US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Too bad it'll prolly end up as dead all every other fallatan fic. :V

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, Sword Vector finished, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    I'll second the +1, even knowing that I will never see the end of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Blog Entries
    Same +1 to Fallatan fic.

It's another Neverending Story : ^)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    My head cannon of what CG Archer did: Caladbog a convoy of ebola/anthrax/smallpox ridden victims on their way to some international airport to get treatment. Saved several billion people from an epidemic at the cost of a few people.

Edit: And diseased free red-cross doctor goes out with the patients simply because he/she just happens to be right next to them.
    Last edited by Sleepy100; June 3rd, 2015 at 11:26 PM.
    "But do not misunderstand. The superhero you are being is no more than a cleaner. Know that the only people you can save like that are the ones that survive." - Archer

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    It must be really strong.

Anyway, +1 to Straight Edge, by fallacies

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    It must be really strong.
    Ah right. Half asleep and spell check marked it in red.
    "But do not misunderstand. The superhero you are being is no more than a cleaner. Know that the only people you can save like that are the ones that survive." - Archer

Fate: Covenant Apotheosis just updated.

It was mostly a chapter about CC and flashbacks, it had some interesting tidbits of information in it.

I'm going to hold off on reccing it for a few more chapters, at least until the actual war starts.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nick View Post
    Fate: Covenant Apotheosis just updated.

It was mostly a chapter about CC and flashbacks, it had some interesting tidbits of information in it.

I'm going to hold off on reccing it for a few more chapters, at least until the actual war starts.
    Might be awhile given how long it went between this update and the last. I legitimately thought it had died. Well, glad to see it back, at any rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

The Warrior of the Shadows kinlyki's Avatar
    +1 to A Demon Lord's Hero by Fahad09
    This first looks like a typical Highschool DxD and Nasuverse crossover, where Shirou is thrown into DxDverse and turned into a Devil.
    However it is a lot better than the others just by the first difference, Shirou is not a Pawn of Gremory's. He is the Queen piece of Serafall Leviathan and the good stuff just snowballs from there. The author HAS taken a few liberties with DxDverse canon, and that's about the only bad thing I can see about it.

I haven't bothered to count his update speed(though he has been picking up the pace with the last two chapters), but he normally posts his chapter progress on his profile.
    With each day, one draws closer to death,

With each day, one expends more of one's life,

With each day, one obtains more memories,

With each day, one gets closer to losing them all.

First post here... And I've been avoiding it for some reason.

Anyway, -1 for https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10710606/...on-Lord-s-Hero.

While the writing is good, my main gripe with it is how the writer tries to reason their bashing of characters and how they ignore canon facts when it just suits them.

First. Sirzechs and the devils. They overthrew the old devil faction for one very good reason. To not become them. And the writer just ignores this fact and chooses to make him the bad guy with the good guy farce with the ultra bad guy plot. Contrived? Yes. But nonetheless true.

And while I agree that Asia is an unrealistic character, is that enough reason to just outright change her to fit your point of view better? And while Kokabiel is a well done character. The fact that he is practically an OC in itself just makes me want to scream "Write your own character and leave the others be."

And the way he chooses to extol characters while outright making others pathetic... Is well, pathetic. Honestly. Sona and Rias both had similar circumstances. Just because one is focused on doesn't make the other useless.

All in all, the writing is good. But that's all it has going for it. Even though the premise is different than the other DxD crossovers out there, that does not make up the numerous other bad parts about it.

This piece of work literally taught be that good writing =/= a good written work.

And while I am an honest to goodness Shirou Emiya fan. There is no way a single devil - even a queen - can take on more than 200 fallen angels alone.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    -1 to Demon lords hero

I'm sorry, but I read this before, dropped it and tried to read again, then just stopped trying altogether. I does have it's really good points, the technical side of the writing is solid sans a few grammar mistakes and questionable sentence structures. But overall, it's not the type of story I would recommend.

One point in this is because of the liberties taken with Shirou's character, and the overall butchering of him in general. It's Shirou, but in name only. It's not Shirou you see in that fic, but the author inserting himself and running around as the character and over-blowing him and making him overshadow the rest of the cast.

Secondly is how he handles the rest of the characters. Well let's see, the first chapters are about the characters sitting around talking about Shirou's epicness and how he went toe to toe with this godly character. Then they ask him to train him because they know about how awesome he is and how he should teach them his ways. Then the author goes to the long and really tedious explanation of why he should that ends with Shirou owning them with a lecture about how they aren't all that great.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but this is one of those stories that's all about a character named Shirou(but not the Shirou that we know from FSN) being wanked to hell and back.

So TL;DR: This is a technically sound story, but fails in characterization and overall focus.
    Last edited by DreamsRequiem; June 6th, 2015 at 02:40 PM.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    man, i was gonna write my own review until i realized i already did

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    wat
    where.

FGO NA Support:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eh, it's short. Was negative too, though it was more because of "technical" stuff (read: "anime" in written form)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post

I admittedly can't complain much about the mechanics (other than randomly giving Shirou a dual origin, like why?), but I can complain that it was just a pain to read. Like, you know how some authors try to write in "anime visuals" into a written form? It does that. Too much for its own good.
    Spoiler:
    "Ehh~~~!" Saji yelled out in surprise,
    "Ehh~~~~~!" Saji shouted in shock and truthfully she couldn't blame him for his reaction, as that was the same response that every Devil in that room gave at the news,
    "Ehh~~~~~~~~!" Saji ended up screaming so loud that the windows shook in their frames. Every Council member in the room reflexively clamped their ears, while poor Ruruko had almost fallen over as she jumped back in fright.
    For a single moment, the entire Counsel room became so silent that you could have hear a pin drop before the silence was abruptly broken by the combined yells of shock from her each and every one of her Peerage.

"EHHH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~!"

also this
    There sitting stock still before her was a completely frozen Saji. Jaw hanging open and eyes wide in shock, his skin having paled by several shades, he remained seated completely motionless befor

US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    ahh, I should read the index more.

FGO NA Support:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Eh, more reviews is never really a bad thing

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6372400/27/Chaos-Theory updated with a mood whiplash compared to last chapter.

US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Even Mozco knows that it's time to wrap it up. Good on him, he knows that the story has gone on too long.

FGO NA Support:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Having Archer tap into his yamato origins was cool but wasn't the thing about Zateki that it was a way of being and that Archer didn't need to use the japanese type of archery just have the mindset? Or maybe yamato styles just get a bonus in fuyuki.