Page 715 of 782 FirstFirst ... 215615665705710713714715716717720725765 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,300 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Native American.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    So who's next?

Native American servant or Irish servant>
    I don't see the point of doing this sort of thing. Why don't you just make whoever you want to make?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    I don't see the point of doing this sort of thing. Why don't you just make whoever you want to make?
    I'm just really indecisive when I have multiple options and ideas. This way I have focus on what to do first.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    I suggest Irish simply because I can't think of any Native Americans off my head, but it's still your call...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyways, they're both done, time to breathe some life back into this thread.

--------------------------------

Class: Lancer
    True Name: Pocahontas
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: North America

Strength- C
    Endurance- D
    Agility- B
    Mana- B
    Luck- D
    NP- B

Height/Weight: 170cm/62kg
    Dislikes: Needless Destruction
    Talent: Obscured suffering
    Natural Enemy: Christopher Columbus

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (D) - Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:

• Innocent Monster (B) - An attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. Incidentally, this personal skill cannot be removed. Due to distortion in modern fiction completely rewriting her role and personality, the 'Curse of Walt' has warped her personality and form into a fusion of fact and fiction, she has been granted beneficial powers.

• Protection of Nature (A) - A blessing from nature spirits to those who fight for the natural world. In areas where nature dominates, all parameters gain a Rank-Up.
    • Shamanism (C) - A practice that involves a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to perceive and interact with a spirit world and channel these transcendental energies into this world. Due to being summoned as a Lancer instead of Caster, the rank is reduced.

Noble Phantasm

Aspect of the Beast Path of an Animal (Anti-Self) (B) - The Noble Phantasm of Pocahontas. A spiritual woman who acts as a guide and a guardian of nature and in turn, spirits of nature act as a guiding protector for her. She can take on the attributes of various different animals and be empowered by them.
    • Bear: Taking on the aspect of the Bear, her muscles enlarge greatly and her hair becomes raged. Strength gains a Rank-Up and Endurance increases to A rank. In addition, in this state, she gains Battle Continuation at rank B.
    • Eagle: The eagle aspect increases her Agility to A+ and she gains the skills Clairvoyance and Disengage at rank B. The physical manifestation of the aspect grants her yellow eyes, talons and feathers begin to sprout from her arms.
    • Wolf: Spirits of the Wolf increase her physical parameters by one rank. She gains the Presence Detection skill at A and Charisma at rank C. The wolf aspect sharpens her teeth and increases the length of her hair.

She only possesses this Noble Phantasm due to the Innocent Monster skill as fictionalised events of her life are more famous and erased her true life. It is not something she possessed in her actual life.

Lore

The story of Pocahontas, romanticised in the Disney movie by the same name, tells the tale of a young woman who saved an Englishman from being executed and, once captured by the English converted to Christianity and fell in love with a handsome Englishman called John Rolfe, whom she later married. Pocahontas became the symbol of hope for peace and good relations between the English and the Native Americans. However, the Disney tale is far from reality.

In a well-known historical anecdote, she is said to have saved the life of an Indian captive, Englishman John Smith, in 1607 by placing her head upon his own when her father raised his war club to execute him. Some historians have suggested that this story, as told by Smith, is untrue.
    It is believed that John Smith was a pretentious man who told this lie to gain fame. As she was only a 10-year-old child when these events occurred, and therefore highly unlikely that there was any romance between them.

As no good deed goes unpunished, Pocahontas was captured by the English and held for ransom. During her captivity, she was converted to Christianity, likely forcefully and conditioned by John Rolfe, and took the name Rebecca. When the opportunity arose for her to return to her people, she chose to remain with the English. In April 1614, she married her captor, and in January 1615, bore their son, Thomas Rolfe.

In 1616, the Rolfes travelled to London. Pocahontas was paraded around English society as an example of the "civilised savage" in hopes of stimulating investment in the Jamestown settlement. She was treated as a living piece of propaganda and attended a masque at Whitehall Palace. In 1617, the Rolfes set sail for Virginia, but Pocahontas died at Gravesend of illness at twenty. Her real life was no fairy tale.

Her story has been romanticized over the years, and she is a subject of art, literature, and film. This false depiction of her life and struggles has been obscured by the lie of the 'Noble Savage'. Pocahontas is a noble, free-spirited and highly spiritual young woman. Although she possesses wisdom beyond her years, she holds nothing but distain and hatred to those who have contributed to the destruction of her peoples culture. She will dislike those who have originated from England on principle however those who directly profited and contributed towards the attack on her people will be marked for death. The likes of Christopher Columbus if he were to be summoned in the war would be hunted down ruthlessly.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And here is the other.

----------

Class: Lancer
    True Name: Muirisc 'Irelands Pirate Queen'
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Place of Origin: Ireland

Strength- C
    Endurance- C
    Agility- A
    Mana- C
    Luck- C
    NP- B

Height/Weight: 164cm/54kg
    Dislikes: Law and Order
    Talent: Raiding
    Natural Enemy: Úgaine Mór

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (C) - Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:
    • Grace of God (B) - The greatest body and good looks, a skill that denotes the "beauty of royalty".
    • Information Erasure (B+) - The removal of information regarding the Servant's true name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement. Much like how her own legend has been erased, the moment people look away for Muirisc memories of her will fade from appearance and events shared with her.
    • Voyager of the Storm (C) - The talent to sail vessels recognized as ships. Because the ability as a group leader is also necessary, this unique Skill also has the effects of both Charisma and Military Tactics.

Noble Phantasm

Mag Muirisce Spear of the Oceans (Anti-Element) (B++) - The spear of Muirisc, the woman who was said to 'Rule the Seas'. It holds the ability to manipulate water. Utilising the spear, Muirisc can create, shape and manipulate water, and even change its state to gas or solid.
    Said to be descended from Poseidon's Trident, at full power; she can manipulate ocean currents, manipulate tides, even create waterspouts and whirlpools. Due to how much of her legend has been lost, it is doubtful she ever wielded this in life.

Lore

Muirisc, was a legendary but perhaps also historical royal princess who was given rule by her father, Úgaine Mór , the sixty-sixth high king of Ireland, who over the Barony of Murrisk. She placed her stronghold near Clew Bay in the shadow of Cruachan Aigli. She clearly appears to have been a sea captain and a warrior because, much like the Elizabethan-era "pirate queen," Grace O'Malley, she "ruled o'er hardy sailors and great men" and was famed as much for being "daring" and "bold" as she was for her beauty and "snowy hands."

An unscrupulous woman who mostly is just concerned with having fun. Muirisc doesn't care much for authority or intimidation, and thinks of herself as separate from the system instead of a part of it. She's got a devil may care attitude, and is unabashedly hedonistic and promiscuous. Unfortunately, nearly all records of her exploits have been lost so she has recounted her tales to any and all who would listen. However, there is no way to know what she says is the truth due to blatant bias and the fact her stories for various events change every time she tells them.

-------------------------------------

I wanted to do a vague servant and I came across this pirate. When I looked her up, it was stated nearly all of her legends were lost so like the Hassasn, I have taken many liberties in making stuff up. She's not to be taken seriously by any stretch of the imagination.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 8th, 2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Added additional skill

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Altogether a pretty good sheet, however, it feels like something is missing, but I don't know what it is. Vague servants can be difficult to do, just look at my Jashobeam and Co. sheets where all I really had to go with was "these guys were David's bodyguards and could kill armies by themselves". I feel like you could add more to the noble phantasm or possibly another skill to try to spice the sheet up a bit.
    Last edited by ZSB1999; May 6th, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

Blog Entries
    Muirisc looks solid to me, if simple.

Pocahontas seems a tad too powerful given her real life history, but I haven't watched the Disney film, so I can't really comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I finish and post my next sheet,

Would Kalki qualify as a Ruler?

The two conditions that have been specified are to have a "Saint" quality, and to not have any desire for the Grail (except for Amakusa Shirou, since it was the only Saint the Grail could find in Japan). Does being a figure from Hinduism automatically disqualify Kalki?

And on a general note: what's the usual procedure for making a Servant of a figure who has yet to be born, yet is extensively described in mythological or religious prophecy? How are their fame boosts handled?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Before I finish and post my next sheet,

Would Kalki qualify as a Ruler?

The two conditions that have been specified are to have a "Saint" quality, and to not have any desire for the Grail (except for Amakusa Shirou, since it was the only Saint the Grail could find in Japan). Does being a figure from Hinduism automatically disqualify Kalki?
    Rulers don't need to be saints; they just need to be impartial.

And on a general note: what's the usual procedure for making a Servant of a figure who has yet to be born, yet is extensively described in mythological or religious prophecy? How are their fame boosts handled?
    There is no "usual procedure". Anyone who is recorded in the Throne, whether or not they exist in the current time, can be summoned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Rulers don't need to be saints; they just need to be impartial.

There is no "usual procedure". Anyone who is recorded in the Throne, whether or not they exist in the current time, can be summoned.
    OK, thank you. Impartial it is, and I'm pretty Kalki would be impartial (probably from just not caring and wanting to get it over with though).

I know they can be summoned; however, the general trend for Servants is that the older they are, the stronger they are. Servants from the modern era are generally quite weak. So how would someone like Kalki, who has yet to exist but has been described in the Puranas, fare powerwise?
    Last edited by Constructman; May 6th, 2016 at 09:55 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hermes: Wasn't expecting to see a Pocahontas sheet here. Innocent Monster is a clever way to integrate the 'noble savage' part of her lore into her real-life self (and I LOLed at the 'curse of Walt' bit). Overall it seems like you took a few cues from my Squanto sheet, most notably her Protection Of Nature Skill and Columbus as her Natural Enemy. NP is more of a generic reflection of native spirituality rather then anything specific to her in particular, but I suppose that's justified by Innocent Monster. And the idea of being able to adapt the traits of various animals is certainly cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    So how would someone like Kalki, who has yet to exist but has been described in the Puranas, fare powerwise?
    Considering Hindu myth, I'm guessing pretty OP.

Blog Entries
    Class: Berserker
    Master:
    True Name: Satsuki “Sachin” Yumizuka, the… um… who is she again?
    Sex: Female
    Height/Weight: 161cm/45kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Appearance

Stats
    Strength: D
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Magical Energy: A
    Luck: E-
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Mad Enhancements: E-
    Raises basic parameters in exchange of hindering mental capacities. In some cases, also seals away Personal Skills. A skill that transforms one into a brute and raises one's abilities. ...But as ‘Sachin’ still possesses her reasoning abilities, the benefits from this are very low. Rather than effecting her abilities or endurance, it's simply made it so that she "does not feel pain."

Personal Skills:
    Stalking: C
    The ability to track others unseen. ‘Sachin’ was able to successfully stalk a rather powerful demon hunter in life. However she did it before he had truly ‘had’ his abilities, leaving her with a somewhat low rank in this skill.

Powerless Shell: A+
    A skill that make the user difficult to perceive as a Servant, declining both their parameters and skills. ‘Sachin’s’ rank in this skill makes others perceive her as being ‘nobody of note/worth’ and will almost consistently be ignored. Has a bonus effect of somewhat emulating the Information Erasure skill in that others will often forget about her.

Mystic Eyes: A
    The possession of Mystic Eyes that are capable of interfering with the outside world. ‘Sachin’ possesses Mystic Eyes of Enchantment, which is very impressive considering how young a Dead Apostle she is.

Vampirism: B+++
    A skill possessed by those who became some manner of vampire within their life. In some ways, it could be considered a composite skill of Blood-Sucking and Regeneration. ‘Sachin’ was a very unique case in that, upon being bitten, she managed to almost immediately reach Dead Apostle status.

Noble Phantasm
    Depletion Garden, Consumption of Mana: B (Anti-Thaumaturgy, Anti-Spirit)
    The Reality Marble ‘Sachin’ gained upon her conversion into a Dead Apostle. It’s effect is simple, but potentially devastating; it drains and dissipates the mana from the environment within it’s boundaries. While this would have no effect against a normal human, it would nullify a Magus’ ability to create prana and therefore their ability to cast spells. It is also deadly to beings who need mana to survive, such as Elementals or even Servants to a degree, as it would essentially slowly kill/drain them so long as they remain inside it.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Irish female servant and Pocahontas!

Marry me Hermes!

Also, your Pocahontas looks HOT! Your Muirisc looks... I take that back...

Oh that's it! Overpowered or not, I just have to post mine! I will just make it very clear that they aren't "real servants"...
    Last edited by AsGryffynn; May 7th, 2016 at 12:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    ... I was scared to make this guy overpowered, but I had to, since he's a godamn Indian hero... So I gave him high tier skills and parameters, but a simple "smash-your-face-in" Noble Phantasm.

"Um... I don't shoot beams."

Also, first time making a Ruler; this guy is probably a lot better as a Rider, but I wanted to see if he could fit the bill as an impartial moderator (if only from sheer apathy). If you guys don't think it will work, I'll make a Rider version of the profile and post that

"Whenever and wherever there is a decline in dharma, O descendant of Bharata, and a rise of adharma - at that time I manifest myself…"

I know that's a motorcycle, not a horse, but please ignore that. Also pretend that the lightning is actually fire. Credit to molee on deviantart.

Class: Ruler
    • Alternate Classes: Rider

Name: Kalki
    Place of Origin: India
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Parameters:
    Strength: A
    Agility: C
    Endurance: B
    Magic: B
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:
    • God's Resolution (A)
      If summoned to oversee a Grail War, Kalki will gain two Command Spells for each of the participating Servants
    • True Name Discernment (B)
      If summoned as a Ruler, during a direct encounter, a Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a luck check is required.
    • Magic Resistance (A)
      Cancels spells of A rank or below.

Personal Skills:
    • Divinity (A)
      As an Avatar of Vishnu, Kalki has divinity of a very high standard, comparable to his fellow avatar Rama.
    • Pioneer of the Stars (EX)
      Kalki is the one who will usher in the next Satya Yuga, where the good in man will reign supreme for the next 1728000 years (or so the Puranas claim). A major turning point for humanity, to say the very least.
    • Prana Burst (Flames) (C)
      A skill that increases performance by infusing the body and weapons with magical energy and then expelling it like a jet burst. Also causes the user's weapons to burst into flames.
    • Riding (A+)
      Kalki can ride any animal or vehicle except for dragons.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Devadatta: the God-given Stallion (Anti-Army, B)
    Kalki's main Noble Phantasm is the white horse he is often depicted with. This horse, Devadatta is a winged stallion comparable in nature to a Pegasus, but not quite as powerful. While he is primarily a means of transportation, he possesses A rank strength and endurance, making him an effective weapon in his own right. On the ground, his normal speed is comparable to a bullet train; in the air, an F-15.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    A Heroic Spirit who has yet to be born, who has not yet walked upon the Earth yet whose name is already ingrained into the minds of the people. That is the nature of Kalki.

The tenth avatar of the Hindu deity Vishnu, Kalki is foretold as the harbinger of the end, the man who will close this age, the Kali Yuga, and usher in a new golden age, the Satya Yuga, allowing the cycle of the universe to restart. It is foretold that when humanity has completely forgotten the gods, Kalki will appear to rid the world of all wicked kings, false prophets, and evil people and to usher in a new golden age. More cynical magi who know his tale may instead view him as one who will end the Age of Man and begin a new Age of Gods.

Personality:
    When summoned as a Servant, he will for at least a brief moment genuinely believe that the end times have come and attempt to end the Kali Yuga. Once this misconception has been cleared up, he will spend the rest of his time summoned in a state of great boredom. If summoned as Ruler, he will perform the task of making sure the Grail War does not go out of hand with unenthusiastic efficiency. If summoned by a Master, he will utterly refuse to contribute more than the minimum effort needed to keep his Master alive.

If his Master (if he has one) can get him to open up, they will find a man who is compassionate and serene, but also very fatalistic, with a belief that: "All things will happen when the time is right. I will usher in the Satya Yuga when the whole world has fallen into depravity. Until then, I stay my hand." However, if one can appeal to his sense of justice, they may be able to convince him to intervene "out of season". No matter if it is the foretold time or not, he cannot sit idle in the face of atrocities.

He has no wish for the Grail, believing himself to merely be the herald of the new age, which will certainly come in time. If presented with the opportunity to accelerate the coming of the Satya Yuga, he will decline, not wishing to upset the balance of the cycle of the Ages. It will take extraordinary circumstances for his convictions to break and for his attitude to shift to a more proactive one.

Miscellaneous:
    Dislikes: the evil in the hearts of mankind, those who deny or defy divinity
    Talents: sword fighting, caring for horses
    Natural Enemy: other eschatological figures (he has a particular bone to pick with the Mahdi due to conflicts between Hindus and Muslims in the past).
    Catalyst: a copy of the Kalki Purana in Sanskrit
    Notes:
    • No matter what class he is summoned in, he will always have his horse.
    • Do NOT enter into a cosmological or religious debate with him. Even with updated information concerning the nature of magic and reality from the Holy Grail, his still holds fast to his Hindu viewpoint. If you get him started, you will never hear the end of it.
    Last edited by Constructman; May 7th, 2016 at 11:01 AM.

I, the maker of overpowered characters in fantasy, approve of this servant!

Honestly seems underpowered. I'd give him more NPs; he's basically a Rider in Ruler's clothing, and Riders are known for having multiple.

Also, Magic Resistance should be a class skill.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As the herald for the end of times to bring forth a new Age of Gods, I was expecting an EX ranked Anti-Evil / Anti-Humanity Noble Phantasm akin to Ea. Although he is certainly powerful, honestly he should be Gilgamesh tier in my opinion. Hell, you could even put Gil as a Natural enemy as they're basically polar opposites.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    A skill that increases performance by infusing the body and weapons with magical energy and then expelling it like a jet burst.
    I think that's only for regular Prana Burst, not the (Flames) version.

Blog Entries
    I'm looking for ideas for a non-Asian, non-Irish and non-Greek Lancer or two.

Also, what are the qualifications and proper class skills for a Ruler and Avenger?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Ruler's qualifications are supposed to be something of a neutral, moderating stance that had no desire for the Holy Grail. They have Magic Resistance, True Name Discernment, and God's Resolution.
    Avenger's used to be "be Angra Mainyu." Now it's ???VENGEANCE I GUESS??? They have Avenger, Oblivion Revision, and Mana Replenishment.