Page 3 of 357 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA Anime (no spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    F/SN adaption is one of the best VN to Anime adaptions out there, you know?

The UBW movie not so much.
    Where is the black text...?

Blog Entries
    To be honest, I3uster might be right here. The Fate/Stay Night anime did bring me into the Nasuverse and out of most VN adaptions, it wasn't totally horrible. Sure, the shoehorned HF-ish part was pretty horrible but I think it was okay overall.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I watched it after I read the VN, and I didn't think of it as that bad either (except for the HF-part you mentioned).
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Wait, just remembered, the scene in the house where they reenact the contract breaking in UBW is now pretty hilarious after playing through UBW. IIRC, Caster actually stabbed Saber right? Lost connection to Caliburn, hah.

The F/SN anime nearly put me to sleep. With the exception of maybe the last 1-2 episodes, Berserker vs Archer and Saber vs Assassin, it was kind of... boring.

Not trolling here, this is honestly how I felt about it.

It's okay I suppose, but you lose all the details which for me are what makes TM stuff.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I never saw the Fate anime.

Go me.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Blessed be those those without sin

/Kotomine voice

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    F/SN adaption is one of the best VN to Anime adaptions out there, you know?

The UBW movie not so much.
    You're not serious here, are you? More like one of the worst VN adaptations, the anime was still alright though. The only VN to anime adaptations that I can think of that are worst are Chaos head and Umineko.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ragna92 View Post
    You're not serious here, are you? More like one of the worst VN adaptations, the anime was still alright though. The only VN to anime adaptations that I can think of that are worst are Chaos head and Umineko.
    I can't think of many VN adaptations I'd call better though. I've always felt like it's pretty much Japan's analogue to the U.S. Video Game Movie in terms of quality and success rates.

F/SN at least got the Fate route (mostly) right with a minimum of monologuing and hit all of its bases, though the awkward attempts to integrate UBW and HF bits were definitely a mistake. If I'd watched it first, I think it would've done a good job of making me interested enough in the material to want to see the other two routes by reading the real thing. That's all I really ask for in a VN adaptation. ^^;

I think I made it 8 episodes into the F/sn anime, 19 episodes into Umineko, and 12 or so episodes into Higurashi. I mainly lose interest because I already have the generally better story in my head. I only made it so far into Umineko because it was the first anime adaption I saw of a VN I've finished.
    YOU ARE THE CULPRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    I can't think of many VN adaptations I'd call better though. I've always felt like it's pretty much Japan's analogue to the U.S. Video Game Movie in terms of quality and success rates.

F/SN at least got the Fate route (mostly) right with a minimum of monologuing and hit all of its bases, though the awkward attempts to integrate UBW and HF bits were definitely a mistake. If I'd watched it first, I think it would've done a good job of making me interested enough in the material to want to see the other two routes by reading the real thing. That's all I really ask for in a VN adaptation. ^^;

I can name some right of the top of my head. Clannad, Steinsgate, Kanon, and Higurashi. Yeah in a way it did to it's job as an adaptation. Made people interested enough to play the VN. The thing is that most people can only watch anime and can't play visual novels for some odd reason. So their only way of viewing FSN is the anime.
    Last edited by ragna92; March 12th, 2012 at 08:35 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    The thing is, videogame and VN anime adaptations are inherently doomed to be sub-par because they force you to condense an inherently interactive (and therefore branching) story into a linear path, which will excise a certain amount of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    The thing is, videogame and VN anime adaptations are inherently doomed to be sub-par because they force you to condense an inherently interactive (and therefore branching) story into a linear path, which will excise a certain amount of content.
    Steins;Gate anime adaption was better then sub-par- it was great. I heavily enjoyed it, and got extremely high rankings on several Anime of the Year polls, usually beaten by Madoka. Now that was a good adaptation.

Meanwhile, something that is kind of meh for it's entirety is not a good adaptation, and not a good anime either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    Steins;Gate anime adaption was better then sub-par- it was great. I heavily enjoyed it, and got extremely high rankings on several Anime of the Year polls, usually beaten by Madoka. Now that was a good adaptation.
    What Kyte said doesn't really apply to Steins;Gate, since it's a linear "one route" VN without much interactivity besides "lol texting".

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    What Kyte said doesn't really apply to Steins;Gate, since it's a linear "one route" VN without much interactivity besides "lol texting".
    Well, then why don't you just cut out the other routes?

Just animate one. Atleast it will be one 'good' route rather then a complete trainwreck/snorefest of all the routes.

Also, for that matter, I think the Persona 4 adaptation is pretty good, although IIRC that one has somewhat linear path progression too.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Well, it'd work but you'd still lose content, so yeah.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    Well, then why don't you just cut out the other routes?

Just animate one. Atleast it will be one 'good' route rather then a complete trainwreck/snorefest of all the routes.
    Because that "will excise a certain amount of content", which is what he said.

That's better then condensing everything into one, though.

Blog Entries
    I don't know, in some ways it's worse, since you're usually cutting out about 4/5 of the original's content.