Page 14 of 66 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192464 ... LastLast

Thread: Common TM Fanon and Misconceptions

I mean homunculi are just dolls.

juba isn’t even a magus either, he’s an iPad/castle.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post

I mean, Ilya was modified in the womb too, and her father allowed it to happen. Nobody ever talks about that. Plus that whole sending the naive homunculi into the forest full of horrid wraiths, spirits, and wolves n' shit.
    while that is true the majority of Illya’s modifications only came after the 4th war happened. While it was noted that she was smaller then kids her age I think that was basically the most of her downsides.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    while that is true the majority of Illya’s modifications only came after the 4th war happened. While it was noted that she was smaller then kids her age I think that was basically the most of her downsides.
    lol no
    “From now on, she will be first and foremost an imitation of a human. It may be tough, and she might hate the mother who gave her such a painful life. But, despite that, I am happy. This child is lovely; she is splendid.”

Her appearance is nothing unusual, and, looking at her, she is a lovely baby, yet —

While inside the mother’s womb, a number of magical treatments were conducted on the unborn body to rearrange it so that, even more than her mother, she was different from humans. Although it was born, its usefulness was restricted, so that it would be a body that is a mere cluster of magic circuits. This is the true nature of Irisviel’s beloved daughter.

Despite such a cruel birth, Irisviel still said, “Fine.” Giving birth to such a thing, being born as such a thing, she loves this existence, finds pride in it, and smiles.
    Having no experience in raising children before Ilyasviel, Kiritsugu doesn't know how they grow up. But he understands that it isn't normal for his daughter, who turns 8 this year, to weigh 15 kilos.

Perhaps, the absurd adjustments she received at birth are the reason. To Kiritsugu and Irisviel, it was obvious she would be late in reaching adulthood. Will her body turn into that of an adult as years pass or not?

No, rather, they had no hope. As a magus, Kiritsugu has already closed his ruthless diagnosis. There is 80 to 90% chances that Ilyasviel's growth will stop before her secondary sex characteristic appear.

Even so, rather than seeing her future as bad luck, she must have plenty of happiness— that wish is only the parents' ego. Yet, the pain of that thought drilling his chest was proof of the love of the man named Kiritsugu.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Guess I misremembered then, pretty that was something I read over some material. Guess not then
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    She was modified as a backup in case Iri failed right?

Is there anything Kiritsugu could've done to prevent that? Or probably not?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Iunno, does it seem like a problem that Murder can solve?

Blog Entries
    Whatever fanon sprouts from the popular (harem?) fanfics. I have no idea what though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    Whatever fanon sprouts from the popular (harem?) fanfics. I have no idea what though.
    Beyond most people copying GB for like ping-pong Fragarach or Shirou is techno-illiterate and other stuff he did, what other harem stories have made any real fanon?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Hill of Swords and In Flight are probably guilty of quite a few, but I've read them so many times I've lost track of which parts aren't actually in canon.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    She was modified as a backup in case Iri failed right?

Is there anything Kiritsugu could've done to prevent that? Or probably not?
    The thing we always go to in conversations like this is , "yes, it could have been prevented if the parents didn't have the flaws or changed themselves for their children"(which is an alarming amount of parents in this universe).
    If Iri didn't wholesale commit to her "fate" and her being entirely committed to Kerry's ideals without understanding them, and if Kerry saw past his ideal to make a happier life for his family, then maybe. Nothing says he couldn't have stopped the Einzberns from doing the modifications but they likely would have no saled his plans for the grail, and he couldn't have that. He could murder them, but again, then the grail is lost to him then.
    Personality wise, the only way to get him to stop these modifications from happening is for someone to have told him the grail was ruined decades ago and the ritual is a sham, otherwise, nope, him and Iri ain't budging.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    My best guess is Kiritsugu went along with it in the hopes that, in the ideal world his wish would create, he and others could find a way to get Illya to have a normal happy life afterwards, but he probably was thinking it wouldn't work that way even if his utopia was realized.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "My daughter or seven billion people."

It's classic Kerry.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    True. This is the guy who shot an apparation of Ilya in cold blood when the Grail offered him the choice of her and Iri vs everyone else on Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menwearpink View Post
    I mean homunculi are just dolls.

juba isn’t even a magus either, he’s an iPad/castle.
    The castle is the iPad, Jubstacheit is Siri.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    To be fair, what kind of monster would allow their spouse and child live in a ruined Earth with everyone else dead? Many would think that a worse fate than death itself.

Now, Kerry shouldn't have gotten himself into that in the first place when it was just 'my loved ones' lives versus the status quo', but once the ancient evil entity appears and offers you 'these two people or the whole fucking world'... well, could most of us even survive in a world like that anyway? So you've just saved these two people, congratulations, even if Angra changes them from homunculi with limited life spans and doesn't just spare them from immediate killing, and remember he'll always twist wishes to the worst outcomes, you've still just given them a longer agony on a hellish world where they'll be miserable for the rest of their lives.

Although by the time of the Fifth War Illya might find that kind of world actually passable. As long as she has batteries for her games.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    The castle is the iPad, Jubstacheit is Siri.
    Nah

"We lost the grail war... again."
    "Jubstacheit, play despacito."
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ea can destroy a planet should be here I think.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My best guess is Kiritsugu went along with it in the hopes that, in the ideal world his wish would create, he and others could find a way to get Illya to have a normal happy life afterwards, but he probably was thinking it wouldn't work that way even if his utopia was realized.
    Yeah, kind of like how he passed on saving the children who are victims of Gilles thinking that when he got the grail, their deaths would have been worth something.
    Which is ironic because he bitched at Saber for romanticizing sacrifice and missing the point that wars are having people dying pointlessly, when he is pretty much letting people due pointlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Ea can destroy a planet should be here I think.
    How about any NP thats classified as Anti-World?
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Yeah, kind of like how he passed on saving the children who are victims of Gilles thinking that when he got the grail, their deaths would have been worth something.
    Which is ironic because he bitched at Saber for romanticizing sacrifice and missing the point that wars are having people dying pointlessly, when he is pretty much letting people due pointlessly.
    Man, I don't know if I can dislike this guy anymore, but here we are.

World doesn't equal planet.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Kiritsugu didn't bitch at Saber for idolising sacrifice. Hell, her "sacrifice a village so the rest of the country can last a tiny bit longer" mentality as king was probably the only thing they COULD agree on. What he was bitching at her for (or to be fair, his response to her bitching at him first) was her "muh honourable 1v1" mentality, because to him all killing was murder under a different name and glorifying it with concepts like honor and fair fighting was just spraying perfume over shit.

Says something about him, true, but not what you're driving at.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.