Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still play Battle Moon Wars?

Does anyone still play Battle Moon Wars?

I loaded it recently just for that nostalgia factor, and it was still quite fun to play. (damn that level with Lancer and the white laser bird)

Anyway, I think I got annoyed by Lancer's misaligned map walking sprite, so I fixed it. Then I noticed other minor things and I got too into it and did a bunch of other minor fixes. I thought that there might be others out there who get annoyed by very minor things like this, so I could share it and ease their pain.

(Need YanePack to unpack Battle Moon Wars .dat files, don't need to repack them, but please back them up for your own safety)

***************************s/wva0z4ub4d...0v0.2.rar?dl=0

I realised no sane person would care about these minor things, but, wait! There's more! For the people who know how to mess around with text files, also included are the playable Berserker and Illya I salvaged from Sonic?'s old mod that was on the old seiha forums, now lost forever.

I'm also working on updating old Touko to sexy Touko.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by ASPIDER; July 26th, 2015 at 01:59 AM.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Oh hey, neat BMW mod stuff-

playable Berserker and Illya

updating old Touko to sexy Touko

Bless your soul.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Holy Moddery Batman! 0.O
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Okay cool
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Please.

Haha, I KNEW no one would care about the minor stuff. But if you guys notice any other minor Battle Moon Wars issues, (mis-alignments, mis-colours, etc.) please let me know as I would like to fix them.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. All that has been done so far are the basic sprites, (as shown in the first post) about 25% of her map sprites, and her first attack is being worked on, so there's not much to show. I also noticed that she seems to have orange ear piercings, so I have added that.

Two issues I will have are:

1. Her block sprite has the smoke that I won't be able replicate, so I will either have to leave it out, or replace it with something else. (I'm thinking the protection rune she used in Kara no Kyoukai #4)
    2. One of her attacks has a cut-in of her big face. Since it won't fit with the new sprites, I will either have to leave it out or replace it.

Thanks again, have some little Toukos.

EDIT: Here's what she looks like now (ear piercings, fixed watch):

Last edited by ASPIDER; July 25th, 2015 at 01:30 AM.

Who is this god that descended upon us?

I remember on Aroduc's forums someone made a mod that added Satsujinki. Seeing new things added to this age old game is always a blessing.

Good job and keep up the good work!

F/GO friend code: 319871588/solopy567

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm still in the middle of playing it. I've yet to beat it. I should Probably get back to it.

Blu Hair 4life.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant!

Will these work with the original untranslated game?

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    I still do.

I can't defeat Goldie! T_T

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Okay, after a few hours of Photoshopping and Googling guides on how to use Photoshop, here's the new block sprite.

If anyone can do the rune better than my pitiful attempt, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by solopy567 View Post
    Who is this god that descended upon us?

I remember on Aroduc's forums someone made a mod that added Satsujinki. Seeing new things added to this age old game is always a blessing.

Good job and keep up the good work!
    That was Winged's work, which was amazing and I definitely remember fawning over it too. There was another person with a Sonic character for a username that did a huge mod that added more levels, Nanoha characters, and the playable Ilya and Berserker that I included with the file in the first post. Unfortunately, I didn't keep any of the other stuff and now it's lost forever. I think that person was working on a redhead Touko too, before they stopped replying on the old forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Haseo Nanaya View Post
    I'm still in the middle of playing it. I've yet to beat it. I should Probably get back to it.

Blu Hair 4life.
    Blasphemy! If you had a redhead Touko, it would distract the enemies, thus giving you 100% evasion and you would have beaten the game by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Brilliant!

Will these work with the original untranslated game?
    I think as long as you've got it updated to BEST it should be fine; though as a disclaimer, I am using the game with Aroduc's translation patch. Always remember to back up your files, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Renko View Post
    I still do.

I can't defeat Goldie! T_T
    Haha, he's my favourite Servant. If you can't beat him, it's because you are a mongrel and he is the KING, haha.
    Last edited by ASPIDER; July 25th, 2015 at 08:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    wow git gud, you haven't beaten BMW 3+NG's by now?

I mean yes, the Hit and Dodge rate is equivalent to an earlier Winkysoft Super Robot Wars era game and is lame, but that's what spirits and skills are for. Abuse those assist skills or just farm BP and FP on an infinite spawning map for ez mode.
    Last edited by ZidanReign; July 25th, 2015 at 06:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    actually I never played it, I head BMW was basically the sakura route with a new coat of paint and lost interest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    actually I never played it, I heard BMW was basically the sakura route with a new coat of paint and lost interest
    Opinion discarded. It isn't that entirely, but forming that opinion without even trying the game?

also

>playing real/fate route
    >not playing super/tsukihime route

disgusting

Blog Entries
    so...theres what, two routes? or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    so...theres what, two routes? or something?
    It's just a combined plot setting. You experience more of whatever route you choose, the routes converge on certain stages.

It's nothing special, but it isn't terrible. It's definitely not just a revamped sakura route though.

Dark Sakura and Dark Sabia should have being playable along with Gil.

<----Biased

actually I never played it, I head BMW was basically the sakura route with a new coat of paint and lost interest
    Aww, it's fun. I guess since Shirou and Sakura have a combination attack, it could be seen as continuing from that. But since everyone is still around, it feels abit like a Carnival Phantasm kind of deal. The story doesn't really focus on them much anyway.

If you really don't like the characters, you can always just not use them. My method of play was to beef up Shiki and Shiki and slash my way around the map.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BMW is bad because Shinji isn't in it (SHIKI jokes do not count)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ASPIDER View Post
    Aww, it's fun. I guess since Shirou and Sakura have a combination attack, it could be seen as continuing from that. But since everyone is still around, it feels abit like a Carnival Phantasm kind of deal. The story doesn't really focus on them much anyway.

If you really don't like the characters, you can always just not use them. My method of play was to beef up Shiki and Shiki and slash my way around the map.
    As far as I remember it "buff Shiki win game" was outright the best way to win the game especially against the late boss HP pools.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?