Page 487 of 782 FirstFirst ... 387437477482485486487488489492497537587 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,740 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    GAUUUuuuuu!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    GAUUUuuuuu!
    Probably the easiest time I've had of picking a faceclaim ever, not gonna lie.

Blog Entries
    I dunno what my easiest faceclaim was. Using ProtoSaber for Uther Pendragon has to be up there though.

And then there's the ones where the image came first and inspired me to make a Servant after I saw it.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does it even count as picking a faceclaim when you're just using the canon picture?

If yes, OldShuwen was probably the easiest.

My Berserker Guan Yu was probably the hardest one because i wasn't even sure what i was doing midway through it.

Blog Entries
    No, it doesn't, because they already have the claim. Otherwise I'd have said Mordred.

Blog Entries
    Jekyll was pre-1900. Get your modern filth out of here, Chris.

I would say pre-1914 should count as pre-modern.

Blog Entries
    Nasu said "before the 20th century". He said nothing about them having to be real (lolherkmedusa) but he definitely said "before 20th century". Are you Nasu, Kat? Are you changing the rules? Is this "can't project Excalibur" all over again, Katnoko Nasu?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Nasu said "before the 20th century". He said nothing about them having to be real (lolherkmedusa) but he definitely said "before 20th century". Are you Nasu, Kat? Are you changing the rules? Is this "can't project Excalibur" all over again, Katnoko Nasu?
    Each Heroic Spirit is a unique existence, "the one and only", who each stood out from the others of their time by performing deeds and possessing qualities that no other possessed. They are mostly limited to individuals born before the end of the 19th century due to the development of modern weaponry, but people from modern times and even the future can still become Counter Guardians through contracts with the world.
    By all technicality, going by the statement, so long as they aren't famous because of/with the use of modern arms, someone from the early 20th century could probably at least become an Anti-Hero.

Blog Entries

>Li Shuwen.

Also, mostly.

Blog Entries
    Shuwen actually was born in the 19th century
    He would have like 26 years by the end of the century, so its possible for his legend to start there

- - - Updated - - -

I read when a new chapter comes out online
    i.e: never

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    By all technicality, going by the statement, so long as they aren't famous because of/with the use of modern arms, someone from the early 20th century could probably at least become an Anti-Hero.
    Nah, it's "people born before 20th century because after that modern firearms wipe out legend so go get a Counter Guardian contract after that, okay?" The statement is pretty clear in its structure.

If the concept of Tarzan was born before 1900 in Edgar Rice Burroughs' head then he might slip through, but otherwise he falls into the modern day criteria.
    Also I just like giving you a hard time for shit, I don't really care and he's fine here but fuck it I gotta shit on about something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    >Li Shuwen.

Also, mostly.
    Yeah, mostly. As in "lol go get a contract with the Counter Force" is the exception.

Li Shuwen was born before 1900 so he's fine.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Li Shuwen was born before 1900 so he's fine.
    Does this make Hitler fine too?

Blog Entries
    Li Shuwen is someone that can kill people by touching thenand essentially the strongest martial artist ahort of Buddha
    Unless Hitler has like occult magic, and the Spear of Destiny i dont see much why he would be summoned

Though you can always fluff it out

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Hey, we do have Heroic Spirit Armstrong you know.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Li Shuwen is someone that can kill people by touching thenand essentially the strongest martial artist ahort of Buddha
    That we know of.

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Unless Hitler has like occult magic, and the Spear of Destiny i dont see much why he would be summoned
    I never said he would be worth shit. I just said by definition he easily has the fame and legacy to become an Anti-Hero. A Servant doesnt have to be useful.
    Last edited by Christemo; November 25th, 2014 at 10:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    That we know of.
    A+++ and EX don't have much space left between them, lol.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    A+++ and EX don't have much space left between them, lol.
    There's more space between A+++ and EX than between E- and A+++.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Feeling a Disney mood as of late, so I'm going to get from it all I can.

True Name: Claude Frollo
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Place of Birth: France
    Original Lifetime: 1400's

The tragic story of Frollo
    In his youth, Claude Frollo was a highly knowledgeable but morose young man who was orphaned along with his infant brother Jehan when their parents died of the plague. His studies led him to become the Archdeacon of Josas, which is his position during the events of the novel. He also has a small fief which brings him a little money, most of which goes to fund his brother's alcoholism.

Frollo has a deeply compassionate side. He rescues Quasimodo, a deformed hunchback child whom he finds abandoned on the cathedral's foundlings bed. He adopts him, raises him like a son, cares for him, and teaches him a sort of sign language when Quasimodo becomes deaf. Frollo is a respected scholar and studies several languages, law, medicine, science and theology. However, he becomes infatuated with alchemy, which leads townspeople to spread the rumor that he is a sorcerer. He also believes strongly in fate. When a visitor to Frollo's quarters sees a fly caught in a web and tries to save the fly, Frollo sharply holds him back, saying, "Do not interfere with the workings of fate!" His dour, prematurely aged appearance (at thirty-six he is already nearly bald), as well as his extreme and irrational fear of women, contribute further to his isolation from society.

Frollo also has strong passions, though he is a celibate due to his station within the church. These passions erupt in him through his contact with the beautiful Gypsy girl Esmeralda, and eventually they prove his undoing. He considers her to be a temptation sent by the Devil to test his faith, and begins by cursing her as a demoness, but finds he cannot resist her, and determines to give in to temptation. Esmeralda, however, is repulsed by his impassioned advances. Frollo orders Quasimodo to abduct her, a crime that Frollo himself instigated out of mad lust for her, and then abandons him when the hunchback is suddenly captured by Captain Phoebus de Chateaupers and his guards. Frollo even ignores the poor hunchback when he sees him being publicly tortured for the crime. When Frollo discovers that Esmeralda is in love with Phoebus, he spies on the meeting between them which Esmeralda has arranged – with Phoebus' consent, as Phoebus only wants one night of passion. As Phoebus and Esmeralda prepare to copulate, Frollo, in a jealous rage, stabs Phoebus, and kisses Esmeralda when she faints. He does not attempt to intercede when she is turned over to the magistrate on charges of witchcraft and murder, however, but he stabs himself during her torture and shows her the wound as a proof of his love for her. She is unmoved however, as she is still in love with Phoebus, even after discovering the truth about his infatuation with her, and shortly before her execution he comes completely undone and leaves Paris in a feverish madness, not realizing that his adopted son, Quasimodo, has rescued her from the gallows. When he returns to the news that Esmeralda is still alive, he quickly becomes as jealous of Quasimodo as he was of Phoebus; the thought drives him to further insanity. Frollo later attempts to rape her at her sanctuary in the cathedral, only to be brutally beaten and nearly killed by Quasimodo, who doesn't realize who he is until he staggers into the moonlight. Frollo has had enough, and decides to rid himself of Esmeralda by handing her over to the authorities.

Frollo's time comes when a group of scoundrels, enraged by news that the French monarchy has ordered Esmeralda to be taken from the cathedral and hanged within three days, arms themselves to assault Notre Dame Cathedral. While Quasimodo is busy fighting off the scoundrels, Pierre Gringoire, Esmeralda's husband – whom she only married to save his life – and a hooded figure sneak into the Cathedral and convince Esmeralda to sneak out with them. The man's face is hidden behind a hood, leaving Esmeralda to guess his identity. They flee to a boat on the Seine River, then separate when they head to shore, with Gringoire taking her goat, Djali, and leaving Esmeralda with the unknown man. The hooded figure drags Esmeralda to a nearby gallows and identifies himself as Frollo by removing his hood.

Frollo issues Esmeralda his final ultimatum: either she must accept his love, or he shall hand her over to the authorities. In fact, she refuses to reciprocate, so Frollo leaves Esmeralda to a recluse to hold her for the royal soldiers coming to hang her and goes back to Notre Dame Cathedral. He then walks up to one of the cathedral's towers to watch the girl being hanged, unaware that Quasimodo has spotted him and followed him upstairs. He watches calmly while Esmeralda is taken to the gallows; then when the girl is actually hanged he bursts into an evil laugh – perhaps he is glad to have her out of his life, or perhaps he sees it as retribution for her rejection of him. This is the last that is seen of Esmeralda.

When Quasimodo sees what Frollo has done to Esmeralda's hanging, he becomes enraged and pushes him off the balustrade. A gargoyle stops his fall, and he cries out to Quasimodo for help, but Quasimodo remains silent. Then Frollo falls down off the cathedral, colliding with the roof of a house. He slides down the roof, hits the pavement of the town square, and dies.

Stats:
    STR: E
    AGI: E
    END: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Class Skills:

Territory Creation: B

The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus. Claude can establish a
    Workshop
    "Holy Ground"
    that allows him to boost his abilities as a Magus and disallows the entry of evil spirits. While it can't hold back an evil Servant like an Anti-Hero, it is capable of weakening them somewhat. If Claude was to set up the Holy Ground in Notre Dame like he did in his lifetime, the rank would jump to A+ and generate a Field of Purity based on the Virgin Mary's holiness, causing an extreme weakening effect upon evil Servants and their Noble Phantasms and cancelling out all wicked magecraft.

Item Creation: C

The skill to manufacture magical items. Frollo can produce both alchemical solutions and holy symbols within his Holy Ground. These holy symbols have an adverse effect on evil spirits. As Archdeacon, Frollo had relations and knowledge of the 8th Assembly, and as such is capable of creating even combat holy symbols like Black Keys, though he does not know how to use them himself.

Personal Skills:

Protection of the Faith: A++

A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality.

While Frollo was indeed a genuine servant of God who retained his great faith even through his lust for Esmeralda, the divide in his mind between his duty and his love caused it to collapse entirely over time.

Magecraft: B

The knowledge and ability to use modern Thaumaturgy. While Frollo was a respected scholar in the fields of law, medicine, theology and science, he was above all an alchemist and the town rumors about him being a sorcerer were not incorrect. In addition to his alchemical prowess, Frollo uses holy magic like the Baptismal Sacrament and "sanctioned" black magic.

Compassion For The Broken: B

The inability to not try to help and assist those that are downtrodden and suffer from misfortune. It is a strong desire to give food, shelter, money and other forms of aid to those less fortunate in life than himself, and so long as Frollo's own livelyhood is guaranteed, he will give all that he owns to the weak and the poor who come to him.

High-Speed Incantation: C

The ability to recite spells at high speeds. For Frollo, this ability comes from his extremely fast reading speed, allowing him to be considered a person of wisdom in many advanced fields.

Noble Phantasm:

And He Shall Smite The Wicked And Plunge Them Into The Fiery Pit
    Be Mine Or You Will Burn

A
    Anti-Army

The embodiment of Frollo's ultimatum, it is the grand inferno Frollo made of the Gypsy Quarter to draw Esmeralda out. An ocean of fire is summoned from a pre-made magic circle and spreads into all directions, raging for miles and incinerating everything it touches. While the actual damage of the fire is relatively low, it is to compensate an inescapable inferno, dragging back those who try to run and those in the air with tendrils of fire, as if alive. Once he has summoned the fire, he has no control over it, and unless extinguished by an equally grand Noble Phantasm, it could potentially consume an entire city.
    Last edited by Christemo; February 25th, 2015 at 02:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    I can only applaud your sheet, Chris. It got me into mood to rewatch the movie.

Blog Entries
    I wish I remembered how to ruby text.

Servant:
    Genghis Khan (Temujin, Great Khan, Emperor Fatian Qiyun Shengwu)
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil/Chaotic Good
    Stats:

Strength - C
    Endurance - C
    Agility - C
    Mana - D
    Luck - C
    Noble Phantasm - A

Background: What can be said of the founder and Great Khan of the Mongol Empire that hasn't already been said? Under Khan's guidance, the Mongol Empire was born and expanded on the backs of his horsemen, which were an all but unstoppable force so fierce its soldiers were likened to demons or avenging angels punishing the wickedness of mankind. He united peoples of strikingly different tribes, ethnicities and dispositions through the force of arms and his own iron will, rewarding merit and skill over lineage or inheritance. While the Mongol Empire was a work of tremendous effort and commendation during his lifetime, it would only continue to grow under the guidance of his successors. A controversial figure, he is at once extolled as a great uniter who believed deeply in meritocracy and greatly expanded the likes of the Silk Road to promote greater cultural cross-pollination, but one cannot deny that he was swift and terrible to his enemies, leaving impossibly bloody swaths of devastation in his wake. Like many conquerors, his good or bad for the world is largely left up to personal interpretation.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - D
    Cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. Khan encountered little to no true magecraft during his time on Earth, so the Magic Resistance he possesses stems entirely from his class container.

Riding - A
    All creatures but those of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts.

Personal Skills:

Charisma - A+
    At this point it is no longer Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast-rank can be used as mounts.

Personal Skills:

Charisma - A+
    At this point Khan is no longer popular, but rather possesses an air of persuasive assurance that borders on a curse.

Military Tactics - B
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when defending against an enemy's Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

Divinity - D
    Scattered, unreliable accounts of Khan's alleged divinity satisfy the basic requirements for this skill at a low level.

Sacred Teachings - A
    For all of Khan's conquests and his depiction as a barbarian by his critics, he was a very open-minded and well read man who studied a great many religions and philosophies so as to better understand the world and ruled with religious tolerance. In return for his respect of worship of all manner of gods, all offensive Noble Phantasms, Skills and effects that rely upon a blessing or invocation of gods of any kind (see: Durandal, Brahmastra, etc.) will receive a full one-rank downgrade when wielded against Khan. Defensive blessings such as God Hand remain in full effect, just as weapons crafted by fairies or dwarves such as Excalibur and Balmung will strike with their full power.

Imperial Privilege - B
    Khan learned a great deal in his travels and worked to recreate what he saw as useful and essential to the administration and expansion of his territory. After battling an enemy with a Personal Skill he deems useful, Khan is able to reproduce it with E to B-rank proficiency, depending on how deeply ingrained it is his opponent's history. However, he is not able to mimic Class Skills or Skills that are unique to that Servant.

Noble Phantasms:
    In the Name of Khan
    Emperor's Progeny
    - E
    Anti-Population/Anti-Unit (Mind)
    The Khan seed is notoriously widespread, with some estimates putting relations to Khan at 1 in 200 men. Furthermore, many have claimed a connection to Khan, even if there wasn't necessarily one, for fame or prestige or political purposes. Whether by blood or word, anyone from a family that is truly descended from Khan or has ever stated theirs to be a part of Khan's lineage will serve as a potential ally to Khan when he walks the Earth again. In conjunction with his overwhelming Charisma, anyone in a five kilometer radius who meets the requirements to be an ally to Khan will fall into a trance-like state that compels them to serve the Great Khan. Most will simply lash out at Khan's enemies like berserkers, possessed of all the fierce devotion to their lord that made the Mongol horde so frightening. Their lives mean nothing to them so long as they die in service to their lord. It is possible for Khan to meet with his thralls and issue more complex orders of surveillance or sabotage, but he has little enough control over this effect that it is unlikely he will meet one before they have thrown themselves at an enemy mage or Servant in a futile effort to destroy his enemies.

Furthermore, the effect of this Phantasm is easily broken. A mage need only channel prana through his Magic Circuits to break the effect if he finds himself falling under it, and a particularly strong will or Mental Pollution will disrupt it at will. Indeed, it is an easily broken ability that Khan cannot truly control, making it largely useless as an offensive strategy. However, it best serves him as a psychological weapon, putting enemy Masters in a constant state of high-anxiety as they look over their shoulders at all times, unable to rest or pause adequately for fear that even the most unassuming person could be their killer.

Horse and Rider as One
    A Mongol's Worth
    - A
    Anti-Army

It is said that a Mongolian man is nothing without his horse. Indeed, it is the horseman that is the most enduring image associated with the horde as they cut down their enemies with hooves and arrows. Khan is no exception.

Though an adequate fighter and a formidable archer in his own right, he achieves true greatness only when atop a horse. His Strength, Endurance and Luck receive a full Rank-Up increase on horseback, and he may empower his arrows with the effect of Prana Burst (Lightning), indicative of the thunderous sound of an army of hooves approaching doomed defenders. Even without these benefits, his horse is a beast of a creature, infused with the blood of an unknown Monstrous Beast species many generations ago. The horse alone possesses enough strength to trample a Servant, each hoof landing with the force equivalent to a blow from a Servant with a B in Strength.

If there is one weakness in this Noble Phantasm, it is in the steep price it demands in prana for sustaining an empowered Khan, his monstrous mount and the Lightning Prana Burst. The trick is to kill the enemy before it becomes a problem.

However, by the same token, Khan is an example of the Rider class as a Servant who is largely unremarkable without his Noble Phantasm. He is not helpless without his horse, but cutting the beast out from under him will leave him with mediocre stats and precious little prana.
    Last edited by Imperial; November 26th, 2014 at 05:05 PM.