Page 39 of 72 FirstFirst ... 293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Requiem (Spoilers Thread)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Type-Rey View Post
    Yeah, that's actually really interesting especially when Karin basically lashed out and told Erice to shut the fuck up when she said her piece about Servants being treated as nothing more than entertaintment. I get that she enjoys watching them fight while eating some popcorn but her reaction kinda seemed a little exagerated. Wonder if there's something more to that reaction or not.
    karin represents the average tiny brain go player upon being told that maybe making servants everything is bad

US Friend Code
    I'm curious to see if any of the SN cast shows up in Fuyuki. I feel that would have to if Erice is going there
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    karin represents the average tiny brain go player upon being told that maybe making servants everything is bad
    So then is Erice the old gen type moon fans that go 'more Notes plz' or 'Tsuki:Re wen?'

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    but then she get a Servant, does that mean she secretly a tsundere toward the setting?

US Friend Code
    Yes to both.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    I think it sounds nice so far. The ridiculousness of the world setting sounds like a "make your own HGW story" taken to the extreme conclusion and being realized since it's clearly self-aware about the popularity of Fate/ spiraling wildly out of control and the synopsis suggesting that'll be the driving conflict of the plot in a meta-commentary sort of narrative.

imo Erice being played straight as the 14 year old servant killer "grim reaper" that kills with evil spirits contained in her body with no place in the world is as chuunibyou as it sounds and there's nothing wrong with that.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see that Chitose(?) is carrying on the time-honored tradition of story-relevant T-M grandparents being questionable--at best--people.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    imo Erice being played straight as the 14 year old servant killer "grim reaper" that kills with evil spirits contained in her body with no place in the world is as chuunibyou as it sounds and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Actually you can't be a Type-Moon MC without being a special snowflake of some kind.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Being a MC in any media means you're a special snowflake.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    One thing I'm glad of is that there's no looming pressure for the servants to die and simulate plot progression. Instead it'll just be whenever Meteo feels like it.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I'm curious to see if any of the SN cast shows up in Fuyuki. I feel that would have to if Erice is going there
    When does Requiem take place?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    but then she get a Servant, does that mean she secretly a tsundere toward the setting?
    The kind of fan that plays FGO daily, maybe even dipping a little bit of money into it, and then screams about how bad new Type Moon is and how the old times were much better. Finally a MC I can self insert to.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    L-look, I'm not playing FGO be-because I like it, okay? Don't get the wrong idea! I only spending money to support TM, b-baka!

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    L-look, I'm not playing FGO be-because I like it, okay? Don't get the wrong idea! I only spending money to support TM, b-baka!
    you are supporting Apple, Google, Sony and Aniplex actually.

tbf it seems like she didn't summon voyager intentionally so in this analogy it's more like Type Moon forcibly downloaded fgo onto her phone and made her play it, which is what I assume is TM's next plan for increasing the number of fgo players, as soon as they finish bribing the appropriate authorities.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    i do like how they’re gonna tackle the whole “our heroic icons who are supposed to inspire us to do better are being reduced to being cheap entertainment slaves”
    Calling them slaves would mean they are forced into it. Are they being obligated into these things, or is it out of their own will? If the latter... there's no real reason to be mad at it, those are their own lives and they can do whatever they want with them as long as they don't hurt others. You aren't obligated to be a larger than life warrior forever if you don't want to, especially once there are no major wars to be fought anymore (and those wars would only hurt mankind anyway), that'd be the real slavery. If you just want to retire into being a public entertainment figure instead that's your own right, others' expectations be damned.

The public hates Blackbeard, so odds are they'd be happy if he were gone? Why to force him to take part in it then? Isn't it more like it should be a thing he wants to do on his own even if the others don't want him to, which is like the complete opposite of slavery?

To all effects they are literally Digimon.

JP Friend Code
    Erice’s job is literally hunting down and performing factory resets on any servant that refuse to be controlled lol what’s not clicking here

Also Blackbeard is there despite being hated by the public precisely because the public want something to mock and degrade for fun

US Friend Code
    If Euclid could cancel at the last minute I doubt any Servants are being forced to do anything.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Even in the regular continuities, and under the supervision of magi who actually are supposed to be taught on how to learn with the supernatural, any Servant with two braincells to rub together can sooner or later work a way around the command seals and screw over a Master trying to force them into things they don't want to do. I doubt the average legendary figure who got there by being literally better and bigger than common man can be pushed around so easily for years and years when most of people aren't even magi to begin with.