Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Make-A-Magus Contest

Since I realize this is kind of an especially vague prompt, I'll mention that Indian devas or Zoroastrian Fravashis also count as under the Angels conceit.
    If that helps.

Basically if it's a messenger for any kind of god from any kind of religion, it's free game.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok, that Actualy helps a lot. In fact it reminds me of something

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Let's Make Make A Magus Greater Than Make A Servant
    mkay
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Let's Make Make A Magus Greater Than Make A Servant
    mkay
    Servant creation is for washups anyway

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just realized that me saying that is pretty hypocritical since I've only entered the Servant Contest. And if we are going to make Make A Magus Great, then as the "organizer," I should be entering.
    So I will be entering this time.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Blog Entries
    The create-a-mage community wants You!

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Maybe I enter too, if a have any good idea
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, and angels… to cinder.”

Family History:
    Spoiler:
    The Castle of Separation, Arda, and its lords, the Ashbourne, were magi who attempted to master the restoration of magic crests. The former master of the castle, Geryuon Ashbourne, a Fes rank magus, was said to be able to repair any damaged magic crest and give new life to those that were stagnating. The foundation for his magecraft was the Jewish tradition, Kabbalah and the 72 angels of Shemhamphorash. These angels are said to live in the 10 Sephirot and the 22 paths which connect them.

In late 2003, Geryuon Ashbourne was murdered and in the ensuing successor war/investigation, the true foundational formula for the castle was discovered by the scion of the Eldefelt family and the Master-Slaying Astrologer. While the case of who murdered Geryuon as well as the other mysteries of the castles were solved by Lord El-Melloi II, there was one mystery that remained, one rotting mystery that no longer had value, the true angels of the Ashbourne family, the Cinderbounde.

Elemental Alignment: Fire

General Magic Circuit Quantity: C
    General Magic Circuit Quality: C
    General Magic Circuit Composition: Highly insulated

General History:
    Spoiler:
    The Cinderbounde family is the main branch family of the Ashbourne, existing to protect its head as well the family’s heirs. They are not magi, only spellcasters.

Within the households of magi, the servants are generally ignorant of magecraft. In Adra’s case, the head of the Cinderbounde family is always the head butler of the household with the nine other members working as the head servants, taking care of the castle and the family. There are always ten members of the Cinderbounde family on duty, this may include up to three generations of members. They also have a secondary duty, being the undertakers for the family.

Magecraft
    Foundation/Concept:

Spoiler:
    The Sephirot is one of the most important concepts in Kabbalistic traditions. Each of the ten Sephirot are emanations through which the Infinite reveals itself, basically each part is a manifestation of the light of God. The 10 Sephirot and the 22 possible paths between them are known as the Tree of Life that can lead one to Utopia or completion. In the world of magecraft, the valuations of magi given by the Clocktower can be a parallel to some of the Sephirot; Crown and Keter for instance or Fes and Tiferet.

However, the foundational formula used in the Castle of Separation is that of the Qliphoth, commonly regarded the Tree of Death, the reverse of the Tree of Life. Although the view of the Qliphoth as “evil,” has pervaded into popular culture as well as modern magecraft, the original purpose of the Qliphoth was to serve as the shells or the peels of the Sephirots, that is the say, the containers that not only stopped the light of God from leaking, but also to hide these mysteries. In the same fashion, it should be the Cinderbounde’s duty to hide and protect the Ashbourne. It is this symbiotic relationship that forms the ultimate foundation of their magecraft. This relationship also makes the Ashbourne entirely dependent of the Cinderbounde family’s continued existence, for if the shells were to fade, their mystery would eventually no longer be bound and leak out.

Each Qliphoth corresponds to a member of the family. They are, in order; Thamiel, Chaigidel, Sathariel, Gamchicoth, Golachab, Thagirion, Harab Serapel, Samael, Gamaliel, and Nehemoth.

Angels
    Spoiler:
    In magecraft, angels are known as supernatural beings that have been reclassified as angels or beings that have been given power by their master. In Abrahamic religions it is God who has given angels their power. That is to say, angels serve as the intermediary for power. Because of that, in magecraft, angels serve as convenient “vessels for power.” The Cinderbounde that serve as the Ashborne family’s Qliphoth conceptually match that description in function and being almost too well. Therefore, the Cinderbounde both serve as a vessel for the Ashbourne family's magecraft as well as the power of the Ashbounde family.

However, because of the shifted perception of the Qliphoth and its current understanding as the reverse of the tree of life, the Cinderbounde cannot truly manifest themselves as angels of the Ashbourne family. Instead they must take after the fallen angels associated with the Qliphoth. As Luvia found out, these are the angels that protect the Castle of Separation.

Once again, in order they are, Satan, Beelzebub, Lucifuge, Astaroth, Asmodeus, Belphegor, Baal, Adrammelech, Lilith, Naamah.

Magic Crest
    Spoiler:
    The magic crest of the Cinderbounde family is fragmented and basically functionally useless. Each member of the family holds one of the ten fragments of the magic crest that is sourced from the Ashbourne crest. It’s only ability is to attach onto another materialized magic crest.

The Ashbourne sought to rid magic crests of their lifespan as well as their specificity. Geryuon was almost able to accomplish the latter through multiple means. The first was lodging the personality of his son into another’s magic crest in a desperate attempt to keep his lineage alive. The other method was by forcibly extracting and collecting other magi’s magic crests and using those components to “restore” a crest. His predecessors never reached those heights; in their attempts to create a magic crest that did not reject people outside one’s bloodline, they ended up ridding a crest of its specificity; however, the crest itself became consumable. That is, complete failures. Before Geryuon, their plan was to figure out a way to revert these consumable crests while still allowing for universal transplant.

Pulsa DiNura
    Ember

Spoiler:
    Pulsa DiNura, the only spell within the Cinderbounde magic crest, is known as “lashes of fire.” It comes from the Babylonian Talmud, where the angel Metatron made a mistake and received 60 pulses of fire as punishment. It is a common ceremony still done to this day that invokes angels of destruction. For the Cinderbounde that means themselves.

When the spell is cast, the Cinderbounde magic crest begins to devour the foreign consumable magic crest that is docked onto it converting it into a gigantic source magical energy that greatly reinforces their physical abilities while also giving the Cinderbounde access to the spells within the crest. However, due to an inevitable lack of understanding of the spells within the crest, the result will also be weaker.

This devouring and conversion of the magic crest into magical energy also forces the Cinderbounde’s magic circuits to spin at incredible rates. While this usually means the breakdown of the circuits themselves or the frying of one’s nerves and brain, the Cinderbounde have developed highly insulated circuits. This insulation might protect the circuit from breaking down but in exchanged produces much heat damaging the body. When using this spell, it looks as though one is leaking fire out of crevices in their body. This heat can be channeled to set things that are held in one’s hand alight.

Darksign
    Spoiler:
    The sigil carved onto the body of a Cinderbounde. It is a ring of fire containing a circle of black. The ring of fire represents the Cinderbounde (Qliphoth) and the black, the mysteries of the Ashbourne (Sephirot).

Kindling of a Lord
    Angel of Cinder

Spoiler:
    The ritual that is activated by breaking the Darksign inscribed onto one’s body, that is, cutting open the ring of fire exposing the Sephirot, unleashing the full power the Ashbourne have delegated to them.

The creation of magic crests require multiple parts including fragments of mystic codes, phantasmal species body parts, and other magical ingredients. In an attempt to become masters of restoring magic crests, the Ashbourne magi needed to understand each component as well their function in the crest. As the vessel of power for the Ashbourne magi, this is also the Cinderbounde’s greatest ability. While this ritual is active, when their crest devours any magic crest they are not only able replicate the spells within the crest, but also the very components or effects onto their body.

Shrouded with a fierce fire composed of black pus, these components last as long as it takes for the magic crest to be consumed. As rejection from magic crests comes from the insertion of foreign materials into one’s human body, the manifestation of those foreign ingredients in a human body is fatal. Also, in some cases, the fire inside the Cinderbounde’s body is too much for them to bear, burning them into nothing more than their namesake.

Finality, both meanings of the term.

Ultimate Fate
    Spoiler:
    The birth of Geryuon led to the accidental obsoletion of the mystic duties of the Cinderbounde for a generation. Pursuing a different path to restore magic crests, he required the crests of magi for his own purposes and used them as ingredients to repair others crests. Furthermore, Geryuon created a monster out his wife that could also store magic crests indefinitely.

This led to a consumable crest shortage among the Cinderbounde, that is, they were unable to perform magecraft.

They kept with their other duties, looking after the family, cleaning the castle and so forth. They could not protest even after Geryuon’s son, Granide died, for they had nothing to protest about. Their very lives, their mysteries were focused around this one family, if they died, then as magi we shall die.

Geryuon eventually died and after a few days of commotion so did Granide, a second time. It seemed the entire event was a farce put on by the Department of Law in the Clocktower and when it was over, there were not even ashes left of the Ashbourne legacy.

Perhaps Geryuon’s drive and genius were too strong. To achieve more than any other magus in Ashbourne family, he had poked a hole through the shell and made it obsolete. However, he never imagined it was that shell that was protecting the family, and by rendering it powerless, the family itself would collapse. Although some of the blame should rest on the Cinderbounde, having served since their conception, they never thought for a second that perhaps in this generation the best way to serve was to lead. What happened after is a dime novel.

On that note, fallen angels are fated to be separated from their masters, not matter how faithful they may be. That isn’t necessarily a bad thing though, as one could say that a vessel for one’s power is also one’s legacy, proof one existed. In the same way, angels spread the word and belief in God. But humans are not angels. Maybe that is the reason some of the Cinderbounde stayed to tend to the castle while others took the chance to see the world. And maybe that is why one or two still will not give up hope, waiting for a successor, waiting for an “Ashen One.”

Notes

Spoiler:
    Thinking a lot about the name Ashbourne and how it sounded like a very Dark Souls thing. So Dark Souls is where I went. I got the Qliphoth inspiration from Abby, remembering it had something to do with Kabbalah. Then when I was looking through case files for some angel stuff, I found that the Adra’s foundational formula was using the Qliphoth, a detail I had forgotten.
    Also a Sephirot+Qliphoth looks like a Darksign.

Last edited by You; March 22nd, 2018 at 01:14 PM.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Well, there goes my idea for using the Sephirot for my basis. Time for plan B...
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

Blog Entries
    Do djinn counts as angels?

Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Anything is an angel if you magecraft hard enough

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Do djinn counts as angels?
    In ancient Arabia, the term jinn also applied to all kinds of supernatural entities among various religions and cults, thus angels and demons among Zoroastrianism, Christianity and Judaism were also called jinn
    wikipedia quote but there's a source if you want to read more about the relationship of djinn and angels

What if an angel evokes itself in order to possess a human

Thinking emoji

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Appearance

Name: Diane Kelley
    Height/Weight: 167 cm / 59 kg
    Birthplace: Birmingham, UK
    Forte/Likes: Daydreaming, speaking at walls, sleeping.
    Weaknesses/Dislikes: High-stimulus environments, loud noises, the cold hand of realism.
    Natural Talents: Storytelling, penmanship, aptitude to go to sleep at a moment's notice in broad daylight.
    Natural Enemy: Luviagelita Edelfelt

Magical Attributes

Origin: Converse
    Elemental Alignment: Wind
    Family Attribute: Conversion. Something which bears heavy resemblance to its counterparts in the Tohsaka and Edelfelt families. Strictly speaking, the name covers the concept itself, but due to the aforementioned Edelfelts, it is best known for its conduciveness to Jewel Magecraft. The capability that allows for the Kelleys to place magical energy into other substances, enduring outside of the body; however, it is not limited to magical energy. Their general aptitude has not even scratched at the feet of the Edelfelt, but at least in a particular subsection of a subsection, they can be called supreme.

Magic Circuits

Circuit Quantity: C
    Circuit Quality: B
    Circuit Composition: Abnormal. A born mutant, capable of receiving information from what the family believes to be "angels", and something that originated in Kelley himself, who believed that he could hear the voices of angels. Rather than the freak mutation of a certain Theosopher, this is both more consistent, being a mutation shared down the family line, and lower in quality, the information received being sparse and near unintelligible. Rather than truly receiving information, it is more akin to attempting to decipher an auctioneer speaking through a fast food drive-thru. The claim that these voices truly belong to angels, though, is dubious at best.

Biography

The Kelley family claims its lineage to begin with the work of an alchemist by the name of Edward Kelley in the late 16th century. While this is true from a strictly genetic perspective, it cannot be called true from the perspective of magecraft. Edward Kelley was a man who touted himself as a peerless alchemist capable of creating the Philosopher's Stone in the public eye; as a result, it was only a matter of course that he was targeted by the Mage's Association. Kelley himself was assassinated, his Magic Crest confiscated, and records falsified to cast him as a fool who had been incapable of turning lead into gold.

The family descending from Kelley, then, could be said to have started nearly from square one.

The family gathered up what scraps of Kelley's research they were able to salvage, and after a drawn-out political negotiation, were able to obtain a small portion of the family's Magic Crest, enough to retain the technique of conversion, as well as the part pertaining to the efforts to "speak with angels" that Kelley himself had attempted. The vast majority of the Crest and its alchemical knowledge, however, were retained by the Association.

Seizing on what scraps they had consolidated, the family delved deeper into the work that their progenitor had done, and in this manner discovered their own path that they could create charging forwards.

However, throughout this quest, they were necessarily plagued by a curse inherent to their blood. This was nothing other than the whispers of "angels" made to them. Like trying to recall a hazy dream, they were certainly able to understand that "something was being said", but were unable to grasp the words themselves that were spoken. Transcendent wisdom laid just outside of their reach, and this was the Kelleys' curse. If they did not hear those voices to begin with, they would have been content to live on in ignorance of them. If they had been able to understand those voices, they would have surpassed their limits and become something truly outstanding. For after all, it is not the task of turning a zero into a one that plagues humanity, only a true madman, or indeed a factory that made madmen, would think such a thing to be possible. Rather, it is when someone attempts to change a one into a one-hundred, when there is a possibility just out of reach, that tragedy will soon follow.

The first family head went mad in his quest to understand the voices.

The second family head wrongly believed he understood them, and found a salvation in false wisdom.

The third family head ended her life to escape the voices.

The fourth family head followed the same path as the first.

Diane herself is the fifth family head since the time of Edward Kelley.

As with those before her, she grew up hearing the voices that her family called "angels", and learned the family magecraft. She took to it admirably. She was not an outstanding magus, nor was her family itself outstanding. Indeed, in a world of this size, she could not be called anything special on the basis of talent or pedigree. Nonetheless, she accomplished something that nobody before her had. She survived the voices.

For Diane, you see, there was a sort of happy resignation to the voices she heard, accepting them as something that she heard and utilizing them as a sort of flavoring to her life. The best example could be a child having an imaginary friend who only speaks Spanish when they themselves don't understand Spanish. This nature led her to spend more time in her imagination that reality, and while she has continued the family craft, learned the basics of magecraft at the Clock Tower, and the like, she doesn't bear a singleminded obsession towards it like most of her predecessors. Rather, she simply views magecraft as another component of her life, of equal weight to the mundane parts.

"That cloud looks sort of like a rabbit, don't you think?"

"■■■■■■ ■■■ ■■■■■ ■■ ■■■■■."

"Ehe, you need to work on your enunciation. Anyway, I've gotta get back to work now, try and be quiet for a bit, alright?"

"■■■■■■ ■■■ ■■■■■, ■■■■ ■■■ ■■■■■."
    She's recently taken to writing children's fantasy novels, and is now working on her third book in an adequately successful series about a boy who can see invisible fairies. Needless to say, she's kept up with her duties as the head of the family, but she can't be said to have made the same contributions to their path to the Root that her predecessors have.

Then again, maybe that's for the best.

Magecraft-Related Abilities
    Conversion (Angels)

The characteristic magecraft of the family, accomplished through a synthesis of their founder's research, their own efforts, and the Conversion attribute they have passed down. It was said that Edward Kelley was able to utilize a shewstone (crystal ball) to summon angels and speak with them. Since his time, the Kelley family has expanded on this premise further.

If working on the premise that an angel is a 'vessel of power' and that a jewel is a prison that stops flow, which in turn means it is a place that can easily store thoughts, then it should be possible to use a jewel in order to store "something like an angel".

In other words, the family magecraft of the Kelley's is the process of using the conversion technique to place the concept of an angel into a jewel. However, this itself is an arduous task, as a mere jewel is not meant to contain something such as an angel in a holistic regard, even those named as Enochian angels. As a result, the Kelley family has merely created two such jewels since the time of their inception, though if Diane picks up some of the slack, creating a third before she perishes may very well be a possibility. As for the likelihood of that, only she herself knows.

As the jewel, then, is taking the power of something else into itself and being used to carry it, being used as a vessel of power, it would not be much of an exaggeration to say that the jewel becomes an angel in its own right, with its master being the angel whose concept it contains. The jewel can be considered to function as an angel of an angel, in other words.

The purpose of this is not for offensive use or anything of the sort. The Kelleys are magi in the strictest sense of the word, rather, and so anything that they pursue is ultimately towards the ends of...
    Enochian
    The path pursued by the Kelley family towards that place without a name.

Along with his collaborators such as John Dee, Edward Kelley spoke of a language referred to in modern day as Enochian, a "language of angels" which precedes the fall of Babel. It is this philosophical framework that the family follows.

Incidentally, one of their original goals was to reach the "original state" of this language, also known as the Unified Language, but such a goose chase was quickly scrapped, labeled as an absurd idea to begin with, and only ever after occasionally mentioned at drunken family parties the way one might lambast a disappointing child.

In Enochian belief, there are thirty Aethers which form a map of the universe and illuminate all things. The theory behind it bears obvious similarities to the Sephirot in Kabbalah which it originates from. Each of the thirty Aethers is populated by angels called "Governors", with three angels being assigned to each, save for the lowest Aether, TEX, which possesses four. This leads to a total of ninety-one angels who oversee the Aethers and function as their content.

It follows, then, by bringing together these ninety-one angels, one would create a microcosm of the thirty Aethers, which would in turn serve as a path to the Root. This is the goal of the Kelley family, to create these ninety-one jewels containing the ninety-one Governors of the Aether, and in doing so, reach that place without a name.
    Miscellaneous
    As one might expect, there is an adequate understanding of the basics of the west's Alchemy, as well as basic knowledge of more general forms of magecraft. As neither Diane nor the family have delved past the basics on this, though, it will not be detailed here.

Truly, a family of pointless researchers.

Mystic Codes

The family itself has little to show for its trouble, any creations of Edward Kelley having been taken during his assassination. The family writ large has some standard equipment, basic alchemy sets and the like.

Essentially, though, the entirety of their effort can be found in the two jewels they have created thus far. These are jewels bearing the concept of two of the angels who govern the lowest Aether, these angels being
    Who Becomes the Foremost
    Taaogba
    and
    Who is Only For a Season
    Gemnimb
    . Nonetheless, as one would expect of items that have taken an average of two generations per jewel to create, they are beyond first-class in terms of their nature. If they were used, for instance, in the creation of a familiar, the family's status would likely skyrocket overnight. Nonetheless, such a thing is of course impossible given their nature, unless the current family head were to get some harebrained scheme.

Strictly speaking, these should not be considered proper Mystic Codes as they should never be used, only locked away until the time when the other eighty-nine
    angels
    jewels
    have been completed. If, in theory, they were to be utilized as one-shot explosives though, it could be possible to witness, for just a moment, the hollow shadow of a higher-order being.

It could also be said that, at the time of the jewel being used in such a manner, it would be freed of its master, the angel that it served as a vessel of power for. In that regard, it could be called almost poetic that, at the moment of its use, the jewel that resembled an angel could be called an angel well and truly.

Of course, given that doing so would represent the destruction of two generations of work, this is largely pointless conjecture.

Non-Magecraft Abilities

Breathing: Not the form of breathing which attempts to take in the gods through inhalation (yin) and exhalation (yang), but rather just very good breathing form. Those who've taken public speaking courses will likely be familiar with this much. Also includes the capability to yammer on for extended periods of time without needing to take a break for water. The first-rate capability of a monologuer.

Improvisation (Stories): Capability to create tales and worldbuilding that make the Silmarillion seem tame, all in the span of a second and a half. A ridiculous existence who can weave complex narratives that not even she can follow. The peak of possibility in the art.

Creator Remarks
    So, I figured that I might as well get around to joining this sooner or later.

The starting point in design was obviously the Enochian stuff that comes from John Dee and Ed Kelley. From there, it was thinking of how I could make sure this didn't just feel like a Servant sheet for one of them, and felt like its own thing as a magus theory. The mention of Kelley using a shewstone to speak with angels, the mention of angels as vessels of power, and the dialogue from Rin during FSN on jewels made this come to mind, and from there thinking of a halfway reasonable path to the Root wasn't particularly hard.

I decided to work in the "hearing the voices of angels" part of Kelley as a sort of bootleg Helena. Rather than something helpful to the family, though, it's more akin to a blessing so strong that it's a curse, since it either forces them to think that they're the chosen people who can hear angels but who get nothing of value from it, as the second family head did, or it makes them believe they're crazy, like the first and fourth family heads did.

Diane's meant to signify a sort of departure from that curse, at the same time. She neither embraces it like the second head did, rejects it like the third did, nor breaks in the face of it like the first and fourth did. Instead, she accepts it without dwelling on it, distancing herself from the painful side of it but at the same time not trying to escape it futilely. There's no sense in trying to fight something you can't defeat, or embrace something you can't understand. Instead, for Diane it's best to simply accept it and make the most you can out of it, for instance using it as inspiration to write some children's novels.

The Kelley family more generally is pretty clearly nothing exceptional, despite coming from someone who I suppose you could make a Servant sheet for. They're a family of researchers with a path to the Root, who accumulate knowledge and pass it along in an attempt to gradually get closer. To the ends of that path, they have a particular specialization, but it's not something so incredible that they're worth having their own page in the history books. I felt that was more suitable for something like this, since I wanted to make this as far apart from "Caster Edward Kelley" as I could. In the aftermath of that bombastic man who ruined everything, the family became withdrawn and razor focused, albeit cursed as they were.

Diane's similarly nothing really special as a magus, and doesn't really have the mindset of a magus in the same way as her predecessors do, but that's also meant to signify the unsustainability of trying so hard to be a proper magus.

Not sure how well any of that came across, but yeah that's the gist of it.
    Last edited by LeadDemon; March 22nd, 2018 at 08:26 AM.

"Yo, berk! Are you a watcher? If not, see you in hell."

Personal Data
    Name Eli Edeleanu/Bet Armaros Alias "Curse Smith"
    Weight
    apparently 27
    1.62m
    72kg
    Birthplace
    Black Sea Coast
    Constant new stimuli
    Seclusion, quietness
    Magical Attributes / Circuits
    Origin Oath/Malediction
    Elemental Alignment Water & Wind
    Family Attribute
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.
    Modulation
    The Edeleanu are exceptionally capable at manipulating static
    concepts, such as bounded fields and curses. This enables them to transfer parts of the negative karma from themselves to others.
    Circuit Quantity
    Circuit Quality
    Circuit Composition

:
    B (Regression to the Age of Gods)
    B (Regression to the Age of Gods)
    Concentric Circles on each shoulder
    blade
    Biography
    General lore
    "Listen well, child. For our history is as old as humanity and just as sinful."

The old crone coughs as she begins weaving the strands of words into a tale of hubris and destructions:

"When humanity fell into sin, they were watching

"When humanity begat children, they yearned for progeny

"Thus they descended and begat children with man

"Thus they fell and were cursed for their fornication with man

"Their children, the nephilim consumed all with their might

"Their children, the elioud dwelled in their shadows

"And God saw their wickedness and cast stern judgement

"And God destroyed all flesh dwelling on land,

"Save for Noah in his ark,

"Save our parent who fled into the sea."

Personal Background

Eli was born into a small unknown enclave at the coast of the Black Sea. He never knew about the significant difference between his homeland and the rest of the world until he set out - according to tradition - when he came of age.

He came to know that he was different from other humans.
    He came to know that his existence itself was a curse:
    his ancestors were remainders from the union between the fallen angels and mankind.

Instead of rejecting his heritage or fleeing back to his home, he embraced his identity and learned to systemize his abilities into something akin to magecraft. The curse upon his kind became his source of power, his way towards the root, as he uncovered antediluvian power and knowledge within his heritage.

Free to foist his karma upon others, Eli roams the world both, as a tempter for some, and a saviour for others.
    Magecraft-related Abilities
    Skills & Specialization

Remnants of the Antediluvian (Wind)
    Fragments of knowledge handed down countless generations.
    Eli knows some words of power (Universal Language) which
    were retained in the Edeleanu family. If applicable, this ability
    raises the effective rank of a spell by one.

Remnants of the Antediluvian (Water)
    Allows Eli to survive underwater without any additional
    effort for about 2 hours.

Modulation (Curse)
    As descendant of an accursed bloodline, Elis karma gets worse
    the farther he ventures from his native land. Years of study
    and his natural disposition has enabled Eli to redirect his
    karma towards his surroundings. In other words: he
    is the incarnation of Murphy's law, if he wills so.

Further refinement of this skill has allowed Eli to
    redistribute karmic energies using himself as conduit.
    While he rather would use his abilities to protect himself,
    he can also improve the chances of others to achieve the improbable.
    ---
    The incident that led to his epitaph "Curse Smith"
    is told only in hushed voices, as it led to the ruin of a
    powerful magus who pursued Laplace's Demon.
    Certainty and preordainment does not sit well with one,
    who meddles with chance and fate.

"And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee."
    Genesis 12,3a

Creator's remarks

The deluge and the civilization before interested me, especially after reading about its connection to the Epic of Gilgamesh. Since the prompt was "angels", my mind immediately went to Genesis 6:1-2.4:

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
    That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
    There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

Everything else just fell into place, after settling on a concept with inspirations from:
    - Antediluvians from Vampire: The Masquerade
    - Deep Ones/Chtulu
    - Book of Enoch

P.S.: A bit of an unintended overlap with Diane Kelley (the Enochian/language part), since I did not read the character sheet before (did not want to get influenced).
    Last edited by ylas; March 12th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Question: Is it acceptable to submit a highly modified version of a previously made sheet? There's a specific character I'm thinking of, that I made for an RP a few years ago.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Question: Is it acceptable to submit a highly modified version of a previously made sheet? There's a specific character I'm thinking of, that I made for an RP a few years ago.
    As long as it fits the prompt its fine

- - - Updated - - -

Also one more week until voting,
    so get your magi in

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Case File #4049-A

Um, hello. It’s nice to meet you. I hope we can work together well. Before anything else, I’d just like to say-.”

Rejected! Absolutely denied! Listen up, you lower-than-dirt trash! This girl over here is a step above useless, but compared to the sorry state of magi today, she might as well be a genius! So if you want her virginity, you need to be at least five times more amazing! Gahahaha!”

Custard
    A lineage dating back several hundred years. Believed to have originated during the thirteenth century, but some estimates claim the bloodline can be traced back to the time of the Roman Empire. Exact ancestry testing is impossible, due to unprecedented interbreeding with other notable bloodlines. Testing confirms the presence of [REDACTED-1], Edelfelt, Fraga, [REDACTED-2], [REDACTED-3], and [REDACTED-4] blood in the family tree, with tenuous hypotheses regarding the Archibalds, [REDACTED-5], and even [REDACTED-6]. No branch families exist, but each generation barring the last has produced at least half a dozen children. Their status within the Clock Tower is minor; they hold little political power, are mostly ignored, and make few overt political alliances.

Covertly, though...

The only consistent rule in dealing with them is: "Don't let a Custard get close."

Celia Custard
    The 10th generation heir to the Custard Magical Crest. Seventeen years old. Enrolled as a student in General Fundamentals, with electives in Spiritual Evocation. Has shown above-average aptitude in her studies, but lacks the political knack to gain favour with professors and fellow students.

Personality: Shy. Naive. Studious. Inexperienced. Curious. Virgin.

She is confirmed to have inherited the Magic Crest from her father, and displays signs of the Custard Sorcery Trait. Once Celia comes of age, she will become the head of her family. Of note is that the Custard heads have always been male, making her the first to break this tradition.

Guardian Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Francis
    “Ask yourself this question today: How is my relationship with my guardian angel? Do I listen to him? Do I say good morning to him in the morning? Do I ask him: Watch over me when I sleep?’ Do I speak with him? Do I ask his advice? He is by my side. We can answer this question today, each of us: how is our relationship with this angel that the Lord has sent to watch over me and accompany me on my journey, and who always sees the face of the Father who is in heaven?”
    An angel is a divine being, a messenger that receives and conveys the word of God. An angel is also a vessel of power that receives conveys the strength of God. Under those definitions, an angel is a familiar created by God. A guardian angel is an angel that follows one person throughout their life, giving advice and leading them on the correct path or appearing in moments of crisis to light the way. Any being or spirit that bestows advice, inspiration, or revelation can be called a guardian angel. In other cases, a guardian angel is the source of one's conscience, providing a sense of right and wrong not born from earthly experience.

Guardian angels are an intermediary between man and God, who exists outside the world. It can be thought that any feeling or idea that has no basis in reality must come from someplace else. The Custards theorized that the source of these thoughts is a guardian angel relaying the word of God, who is all-knowing and infinitely wise. Endless knowledge is contained only in the Akashic Records, so a connection has to exist between God and the Swirl of the Root, and through angels, with humanity as well.

So, thought the first Custard: surely there must be a "will" that decides how, when, why, and what information is given, and how it is filtered. If that will belongs to an angel, then the path to the Root is clear: we must make our goals its own.

Ontological Rebirth
    The Sorcery Trait of the Custard family.

Upon death, without a body to contain it, the soul departs, or else lingers and falls apart rapidly. The magical circuits of the Custard heirs are unique in that after death, they can still efficiently circulate magical energy. This persistence stops degradation so long as a source of magical energy can be obtained, though it cannot halt it indefinitely. For this reason, the abnormal resilience of the soul, fallen Custards often become wraiths if not properly put to rest.

The Magic Crest of the Custard family is designed to take advantage of this process. Over seventy percent of its composition is an otherwise unusable pattern of circuits that only activates when unconsciously triggered by the soul of its dead owner. The stored spell, through a method of layering seals on the body, traps and compacts the soul in the Crest itself, in the form of information. As long as the Crest is given to the next heir within a few weeks and occasionally refueled with magical energy, the soul of its previous user will remain inside it indefinitely.

This process is dissimilar to the Third Magic. As opposed to materialization of the soul, Ontological Rebirth prevents that materialization entirely. In that regard, it's more similar to the method used by Dead Apostles to create Ghouls, by anchoring the soul to a part of the body. Transferring a Magic Crest is just transplanting a body part, so the soul is never given a chance to materialize.

Cherubim
    One of the unearthly beings who directly attend to God according to Abrahamic religions. Different sources give conflicting information as to the physical appearance of cherubim, but in western Christian tradition, cherubim have become associated with the Greco-Roman deity Eros, resulting in depictions of cherubim as small, plump, winged boys.

In Greek mythology, Eros was the Greek god of sexual attraction. His Roman counterpart was Cupid. Though he originally had no connection to angels, under Christian influence he often had a dual nature as Heavenly and Earthly love. In contemporary popular culture, Cupid is shown drawing his bow to inspire romantic love, often as an icon of Valentine's Day. When passion or love is born between two people, it means Cupid has struck them with his arrow.

For better or worse, a former God is now thought of as an angel of love, a guardian angel that only appears under certain special circumstances. However, those circumstances can be replicated. If summoned at a certain place, at a certain time, with certain preparations, it wouldn't be impossible to capture and restrain a cherubim.

Succession Ritual
    When a Custard receives the Magical Crest from the deceased head of family, a ritual is performed nearly concurrently, summoning the being that has been bound to their bloodline since its inception: a guardian angel.

This angel's true form is unknown, for the ritual is kept highly secret. It is hypothesized that at some point in the past, the first Custard managed to materialize, trap, and overpower his own guardian angel. He erased its will and, using the same spell that makes up most of the family Crest, fused his soul with its body, turning it into a familiar bound to his bloodline, a Guardian Spirit.

As souls cannot be transferred into a living being without use of True Magic, this fusion necessitated the killing of both the angel and the Custard ancestor. The resulting creation became a familiar with the properties of both. Normally a Divine Spirit of such rank would resist the invasion of a soul much lower than its own, but due to the Custard Sorcery Trait, it would be possible to create an amalgam.

Because a human soul cannot last forever without a physical body, the fusion will degrade over time and after several years, the bound angel will regain its authority. To counteract this, each successive head of the Custard family has fused their own soul with the angel after death, renewing the contract from both sides continuously. The process of inheriting the family Crest involves expelling the soul trapped within it, fusing it with the contracted angel to bind it as the head of family's personal familiar.

The current driving will in this guardian is not Celia's father. Instead...

Interview
    The following is a minimally-edited transcript of the in-person questioning of Celia Custard. Our own responses are cut out to preserve the flow.

C: “Well, um, I don’t really know what to tell you. I’m a fairly normal student, I’d say. If you read my papers, you’ll see there’s nothing there worth getting excited about. In my free time I like walking the city and eating funnel cakes. Sometimes I go out and feed the birds, but I can’t do that for very long. Partnership? Well, I mean, I’ve tried, but that’s kind of…”

(At this point, J appears. See Case File #4049-B for more details.)

J: “Gahahaha! She’s useless, but the guys she likes are even more useless so it’s no good! Girl’s got no sense! No romance! She's like a teenager!”

C: “Grampa, I’m seventeen.”

J: “I won’t allow it. It’s gotta be a girl from a good family! One that’ll give our bloodline a shock to the heart! Otherwise the kids’ll end up even worse than the current generation!”

C: “Grampa, that’s impossible.”

J: “Oh please, you don’t even know what kinds of spells I’ve been keeping from you. How do you think Merlin did it, huh? Huh!?”

C: “I’m really, really sorry about this. It’s hard to keep him quiet when he gets set off. Grampa is just a bit… old. He’s been hanging on for a really long time, longer than any of the others.”

J: “And I’ll stay around until there’s a proper successor! You hear me, Huey? You were the most spineless son ever! Even your useless daughter is more admirable! I’ll never make you heir!”

(Hubert Custard has been dead for sixteen years, Jaques Custard for over a hundred.)

C: “I can’t really uh, get rid of him. It’s how our Crest works. He won’t go away until I give him another heir. But, um, it’s kinda tough to get a boyfriend with Grampa around, and he’s a bit… picky.”

J: “Gahahaha! Maybe if you give me one of those sexy Barthomeloi girls, I’ll consider it!”

End of interview. Conclusion: Jaques Custard is many times more dangerous than his grand-daughter. While he continues to exist, caution is advised.

Characteristics of a Guardian
    The guardian, hereafter synonymous with Jaques Custard, possesses abilities based on both its original form and the soul of its current personality. It is normally an incorporeal Holy Spirit without form that silently follows Celia wherever she is, but a secondary spell contained within the Custard Crest can manifest Jaques in a physical body for a period of time. This is a taxing process only possible due to Celia's naturally high circuit count and quality, and even then only for minutes at a time.

Records indicate that, while alive, Jaques was a talented magus that favored Fire-aligned thaumaturgy. He retains his knowledge and when manifested can use his spells as if he were still alive. The quality of his current container has given him superhuman speed, strength, and constitution, and when manifested he is a dangerous foe. Past records indicate his personality has been relatively unchanged by his transformation, save for a renewed interest in all matters related to courtship and an eagerness to dispense "love advice".

The original angel was a cherubim type that appeared to grant revelations concerning lust and attraction. It possesses Jewel-ranked Mystic Eyes of Love Perception. Rather than an ability to create love, it can perceive the routes along which love might bloom between two people, and accurately move to make those conditions occur. Jaques has similarly inherited this ability, as has each successive Custard spirit before him, and uses it to dispense advice regularly, though his grand-daughter insists she has never followed it.

Future
    The Custards aim to reach the Akashic Records by climbing up the chain they have grasped one link of. Efforts to broaden the available information granted by their guardian spirit over the years have failed; it seems each angel is specialized in its function and cannot access information it was not created for. This hasn't stopped them from trying. Over several generations, by using their guardian angel to introduce powerful bloodlines into their lineage, the average circuit count and quality of each Custard has risen drastically and they have been able to manifest their guardian angel more strongly.

In that light, while the danger level of the current heir is low, caution should be taken. In the future, should any illicit affairs occur, a swift Sealing is recommended.

JP Friend Code
    Huh?
    Blog Entries
    B-but Virgin is not a personalityー

Execute C:\local\lib\toh.exe?
    ---
    Dreams of swallow cuts.
    ---
    summs up a lot of my ironic weeaboo circles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    people who have waifus are necessarily mentally ill

JP Friend Code