Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Vestigial Mercies [young Kirei in Shirou's place]

Vestigial Mercies [young Kirei in Shirou's place]

This came from a discussion on the "Ideas" thread. I don't have experience with Kirei, and I wrote this quickly, so my apologies for any errors or sloppy bits.

CONTENTS

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Omake #1
    Chapter 4
    Omake #2
    Omake #3
    Chapter 5
    Omake #4

A Very AU 5th War Drabble:
    Kiritsugu pulls a young Kirei out of the fire instead of Shirou.

Notes:

The fire helped distort Kirei even further (if that’s even possible), and brought the weirder stuff closer to the surface of his personality. Plus, he’s not quite old enough here to have suppressed his nature as well as he did in canon.

Like canon Kirei, though, he’s been swept up in the Kotomine-Tohsaka alliance.

Incidentally, the canon “adult” Kirei we all know and love didn’t participate in the Fourth War, because he didn’t exist as such. Risei Kotomine had no biological son in this continuity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vestigial Mercies

I was born in an inferno.

Others might object to this accounting, since I was five or six years old at the time.

But that fire was like a mother to me. My first memories preserve her caress at my birth. I found it painful at the time. The fire that charred the building’s other occupants suckled me on their smoke. Even then, I drank suffering. When I tried to stand, my new provider draped me in robes of magefire and mud.

But if the inferno was my mother, the man who pulled me from her embrace was my father. He was tall. A torn trench coat hung from his shoulders. His hair might have always been messy, but I guess the smoke hadn’t helped. His pupils were wide and black, like a snake’s. Yet tears dripped from them.

He was crying when he pulled me out. Crying and smiling all at once. I looked down. A spot on the man’s coat glistened, and the effect renewed itself every few seconds. He was bleeding, I realized. Dying.

“I saved you,” the man kept saying.

If only he’d known what a worthless prize he’d pulled from the fire. I wondered about that. Still do. It would have been glorious to see the look on his face if I’d told him. He was so very close to breaking; a nudge would have done the trick. But I was in pain, and I could only whimper. This was probably best for both of us.

The man survived just long enough to drag me to the Kotomine Church, where my other Father received me. I use “Father” in both senses, by the way. I became a member of his flock. I’m also his adopted son.

My rescuer died shortly thereafter.

None of my metaphorical parents were very long-lived, I’m afraid. My adopted one lasted a little longer.

He did his best with me, anyway. Risei Kotomine was too kind for his own good, as Heaven’s Feel referees go. Guilt probably played a role. He chose not to turn out the thing that he’d given his name to, even after he’d realized what I was. If he’d killed me then, as he should have —

Ah…

That ‘if’ again.

But he didn’t. He taught me instead. And I learned. The Saints came first, before Father recognized my corruption. I remember sitting awake at night, thinking about Thomas Becket in his hair-shirt. I would turn the image over in my mind, again and again. I imagined the lice and fleas in the shirt biting him. Stinging. Drinking blood.

I pictured the way they must have tortured a man in his fifties, his body already sagging and dissipated from a life of debauchery before his consecration. The catching breaths in the night as he felt the insects nip him. He must have wanted to rip the accursed thing off so very badly. Above all, I reflected that it had proved a meaningless sacrifice, in the end. Henry’s knights had splattered Thomas across Canterbury Cathedral. Had the lice still nipped him as he’d watched his blood flow onto the floor? Too late now. It’s all gone.

But Father gave me Saint Ignatius as well, and Ignatius gave me his exercises. These, too, I would turn over again and again in my mind.

The first annotation is that by the name of Spiritual Exercises is understood any method of examining one’s own conscience; also of meditating, contemplating, praying mentally and vocally, and, finally, of performing any other spiritual operations . . .

Ignatius’s lessons didn’t calm, but they quieted. I found that they were enough for the moment.

But Father also needed a combatant for the next War, which was on its way much sooner than expected.

Father’s associates showed me the Black Keys. Their lessons were a little more practical, and would serve me well enough when Heaven’s Feel arrived. Executors make good teachers.

At last, the old man died.

As he lay in that candlelit cellar, in that moth-eaten bed, he asked me whether I had come to know peace. His eyes held such hope. And what was I supposed to say to him?

. . . For as to walk, to travel, and to run are bodily exercises, so also to prepare and dispose the soul to remove all ill-ordered affectations . . .

I could foresee his pained expression if I’d told the truth. A delectable torment. How is a dying father supposed to react when his son tells him that he would have preferred to kill him personally? How I ached to find out.

I lied, in the end. I was supposed to lie. The lesser of two evils.

I dislike lying.

Heaven’s Feel came a year later, when I was seventeen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I opened the door, still slightly out of breath. My skin still tingled from the Tohsaka bounded field. Remnants of its magical energy stuck to my circuits like little electrically charged barbs. They’d fizzle out after a while.

“Rin?”

The house echoed. She’d ordered the servants to leave days ago. The place smelled of ancient wood infused with incense. It was evening, and the candles flickered, painting the walls with shadows. Crystals on the mantelpiece glittered every time the flames wavered. A jewel-encrusted statue of a mockingbird watched me through opal eyes, heavy with prana. All very atmospheric.

Down the hall, a grandfather clock chimed. Ten minutes late.

The stairs creaked. A vision of annoyance in a miniskirt, stockings, and pigtails glared down at me. Rin Tohsaka gripped the banister.

“Well?” she said.

“I’m late,” I said.

“Yes. Yes, you are. And it’s ‘Miss Tohsaka’ to you, apprentice.”

“Of course…mistress?”

Rin’s lips pursed. A curious shade of pink tinged her cheeks.

“I…R-Rin will suffice during Heaven’s Feel! As long as you remember who’s in charge.”

I fought down a smirk. Rin was always delightfully easy to annoy; so much so that I partly blame her for what happened in the end. It’s always the little pleasures that trip you up. A stammer instead of a scream of pain. A fist clenched against the hem of a dress.

Rin was a friend, of sorts. Albeit a slightly abusive and domineering one. She wrinkled her nose.

“You stink.”

And direct. I forgot direct.

“Just finished baji,” I said. “You wouldn’t have wanted me to make you wait even longer, would you?”

She frowned.

“Bajiquan? But when I invited you to…um…t-to train with me, you said—“

I shrugged, and took an orange from the bowl on the table. It rocked back and forth in my palm. With a slight inclination of my wrist, I let it roll down the back of my forearm.

“The mood took me,” I said. “Baji this month…next month, who knows?”

She huffed, and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Not only a fake priest, but a dilettante,” she said. “First it’s Black Keys, and then healing spells, and then gemcraft, reinforcement, exorcisms, bajiqu—“

I held up a finger.

“Fake priest-in-training,” I said. “I haven’t taken a vow of celibacy yet.”

“I…Don’t talk about such things! And put that orange back. It’s expensive.”

I rolled the orange back up my sleeve, and let it drop into the bowl with a plunk.

“Besides,” I said, “I wouldn’t want to encourage the heiress of the Tohsaka family to do something as unladylike as brawling with me. I still hope to preside at your wedding someday. Even if I am a fake priest.”

I’ve occasionally wondered whether Rin wore long-sleeved red shirts to make her blushing appear look less radiant by comparison. Not that it worked very well.

“Y-You…!” she said. “Why did your father give me such a perverted apprentice?”

“Now, now, Rin,” I said. “Marriage is a sacred institution.”

“You always talk about it with that creepy smirk of yours!”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“And there it is again,” she said. “I swear, why I put up with you is beyond me.”

“Truly, you have the patience of a saint.”

And what a saint she would have made. Like Simeon Stylites, maybe. I could imagine Rin living out her life on top of a pillar, her skin cracked and sunburned from the desert heat. Hundreds of genuflections would waste her frame away until it became skeletal; an emaciated vessel for her soul. Ulcers and sores would wrack her mortified body. And how her joints would scream when she tied herself to a stake, to stand upright during Lent.

Rin’s pride would keep her there long, long after she realized she’d made a mistake. Her beauty would have already faded by then. When she realized how she’d wasted her life, what a fall would come…

…Stop.

I dug a thumbnail into the middle finger of my left hand. Deeply. It was an old standby. After my index finger had gone numb years ago, I’d just moved over a digit. I hadn’t healed either of them.

The daydream dispersed. My pulse slowed. I felt my stomach churn slightly at the memory.

“Hey. You’re spacing out again, Kirei.”

I blinked.

“Er…who are you summoning, again?” I said.

Rin’s eyes drifted to a red linen cloth on the dining room table. She lifted it and revealed a snakeskin. I recognized the artifact from the Tohsaka family vault; Rin’s father had used it during the Fourth War. Not that it had helped him much against the Magus Killer.

Ah, Rin. Traditional as always. How long will you walk in your dead father’s footsteps, I wonder…?

“What about you?” she said. “Which Heroic Spirit are you summoning?

I grinned.

“It’s a surprise,” I said.

“It’s -- wait, what? This isn’t a birthday present, you idiot!”

I sighed and leaned back in a chair, crossing my legs in the process. The cushions yielded obligingly.

I spread my arms.

“Rejoice, Rin!” I said. “My Servant will be your eyes and ears. And together, you and I are going to win this War.”

Rin just rolled her eyes.
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; June 13th, 2013 at 10:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    If nothing else, the Rin/Kirei interactions here are very funny Good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You crazy son of a bitch, you went ahead and did it.

And it is GLORIOUS! Holy shite, this narration. It is soooo enjoyable, somehow. And Kirei's wit at action with Rin, Christ Almighty, this is is priceless.
    Definitely gonna be following this.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    O_O

I'm in love. Kirei is awesome, so I story with Kirei in Shirou's place? A protagonist? Fucking A. I love his backstory and set-up, I love his interaction with Rin and how he needles her....

For the love of God continue this. It's beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    ...I have mixed feelings about this...
    But I like it despite those. Continue, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So we've got Rin and Kirei confirmed. Sakura/Shinji, Caster, and Illya are likely. Assuming Caster summons a gate guard that's still one position to be filled. Bazett maybe?

Blog Entries
    Without Kirei to screw Bazett over, she seems like a strong contender. Caster may not get to summon though, because Shirou and Rin aren't holding up the line here. There's two positions left, and Kotomine clearly intends to summon True Assassin and Rin summon Gilgamesh. For some class.

Will Saber find her way back onto the battlefield? Kotomine doesn't sound like he got Shirou's Sword Origin. Kirei could get Saber though, if he does have Avalon and just didn't change Origins. That would be fun to read, and would stay close to canon.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

The Raging Fantastic Magnum Fancy Face the First's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kotomine! Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    Karna would totally sympathize with Shinji.

"Bro, your family does not want you either? We will show them, by killing everyone."
    "Nukes, nukes everywhere."
    [*ruby=text on top]text on bottom[/*ruby]

Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Without Kirei to screw Bazett over, she seems like a strong contender.
    Actually it was Kirei who invited Bazett to participate after meeting her and becoming "friends." So I wonder who her replacement would be...

EDIT: No Kirei also means... no Gilgamesh?

EDIT 2: With Kirei as the protag... I wonder whether Angra Mainyu will be born in this world...

My imagination is going wild. Awesome.
    Last edited by Junky; July 13th, 2012 at 12:38 AM.

Fanfiction
    Tabula Rasa

Its glorious!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    Actually it was Kirei who invited Bazett to participate after meeting her and becoming "friends." So I wonder who her replacement would be...
    Hmm, good point....

EDIT: No Kirei also means... no Gilgamesh?
    Kirei says Tokiomi summoned Gilgamesh last war. The big question is whether that Gilgamesh is still around, and did Tokiomi still get betrayed?

EDIT 2: With Kirei as the protag... I wonder whether Angra Mainyu will be born in this world...

My imagination is going wild. Awesome.
    Indeed.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    This is excellent. Only thing I would quibble with is I think he would be more devout and try to suppress his urges more. He's already reveling in them.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    Or keep her. Any Fic is better with Bazett... (also Sion)

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And what a saint she would have made. Like Simeon Stylites, maybe. I could imagine Rin living out her life on top of a pillar, her skin cracked and sunburned from the desert heat. Hundreds of genuflections would waste her frame away until it became skeletal; an emaciated vessel for her soul. Ulcers and sores would wrack her mortified body. And how her joints would scream when she tied herself to a stake, to stand upright during Lent.

Congratulations, that was beautiful. Kotomine resists, and yet he succumbs. Fantastic and fascinating.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

US Friend Code
    This is good, I can't wait to see how Gilgamesh deals with Kirei.
    何処に行くの

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    ILU for this.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Kirei's internal monologue...they are GLORIOUS!

Can't wait to find out who his Servant will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgo Jenkins View Post
    “Of course…mistress?”

Rin’s lips pursed. A curious shade of pink tinged her cheeks.

“I…R-Rin will suffice during Heaven’s Feel! As long as you remember who’s in charge.”
    I’ve occasionally wondered whether Rin wore long-sleeved red shirts to make her blushing appear look less radiant by comparison. Not that it worked very well.

“Y-You…!” she said. “Why did your father give me such a perverted apprentice?”

“Now, now, Rin,” I said. “Marriage is a sacred institution.”

“You always talk about it with that creepy smirk of yours!”
    Oh, Rin, any troll man would do, will it?

Blog Entries
    I thought I was tripping balls for a second, for it seemed too good to be true.

BUT THEN I WAS SMACKED ACROSS THE FACE WITH A BIG OL' SACK OF KIREI LOVE.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS

AND I FUCKING LOVE YOU MAN

Author Notes: I intended this as just a one-shot, but enough people were curious about Servant choices that I decided to at least write a second installment during my commute.

Same caveats apply: I’m not quite sure about the writing quality or other little mistakes because I composed this quickly (sorry in advance), and not sure that I’ve struck the right balance between a teenage Kirei’s pious repression and sadism. Though I think the fire and Risei’s early death would have warped him earlier than in canon. And he'd have to take sterner measures to repress it without his training as a full-fledged Executor.

Also didn’t get much Gil-Kirei interaction with this one, since it’s a little bit of a set-up chapter. They’ll get more screentime together if this continues. Same with Kirei and his new Servant.

Vestigial Mercies #2

I never shared Rin’s obsession with perfection. Not for externals, anyway.

Nevertheless, I’d verified my artifact’s provenience, drawn the circle precisely, and spoken the words with the right intonation. I could only wait now.

Red light filled the room.

The basement smelled like mold. Tokiomi Tohsaka must have used it as a wine cellar once upon a time. Empty casks had been piled in a gigantic heap at the far end. (From what Rin had told me, I suspected that Tokiomi had been a bit of an alcoholic).

Artifacts from generations of Tohsakas lined shelves carved into the rock. Most held books. Jewels peered out from settings in their spines. Everywhere I looked, a gem winked back at me. The summoning circle’s light gave the gramophone by the door a reddish sheen.

Light glared. I shut my eyes. When it began to shine through my closed eyelids, I held a hand in front of my face until it dimmed.

Finally, it did.

A girl stood before me. She was blond, with a short purple mantelet on her shoulders. A sort of steel tiara rested on her forehead, defying gravity in the process.

Her hair reminded me of straw. It was long, jagged, and stringy. A thick ponytail hung down her back, nearly reaching her kneecap. Like rope. Her face was stunning. Young, fine-featured, and blue-eyed.

“I am Servant Saber,” she said. “And I ask of you: Are you my Master?”

“Either that, or I somehow killed your master, stole her command seals, and hijacked her summoning ceremony.”

The Servant paused.

“…Did you?”

“No.”

Her brow furrowed, eyes narrowing ever-so-slightly as the silence stretched. I noticed that her gauntlets had tightened around a rather sharp-looking sword. Finally, though--

“…Perhaps we should try this again,” she said. “I am Joan of Arc, acting as Servant Saber. Who are you?”

I grinned and showed her the back of my hand. My Command Seals were flame-shaped swirls that looked a little like winged snakes.

“I’m Kirei Kotomine. Welcome to the War, Maid of Orleans.”

“I’m pleased to make your acquaintance, Kirei. Though our introduction was a bit…unconventional.”

My name rolled off her tongue with that guttural French ‘r’. Her voice was softer than I’d expected. How she’d ever shouted orders on a battlefield was beyond me.

“Perhaps I could get you some different clothes?” I said.

Joan looked down.

While a segmented steel cuirass covered her torso, her legs were rather more prominently displayed. A slit ran down the hem of her skirt, revealing black stockings and uncovered thighs. They were rather shapely, as thighs go.

Still, it wouldn’t have done to have people ogling the woman who’d massacred half the English in Champagne-Ardenne.

“I…ah…”

“My father always suspected that the Vessel was a bit of a pervert,” I said. “Just be happy you didn’t end up like Astolfo.”

“Wasn’t Astolfo a man?” she said.

“As I said, just be happy you—“

“Never mind.”

An explosion interrupted us.

It was deafening. My ears rang. The building rumbled as if an earthquake had hit it. Dust drizzled from the ceiling. Candles flickered or went out entirely.

“Rin,” I said.

“Who?”

If our will becomes more inclined to one person than to another (this cannot be helped, because it is natural – it often leads us to love the person who has the most faults if she is the most richly endowed by nature), we must exercise a firm restraint on ourselves and not allow ourselves to be conquered by our affection --

I was already running for the stairs.

“A friend,” I said. “We were summoning Servants at the same time.”

“At the same…what?”

Joan’s greaves glittered as she raced up the steps alongside me. I pulled the door open. The hinges screeched.

I choked on a cloud of smoke. The dining room’s air was practically opaque.

Had something gone wrong?

Better question: What had gone wrong?

Had it been a mistake in the summoning itself? Or had the King of Heroes proved less tractable than we’d expected? Would I find Rin dismembered by his noble phantasms?

Dismembered…and mutilated, perhaps? Phantasms are said to do terrible things to mortal flesh. Some of them rotted skin in an instant, leaving the nerve endings intact. Others boiled blood. Or manipulated consciousness. Eternities of pain could be compressed into a single dagger thrust. How long would it take for Rin to break under an assault like that? For her proud psyche to buckle and shatter…a metaphysical husk in a still-living body. How much—

Stop. Stop. Stop.

I hissed as my palm tightened on the Azoth blade. And I counted: ten, nine, eight, seven…

One of Rin’s gifts, ironically. The Azoth Dagger had also been useful during the summoning ritual. It stored prana extremely well.

Joan’s eyes widened.

“What are you—“

“Administering a lesson,” I said.

I waved my hand at the cloudy air. The dust had cleared enough to reveal another flight of stairs. I headed for them.

“Some people never learn,” I added.

I brushed past Joan, ignoring the rather puzzled expression on my Servant’s face. It’s a pity that people don’t appreciate my sense of humor.

Blood dripped on the steps. I’d let it sting a while longer. Spare the rod and all that…

We happened upon an interesting scene. I say “we” because Joan jumped in front of me as soon as she sensed the other Servant.

The King of Heroes lived up to his reputation. He wore golden plate armor from head to toe, along with golden earrings, a gold-and-red sword, and an assortment of other golden accessories. His light blond hair matched the rest of his costume. The follicles stuck straight up, as if he’d slathered them in hair gel.

Rin had crumpled into a heap over a broken table, covered in soot. A dull, cracked gem lay beside her.

While her predicament didn’t satisfy my wildest imaginings, it had a certain understated charm. Rin gulped air convulsively. She clutched her stomach as she gasped, massaging what must have been a bruised solar plexus. A tear or two may have even been forming. All that it lacked was a cut lip and a few more welts.

I swallowed and forced myself to turn away. A shudder ran down my spine.

Rin’s new Servant snorted.

“Well…more women and children, eh? So the mongrel has associates. Perhaps she’s useful for something besides blowing herself up.”

Dap.

Dap.

Dap.

The King of Heroes looked at the rapidly forming puddle on the floor, and raised an eyebrow.

Oh, right. The wound on my hand. I muttered a healing Aria.

His red eyes alighted on Joan.

“Ho-oh…and what’s this delicacy, boy?” he said. “A present for your King?”

Joan raised her sword. The Golden King’s smile only grew. The air shimmered behind him, rippling like water disturbed by a pebble. He pulled out a sword, hilt-first. His eyes traced up Joan’s stockings.

Chains clinked behind the veil of light. I summoned Black Keys between my fingers, although I doubted that they’d do much good.

“Rin?” I said. “If you’re okay now, you’d better get up. Your Servant’s getting frisky.”

Rin staggered to her feet. The King of Heroes kept his eyes on Joan.

“Impressive Noble Phantasm,” Rin said. “The Gate of Babylon, isn’t it?”

His smile dimmed slightly. He waved his hand.

“Yes, it is. Though I don’t recall giving you permission to address me, girl.”

Rin rolled up her sleeve.

“I have the Command Seals.”

He flicked the tip of Joan’s sword with his finger. The ting echoed through the attic.

“Pfft. As if I care. Use them without my permission and you die. Now then…where were we?”

He resumed leering at my Servant.

“I figured you’d say that,” Rin said.

Rin Tohsaka had not been idle in the years after her father’s death. Tokiomi had left volumes of notes in the attic. The man had kept writing throughout the Fourth War.

Rin’s forearm glowed, casting shadows under her eyes. Her black hair fluttered.

“By my Command Seal,” she said, “I order you: bind yourself to my service. Use any magical contracts or artifacts from the Gate of Babylon. And I’m guessing you have lots of those.”

The Golden King froze.

His hand shook, probably halfway between opening the treasure vault and lunging for the sword hilt that still hung in the air.

“Wh-WHAT!?” he said. “You impertinent little bitch. You dare to—“

“…By my second Command Seal, I repeat my first order.”

A golden key shimmered into existence in his hand. The treasure vault unlatched with a rattling sound that resembled a safe being opened.

“I’ll flay you alive for this,” he said.

Rin smiled.

“Good luck with that.”

Blog Entries
    Well, Kotomine, going to need some good trolling to catch up with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?