If you haven't read Narita's previous novels, please avoid this
    He made one guy who is nice and almost cowardly person develop a protagonist syndrome and become the leader of a gang under the guise of an anonymous organization.

That one happened.

Might be possible that Francesca will win this war too by her sheer interest.
    That's nothing. Much weirder stuff happened.

Spoiler:
    Whole cast (Including one blackhole irc) joined mustache twirling, petty, abusive, backstabbing villain to defeat nice guy protagonist and save the world in grand finale. Happy end ensues.

So yeah Francesca might actually win as well...
    Last edited by Tenzen12; March 17th, 2017 at 08:07 AM.

I've finished translating the afterword for book 1. Sorry this is coming much later than I initially promised; first work got in the way, then fun got in the way, and time kind of flew by. I'll have a translation of Nasu's commentary done in a day or two.

FSF 1 afterword
    Afterword

So, hi. Narita here.
    This work is not an original creation of mine; it's a spinoff novel based on the Fate works created by Nasu Kinoko-san and everyone at TYPE-MOON. I'll leave out the particulars of how I came to write this spinoff, but it started as the prologue to a nonexistent game called Fake written for April Fool's. At the time, the story ended with the protagonist — the "player character" — arriving in the city once Lancer's prologue was over, to be continued in the game itself. I have now been given the — nerve-racking — opportunity to continue it as a novel.
    The Fate series was created by TYPE-MOON, lead by Nasu Kinoko-san and Takeuchi Takashi-san. This work, Strange Fake, was sparked by the tremendous energy of its setting. I could try to explain what makes the original work's "Holy Grail War" system so engaging, but I wouldn't do it justice. Instead, I recommend you try the original Fate — currently available to rave reviews on the PS2, PS Vita, and smart phones — and then Hollow Ataraxia — just released on the PS Vita — for yourselves. Also the works by other authors — Zero, Apocrypha, Prototype, Himuro no tenchi, The Lord El-Melloi II Case Files — the Extra series of games, and the comic spinoff Prisma Illya, as well as the various animated versions... Sorry. I'll stop.
    Anyway, as one tributary of this great stream, I'll be happy if readers unfamiliar with Fate gain an interest in the original, while Fate fans think, "What is this idiot doing with the setting?" and read with popcorn in one hand, like they're watching a B-grade shark movie! I'll do my best to make sure that both types of readers have a good time!

Dear TYPE-MOON fans,
    Concerning the character who appears at the end of the book, she's not the same person as the one in Fate/Prototype. They're from different universes, for a start. In answer to the question, "Well, what about the one in Himuro no Tenchi, then?" all I have to say is: "...I can't categorically deny any connection." Confusing you by making you wonder, "The one from Himuro no Tenchi can't have gone bad, can she?" or, "Did she come from another universe?" was always an option, but a different spinoff already took that route, so I abstained. Instead, I'd like to leave you asking, "Well, what is she, then?" I look forward to unraveling that mystery in subsequent volumes.
    I suspect many Fate fans are wondering, "This is set after the original Fate, but which route's future is it?" I hate to say this, but, "It's a fake, so it follows a mystery route." I'll leave the rest to your imaginations. In the extra chapter, the two "Observers" leaf through a lot of pages. You can assume that the "world's route" changes with each of those pages.
    Nasu-san has already written quite a bit about Gil and Enkidu in CCC. I've done my best to tell this story from a slightly different "starting point," so that even people who have already had their fill of the pair can enjoy it. (The biggest difference is already in this first volume.)
    It really does feel, as Nasu-san writes in his commentary, like I "was supposed to follow the rails, but went airborne while no one was looking." Still, I trust that Nasu-san himself will write the "Dismantling War" that those rails — the proper future of the original Fate — lead to within the next few decades, so I'll keep flying and do my best to put on a spectacle in the skies! ...Although it's also possible that I'll fall to my death a few seconds later.
    Or so I say, but Nasu-san still keeps a watchful editorial eye on the world of Fate.
    Nasu: "I once said that all of El-Melloi's disciples achieved the rank of Grand, didn't I? That was a lie."
    Narita: "Gyaaaaaaah (Read: Character Materials)!"
    Nasu: "Come, Narita! Throw away the old setting and come at me!"
    Narita: "Setting inconsistencies don't scare me! I'll crush you!"
    ...That aside, Nasu-san explained the latest setting details about the Mages' Association and the Holy Church and provided me with editorial oversight on the evolving world of Fate. He gave particular attention to points like the words used by a certain great master of sorcery in the extra chapter!
    Now, the Saber who appears at the end of this book is not the same person as the male Saber from Prototype. As for who he is and where he comes from, there are already several hints in this book. Try to guess while you wait for the next volume.
    My editor, Anan-san and my Dura editor, Wada-san, who I caused more trouble for than usual because Durarara!! SH and this book went on sale at the same time; all the concerned parties who I am indebted to through their Fate spinoffs, beginning with Urobuchi Gen-san, Higashide Yūichirō-san, Sakurai Hikaru-san, Mashin Eiichirō-san, and Sanda Makoto-san; Team Barrel Roll, who did part of the Servant background research for me; Morii Shizuki-san, who has produced wonderful illustrations for this book in addition to drawing the nearly-simultaneous comic version of Fate/Strange Fake; and, most importantly, Nasu Kinoko-san, who created Fate and wrote a wonderful commentary for this volume; everyone at TYPE-MOON... and all the readers who picked up this book and made it this far:
    Thank you very much!
    Now then, I suspect it will be a long haul, but I would appreciate it if you would bear with me as a palate cleanser between other TYPE-MOON works.

November 2014, while wondering if the Koha Ace Heroic Spirits are canon.
    Narita Ryōgo

I should have a copy of book 4 the 11th or 12th of next month. I plan to start posting translations of it a week or two after that.
    Last edited by OtherSideofSky; March 22nd, 2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo

bless your heart

US Friend Code
    304,680,406/Phil12
    Thank you very much for your hard work!

so I'll keep flying and do my best to but on a spectacle in the skies!
    is this a typo?

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Thanks for the TLs like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    Anyway, as one tributary of this great stream, I'll be happy if readers unfamiliar with Fate gain an interest in the original, while Fate fans think, "What is this idiot doing with the setting?" and read with popcorn in one hand, like they're watching a B-grade shark movie! I'll do my best to make sure that both types of readers have a good time!
    I love this.

Still, I trust that Nasu-san himself will write the "Dismantling War"
    Peer pressure, huzzah!
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

dismantling war?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post

Peer pressure, huzzah!
    eventually Sanda will write it.

US Friend Code
    An operation where Rin and I think Waver and some others fight against the Mages Association 10 years after Stay Night in the purpose of dismantling the Greater Grail. Its said that its scale is comparable to the HGW or something along those lines. Takes place after either the Fate or UBW routes.

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Waver drops a couple of details in Accel Order
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Being curious, what was his comments on it?

anywhere than here